Quantcast

» «
Photo

The Stock Exchange Information Thread (WIP)

535 replies to this topic
S1N0D3UTSCHT3K
  • S1N0D3UTSCHT3K

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:07 PM

are you sure it just wasn't coincidence and there was positive Hijack news? I've went on a lot of gas station rampages trying to effect LtdOIL and RonOIL, and I always sort by largest/smallest increases when I check. So, I would have noticed a Hijack surge. But I usually did it for maybe 30-60 minutes by car... maybe 13 or 14 times now. I still do it for fun with Trevor. And I've never noticed a large move in Hijack. I wasn't watching it but I would have noticed anything over 5%. I also wasn't airborne. But still, I've tested this somewhat, and I think at least a half dozen people here have tried similar things and one of them would have noticed at least a 5-10% change on a smaller scale. I'll test it again just to be sure because it sounds fun though.

PMDeSan
  • PMDeSan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:43 PM

So I have Invested in flyUS twice now with a $1 MIL investment with Mike and Frank (we are hommies so I abbreviate). Both times the stock dropped at first. I continued to play the game checking it after every mission, or after a little game play and it was always a little different. After a couple in game days it went up enough that I got $30,000. Which really is nothing (3%). I think If I was doing that will a bunch of stocks, and possibly a little more patient I could turn that into a bigger profit. 

In addition the more money you have the more money you can make on those small transactions. 3% of $1 mil $30,000. 3% of $10,000,000 is $300,000 I am sure there are better stock options I just go for the safe ones for now because I only have 2 million with each character.

gtamodeller
  • gtamodeller

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:43 PM

i didn't notice any news on the radio. it would be a remarkable coincidence if the stocks raised instantly after the gas station rampage. 

Maybe your stocks are already on and high price and cant be influenced that easy? 

thats my stats:

Stock price all time lowest         3.43

Stock price all time highes      26.95

Stock price before rampage       3.88 

Stock price after rampage          5.26

PMDeSan
  • PMDeSan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:54 PM

i didn't notice any news on the radio. it would be a remarkable coincidence if the stocks raised instantly after the gas station rampage. 

Maybe your stocks are already on and high price and cant be influenced that easy? 

thats my stats:

Stock price all time lowest         3.43

Stock price all time highes      26.95

Stock price before rampage       3.88 

Stock price after rampage          5.26

If that is the case that is a terrific gain and worth a shot. I will give it a shot one of these days. There is nothing to lose really. I think the important thing is the low valued stocks. Almost all of the the stocks seem to fluctuate a couple of dollars, but it only matters on the the low ones because they see the biggest change in percentages.  

aR2k
  • aR2k

Playa

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:05 PM

Im pretty sure the stocks have a set low and high value, for each update, there is some algorythm that decides how fast is gonna rise, or fall. But it will just bounce up and down, up and down.... between the high and low value.

So lets say you buy hijak when its down, it may go up..... 5 dollars in total before it starts falling again, then it suddenly may rise 40 dollars before it starts falling again, its just completely random.

And it explains how some people believe manipulation works, because they got lucky with the timing, and chose to believe what they wanted to be true.

S1N0D3UTSCHT3K
  • S1N0D3UTSCHT3K

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:35 PM

funnily enough my Hijack was 166, then I went to the gas station in north western Los Santos by the beach, blew up all the pumps and containers, and after that Hijack was 177. I never even noticed a gain because it was still -9.7% on the daily index ticker.... maybe that's why we sometimes miss stock gains? the percentage change seems odd....  is it lifetime? sometimes LFI says -255% for me

anyhow, after I escaped police, I tried to blow up the gas station again but I never destroyed everything, and Hijack never changed.

it makes me wonder if there are conditions, such as it only goes up if you trigger police stars and escape, or maybe you can only change the stock within a certain range (so if a stock is high off of news, it doesn't change), or you can only change it once a week (similar to the marijuana farm raid)...

if there were conditions like this it would certainly be screwing up all the testing we're trying to do. wish the game was more clear about the mechanics. i'm still skeptical and sort of doubt that it works anymore. but what can i say, you say it worked for you, and then I tried it and my stock went up too... it gives me a little hope at least lol.

i'll try again on different characters at different points in the game or a week later in game time, etc, to see if I can get it to happen again.

mikeruscoe
  • mikeruscoe

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:32 PM

ID NAME CURRENT PRICE UNITS LAST 7 DAYS LAST 24 HOURS CHANGE FRT Fruitstock-FRT.png $701.56 2 $622.59-$701.56  $694.20-$701.56  $7.36 

I'm pretty amateur at this, but, did I invest at $622.59, and they're now worth $701.56?

gtamodeller
  • gtamodeller

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:57 PM

funnily enough my Hijack was 166, then I went to the gas station in north western Los Santos by the beach, blew up all the pumps and containers, and after that Hijack was 177. I never even noticed a gain because it was still -9.7% on the daily index ticker.... maybe that's why we sometimes miss stock gains? the percentage change seems odd....  is it lifetime? sometimes LFI says -255% for me

anyhow, after I escaped police, I tried to blow up the gas station again but I never destroyed everything, and Hijack never changed.

it makes me wonder if there are conditions, such as it only goes up if you trigger police stars and escape, or maybe you can only change the stock within a certain range (so if a stock is high off of news, it doesn't change), or you can only change it once a week (similar to the marijuana farm raid)...

if there were conditions like this it would certainly be screwing up all the testing we're trying to do. wish the game was more clear about the mechanics. i'm still skeptical and sort of doubt that it works anymore. but what can i say, you say it worked for you, and then I tried it and my stock went up too... it gives me a little hope at least lol.

i'll try again on different characters at different points in the game or a week later in game time, etc, to see if I can get it to happen again.

yeah... i will continue my rampage aswell to see if i can raise the stock a bit more.

you say your Hijak is at 177 right? can you please tell me the all time highest and lowest price?

its strange because my low/high price is 3 / 26

one55
  • one55

Dirty Playstation Peasant!

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:11 PM

ID NAME CURRENT PRICE UNITS LAST 7 DAYS LAST 24 HOURS CHANGE FRT Fruitstock-FRT.png $701.56 2 $622.59-$701.56  $694.20-$701.56  $7.36 

I'm pretty amateur at this, but, did I invest at $622.59, and they're now worth $701.56?

That's a $78.97 profit per share.

S1N0D3UTSCHT3K
  • S1N0D3UTSCHT3K

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:42 PM

sure i'll quote it later when i can, at work, coincidentally i do stocks IRL too lol suppose that's why it's fun

but regardless i think it looks like the stock prices are random each game because i have seen a lot of people post very very different prices (e.g. range of 5-25 for on person for 220-260 for another) for the same stock.

someone else posted saying that each new game has different prices and price ranges, and also different news.... for example, I think there's 2 "packs" of news for airline stocks, and each item in that pack has a chance to randomly occur when you load up a saved game. (e.g. union shuts down flights)... and each airline stock has a chance to be either.... so that union news may apply to FlyUSA in one game but AirEMU in another... and Meltdown mission may hurt one for me but another for you.

So I think the stock market in general.... it's not completely random but there are sort of pre-designed strings, ranges, and news packs or whatever that randomly switch between certain stocks.

so we can do research, and predict that, hey, before Meltdown, we should invest in 1 of these 2 stocks.... but we may not know which one will be affected in our new game.

maybe... just a thought

navilin
  • navilin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:42 PM

yeah... i will continue my rampage aswell to see if i can raise the stock a bit more.

you say your Hijak is at 177 right? can you please tell me the all time highest and lowest price?

its strange because my low/high price is 3 / 26

They flip flop the prices. Take for example my game AirEMU is high is 18.67 low is .16 (some how I missed it at .16 would have made tons) and my flyUS is 105.36/49.7. They basically make one or the other strong/weak (they dont change the stock details because mine says FlyUS is the outdated company that cant keep up yet keeps gaining). I also think that there are set patterns but the stock is different each game. Do you currently have a stock priced around 3.50$? In my save ECola goes up and down from 3.50-4.50 all day long not even a full game save. I buy at 3.50 sell at 4~ profiting a couple million. It has also been putting the ECola stock back to near the low everytime I console reboot. If you can notice this pattern in your 3~ stock we might be able to start listing the patterns based on price and people can apply it in game to the company that has this value and pattern. That is to say I think there are a set number of high and low end stocks and the patterns they hold potentially could be similar which could be exploited.

As for the people trying to make 50% gains it doesnt see like the player has influence over making this happen. If you are patient and use your brain its very easy to make make gains. You get 25-30 million to work with at the end even a 1% gain is 300,000$.

sure i'll quote it later when i can, at work, coincidentally i do stocks IRL too lol suppose that's why it's fun

but regardless i think it looks like the stock prices are random each game because i have seen a lot of people post very very different prices (e.g. range of 5-25 for on person for 220-260 for another) for the same stock.

someone else posted saying that each new game has different prices and price ranges, and also different news.... for example, I think there's 2 "packs" of news for airline stocks, and each item in that pack has a chance to randomly occur when you load up a saved game. (e.g. union shuts down flights)... and each airline stock has a chance to be either.... so that union news may apply to FlyUSA in one game but AirEMU in another... and Meltdown mission may hurt one for me but another for you.

So I think the stock market in general.... it's not completely random but there are sort of pre-designed strings, ranges, and news packs or whatever that randomly switch between certain stocks.

so we can do research, and predict that, hey, before Meltdown, we should invest in 1 of these 2 stocks.... but we may not know which one will be affected in our new game.

maybe... just a thought

I think that is the best bet. Find the price that has the same pattern over basing it off companies specifically. While the rivals do seem to switch between roles as either being high and low the others seems to take on one of the price sets randomly. So realistically company based comparison is only possible on the basis of rivals.

S1N0D3UTSCHT3K
  • S1N0D3UTSCHT3K

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:17 PM

yeah that's what i'll try focus more on this replay is to find patterns in the news, missions, and rivals

as for snuffing, curious if it works for GTAO....

i mean, in theory some of the stocks on BAQSAQ can only be affected by snuffing gameplay... i don't know how you could affect them through buying items or eating or etc because based on GTA5, they don't exist in the game world other than as trucks/un-enterable buildings

and if there were other assets (e.g. entertable restaurants) you'd assume they'd use those assets in GTA5

so i'm curious how certain BAWSAQ stocks will actually be impacted if snuffing doesn't work, and if the mechanic is there for GTAO, it should be for GTA5 too..

maybe it's just as simple as there being a CTF mission representing each stock and the winner stock improves :-( guess we'll see soon

TommyK154
  • TommyK154

Peon

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:04 AM

with the bus assassination mission should I wait unless the Viper (or whatever the hell that stock starting with V was called) drops, then buy it, then sell when it returns to the normal price? I think that's what Lester was hinting at in the beginning of the mission but i just want to double check

jwm369
  • jwm369

Live~Laugh~Love

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:09 AM

with the bus assassination mission should I wait unless the Viper (or whatever the hell that stock starting with V was called) drops, then buy it, then sell when it returns to the normal price? I think that's what Lester was hinting at in the beginning of the mission but i just want to double check

Yes. Wait for Vapid to drop, then buy all that you can and sell, sell, sell after it raises. ;)

Scar3dGam3r
  • Scar3dGam3r

Proto-Hipster

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:11 AM

God I wish there was a way to purchase mroe than one stock at a time... Perhaps just tabulate how much you would like to spend/how many shares, versus having to tap the + button 500,000 times...

It's called holding it down. 

a_monty_python
  • a_monty_python

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:00 AM

I found a way yesterday after trial and error for the last 3 days

the problem is that the graphs are broken they don't show the small ups and downs anymore, so this is what I did

I have bought one share from 10 companies

I'd just play a bit and every half an hour I'd look at them those that went up by more than 1% I would sell and buy again. In the end I have now one share of each company at approx their maximum value. when I look at my portfolio and a share is at aprox -20% (it's even possible to get 30% out of it but then you really need to be focused and I like to put more focus on the gameplay than the stock exchange (I do this a lot with a the medicine company betapills or something - but I presume it's different for everyone). I put all my money in it play another side mission or whatever I feel like doing and then sell them again when they are back at their height. Consistently gives me 20% return on my investments. Of course lester is better but 20% is a lot and I prefer to not replay the missions but explore the game a bit more and do side missions like freaks and strangers or or flight school or whatever.

teh_g
  • teh_g

Time for a brew..

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:37 AM

I found a way yesterday after trial and error for the last 3 days

the problem is that the graphs are broken they don't show the small ups and downs anymore, so this is what I did

I have bought one share from 10 companies

I'd just play a bit and every half an hour I'd look at them those that went up by more than 1% I would sell and buy again. In the end I have now one share of each company at approx their maximum value. when I look at my portfolio and a share is at aprox -20% (it's even possible to get 30% out of it but then you really need to be focused and I like to put more focus on the gameplay than the stock exchange (I do this a lot with a the medicine company betapills or something - but I presume it's different for everyone). I put all my money in it play another side mission or whatever I feel like doing and then sell them again when they are back at their height. Consistently gives me 20% return on my investments. Of course lester is better but 20% is a lot and I prefer to not replay the missions but explore the game a bit more and do side missions like freaks and strangers or or flight school or whatever.

This is what i've found to be the best return.  Use information you can find and be patient.

I heard a radio news piece sayign water quality was bad in LS.  I then purchased max shares on each character (approx 200-500k on each) in the stock Raine, the bottled water company which was trading at the all time low of around $5 a share, showing a high previous week of $24.

It showed small returns after a few days, but then started climbing after 1 week of in-game time to around 40% increase, and still only at around $8 a share.  I'll leave it to you to decide to sell there or wait.

Notes: Remember people, investing is risky! We don't know the exact mechanics or algorythms of the market so have some fun, play around, don't get disheartened.  If you make a real loss then always be prepared with fairly decent save game, i.e after you've just got new armor and ammo.

Question: Anyone has completed the game watched Richardsmajestic shares?  I didn't pay attention before but on my second run through the game i've just completed Meltdown, the shares have hit a new bottom level.  Will they go back up?

Cheers guys, good discussion, keep it up.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:43 AM

My stocks were totally glitched and never changed price for pretty much the entire game, but they just started working again.  However the information on my portfolio page doesnt match the information on the markets page, the markets says its up and the portfolio says its down, or vice versa, so its pretty well impossible to tell whats going on or what has went on cause the graphs arent right either, lol.  I heard that same news about the water and did the same thing but mine never changed price so I never got any return, bummed out about the broken stock system.

thedkexperience
  • thedkexperience

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:25 AM

Invest in Wiz.  I've made 2.3 million in 2 days. 

a_monty_python
  • a_monty_python

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:13 AM

My stocks were totally glitched and never changed price for pretty much the entire game, but they just started working again.  However the information on my portfolio page doesnt match the information on the markets page, the markets says its up and the portfolio says its down, or vice versa, so its pretty well impossible to tell whats going on or what has went on cause the graphs arent right either, lol.  I heard that same news about the water and did the same thing but mine never changed price so I never got any return, bummed out about the broken stock system.

I know that's what I explained in my trick to get around that two posts above yours. If you have 30 million you can easily increase by 6 million each other day (play time). As that works incremental you can get quickly to the 150 while finishing the 100% of the game

TaazR
  • TaazR

Interiors & Parkour

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:26 AM

After the 4th Assassination mission (the one with the Bus), wait for the stock (I forgot the name, Lester will tell you) to drop by 99% on BAWSAQ, then spend all your money on it. Sleep a few times, and the stock on BAWSAQ should still be frozen at -99%, but when you go to LCN the stock will have increased by 200% and you will have doubled your money if you sell on LCN (it's a glitch I think)!! I went from 40m to 80m by doing this, and then for the last mission I went from 80m to 150m for each character!!

The Nefarious Jester
  • The Nefarious Jester

Forum Old Timer

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:43 AM Edited by The Nefarious Jester, 26 September 2013 - 11:43 AM.

Thank you for contacting R* Games Support and for your question.

Although there is no information to release on this topic, we appreciate the fact that you are interested in our games and recommend staying tuned to @RockstarGames on Twitter and http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire.

Cheers,

Kiana

Kiana W.

a_monty_python
  • a_monty_python

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:24 PM Edited by a_monty_python, 26 September 2013 - 12:26 PM.

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:40 PM

It appears to me that if you do something in a mission or random encounter that gives you an indication on stock that is going to go up, that appreciation doesn't appear on the share price graph, or the "high" value. It only appears in the value of any stock you buy.

This would tie in with the powered by social club theory, because the graph would then be determined by what all players online are buying and selling. If you do something in game that manipulates prices, that only applied to your shares, therefore it doesn't show up on the graph. At least that seems the most likely explanation.

Haven't done anything off mission that might affect stock prices though, so unsure if the same would apply.

a_monty_python
  • a_monty_python

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:59 PM

It appears to me that if you do something in a mission or random encounter that gives you an indication on stock that is going to go up, that appreciation doesn't appear on the share price graph, or the "high" value. It only appears in the value of any stock you buy.

This would tie in with the powered by social club theory, because the graph would then be determined by what all players online are buying and selling. If you do something in game that manipulates prices, that only applied to your shares, therefore it doesn't show up on the graph. At least that seems the most likely explanation.

Haven't done anything off mission that might affect stock prices though, so unsure if the same would apply.

It doesn't effect the stocks (off mission results) after the main story line you're pretty much on your own and if you didn't wait with those increasing missions. You pretty much have to find a way yourself. Quite happy with my way gives me a good return while completing the game.

giguer87
  • giguer87

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:17 PM

Hi all, my first post here :)

I would like to know 2 things in the game.

1- I finish my assassination mission and I put all my money ( 1 million ) in the Tobacco. Everything is over and now the action is 26% more. My question is, when I need to sold that action? Did I need to wait more longer? I have a saved game right after and now i'm like 2 day after and don't know if I need to wait more or just sold everything.

2- Here my second question. I'm about to start the Merryweather mission. Did I need to put money somewhere in the Stock Exchange or nothing. Only do the mission?

Thanks a lot for everythings GTA people :p

Barack Carbomba
  • Barack Carbomba

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:42 PM

Just tried buying some shares of AUG insurance, blew up about ten cars, shares went up almost instantaneously 43%

• rjhsteel2001 likes this

LeonVegaSuarez
  • LeonVegaSuarez

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:49 PM

Just tried buying some shares of AUG insurance, blew up about ten cars, shares went up almost instantaneously 43%

I just tried, its rising.

fpsrussia13
  • fpsrussia13

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:53 PM

I just tried, its rising.

Blowing things up doesn't work don't you guys follow this thread at all? The stock goes up and down regardless to your actions mine do it on average of 30% just driving around robbing convenience stores. Only sure way to affect the market is through lester missions
This thread is on pause till online comes out.

YaDoesntHaveToCallMeRay
  • YaDoesntHaveToCallMeRay

Releasing The Inner Geek

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:14 PM

Pure coincidence! Stocks in insurance companies doesn't go up because they have claims to pay!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users