Quantcast

» «
Photo

The Stock Exchange Information Thread (WIP)

535 replies to this topic
The Nefarious Jester
  • The Nefarious Jester

Forum Old Timer

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:00 PM Edited by The Nefarious Jester, 18 September 2013 - 02:02 PM.

I'm about to try some experiments. I'm going to attempt some things and see how they influence the share prices on LCN and I will document these changes. I'm trying to work out what the best time gaps would be between every time the share prices are recorded. Would it even be necessary to record share prices more than once a day; Not really sure at the moment. If anyone has any helpful info on this, please feel free to share it. Thanks.

Good man! The LCN market changes quite quickly, when I finish work i'll be looking to see if it changes out of office hours in-game or whether trading stops at 4pm/5pm but it definitely changes in 6 hours sleep (in game)

God I wish EVE Online had a stock market, I'd have never have left...several times.

Captain_Cave
  • Captain_Cave

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:13 PM

How soon should you buy ammo / weapon stocks?

I will only start playing the game later today.

Ammunation is showing a steady climb day by day, so it's either buy now and cash out when the Japan market have the game and send it roaring up, or wait until it falls again and buy then. Actually I'll add the bit about Japan to the top. They don't get it officially until Oct 10th

Oh, it seems that there is alot of money with the Japanse release..

gunner84
  • gunner84

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:48 PM

Hi anyone tell me what lifeinvader opposing company is?

Small_Fryz
  • Small_Fryz

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:49 PM

Silly question.... But how do you buy BAWSAQ shares?

gunner84
  • gunner84

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:04 PM

Anyone , do lifeinvader have an opposing company ?

Without spoiling I just done a lester mission and would like to invest ,but can't remember what opposing company was said if there was one?

Cheers

Captain_Cave
  • Captain_Cave

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:05 PM

Anyone , do lifeinvader have an opposing company ?

Without spoiling I just done a lester mission and would like to invest ,but can't remember what opposing company was said if there was one?

Cheers

I dont think there is one, i cant find it anyways when i Google it.

The Nefarious Jester
  • The Nefarious Jester

Forum Old Timer

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:05 PM Edited by The Nefarious Jester, 18 September 2013 - 03:08 PM.

Bleeter I would imagine, I did see mention to another one, a myspace ripoff. Think I hit on it randomly on eyefind site. Don't think it's on either exchange, can't confirm as I'm at work.

Via the eyefind homepage on computer/mobile "Finances" link :) although if R*SC is down due to high traffic, Bawsaq will be unavailable :(

gunner84
  • gunner84

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:08 PM

Bleeter, I did see mention to another one, a myspace ripoff, think I hit on it randomly on eyefind site

Via the eyefind homepage on computer/mobile "Finances" link :) although if R*SC is down due to high traffic, Bawsaq will be unavailable :(

Cheers is that on the market in game , I'm sure you have done the mission I'm on about (lester 1st mission).

Just not sure where to put my money on shares

gunner84
  • gunner84

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:19 PM

Well just looked bleeter is on the online market , so lifeinvader does'nt seem to have an opposing company on the lcn market.

So I invested in lifeinvader as they should rise

gabeen
  • gabeen

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:30 PM

I forgot to mention earlier, early morning through to the afternoon seems to be the best time to find trucks and rigs for some reason, after that it was usually just garbage trucks that spawned for me.

one55
  • one55

Nigguh!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:45 PM

i bought 30 shares in life invader at $67. does their price go up? 

chitoryu12
  • chitoryu12

Resident Actor, Dancer, and Singer

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:56 PM

whats the best radio station for stock related news?

cheers

oh and good thread , never relised about this stuff in-game , so much  to do!!!

All radio stations have the same Weazel News bits that temporarily take over regular programming after something happens. Though usually the news flash happens after the stocks have already started to change, so you'll miss out on some of the change if you just wait until after the mission and news to make buys and sales.

Assassin101
  • Assassin101

Professional GTA assassin

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:59 PM

Well, since the game landed on my doormat this morning, I've been itching for R* servers to catch up with the high load so that I can get on Bawsaq! After playing around for some time, I've decided to get this one stop shop setup for stock market actions!

Bawsaq (Bawsaq Minisite)- This is the online market, based on what players are doing globally, it is wise to buy stocks in weapon & ammunition companies quick.
Keep in mind that Japan have not had their copy of GTAV officially launched, and wont until the 10th of October, so you can either buy now while it climbs and sell when they send it sky-rocketing, or wait for a dip and buy then.

LCN - Offline market, based on in game events - rapid profit to be made

Basic tips:

• Keep an ear out for announcements on the radio about companies.
  • Lester is a bountiful source of market information, pay close attention to what his missions entail
Switch Investment Tactic
This is a great tactic for boosting your portfolio.
Invest in company A, take out all other companies vehicles, company A's stocks rise. Flip it.
Example:
  • GoPostal has lowest stock, so you invest in their shares.
  • Now go out and destroy PostOP vans
  • Watch GoPostal stocks rise
  • Sell and repeat
Lester Missions
When Lester gives you a mission, he normally says something stock related. The most obvious of which are assassination missions against CEO's. Invest in the opposing companies stock! Once he says something stock related, cancel the mission (if you want ALL characters to invest) and make that stock purchase :)

LCN Stock Market - Opposing Companies

CoolBeansBeanMachine
BurgershotUp-An-Atom
Clucking BellTacoBomb
FlyUSAirEmu
GoPostalPostOP
BilkingtonDollarPills
PisswasserLogger
MazeBankBankOfLiberty
RedwoodDebonaire
Slaughter, Slaughter & SlaughterBullhead
RadioLosSantosWorldwideFM
eColaRaine

Van Sizes 
Inner-City = "Regular" Delivery Truck
Industrial Areas = Large Delivery Trucks
Country Freeways = Big Rigs

Bawsaq Specifics
If the overall community rob one store more than the others, then its stocks will fall, same goes for cars and money in the banks of each character

This is a work in progress thread, so any additions are welcome.

Yes, there is an exploit to play the offline stock market, however where's the fun in that? This is a thread for legit (as far as in-game rigging lol) playing of the markets

Contributers:
Myself, Duh!
gabeen

Can you explain the exploit to play the offline stock market? I'm such a nuub at this.

The Nefarious Jester
  • The Nefarious Jester

Forum Old Timer

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:14 PM

Can you explain the exploit to play the offline stock market? I'm such a nuub at this.

No, it's in the cheats forum, now go forth and multiply, do not sully my thread!
  • ThwiX likes this

The Nefarious Jester
  • The Nefarious Jester

Forum Old Timer

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:16 PM

i bought 30 shares in life invader at $67. does their price go up?

Depends where you are in the game, have you done the mission to go into LifeInvader offices?

ConfusedRyu
  • ConfusedRyu

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:03 PM

I don't understand this... I invested some money into BeanMachine which has low share prices at the moment... then I'm driving around looking for a CoolBeans coffee shop (which I can't enter) and so I tried to blow the shop up with sticky bombs but it only damaged the glass...

How are you meant to ruin the other chain exactly?

ThwiX
  • ThwiX

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:19 PM

No, it's in the cheats forum, now go forth and multiply, do not sully my thread!
Couldn't find it, PM me the link?

GTAWilson
  • GTAWilson

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:20 PM

I've stuck to lesters tip before his missions and now franklin and Michael both have over 1 mil each.

LeonVegaSuarez
  • LeonVegaSuarez

Trick

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:28 PM

I put all my money into the tobacco company before killing the 4 lawyers with Franklin. Made 400k between Franklin and Michael after selling the stock at about 70$. I bought at 32.

ConfusedRyu
  • ConfusedRyu

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:41 PM

Yes it's simple when Lester tells you what company is going to get f*cked up but how can I do this stuff in the open world? I want to ruin CoolBeans because some of my money is in BeanMachine but I don't know how...

jivex5k
  • jivex5k

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:44 PM

Yes it's simple when Lester tells you what company is going to get f*cked up but how can I do this stuff in the open world? I want to ruin CoolBeans because some of my money is in BeanMachine but I don't know how...

I've seen those shops around.

I think you have to either create mayhem near their storefronts (driving away business?)
Or find and destroy/hijack their delivery trucks.

Herr13
  • Herr13

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:48 PM

how doy you cancel a mission??

ConfusedRyu
  • ConfusedRyu

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:51 PM

I've seen those shops around.

I think you have to either create mayhem near their storefronts (driving away business?)
Or find and destroy/hijack their delivery trucks.

That's just it though I've looked for hours and I can't find any trucks for anything... I mean I've only ever see 1 GoPostal truck and 1 or 2 taco-bomb and burger trucks...

MacM
  • MacM

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:49 PM

I must be doing fairly well. I invested Michael's 800 K into BetaPharm before killing the opposition's CEO. At the moment i'm showing 30% returns which is around 240,000. I pulled some stock before Investing in Debonaire as to keep my portfolio broad which now has me two massively increasing companies on my Portfolio. All I can say so far about the LCN is pour ALL available funds from every character into companies corresponding with assassination missions. Consistent high returns won't be seen like this any later in the game I don't think (unless of course there are more ways to do insider trading). 

Shpongled
  • Shpongled

Psychedelelicable

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:49 AM

Hey guys, I am a bit confused on how to buy stocks from the Bawsaq.  I can buy stuff on the LCN but not the Bawsaq.  It says that it's offline for maintenance.  Is this in realtime or do I have to do a mission or something?  Or is it just not up until GTAO is running?  

beSharp
  • beSharp

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:53 AM

Hey y'all, i tried the post thing and bougt stock with franklin, i didn't work out well so i bought the stock back but it seems that it haven't updadet yet because i have no money and the new money thats coming in isn't registered either. Someone know whats happened?

Sk1DDleZ
  • Sk1DDleZ

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:58 AM

Can someone explain to me why companies like Fruit are in bawsaq when players can have little affect on it?

Carbine23
  • Carbine23

Work Hard & Say It's Easy

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:00 AM

So far whatever i've invested in hasn't risen at all but this is very helpful. 

Small_Fryz
  • Small_Fryz

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:04 AM

I have done a few missions for Lester and the stocks he has mentioned were not able to be bought...

Is this normal?

SpecialDribbler
  • SpecialDribbler

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:06 AM

Can't wait for this to be updated. I am having a lot of trouble actually locating the Vans for Up-An-Atom Etc.
If we could all find out what Van sizes are what type of brand it would help everyone dramatically.

Questions:

1. Country FreeWays- Is that the Green area of the Map?
  2. Big Rigs? Not sure if big rigs means a Lorry, or just a larger Scale of a Delivery Truck.

Screenshots of each type of "Regular" , Large, Big Rig. Wouldn't really need it but would help a lot of people.

Otherwise good job for posting a Very helpful topic! :)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users