Bawsaq (Bawsaq Minisite)
This is the online market, "influenced" on what players are doing globally, it is wise to buy stocks in weapon, ammunition, phone & car companies early (as well as any companies that just see decline and now gain), as it would be safe to assume that the companies are primarily influenced by GTAO purchases
Some stocks are over-ridden by offline events (Lesters first assassination mission being one of them)
Offline market, based on in game events including:
- Destroying company vehicles (See Snuff Investments) - Could be linked, could be random, there's a mixed bag
- Killing company employees (See Snuff Investments) - Could be linked, could be random, there's a mixed bag
Snuff Investments - Pretty much de-bunked for now so I'm going to spoiler it out, if you want to explore the theory, take a look and make timed stock results, reload and go on a killing/destruction spree and record again
- Company vehicles are mostly found on the highways/industrial areas in the morning and evening.
- To find the HQ of a company (if it's not listed below) follow one of its vehicles, and then note its location/take pictures on the GTAV Manual map tool and post it up here!
- It may be possible to affect coffee chain stocks by killing people drinking that brand (unconfirmed)
Company Headquarters (Please feel free to fill in the blanks, the more precise/screenshots, the better). Obviously not all will have HQ's as some will only be affected by in game events/missions rather than snuffing
- Clucking Bell - Clucking Bell Farms, workers regularly respawn outside having a smoke break, easy to hide from police. Location: Off the main highway running through South Paleto Bay (backing onto North West face of Mt Chilliad) Image
- Dollar Pills
- Slaughter,Slaughter & Slaughter
- PostOP - Blaine County- Paleto Bay on the same road as The Hen House property, opposite fire station (Image) and the depository at the South Port (image)
- AuguryInsurance - Seems to take an increase when you go on a vehicle destruction spree
- MorsMutualInsurance - Possible link to hitting peds
When Lester gives you a mission, he normally says something stock related. The most obvious of which are assassination missions against CEO's. Invest in the opposing companies stock! If you want all characters to invest you can either:
- Save the game in a seperate save slot before taking the mission, and as soon as you know which company to invest in, load up that save and make your investments
- Complete the mission and THEN make the investments on each character, QUICKLY!
The stocks will update not long after, a sleepsave or two should make the change happen. As I'm playing the game nice and slow and taking in all it has to offer, if someone can post up what stocks to purchase for each mission (please use spoiler tag!) that'd be great
- Assassination Mission #1 – Spoiler
- Assassination Mission #2 – Spoiler
- Assassination Mission #3 – Spoiler
- Assassination Mission #4 – Spoiler
- Assassination Mission #5 – Spoiler
- When Lester refers to pure Alpha in the very first mission, it actually means nothing in terms of stocks in the game. I have watched the markets after completing the mission and the only one that has changed dramatically is the target company (sadly!)
LCN Stock Market - Opposing Companies for Snuffing
Slaughter, Slaughter & Slaughter
- Whilst in free roam in South Los Santos, a man has his push-bike stolen, if you get it back to him he will tell you he owns ARK animal chain and a few days later will give you a substantial number of shares in the company for free! Confirmed with Michael & Franklin
- A random ped mission to take someone to the airport (found near the tunnel on the Interstate road heading north to the Bay in the western area of the map), as a reward gives stock advice on what to purchase, he says buy it now!
Specifics & Speculation
At the moment, Bawsaq is a grey area. Due to the way the game over-rides certain stocks. We do know that it is linked to the larger GTA community via social club, so it could related to actual game stats or "hidden" stats that R* farm. Without GTA Online being...err Online, we can't say for sure how much of an impact stats have. Although it would be safe to assume that the stocks that keep dropping are based on GTAO purchases (phones/weapons/vehicles etc.)
If you have solid information on anything Bawsaq related, please share!
- Buying/Selling stocks seem to have an affect on the share price (which is true to real life) and could open up a great stock scam with buying a large amount to send the price up and then reselling, needs further investigation/proofing
- Stock naturally fluctuates day to day by small amounts, which is good for shifting trades. Find a stock that works for you!
- Pay attention to news / radio about stock info
- Link your PSN/Xbox account to R*SC to get access to more stocks (if someone could take a snap of these stocks before linking their account that would be GREAT, we can see which stocks are linked then...and it is highly likely these are related to GTAO/Not ones affected by storyline)
This is a work in progress thread, so any additions are welcome.
The Nefarious Jester