Photo

747 but not 737? wtf?

46 replies to this topic
jefflcarr
  • jefflcarr

Hawkeye

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:38 PM

Pedantic I know, but why does everyone keep referring to them as 737s?  They're obviously not modeled after a 737.  Judging by size and configuration I'd say they're most closely modeled after a 767.

3647060284_52189b4db5.jpg

That being said, I wish the stupid things were flyable.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:40 PM

It doesn't matter really. The only thing you can really hope for is a proper patch or nothing and carry on enjoying.

Cinoy
  • Cinoy

✈✈✈✈✈✈

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:43 PM Edited by Cinoy, 18 September 2013 - 09:44 PM.

It doesn't matter really. The only thing you can really hope for is a proper patch or nothing and carry on enjoying.

Yea I really hope some of them are flyable but glitched because I really would love to fly it, with good detail like the luxor/shamal so when you hit the wing it comes off... that is really all I wanted I wouldnt even care much about driving physics anymore. The 747 is poorly developed so its boring to fly, its like asking for a ferrari to be in game, but they make it really crappily and it drives really slow, it wouldnt make them happy. I really wish they patch it so the smaller commercial planes are flyable and are normal to manuever/useful.

gdfsgdfg
  • gdfsgdfg

Pancakes

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:18 PM

Can't drive trains, 747 is very underdeveloped my god the problems keep coming.

flyus747
  • flyus747

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:01 AM

I'm certain the 737s aren't flyable b/c after looking at the GTA V digital manual, I zoomed into the airport and the 737s were all there as if part of the map. None of the 747 or shamans were there which indicates that the 747 and shamal are flyable while the 737s are simply objects on the map

Paradoxical
  • Paradoxical

Russian

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:05 AM

I thought I remembered seeing an aircraft similar to an Airbus A330 Airliner in the multiplayer gameplay trailer, but don't see it in game either. Also the Hydra and Skimmer were cut.

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Blackhawk lover

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:10 PM

well. I guess the plane we saw in the trailer wasn't the one parked at the airport, but rather this one:

2z3i.jpg

NGC BemaR
  • NGC BemaR

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:18 AM

Wow...alot of complaints about probably, in my opinion, the best game made to date...period. Anyone who has completed the game will probably have guessed that, sadly for those without the internet, alot more will be on offer online!

Do I want the medium jet, ( which I am naming medium, so i dont have people quoting...its not a 737,757,767, 320,321,330) of course I would like it to be flyable. Will it become flyable maybe...but one thing is for certain we know r* will be adding new locations to GTA Online, whether it will be current gen or next gen we will find out soon.

R* know what they are doing and I am not disapointed or crying about certain planes not being flyable or the terminal being enterable. I am sure at some point another location with a airport will be added because as of right now the only airport the 747 can land on is LSX. (At Grapeseed and the airstrip in senora desert the 747 blows up on touchdown at slow speeds... Source?: Me, I have tried it...you try it! And good luck landing at fort zancudo and taxiing off the runway to a stand!)

R* put operatable vehicles that make sense...or at some point will! Enjoy playing the story its amazing!!!!!! We will soon experience what GTA V really has to offer online in a week and a half!

Nice to see you sticking around after launch Juankairpilot, I cannot be bothered to manager a flying pilots crew where everyone operates properly, but hopefully someone does so that we can fly together when online comes out.

Happy flying fellow enthusiasts!!

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 07 December 2013 - 02:04 PM

I thought I remembered seeing an aircraft similar to an Airbus A330 Airliner in the multiplayer gameplay trailer, but don't see it in game either. Also the Hydra and Skimmer were cut.

We do have the giant Antanov AN-124

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 December 2013 - 03:17 PM Edited by I<3GTAV, 07 December 2013 - 03:19 PM.

I don't understand how such a small feature is a huge letdown to some of you. There's still several other planes to choose from, including a 747, which is rather similar and was even put in last minute just to please you whiners. Grow up.

NickStone
  • NickStone

My member doesn't have a title.

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 December 2013 - 08:56 PM Edited by NickStone, 07 December 2013 - 09:13 PM.

It *is* in fact possible to land the 747 at the Sand Shores airstrip...the trick is in learning *why* the plane blows up - there are large boulders on each side, and other small objects, that will clip the wings. You'll often hit these if you touch down at the beginning of the runway. Keep a mental note of where these objects are, and try and touch down after those objects - because of the mechanics of the game, the 747 doesn't require much stopping distance. Quick-save, and either taxi down toward the east end to try and turn around, or just throw it in reverse and back up to the boulders, to take off again. Should just barely be enough room.

Took this after I posted this reply, to see if I could do it on the first try. :)

0_0.jpg

I found this thread after googling to see if anyone had been able to land it at Grapeseed. I'm guessing there's no frickin' way.

And, just throwin it out there, since everyone else is serving up their $0.02: I didn't see anyone complaining about anything here (except people complaining about the alleged complainers of course). I love this game, I've played it nonstop since Sept 17th. I have not played, and probably won't play, anything else for a very long time...and I still agree with the OP. By now even the most die-hard fans of this game have some things they'd like to see in here. I can think of a few dozen. Doesn't mean I don't like the game or I'm complaining. There's just...MORE stuff I'd like to see in it. On the large scale, I'd like to see another huge city way off the coast... like the placement of Liberty City 15 or 20 miles off to the northeast, or some other large, inhabited islands to visit (and perhaps, have a reason to visit). I'd like to see the creation of new storylines, like I dunno...Tales of Los Santos. Sagas of San Andreas.

And that's what 90% of these so-called complaining posts are -- just observations from people who truly love the game, and who envision new things they'd like to see added.

I wouldn't mind a flyable "medium", as the earlier poster called it. The 747 does seem to fly slower than a real one, but response times are about right. They're respond to control inputs like I respond to my alarm clock at 6am after 2 hours sleep. But that's how the real one flies. The "medium" (whether it's a 737 or the 767, as I'm inclined to believe since the OP sounds like he knows aircraft.) would be nice if it mocked its real-life counterpart, for times when you don't wanna fly a garbage truck with wings, and the Luxor acts too much like an F-16.

To the OP, you asked why people refer to them as a 737....and I would have to say most likely, it's because it doesn't fly. No seriously, if this was a flyable model and not just static scenery, it would have undergone enough scrutiny by the public to be properly addressed. As much as I love A/C, I never gave the thing another glance once I found out it was a scenery object. As with any object in the game, if I can't fly it, drive it, throw it, kill people with it, break it or blow it up, I just don't care what it is. To me it's akin to scrutinizing the genus and species of the shrubs in Michael's front yard or identifying the geological makeup of Mt. Josiah.

Just sayin'. :)

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Blackhawk lover

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 09:04 PM

I don't understand how such a small feature is a huge letdown to some of you. There's still several other planes to choose from, including a 747, which is rather similar and was even put in last minute just to please you whiners. Grow up.

Dude, the 747 was already in tge character trailers, a little early for last decision implemention.

Proletariat
  • Proletariat

Vice City ain't a Nice City

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 09:39 PM

I would love to fly the 737, but 747 is good enough for me. It just isn't that realistic though. You barely need any speed to get off the ground, and the turbulence isn't even realistic. Same with the fighter jets.

HotelHoney
  • HotelHoney

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:03 PM

265 million obviously wasn't enough.

HotelHoney
  • HotelHoney

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:15 PM

No 737 too much 747 oh gee whiz mr man. why dont we all just die already.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:47 AM Edited by 2281, 08 December 2013 - 12:47 AM.

The 747 and the 737 are not similar. They have distinct differences which I'm certain a mentally handicapped child could figure out.

A plausible explanation to the disappointment would be that there is no where to fly the 747 to due to its size. The airstrip in the Great Senora Desert is not suitable for large aircraft and in practice is a very difficult to land a 747 at. The alternative, Fort Zancudo, is a restricted area. 

Perhaps you should "grow up".

Swifty101
  • Swifty101

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:52 PM

I use flight simulator and well I landed a 747 for the first time ever in GTA 5. Then managed to take off from the short runway and landed on the smaller runway which is about the daze of one of the airports near me in which Air Force 1 landed on and took off from. And I have never even really managed a good take off from Albany Int'l Airport before just barely getting off the ground in my flight simulator. And the only runway you can use is the north to south, south to north runway since NPC 747-400's are constantly landing and taking off right as soon as you turn the camera away then back they take off and land and never stop for anything in front of them unlike the smaller aircraft do. But why go for a 737 when most people want a 747 jumbo jet instead like the 747-400 the president flies in. And yes it was a last minute addition because of the mission where Trevor flies an engine military air transport plane jumbo jet so they figured let people go for something about the same size and add the 747 to let fans test out the new simulator physics on the worlds leading jumbo jet by choice.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users