Quantcast

» «
Photo

The Stock Exchange Information Thread (WIP)

535 replies to this topic
SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:06 AM

I have done a few missions for Lester and the stocks he has mentioned were not able to be bought...

Is this normal?

I bought them. Made quite a few bucks.

When you go to the "letter" note that you can scroll through e.g. there is a whole bunch of companies starting with "D".

• Cripple likes this

Small_Fryz
  • Small_Fryz

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:15 AM

Oh, that must be it.. I was only looking at the main page.

Doh..

CuteBabyPenguin
  • CuteBabyPenguin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:07 AM

Ok, I'm slightly confused about how Baswaq works...

The shares that benefit from Lester missions are found on the Baswaq market, which you said is based on what GTA players are doing globally. Why are they affected so much by what you do in your own game if they are determined globally? Are some of the stocks in the Baswaq market actually just tied to your own specific game only?

Case in point - Ammu-nation and Binco are both on the Baswaq market and are the same price no matter where I load my game in terms of progression, but BettaPharm, which is also on the Baswaq market, does change based on where I load my game from in terms of progression. Am I missing something?

The Nefarious Jester
  • The Nefarious Jester

Forum Old Timer

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:05 AM

Hey guys, I am a bit confused on how to buy stocks from the Bawsaq.  I can buy stuff on the LCN but not the Bawsaq.  It says that it's offline for maintenance.  Is this in realtime or do I have to do a mission or something?  Or is it just not up until GTAO is running?

Social club servers are being worked on to help handle the big loads, Bawsaq is working.

Can someone explain to me why companies like Fruit are in bawsaq when players can have little affect on it?

It would seem that those companies are tied in with GTAO, as they all seem to be dropping low with not a flinch upwards, I think it's safe to assume that once people start buying things in online, the stocks will rise.

Can't wait for this to be updated. I am having a lot of trouble actually locating the Vans for Up-An-Atom Etc.
If we could all find out what Van sizes are what type of brand it would help everyone dramatically.

Questions:

• Country FreeWays- Is that the Green area of the Map?
  • Big Rigs? Not sure if big rigs means a Lorry, or just a larger Scale of a Delivery Truck.
Screenshots of each type of "Regular" , Large, Big Rig. Wouldn't really need it but would help a lot of people.

Otherwise good job for posting a Very helpful topic! :)

I will when I can, the only problem is the delay when running my xbox through my capture card (bloody new games! Red Dead runs through it nice and smooth lol!)

Ok, I'm slightly confused about how Baswaq works...

The shares that benefit from Lester missions are found on the Baswaq market, which you said is based on what GTA players are doing globally. Why are they affected so much by what you do in your own game if they are determined globally? Are some of the stocks in the Baswaq market actually just tied to your own specific game only?

Case in point - Ammu-nation and Binco are both on the Baswaq market and are the same price no matter where I load my game in terms of progression, but BettaPharm, which is also on the Baswaq market, does change based on where I load my game from in terms of progression. Am I missing something?

Hmm that's interesting, maybe R* put some in the wrong place, or the game "overrides" for certain things, I'll investigate

Captain_Cave
  • Captain_Cave

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:23 AM

Is there any that know, how much you can get a stock like GoPostal up? If you bomb the sh*t out of PostOP?

mikk2k2
  • mikk2k2

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:09 AM

After the multi assassination mission (no spoilers) my shares (bought before the mission) were up a healthy 80% - took about 20 mins from the end of the mission to see the peak. Hope that helps, great thread!

MkIIJay
  • MkIIJay

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:33 AM

Quick pointer for you guys. Every company on the stock market has a HQ building. Follow your target truck and it WILL go back to it's HQ.

You can then sit outside bombing every truck that comes in after/before its delivery.
  • GTAhole, peanutbutterjam and TnSilhouette like this

Captain_Cave
  • Captain_Cave

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:34 AM

After the multi assassination mission (no spoilers) my shares (bought before the mission) were up a healthy 80% - took about 20 mins from the end of the mission to see the peak. Hope that helps, great thread!

Please pm with the shares and mission :)

mikk2k2
  • mikk2k2

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:34 AM

Quick pointer for you guys. Every company on the stock market has a HQ building. Follow your target truck and it WILL go back to it's HQ.

You can then sit outside bombing every truck that comes in after/before its delivery.

have you actually seen any decent change in shareprice (in your favour of course)

mikk2k2
  • mikk2k2

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:39 AM

Please pm with the shares and mission :)

Leicester's missions he tells you all you need to know...

MkIIJay
  • MkIIJay

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:43 AM

have you actually seen any decent change in shareprice (in your favour of course)

Huge amount? No. An amount worth doing it for? Yes

I accidently stumbled upon the Cluckin' Bell HQ while out driving. I took out around 10 trucks and saw a $30 profit per share.

I then drove around looking for other HQs which is when I realised that they all have them.

mikk2k2
  • mikk2k2

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:03 AM

Huge amount? No. An amount worth doing it for? Yes

I accidently stumbled upon the Cluckin' Bell HQ while out driving. I took out around 10 trucks and saw a $30 profit per share.

I then drove around looking for other HQs which is when I realised that they all have them.

Very good, will give that a go later tonight - what did you use? nade launcher?

10% increase on 2million will do me nicely :)

peanutbutterjam
  • peanutbutterjam

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:22 AM

Yes it's simple when Lester tells you what company is going to get f*cked up but how can I do this stuff in the open world? I want to ruin CoolBeans because some of my money is in BeanMachine but I don't know how...

I've seen those shops around.

I think you have to either create mayhem near their storefronts (driving away business?)
Or find and destroy/hijack their delivery trucks.

I think the idea of creating havoc outside of a business might work. I tried the whole beanmachine/coolbeans investment idea but couldn't find the trucks. Shot up some people drinking beanmachine and the price did go up. I didn't think this was a possible way of increasing share price so didn't pay attention to the sensitivity of the impact from the event. I'll try this tonight though.

If this is true, I will spend some time locating the HQ's tonight and post a map shot of where they are. I think everyone could benefit from this.

Small_Fryz
  • Small_Fryz

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:51 AM

Im unable to buy anything from the BAWSAQ market :(

Also has anybody figured out a way to buy shares faster than clicking on the arrow one at a time?

zainzombie
  • zainzombie

PRE-ORDER CANCELLED! *sob sob*

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:11 PM

Cancan anyone point out where postop's HQ is? I have been waiting for it for about an hour and I don't see anything. No trucks on roads.. freeways or docks.

MkIIJay
  • MkIIJay

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:18 PM

The only one I can point out from memory is Cluckin' Bell. Town on the right of the map (About half way up). On the left just after the fuel station.

Looking at the front of the building, turn left and immediately on the left there's a car park with an alley way. Attack the truck, drive into the alley (lights off) and they won't find you.

Repeat.
  • zainzombie likes this

Siz
  • Siz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:35 PM

I think that it might be worth trying to map anything relevant with an in-game business. Like HQ/Farms/Related businesses/Van routes even (if realistically possible) ... I'm going to start investigating these and if anyone has any helpful information to contribute, please add your input.

• peanutbutterjam likes this

SpecialDribbler
  • SpecialDribbler

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:47 PM

This should be updated to main post with credits. This is a very good find! Nice share.

MkIIJay
  • MkIIJay

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:48 PM

I finish work in 6 hours. I'll start finding HQs and post with map locations.

Siz
  • Siz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:56 PM

Could Ammu-nation stock price be influenced by going on huge rampages... Supposedly the authorities would also buy up weapons from them. I'll try and see what happens. I've found a few HQ's for now, but I'm no good with graphics... so I'll just explain where they are and if someone can add them to a map, that would be great.

Shpongled
  • Shpongled

Psychedelelicable

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:57 PM

Hm, so I bought some stocks on Bawsaq after it finally got back online but on the social club website that you linked in the first post, it seems like only some of my stocks show up in the portfolio for the character I bought them with.  Anybody else notice that?  They seem to be there in game though.  And the prices seem to be different on different computers.  I checked before I left home this morning on my home computer and they mostly went up.  Now I'm checking at work and they are the exact same prices I bought them for last night, each one of them.  I bought 5 different stocks so that'd be a weird coincidence.  Maybe they have some stuff to work out with social club.

Also, I'm a bit confused about the Bawsawq in this regard:  I bought shares on Trevor, so I guess when I sell them, the cash will go back to Trevor.  But does the Bawsaq affect your GTAO player?  Do we know that yet?  I guess maybe it's just added immersion that you can buy stocks that are affected by players online and then get that cash to your single player account, but that feels sort of weird in a way.  It seems like the LCN would make sense to affect single player characters and Bawsaq would affect GTAO characters.  But I guess if that were the case then we couldn't buy Bawsaq until GTAO came out.  So I guess I'm asking, does anybody know if the Bawsaq will affect BOTH online and offline characters?  Seems like there is an unexplained disconnect there.  Or maybe I just shouldn't worry about GTAO yet haha. 

Shpongled
  • Shpongled

Psychedelelicable

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:59 PM

Could Ammu-nation stock price be influenced by going on huge rampages... Supposedly the authorities would also buy up weapons from them. I'll try and see what happens. I've found a few HQ's for now, but I'm no good with graphics... so I'll just explain where they are and if someone can add them to a map, that would be great.

I'm not very far in the story yet, just got Trevor but I can't switch between all 3 yet, so I don't have a great idea of what the map is like is it's entirety and I don't know my way around really yet.  But I could look up a map and if you showed me where they are I would be happy to mark them on the map and upload it here.  Just thought I'd offer, seems like it'd be helpful.

DeSanta_7
  • DeSanta_7

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:14 PM

Cancan anyone point out where postop's HQ is? I have been waiting for it for about an hour and I don't see anything. No trucks on roads.. freeways or docks.

Post Op got a Blaine County depot out in Paleto Bay. It's right opposite the Ammunation logo on the map. Haven't seen any trucks go in there, strangely a Go Postal van is parked up, but a bunch of Post Op workers are hanging around the building. Kill them and their share price tumbles.

• zainzombie likes this

Siz
  • Siz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:23 PM

Hm, so I bought some stocks on Bawsaq after it finally got back online but on the social club website that you linked in the first post, it seems like only some of my stocks show up in the portfolio for the character I bought them with.  Anybody else notice that?  They seem to be there in game though.  And the prices seem to be different on different computers.  I checked before I left home this morning on my home computer and they mostly went up.  Now I'm checking at work and they are the exact same prices I bought them for last night, each one of them.  I bought 5 different stocks so that'd be a weird coincidence.  Maybe they have some stuff to work out with social club.

Also, I'm a bit confused about the Bawsawq in this regard:  I bought shares on Trevor, so I guess when I sell them, the cash will go back to Trevor.  But does the Bawsaq affect your GTAO player?  Do we know that yet?  I guess maybe it's just added immersion that you can buy stocks that are affected by players online and then get that cash to your single player account, but that feels sort of weird in a way.  It seems like the LCN would make sense to affect single player characters and Bawsaq would affect GTAO characters.  But I guess if that were the case then we couldn't buy Bawsaq until GTAO came out.  So I guess I'm asking, does anybody know if the Bawsaq will affect BOTH online and offline characters?  Seems like there is an unexplained disconnect there.  Or maybe I just shouldn't worry about GTAO yet haha. 

I found Bawsaq to be a bit strange... I'm seeing different prices in game and on the computer... Do I have to sync my PSN and Social clubs for this to work. Also I have never seen a price change on Bawsaq after investing in it. My return is always 0%.

Fecalator
  • Fecalator

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:33 PM

For me, after that mission the stock barely went up in the same amount of time. However, after about literally an in-game week, the stock is climbing steadily, albeit slowly. And I agree, awesome thread! It's really helped me begin to understand how this thing works.

I am curious how some stocks, such as law firms, will work seeing as they wouldn't necessarily have any service vehicles to sabotage. My only (stupid) theory is that maybe it could have something to do with getting busted in GTAO? (Like an unseen lawyer bailing you out, I don't know. lol)

S1lpion
  • S1lpion

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:42 PM

Great thread btw, can't wait for this stuff to really pick up. I do have a question around the LCN stocks and i have seen it asked on this thread twice but i am not sure if an answer has been given.

---Spoiler---

On the first mission Lester says that he is going to invest in Pure Alpha and i can try my hand but where the hell is Pure Alpha on the LCN, I must be blind or is Pure Alpha a slang word that has passed me by.

I also read somewhere that investing in Lifeinvader doesn't offer that much of a profit to be worth investing in,

Nomadski
  • Nomadski

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:56 PM Edited by Nomadski, 19 September 2013 - 01:57 PM.

BAWSAQ has been down for maintenance for me for over 24 hours, I cant buy or sell any shares as the market screen never popped up.

Whats annoying is I did a random ped mission to take a dude to the airport (found him near the tunnel on the Interstate road heading north to the Bay in the western area of the map), and as a reward he gave me stock advice on what to purchase, he says buy it now!

This stock only appears on BAWSAQ so I havent had an opportunity to buy since I did that random side mission.

So a few questions...

*Did everyone meet this guy, and did your stock advice begin with T?

*If BAWSAQ is linked to online players, how does the ped know what will go up in my local SP game?

* Seeing as it may be 2 or 3 ingame days after this advice was given, is it still a good idea to buy shares in this co, if the BAWSAQ is working again?

And a general question...

*So the missions involving Lester give you top advice on where to plummet shares, given the assasination your about to do, if its all linked with online players, surely those companies stocks would just go permanently high?

I dont know if this talk about BAWSAQ being linked is the whole truth tbh, maybe when online comes out it may be closely tied, but atm I just dont get it.

Any answers to these questions would be most helpful.

allinclusive
  • allinclusive

Trick

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:16 PM

When I want to invest with all three characters after getting a tip from Lester, do I have to cancel the mission or is there enough time left to do it VERY FAST when the mission is done?

Killerbob94
  • Killerbob94

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:23 PM

Post Op got a Blaine County depot out in Paleto Bay. It's right opposite the Ammunation logo on the map. Haven't seen any trucks go in there, strangely a Go Postal van is parked up, but a bunch of Post Op workers are hanging around the building. Kill them and their share price tumbles.

I have just been to blaine county and opposite the ammo logo all i see is caravans and stuff around there no PostOp HQ can you help me please?

Siz
  • Siz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:46 PM

I have just been to blaine county and opposite the ammo logo all i see is caravans and stuff around there no PostOp HQ can you help me please?

I've done the same and all I saw was the same as you bob.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users