Quantcast

» «
Photo

Anyone else feel that GTA 5's driving is the worst..

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
59 replies to this topic
Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Thug

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:28 PM

lol at the fanboys assuming anyone can somehow suck at it.  The problem is that it is far too over simplified and thus EASY AS HELL.  NOBODY can suck at the driving in this game.  It is literally impossible and that is one of the major problems with it.

NothingPersonal
  • NothingPersonal

Trick

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:29 PM

lol at the fanboys assuming anyone can somehow suck at it.  The problem is that it is far too over simplified and thus EASY AS HELL.  NOBODY can suck at the driving in this game.  It is literally impossible and that is one of the major problems with it.

I don't see how the driving being difficult>better? Maybe to a snob................

E1999Eternal
  • E1999Eternal

Prankster

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:29 PM

I think the driving is excellent.  I also loved driving in IV but I think this is an improvement. 

iTzShAd0wZz
  • iTzShAd0wZz

High Roller Gang

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:30 PM

same topic over and over again -.-

I dont care the handling or cars...i love plane!!!! :D

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Thug

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:32 PM

I don't see how the driving being difficult>better? Maybe to a snob................

Driving being easier would certainly be better to a noob.  That's much worse.  Think about how races will go - it will depend pretty much ENTIRELY on what kind of car it is rather than actual player skill.  If you don't want something skill based, go play Saints Row.

m4fioso
  • m4fioso

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:43 PM Edited by m4fioso, 18 September 2013 - 02:43 PM.

not at all, i think its actually a good balance between San Andreas arcade and IV more heavy driving

Cinoy
  • Cinoy

✈✈✈✈✈✈

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:47 PM

agreed. the people that like it are really stupid to not see how bad it actually is.

I feel like the game is too ruined that even a patch cant fix it, so really I'm just done with the game. after the 3rd mission where u smash into the car dealership with michael, i had enough. The game looks so tacky and the roads look like sh*t.

DobertReniro
  • DobertReniro

Pudding Pop.

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:48 PM

People who hate the driving so much that they feel the need to sign a petition should read this first:

http://en.wikipedia....ical_experience

• Bazzad likes this

Bazzad
  • Bazzad

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:53 PM Edited by Bazzad, 18 September 2013 - 03:01 PM.

I used to complain about the driving in 4 when it first came out. I was always given the same piece of "advice" by everyone responding, and I'm going to pass that on to you.

You're bad at driving and you need to practice, dont blame the game for your lack of skill

• lannydee likes this

topdownshooter
  • topdownshooter

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:57 PM

Best driving in a GTA game ever.
  • lannydee likes this

TECHN9CiAN
  • TECHN9CiAN

American MuSScle Fan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:57 PM

I dislike the new driving as well. I hate how motorcycles, crotch rockets to be exact, handle. They turn waaaay to hard at short distances and pick up speed impossibly fast while keeping planted on the ground. What a load of sh*t, rockstat needs to commit to either realism or arcade type sh*t. It grinds my gears feeling like im driving in Stillwater with these ridiculous vehicle physics. Only vehicle physics i like from gta 5 is the truck n trailers.

And why do saber turbos have the wheelie bar option without allowing the car to actually do a wheelie? That was wasted hype and excitement.

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Thug

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:58 PM

I used to complain about the driving in 4 when it first came out. I was always given the same piece of "advice" by everyone responding, and I'm going to pass that on to you.

You're bad a at driving and you need to practice, dont blame the game for your lack of skill

Except that that doesn't f*cking work here.  Nobody is complaining about them being hard, dumbass.

Bazzad
  • Bazzad

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:02 PM Edited by Bazzad, 18 September 2013 - 03:04 PM.

You're bad a at driving and you need to practice, dont blame the game for your lack of skill

Except that that doesn't f*cking work here.  Nobody is complaining about them being hard, dumbass.

aww diddums

• lannydee likes this

lannydee
  • lannydee

Prankster

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:07 PM

has anyone considered the people who hate the driving in the game, are just really BAD at driving?!

I'm not the best driving, but I find a LOT of control in the GTA 5 physics engine. I love this game. 

GTAaLEX117
  • GTAaLEX117

Cynical Optimist

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:07 PM

Seems like when IV was released all I heard was bitching about the driving. I thought it was frustrating at first, too but got used to it. Just give it some time and don't overreact, you'll get used to it.

Exactly. In a few months or so people will get adjusted to the new system.

lannydee
  • lannydee

Prankster

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:09 PM

You're bad at driving and you need to practice, dont blame the game for your lack of skill

BUMP

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Thug

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:11 PM

has anyone considered the people who hate the driving in the game, are just really BAD at driving?!

I'm not the best driving, but I find a LOT of control in the GTA 5 physics engine. I love this game. 

It's apparent everyone who likes the driving in 5 do not have reading comprehension skills(among other things).

Drakeulah
  • Drakeulah

African American gang member

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:13 PM

IF you don't like the driving you probably suck at it.   Here this is what you do.  Go sell your game, go to lowes buy a rope, make a loop in it, stick your head in it and see how long you can dangle in it until your legs stop kicking.

TECHN9CiAN
  • TECHN9CiAN

American MuSScle Fan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:14 PM

It's apparent everyone who likes the driving in 5 do not have reading comprehension skills(among other things).

Im noticing that too. If anything, the driving is TOO easy, which removes a challenge i enjoyed mastering in gta4.

GTAaLEX117
  • GTAaLEX117

Cynical Optimist

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:16 PM

Only vehicle physics i like from gta 5 is the truck n trailers.

I was actually expecting people to say that, mostly bcause this time around they actually got the handling for sport cars right! I think many will agree that sport cars and supercars in IV didn't handle very realistically, they were actually very similar to many low end cars...they are high performance cars for a reason, they have better traction, good suspension, hardly any body roll, and don't flip around at the slightest bump. They got the sensation of weigth right, but that was mostly because the cars had no grip.

MGSFAN612
  • MGSFAN612

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:22 PM

I wish cars had a little more weight to them but other than I can't really complain about the driving. It seems like a bit of a mix of the styles of driving from  the 3D and HD GTAs

I have pulled of some pretty nice moves with this style of driving. 

Omar_DmX
  • Omar_DmX

Trick

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:33 PM Edited by Tuniturntablist, 18 September 2013 - 03:33 PM.

I don't think it's the worst, Sleeping dogs take the cake in that department. But I agree the handling is a huge let down and a big downgrade from IV IMO.

boola
  • boola

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:38 PM

The driving in V is far superior to IV. The cars in V dont feel like they are floating on ice. They all have weight which can be felt while driving. In IV it was difficult to corner well, V is easier but that makes it more fun overrall. It takes some adapting to the changes but I like the new driving. Especially the mini coopers :D

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:44 PM

I don't find it to be bad. I like how the front wheel drive cars act different than the rear wheel drive cars and how you can 'feel' the weight of the vehicles. The brake works like it should and even though the ebrake is a little over the top, it's nothing to bitch so much about. I've been hearing people complain about not being able to drift, but I was doing some fine driftis around things last night after about fifteen minutes of driving. 

If you don't like it, it's not going to be fixed. If you aren't going to play the game anymore....don't f*cking come here and inform everyone like we give any sh*ts at all, just leave the game, leave the forum and wait for a different game to come out. 

mmmfloorpie
  • mmmfloorpie

Thug

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:47 PM

I hate the new driving.

When IV first came out, I admit that it took a LONG time to get used to it. The brakes were too soft and you had to really slow down before taking a corner.

BUT, I grew to LOVE the driving.

Most of my time on GTAV was spent driving the Vapid Police Cruiser (CVPI) in "Cops n Crooks". Man, that car was a beast! You could do burnouts really easy and it had realistic "torque steer" that you'd get from a RWD car. What I mean is, you could steer that car around just by touching the gas. If were on grass and you floored it, you'd just go around in circles. But if you moderated the gas, you could get to where you wanted to be.

This seems to be totally missing in GTAV. The CVPI now drives like a Maseriti (and it sounds like one too for some reason). It turns on a dime and it's a lot harder to do burn outs. Why R*? Because there are a bunch of kids that play GTA now and they couldn't handle the IV driving physics? Pft.

Oh, and for people who think if we complain, they will change the driving mechanics, that ain't happening. That would represent a huge overhaul and it will never happen. They would basically have to change the mechanics on every single vehicle individually.

Jaycee201
  • Jaycee201

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:48 PM

This is the best f*cking driving in any video game ever.... Are you f*cking kidding me? the weaving in and out of traffic is f*cking amazing and so thorough i love all the cars altogether man you guys bitch and complain Rockstar just made one hell of a game!

Udrift
  • Udrift

SA Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:49 PM

Yeah, I know what you're saying.

This thread should be a sticky.   http://gtaforums.com...entry1063376752

boola
  • boola

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:49 PM

agreed. the people that like it are really stupid to not see how bad it actually is.

I feel like the game is too ruined that even a patch cant fix it, so really I'm just done with the game. after the 3rd mission where u smash into the car dealership with michael, i had enough. The game looks so tacky and the roads look like sh*t.

The people who dont like it are obviously too stuborn and stupid to see how good it is. The graphics are loads better than 4, the handling is better. The game is better. If you dont like it, then dont play it.

You wont be missed.

SnapChap
  • SnapChap

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:51 PM

I love the handling in 5. I couldn't stand the handling in 4, it was like trying to drive a blue whale.

If I wanted realistic, I'd drive my car or play Gran Turismo.

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Administrator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful 2014
    Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:52 PM

We're collecting feedback here, these topics are just flooding the front pages http://gtaforums.com...ics-discussion/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users