Quantcast

» «
Photo

The Stock Exchange Information Thread (WIP)

535 replies to this topic
vozone
  • vozone

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:03 AM

Updated BAWSAQ market data:

gMaNnVj.png

Anyone have done the same thing with LCN?

I don't have xbox live so I can't use BAWSAQ and would love to find other  way in LCN to have more money. I'm gonna do the heist submarine mission so I put money in GRU. But I want to make more money now :)

LCN is different for each player, what my stocks do in my playthrough is completely different from what happens in yours.

PHug
  • PHug

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:55 AM Edited by PHug, 29 September 2013 - 08:02 AM.

You guys are working too hard.

All 3 of your characters should have over 1.6 billion after the Lester missions.

These numbers are before locating the Tinkle stock tip guy so final numbers will be higher.

For "The Big One" I did the "Obvious" option with Taliana, Karim, Packie & Daryl this set-up gave each character $38,304,000 to start investing.

This was in my 2nd playthrough, after my 1st Mike had $268 Million and I just wanted to see how high I could get it.

If you are planning to start over just skip all cut scenes & all the strangers "?" missions to save time. You can always go back to complete the strangers "?" side quests after you are rich.  :lol:

szh7d5.jpg2mw9jdf.jpg

27y4jdw.jpg

Vulgar_Monkey
  • Vulgar_Monkey

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:24 PM

I suppose it's a matter of principle. We could just save the assassin missions for afterwards and make a killing (so to speak), and I guess that's legitimate if the game allows you to do so, but it's a bit powergamer-y for some peoples tastes. After all, the 'buy low, sell high' method is supposed to be an equally legitimate method......it's just that it doesnt seem to have been implemented very reliably.

gunner84
  • gunner84

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:17 PM Edited by gunner84, 29 September 2013 - 07:18 PM.

Hi

Was listening to the radio and I heard something about drinking water and certain crap that is in it.

It was advising to change to bottled water.

Which made me think to buy some stocks in bottled water, are there any in this?

Cheers

stumbows
  • stumbows

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:54 PM Edited by stumbows, 29 September 2013 - 10:56 PM.

I got jipped big time. I waited to do Lesters missions and did the one to invest in Fruit. Dropped like 18mill into it and it got to about 30% so still not the 80% others are claiming. So I saved my game turned it off and came back to it to wait longer and checked the stock and it was back down to 1.5% increase and I had made like 90k total. I think I may have lost my opportunity to make money on that one now which sucks.

vozone
  • vozone

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:12 PM

You guys are working too hard.

All 3 of your characters should have over 1.6 billion after the Lester missions.

These numbers are before locating the Tinkle stock tip guy so final numbers will be higher.

For "The Big One" I did the "Obvious" option with Taliana, Karim, Packie & Daryl this set-up gave each character $38,304,000 to start investing.

This was in my 2nd playthrough, after my 1st Mike had $268 Million and I just wanted to see how high I could get it.

If you are planning to start over just skip all cut scenes & all the strangers "?" missions to save time. You can always go back to complete the strangers "?" side quests after you are rich.  :lol:

szh7d5.jpg2mw9jdf.jpg

27y4jdw.jpg

I think most people on this thread are aware of that, at least I am. But I don't want to start a new playthrough because I didn't save the lester assassinations for after the final mission, what I want is to make enough money using the stock markets to buy all the properties and still have enough to fool around afterwards.

PMDeSan
  • PMDeSan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:37 PM

I contacted Rockstar about the Stocks and this is the response I got. 

http://support.rocks...requests/999661

Hello PMDeSan,

Thank you for contacting R* Support. The Stock Market in Grand Theft Auto V operates with the same goal as real life stock trading: Buy low and sell high in order to turn a profit. The value of stocks are affected by various things including story progress, in-game purchases and with some stocks, other players. I you have any further questions on this topic we suggest looking online(http://www.ign.com/)If you haven any further issues please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Best Regards,

Kiana W.

Vulgar_Monkey
  • Vulgar_Monkey

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:54 PM Edited by Vulgar_Monkey, 30 September 2013 - 07:56 PM.

I think the point of contact guys on support are just operating from a manual, like most support staff. Best bet is to figure that once enough of the same problems are recorded, they'll get bumped up to a proper QA / bugfix department.

My query about the traffic spawning just got the standard 'try clearing the cache etc' response. Can't expect a diagnosis on the spot so until it's a recognised problem that has a solution found and distributed down to the point-of-contact guys, that'll be about as useful a response as you'll get.

Of course, once they fix it they'll know what to tell us.

Until then I might just try to take advantage of the bawsaq price fixing. :)

TenderKnuckle
  • TenderKnuckle

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:05 PM

is anyone able to help me with my stock problem ?

http://gtaforums.com...tockswont-rise/

Stormingz
  • Stormingz

Menace to society.

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:55 PM

I've just finished the story and I'm interested to make money of stocks, is there any tips or advice anyone can give me, I'm not having much luck.

stumbows
  • stumbows

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:27 AM

I've bought tonnes of Lifeinvader stocks as it shows over the week they go up and down between $40 and $2 so I bought low at like $2.85 and have been watching them like a hawk to even rise a little but nothing is happening they aren't moving at all but the last 7 days is still showing they are going up and down when clearly they are not.

• deProLou likes this

vozone
  • vozone

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:04 AM

I've bought tonnes of Lifeinvader stocks as it shows over the week they go up and down between $40 and $2 so I bought low at like $2.85 and have been watching them like a hawk to even rise a little but nothing is happening they aren't moving at all but the last 7 days is still showing they are going up and down when clearly they are not.

The graphs are completely misleading as is most of the information in the market. I've given up on LCN and now only invest in Bawsaq putting money into pisswasser and HAL.

This was made by someone here in the thread and is a great help to track the growth of your stocks, much better than social club:

https://0x2620.org/b...tml/bawsaq.html

giguer87
  • giguer87

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:20 PM

Can someone really explain the LCN? I really don't understand nothing on this. I don't have internet for my xbox.

Thanks. Explain or a link that will help me a lot. Thanks a lot,.

skinnsofa
  • skinnsofa

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:29 AM

So I decided to invest in some Stock in GoPostal since it was really cheap, and I've been driving around looking for PostOp vans to blow up.  I found a couple driving around the city, which promptly gave me a police chase involving an airport and a flight across San Andreas.  Driving back I had a chance to investigate what was delivering stuff out in the Country.

Also, I found a PostOp warehouse place and started destroying trailers there and I think it's giving me a bigger fall in their price and a rise in my share prices, although the share prices don't seem to be too affected by all this so far.

Awesome info man, 

Do you have any feedback on just how much the share prices are effected at all???

I would also be happy to trial a few things and post back my findings. Any ideas?

Well I put money in from all 3 characters, but as an example I put 10k in from Trevor when it was around 10.47.  It's now 11.44 per share and I'm seeing a return of 15.77 percent, which is $1577

On the flip side PostOp started around 284.89, and they're now 283.57, so a 10k investment in that, and you've only lost around $60, but it's such a high share price you won't notice until it starts dropping faster.

You'll probably have to save your game to advance it 6 hours to see any real speed in the change of stock prices.

Edit:  In the time it's taken me to post that, the share prices have flucuated again, GoPostal back down to 11.14 and PostOp up to 283.7, so it might take some real work to do it this way.  It's possible there may be dynamic side missions involved for any real change in the stock market?

I read the first day of this game that there where 2 Companies effecting eachothers. That is incorrect! I tired this With several Companies, but it actually made me loose Money. Worst case when bought AirEmu at 135.70 and went to airport and placed sticky bombs on all Flyus, destroyed 2 Flyus in the air, and stole the last Flyus and chrased it. Next 2 weeks AirEmu dropped every day untill it now sit still at 135.

What is correct is that if all 3 buy in the same Stock it will fall, and it takes longer for that to gain compared to the fluctuation that was before buying it. If you just have 4-5-6 Stock that you follow carefully, you can trade yourself to a ok Return cause they og up and Down around the same price.

S1N0D3UTSCHT3K
  • S1N0D3UTSCHT3K

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:17 PM

Can someone really explain the LCN? I really don't understand nothing on this. I don't have internet for my xbox.

Thanks. Explain or a link that will help me a lot. Thanks a lot,.

basically there is random pre-generated news (random and sometimes illogical, contradictory) that is near impossible to invest upon that causes small changes in stock throughout the entire game. it's mostly to provide flavour via website and raido news.

and there are a handful of missions, mostly Heists and Assassinations but maybe 2-3 others, that dramatically impact stock prices and can typically give you 25-110% returns

• Terminus likes this

marcioandrei74
  • marcioandrei74

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:18 PM Edited by marcioandrei74, 14 October 2013 - 08:18 PM.

I kil lots of peds and  I gain 2% in MorsMutualInsurance

TargetPractice
  • TargetPractice

I know what I know

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:16 AM Edited by TargetPractice, 15 October 2013 - 12:21 AM.

Invest all you have on FlyUS before the Meltdown mission and sell afterwards @ a 40% profit.

Invest all you have before The Big One mission on Auguryinsurance, and sell afterwards @ a 80/90% profit.

After that, Fleeca, Lifeinvader, Logger, VanillaUnicorn are what I invested in, one or the other.

The Stock Graph on the left that indicates the previous week levels, it's as useless as those who designed it! It's just for show.

If you want to make money on the LCN, invest in Fleeca when it's at $30/$31 and sell when it's @ $32/$34 a few days/week later.

Or invest in Lifeintruder when it's @ $2.90 or less and sell when it's @ $4 +

Or invest in Logger when it's @ below $10 and sell @ above $11.

Or invest in VanillaUnicorn @ $52+ and sell @ $54.

And remember, every cent counts and adds up!

Don't do Lester's Assassinations Missions until later on, when you have more money to invest.

Remember, when investing $100+ million$, a few cents increase adds up to a lot of $$$$$$$$$.

Repeat those investments as the prices drop accordingly.

Quick Save before and after each investment/sale.

Hpeezy817
  • Hpeezy817

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:05 AM

I was wondering if Ammu-Nation stock will EVER go down...probably not, right? Would it be wise to invest at all times, any extra cash?

Also, I was wondering if my assumption was right to invest in rival pharm company DollarPills (DOP) BEFORE the assassination of the Beta guy. It looks like it jumped nearly 30% after his assassination.

I've also heard to invest everything you own in AUG right after the game ends because it rises 100%??

K20
  • K20

Woooo-rah

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:32 PM

anyone still looking at the stocks... Badger [BDG] is at 6.16 a share. that's from a high of 301.55!!!!!

as soon as it stops falling. i'm moving every dime into badger.

BerntBalchen
  • BerntBalchen

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:50 PM

Probably mention here before, but after the last mission you get a good size of cash. Then do the quick save thing. Buy cheap stocks, quick save in phone. Refresh in my portfolio until it moves, if up do quick save if down reload that last quick save. You will have the same value payback and all from when you did the save but the stock kind of reset and can now move either up or down. Sometimes you need to do like 4 reloads but it will rise. Its boring as hell but after an hour reallife you got like 10 mill profit. Next time it will go faster since you got 10 mill more to invest. Always go for the cheap ones.

Dimossa
  • Dimossa

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:27 AM

anyone still looking at the stocks... Badger [BDG] is at 6.16 a share. that's from a high of 301.55!!!!!

as soon as it stops falling. i'm moving every dime into badger.

I see badger still falling,no?

anwencassiopeia
  • anwencassiopeia

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:34 PM

Hello, I read this great report,it might help you to invest. http://hotmicrocapstocks.com/

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:16 PM

I've made a killing with a few different stocks, mostly Hawk and Little, which was down -45% when i invested, i sold at +90%
Made a f*cking killing - Franklin now has 50M, Michael has 30M
Why did i not mention Trevor? Because I haven't unlocked him yet.

Ive noticed Ponsonbys, LSC, and one or two others are not budging though. Currently have a few K in them minus in them.

I absolutely HATE how unbalanced the game is - you have next to no money until the end, then you have too much. I hate how everyone in the entire world says "Save your money, do the last heist and then the Assassination missions" f*ck off, if i wanted to do that, i'd use the cheat. I simply want some money throughout the storyline. Now I have some, I'm free to play it the way I want and not rush through the story.

I've played 1 day, 2 hrs worth with M, 17 hrs with F (7mins with T), and most of that has been just cruising, messing about in between stock market grinding.

DaTwista
  • DaTwista

Trick

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:12 PM

There was a site which I cannot seem to find now where it shows the stocks, but also the history for the last few months.

Anyone know which site this is?

King_Curtis
  • King_Curtis

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:12 AM

I hve round 300billion across all characters. Needless to say, i did manage to do lester missions at  the end. Then i invested all in HAL, which made me sooo much money. 

I also made smaller investments and then put a lot on weazel which was round $2. I got out at $100, but i saw yesterday its at $700

Druffmaul
  • Druffmaul

Dan Is The Bastard

• Members

Posted 03 March 2014 - 05:44 PM Edited by Druffmaul, 05 March 2014 - 08:57 PM.

Anyone figured out what causes the Fruit stock to peak only halfway after the Vice assassination? I was having the same problem with the Hotel assassination, but after some googling I found that it was because I had a save file from after completing that mission. That's definitely not the case with the Vice assassination. The guides say Fruit is supposed to peak at 50% but for me it only goes to about 25% and then crashes to -10%.

EDIT: I see a theory that R* changed this in a patch after the guides were written. But I also see some claiming that Fruit still peaks at 50%, recently. 

EDIT 2 (2 days later): I finally got Fruit to peak at 50% instead of 25%. What did I do differently? I played the PS3 version instead of the 360 version. I don't really think that has anything to do with it, but that's the only thing I know I did differently. But I refuse to believe it's random.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users