Quantcast

» «
Photo

The Stock Exchange Information Thread (WIP)

535 replies to this topic
burner12
  • burner12

GTA Series Forever!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:37 PM

i've tried investing multiple times with varying amounts of money sometimes my entire stash 3k other times a little about 1k. Every time I hardly make anything, the most has been 6k. I saw that 1 video on YouTube where the guy made over 2mil in a few seconds.  I check to make sure the company is going up and buy shares from that. What am I doing wrong?

GustavoMota
  • GustavoMota

Whatchu want, some wheels?

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:15 AM

So, I tried buying insurance stock and then blowing up vehicles to see if it made a difference. After blowing up about 20 vehicles in a span of a day or two (in-game), it made a tiny difference... stock went up about 0.3 per cent, which returned a profit of about $38 on my 10k investment lol.

vosszaa
  • vosszaa

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:22 AM

Everyone should stop wasting time blowing stuff up because it has so little to no effect on the stock

Rickmill
  • Rickmill

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:26 AM

I've blown up a Ton of airus planes air emu still goes down.

LosKnightsTemplar
  • LosKnightsTemplar

Grand Master

• Members
  • England

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:28 AM Edited by LosKnightsTemplar, 23 September 2013 - 01:31 AM.

Safe to say the Stock Markets in GTA V are a little flawed at the moment, but that is to be expected when it's a new and radical feature to the GTA series, I'm sure a patch will fix any issues or flaws we're currently experiancing, and once GTA V Online kicks in I presume the BAWSAQ market will have something better to offer than the offline market.

• burner12 likes this

Absolem
  • Absolem

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:34 AM

If you can effect the market it's not enough to be worth it. Better to restart and try to make a billion then invest that.

Scar3dGam3r
  • Scar3dGam3r

Proto-Hipster

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:54 AM

I keep sitting here seeing everyone trying to get a reaction out of the stock market outside of story. Rockstar said the market would change according to your actions, and it does. It definitely does, your actions during story mode. I do not remember Rockstar saying that Free Roam would influence, which is why I don't get that people are saying that your actions don't influence the market. They do, but maybe not in the way you hoped.

Tense
  • Tense

Mr Zucchini

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:38 AM Edited by Tense, 23 September 2013 - 04:43 AM.

I've just spent a couple of hours working on the Cluckin' Bell myth:

With each character I invested somewhere between 20-35 million into Burgershot. I then went out to Paleto Bay with Trevor and smashed up a heap of Cluckin' Bell trucks (although on a few occasions the police killed me, so not sure if that could potentially affect anything) and carefully monitored the share prices of both CB and Burgershot. 

Cluckin' Bell continued to rise in price the whole time, while Burgershot initially dipped but did eventually rise by 0.37%. 

I was pretty convinced my actions weren't doing anything and I'd sunk a fair bit of time into this so I sold out all my shares for a profit of around 100k each. Not great considering the investment. 

When all was said and done, CB had risen over 3.5%. 

I think this myth is busted.. obviously not just because of me, but everyone's findings. 

Afterthought edit: at the start I also put about 3 mil of Michael's money into Worldwide FM and the whole time I was doing this I listened to nothing but it (and let's face it, the music on that station is a bit hit and miss) and yet its price has done nothing but drop and drop and drop. 

• Sszark likes this

mikekolesar
  • mikekolesar

I LIKE KUMQUATS W/O THE QUATS

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:28 AM

Almost the entire OP is a tutorial of "snuffing" (creative name?), a strategy that is confirmed to be flawed and nothing resembling a strategy.

There are 12 pages of people "debunking" this theory. Why is it even supported any more?

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:30 AM

stock market does not change until you do a mission or strangers and freaks, you can free roam for the rest of your life and if you dont do a mission the price will never change. blowing up trucks or killing people does nothing.

gtamodeller
  • gtamodeller

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:49 AM

stock market does not change until you do a mission or strangers and freaks, you can free roam for the rest of your life and if you dont do a mission the price will never change. blowing up trucks or killing people does nothing.

guess your right.

like i said... its really pity freeroaming want change anything. blowing things up and go on rampages would finally had its use. its fun anyway... 

another question:

I don't wont to use any glitch to get money,vehicles and properties.

I also dont want to follow a guide like this one: 

http://gtaforums.com...ket-like-a-pro/

i mean rockstar didn't want us to follow a guide or us glitches. So how on earth will we earn enough money to purchase things like the cinemas and golf courts?

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:53 AM

save the lester assaination missions for last when you have money. he gives stock tips, if you invest the max in them every mission you will make tons of money.  I think the bawsaki exchange is supposed to change due to player action but likely wont work until multiplayer is released, mine only ever seems to change less than a dollar except for the tips the random people give you.

gtamodeller
  • gtamodeller

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:56 AM

save the lester assaination missions for last when you have money. he gives stock tips, if you invest the max in them every mission you will make tons of money.  I think the bawsaki exchange is supposed to change due to player action but likely wont work until multiplayer is released, mine only ever seems to change less than a dollar except for the tips the random people give you.

Ok i know that, your right its the best way to make money.

But what if players who don't check forums and guides did that missions already?

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:00 AM

then youre boned as far as i know and have to start over or cheat.  I didnt do it right and im about done and i havent made jack, pisses me off.i dont know of any other way to make serious money other than the stocks.  most of the missions dont pay anything.  the few rare heist ones usually pay ok, but not near enough to buy those overpriced properties with.  I dont know what the last heist pays, i havent finished yet, but so far im pretty disappointed, seems the stock market is very important but i lost more money on it than ive made cause i didnt understand how it worked exactly, lol, still really dont except for the lester mission tips or random people tips.

elbongo
  • elbongo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:02 AM

Would you imagine, and I haven't seen it mentioned, that the money made in single player and the money due to make when online kicks in is transferable?

Therefore, after a few days/weeks playing online we could then have 100s of millions and able to buy said golf course? This would make sense to me but I don't know if it works this way?

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:10 AM

never really thought about it, assumed it would be, but maybe its separate.  there really isnt a way to make much money in single player after the missions are over. stock market only moves when you do missions.  you can make a few grand robbing people and armored trucks and stuff, but modded cars cost so much you would have to grind for days to buy one, lol

• gtamodeller likes this

gtamodeller
  • gtamodeller

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:17 AM

Would you imagine, and I haven't seen it mentioned, that the money made in single player and the money due to make when online kicks in is transferable?

Therefore, after a few days/weeks playing online we could then have 100s of millions and able to buy said golf course? This would make sense to me but I don't know if it works this way?

I think we there will be more opportunities in stocks with the bawsaq (influenced by online and only accessible when online).

i know that every one these days have internet.. LOL. But there should be better ways to get rich when offline. 

vosszaa
  • vosszaa

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:26 AM Edited by vosszaa, 23 September 2013 - 06:27 AM.

You will use the exact same money you earn from single player to buy BAWSAQ stocks once GTAO is open. Source? I dont have it. So how do I know? Because I use common sense.

As of now even GTAO is not online yet but you use the same single player account to buy BAWSAQ stocks so I don't see why R* would make it separate.

Once GTAO is open, I can guaranteed that the placebo stock value that you see now will fluctuate like crazy.

Also, just a hint for anyone who already have billions in cash, HAL is like a giant golden dumpster. If you know what I mean lol

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:34 AM

Yeah dont worry too much about starting over and using exploits, just wait for the Bawsaq markets to start working, then this topic can start making itself useful again.

For now we could speculate on how the Bawsaq markets could work, or we could improve what we know about how the story missions influence the stock (which seems to be random, apart from Lesters)

So yeah, im unfollowing this topic for now.

DoseOfDopeness
  • DoseOfDopeness

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:03 AM

Not sure if this is known, but I've just received 100k in stocks as Trevor. I recovered some dude's stolen bike and returned it to him, and the next day he e-mailed me saying he'd given me 100k worth or stocks in his company, something to do with animals, which I sold straight away for a quick score.

Whare can I find this guy ?

Ulfhethnar
  • Ulfhethnar

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:12 AM Edited by Ulfhethnar, 23 September 2013 - 09:35 AM.

l made 628% on Multi-Assassination.  An 82% increase on Debonaire and then 300% on Redwood afterwards.  Not sure what the limit on the Debonaire stock is, pretty sure I could have made 100% there and brought the total investment to an 700% increase. 

Yeah dont worry too much about starting over and using exploits, just wait for the Bawsaq markets to start working, then this topic can start making itself useful again.    . . . 

Except that it is unclear how the Bawsaq market will work and even if it works in a predictable manner you will be starting with a significantly smaller investment.

Wrex_Flitz
  • Wrex_Flitz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:13 AM

For the bus assassination, invest in Vapid AFTER completing the mission. You killed the Vapid CEO so the stocks will decrease, buy all of it while its low and sell them when the stocks rise. I gained about 100% profit. Hope this helps and sorry if this has been posted.

JohnnyGotDoe
  • JohnnyGotDoe

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:29 AM Edited by shakaraja, 23 September 2014 - 06:46 PM.

*REMOVED FOR PRIVACY

naxkay
  • naxkay

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:35 AM Edited by naxkay, 23 September 2013 - 09:36 AM.

Is it possible to do the Assassination Missions AFTER the "Big Thing", where you get 25.000.000? Can someone confirm this?

Thanks.

Ulfhethnar
  • Ulfhethnar

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:37 AM Edited by Ulfhethnar, 23 September 2013 - 09:39 AM.

Is it possible to do the Assassination Missions AFTER the "Big Thing", where you get 25.000.000? Can someone confirm this?

Thanks.

That is what the whole guide is about.  Yes, save the assassinations until after the big thing.  Except you can't save the first assassination.

matyyy0
  • matyyy0

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:43 AM

The life span of the game is dramatically cut short if you do the L missions at the end after the big robbery. I dont see the point in exploiting these missions and then starting a post saying 100% done and bored already. Surely the game is about taking your time and have some variety with the missions rather than visiting the forums every 2 minutes and playing the game 'tactically' (id rather call it exploiting tbh. the golf course is 150M for a reason - its an end game / something to work for upon completion. I cant stand these muppets who cant see this and then whine.

JohnnyGotDoe
  • JohnnyGotDoe

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:44 AM Edited by shakaraja, 23 September 2014 - 06:45 PM.

*REMOVED FOR PRIVACY

Ulfhethnar
  • Ulfhethnar

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:49 AM Edited by Ulfhethnar, 23 September 2013 - 09:50 AM.

The life span of the game is dramatically cut short if you do the L missions at the end after the big robbery. I dont see the point in exploiting these missions and then starting a post saying 100% done and bored already. Surely the game is about taking your time and have some variety with the missions rather than visiting the forums every 2 minutes and playing the game 'tactically' (id rather call it exploiting tbh. the golf course is 150M for a reason - its an end game / something to work for upon completion. I cant stand these muppets who cant see this and then whine.

Go ahead and try to make $150m robbing stores and bank trucks.  See where that gets you.  That is not end game, online is end game.

After the first mission against life alert it should be pretty obvious that assassinations with Lester are going to make you great profit margins.  I think it probably popped into most peoples' head to just wait until they have the most money before doing them and come online to verify and see which mission affects which stock so there is no need to reload after every mission in the game.  And you still get all the same missions.  The life span isn't cut at all.

matyyy0
  • matyyy0

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:56 AM

Go ahead and try to make $150m robbing stores and bank trucks.  See where that gets you.  That is not end game, online is end game.

After the first mission against life alert it should be pretty obvious that assassinations with Lester are going to make you great profit margins.  I think it probably popped into most peoples' head to just wait until they have the most money before doing them and come online to verify and see which mission affects which stock so there is no need to reload after every mission in the game.  And you still get all the same missions.  The life span isn't cut at all.

I have 20 missions left and i have done all the L missions. Michael now has $3m - Its going to take me a long time to get to 150m compared with someone who waits to the end to do the L missions because my stock investments will not have such a dramatic return. THUS lengthening my game time.

• fpsrussia13 likes this

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:27 AM

never really thought about it, assumed it would be, but maybe its separate.  there really isnt a way to make much money in single player after the missions are over. stock market only moves when you do missions.  you can make a few grand robbing people and armored trucks and stuff, but modded cars cost so much you would have to grind for days to buy one, lol

this information is no longer correct, mines changing every 30 seconds now.  not sure if it was glitched yesterday when i was watching it or if they updated it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users