Photo

747 but not 737? wtf?

46 replies to this topic
snacker111
  • snacker111

GTA

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:58 AM

Someone explain why the 747s are flyable yet the smaller 737s arent?  Im trying to make sense of all the shortcomings in the game.

JuankAirPilot
  • JuankAirPilot

playboyXkilled2pac

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:06 AM

I know..........one is seeing over the tennis courts in the Online trailer (my profile pic) and they're all over the airfield. I'm hoping that there's only certain ones that can be flown similar to the 747's and that ppl just haven't checked them all yet.

One Eye
  • One Eye

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:12 AM Edited by One Eye, 18 September 2013 - 03:13 AM.

Gotta cut dem features when you're making a $265 million dollar game..

• handoverfist and G_Unit_G_Unit like this

assnihilator
  • assnihilator

AKA AP-70_FIREHAWK

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:16 AM

hmmmm.... I also heard a rumor that the 747 was also a last minute decision to place in the game. Perhaps it was done to please the fans? It would seem to make sense since the 747 feels under developed. Notice how crashing any other plane's wing into an object just causes it to break off while leaving you alive. Touch one little thing with the 747's wing and "WASTED"  :barf: me thinks that the 47 and the 37'ish plane weren't supposed to be features...

flyus747
  • flyus747

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:16 AM

yea i remember when the leaks first started coming out my biggest fear was that the 747s wouldnt be flyable but after discovering that the 747s are indeed flyable i was certain that the 737s would be flyable as well but judging by the quality of the 737 model and the fact that the 737s are as solid as a static object im guessing that they are actually not flyable :(

if you rammed a car or truck into the 747 it would actually lift or move the 747 a bit which tells us that this is indeed a movable/ flyable vehicle but when they crashed in to the 737 it was just like the ones from GTA IV sadly

it really pisses me off how EVERY YouTube video featuring the los santos airport airplanes its always the shamal and rarely the 747 and they ABSOLUTELY NEVER EVER go towards the 737 which I cant seem to understand

flyus747
  • flyus747

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:19 AM

btw the flyus livery in this game is so ugly, why couldnt they use GTA IVs flyus??

that one looked SO much better than the one in GTA V

• JuankAirPilot likes this

JuankAirPilot
  • JuankAirPilot

playboyXkilled2pac

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:39 AM

yea i remember when the leaks first started coming out my biggest fear was that the 747s wouldnt be flyable but after discovering that the 747s are indeed flyable i was certain that the 737s would be flyable as well but judging by the quality of the 737 model and the fact that the 737s are as solid as a static object im guessing that they are actually not flyable :(
if you rammed a car or truck into the 747 it would actually lift or move the 747 a bit which tells us that this is indeed a movable/ flyable vehicle but when they crashed in to the 737 it was just like the ones from GTA IV sadly

it really pisses me off how EVERY YouTube video featuring the los santos airport airplanes its always the shamal and rarely the 747 and they ABSOLUTELY NEVER EVER go towards the 737 which I cant seem to understand

Exactly. When ppl first started trying to fly the 747's they were all locked but luckily someone tried them all and found a couple that worked. I wish ppl would explore the ones at the terminal more, but regardless I will tomorrow after work. I'm doubting the 737 is flyable though because the 747 & Shamal's taxi/takeoff but the 737 doesn't plus it only shows up in 2 liveries neither of which are the FlyUS one seen in the trailer.

& yes I agree that the FlyUS livery is dull & boring. What happened to the flag on the tail that was in Michael's trailer? Unreal. I'll still take it over nothing though.

flyus747
  • flyus747

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:39 AM

Exactly. When ppl first started trying to fly the 747's they were all locked but luckily someone tried them all and found a couple that worked. I wish ppl would explore the ones at the terminal more, but regardless I will tomorrow after work. I'm doubting the 737 is flyable though because the 747 & Shamal's taxi/takeoff but the 737 doesn't plus it only shows up in 2 liveries neither of which are the FlyUS one seen in the trailer.

& yes I agree that the FlyUS livery is dull & boring. What happened to the flag on the tail that was in Michael's trailer? Unreal. I'll still take it over nothing though.

i think the 747 with the best livery is herler airlines but even that one isnt that pretty

Ronrollin9434
  • Ronrollin9434

Grotti Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:42 AM

Because 747 is the most popular type of airliner.

alb-mac
  • alb-mac

Playa

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:44 AM

I know..........one is seeing over the tennis courts in the Online trailer (my profile pic) and they're all over the airfield. I'm hoping that there's only certain ones that can be flown similar to the 747's and that ppl just haven't checked them all yet.

I don't understand...it's in the air, flying, from the trailer but in the game is solid?

flyus747
  • flyus747

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:00 AM

finally someone attempts and i sadly believe that those 737s arent flyable

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=hpbinkVRXeM

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:01 AM

Bitch please... back in the day, people were super hyped for IV which had NO planes at all....

Just think before you judge GTA V on little irrelevant things like this.

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:04 AM

Oh cry some more. Look, that shark isn't rideable. f*ck you Rockstar for not making sharks rideable. What's next to bitch about?

flyus747
  • flyus747

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:08 AM

GTA_5_airport.jpg

how the planes use to look 

the difference!

flyus747
  • flyus747

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:10 AM

Bitch please... back in the day, people were super hyped for IV which had NO planes at all....

flying is irrelevant?

how?

there are several modes of transportation: cars, ships, train, PLANES

if you played GTA SA then youd know that planes were extremely useful in getting the player from one side of the map to the other

right... all of this is 'irrelevant' to the GTA series

please, grow a pair...

flyus747
  • flyus747

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:11 AM

Oh cry some more. Look, that shark isn't rideable. f*ck you Rockstar for not making sharks rideable. What's next to bitch about?

right because sharks are vehicles?

why dont you go stay out of this topic if youve got nothing to contribute?

G_Unit_G_Unit
  • G_Unit_G_Unit

G_Unit G_Unit

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:17 AM

Gotta cut dem features when you're making a $265 million dollar game..

haha rockstar really sucks

flyus747
  • flyus747

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:35 AM

surprisingly enough i dont believe we have ever seen the aircraft in your profile pic

snacker111
  • snacker111

GTA

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:56 AM Edited by snacker111, 18 September 2013 - 12:00 PM.

I really would rather fly the 737 than the 747. The 747 is okay but its too under developed like the wings dont break off or anything and it explodes if it touches anything. The 737 would be so much faster and fun to fly.

I mean look at the end of this video the plane doesnt even go under water like the other planes. It acts like water is concrete by blowing up on impact, whereas the other planes go into the water and dont explode

• Proletariat likes this

urbanfire
  • urbanfire

Ze Fire of da City

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:00 PM

hmmmm.... I also heard a rumor that the 747 was also a last minute decision to place in the game. Perhaps it was done to please the fans? It would seem to make sense since the 747 feels under developed. Notice how crashing any other plane's wing into an object just causes it to break off while leaving you alive. Touch one little thing with the 747's wing and "WASTED"  :barf: me thinks that the 47 and the 37'ish plane weren't supposed to be features...

I'd say its more than just a rumour. In the official Brady games guide, it doesn't even list the 747 as a flyable aircraft, leading me to believe it was a last minute inclusion. 

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:43 PM Edited by LotusRIP, 18 September 2013 - 12:44 PM.

flying is irrelevant?

how?

there are several modes of transportation: cars, ships, train, PLANES

if you played GTA SA then youd know that planes were extremely useful in getting the player from one side of the map to the other

right... all of this is 'irrelevant' to the GTA series

please, grow a pair...

umm....  Flying is in V. There's a whole bunch of planes to choose from, small to large. Calm down pussy cat.

Can't see how you guys can bitch about stuff like this. Remember that GTA IV had no planes at all and not even parachutes in the original content.

• I<3GTAV likes this

snacker111
  • snacker111

GTA

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:45 PM

I'd say its more than just a rumour. In the official Brady games guide, it doesn't even list the 747 as a flyable aircraft, leading me to believe it was a last minute inclusion. 

the game guide doesnt include all the vehicles anyways

flyus747
  • flyus747

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:28 PM

Maybe the 747 was a Easter egg? Look at how it's entered, you simply teleport
  • Xx-ADITYA-xX likes this

NothingPersonal
  • NothingPersonal

Trick

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:32 PM

How pedantic... What's next, the exhaust of a certain car is designed wrong?

monkzilla
  • monkzilla

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:46 PM

also, I think Juank air went out of business after SA. :( notice that they are not present in IV or V.

Them feels...

Juank air was my favorite airline.

What if the 737's are grounded in game for mechanical issues? :p

Also pls note that "attack helicopter" shown in war stack cache website isnt present in game <-- the silhouette was of a hunter.

And Hydra was cut the last minute...

JuankAirPilot
  • JuankAirPilot

playboyXkilled2pac

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:44 PM

also, I think Juank air went out of business after SA. :( notice that they are not present in IV or V.
Them feels...
Juank air was my favorite airline.
What if the 737's are grounded in game for mechanical issues? :p
Also pls note that "attack helicopter" shown in war stack cache website isnt present in game <-- the silhouette was of a hunter.
And Hydra was cut the last minute...

From the looks of the livery Juank merged with Adios!

Xx-ADITYA-xX
  • Xx-ADITYA-xX

Blazing Wolves - Crew Leader

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:10 PM

So. Many. Let-downs 

Xx-ADITYA-xX
  • Xx-ADITYA-xX

Blazing Wolves - Crew Leader

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:12 PM

Maybe the 747 was a Easter egg? Look at how it's entered, you simply teleport

Lol San Andreas was more realistic with this situation, you needed to get something to elevate you to the plane door to get inside the plane. GTA V? you just teleport, wtf, just wtf....

henriquedematos
  • henriquedematos

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:22 PM

It was me who said that in the "Jumbo jet confirmed" thread. I do think it might be just like that, a small easter egg for us instead of a fully developed plane.

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Blackhawk lover

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:33 PM

it wasn't a "last minute" decision, it was already obvious the first time it has been seen in Michaels trailer. The wheels, textures and gearhatches indicated a functioning model. Just keep your eyes open next time. It's the small things.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users