Quantcast

» «
Photo

The Stock Exchange Information Thread (WIP)

535 replies to this topic
The Nefarious Jester
  • The Nefarious Jester

Forum Old Timer

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:53 AM Edited by The Nefarious Jester, 20 September 2013 - 10:11 PM.

Bawsaq (Bawsaq Minisite)
This is the online market, "influenced" on what players are doing globally, it is wise to buy stocks in weapon, ammunition, phone & car companies early (as well as any companies that just see decline and now gain), as it would be safe to assume that the companies are primarily influenced by GTAO purchases

Some stocks are over-ridden by offline events (Lesters first assassination mission being one of them)

LCN
Offline market, based on in game events including:

• Destroying company vehicles (See Snuff Investments) - Could be linked, could be random, there's a mixed bag
  • Killing company employees (See Snuff Investments) - Could be linked, could be random, there's a mixed bag
  • Missions

Snuff Investments - Pretty much de-bunked for now so I'm going to spoiler it out, if you want to explore the theory, take a look and make timed stock results, reload and go on a killing/destruction spree and record again

Spoiler

• Spoiler
  • Spoiler

Misc Info

• Company vehicles are mostly found on the highways/industrial areas in the morning and evening.
  • To find the HQ of a company (if it's not listed below) follow one of its vehicles, and then note its location/take pictures on the GTAV Manual map tool and post it up here!
  • It may be possible to affect coffee chain stocks by killing people drinking that brand (unconfirmed)

Company Headquarters (Please feel free to fill in the blanks, the more precise/screenshots, the better). Obviously not all will have HQ's as some will only be affected by in game events/missions rather than snuffing

LCN Market:

• Clucking Bell - Clucking Bell Farms, workers regularly respawn outside having a smoke break, easy to hide from police. Location: Off the main highway running through South Paleto Bay (backing onto North West face of Mt Chilliad) Image
  • Dollar Pills
  • FlyUS
  • Debonaire
  • AirEmu
  • Merryweather
  • Coolbeans
  • Tacobomb
  • Vangelico
  • MazeBank
  • Hammerstein&Faust
  • VanillaUnicorn
  • WorldwideFM
  • Logger
  • Slaughter,Slaughter & Slaughter
  • GastroBand
  • BankOfLiberty
  • Redwood
  • Up-N-Atom
  • Bilkington
  • MaxRenda
  • ProLaps
  • Hijak
  • Fleeca
  • Lifeinvader
  • Krapea
  • PostOP - Blaine County- Paleto Bay on the same road as The Hen House property, opposite fire station (Image) and the depository at the South Port (image)
  • AnimalARK
  • GruppeSechs
  • AuguryInsurance - Seems to take an increase when you go on a vehicle destruction spree
  • GoPostal
  • Goldcoast
  • Bullhead
  • RichardsMajestic
  • Raine
  • BobMulet
  • MorsMutualInsurance - Possible link to hitting peds
  • Burgershot
  • eCola

Missions
When Lester gives you a mission, he normally says something stock related. The most obvious of which are assassination missions against CEO's. Invest in the opposing companies stock! If you want all characters to invest you can either:

• Save the game in a seperate save slot before taking the mission, and as soon as you know which company to invest in, load up that save and make your investments
  • Complete the mission and THEN make the investments on each character, QUICKLY!

The stocks will update not long after, a sleepsave or two should make the change happen. As I'm playing the game nice and slow and taking in all it has to offer, if someone can post up what stocks to purchase for each mission (please use spoiler tag!) that'd be great

• Assassination Mission #1 – 
    Spoiler
  • Assassination Mission #2 – 
    Spoiler
  • Assassination Mission #3 – 
    Spoiler
  • Assassination Mission #4 – 
    Spoiler
  • Assassination Mission #5 – 
    Spoiler

Missions Misc/FAQ

• When Lester refers to pure Alpha in the very first mission, it actually means nothing in terms of stocks in the game. I have watched the markets after completing the mission and the only one that has changed dramatically is the target company (sadly!)

LCN Stock Market - Opposing Companies for Snuffing

CoolBeans
BeanMachine

Burgershot
Up-An-Atom

Clucking Bell
TacoBomb

FlyUS
AirEmu

GoPostal
PostOP

Bilkington
DollarPills

Pisswasser
Logger

MazeBank
BankOfLiberty

Redwood
Debonaire

Slaughter, Slaughter & Slaughter
Bullhead

RadioLosSantos
WorldwideFM

eCola
Raine

Random Encounters

• Whilst in free roam in South Los Santos, a man has his push-bike stolen, if you get it back to him he will tell you he owns ARK animal chain and a few days later will give you a substantial number of shares in the company for free! Confirmed with Michael & Franklin
  • A random ped mission to take someone to the airport (found near the tunnel on the Interstate road heading north to the Bay in the western area of the map), as a reward gives stock advice on what to purchase, he says buy it now!

Specifics & Speculation
At the moment, Bawsaq is a grey area. Due to the way the game over-rides certain stocks. We do know that it is linked to the larger GTA community via social club, so it could related to actual game stats or "hidden" stats that R* farm. Without GTA Online being...err Online, we can't say for sure how much of an impact stats have. Although it would be safe to assume that the stocks that keep dropping are based on GTAO purchases (phones/weapons/vehicles etc.)
If you have solid information on anything Bawsaq related, please share!

• Buying/Selling stocks seem to have an affect on the share price (which is true to real life) and could open up a great stock scam with buying a large amount to send the price up and then reselling, needs further investigation/proofing
  • Stock naturally fluctuates day to day by small amounts, which is good for shifting trades. Find a stock that works for you!
  • Pay attention to news / radio about stock info
  • Link your PSN/Xbox account to R*SC to get access to more stocks (if someone could take a snap of these stocks before linking their account that would be GREAT, we can see which stocks are linked then...and it is highly likely these are related to GTAO/Not ones affected by storyline)

This is a work in progress thread, so any additions are welcome.

Contributers
The Nefarious Jester
peanutbutterjam
MKIIJay
Desanta_7
Gabeen
SpecialDribbler
Shakaraja

• Azazel, TheCacti, Cosmic Gypsy and 13 others like this

Siz
  • Siz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:02 AM

Great thread. I'm very interested in the financial markets (both in-game and real-life) and would like to know more about how it all works in the game. I have nothing more to contribute, but will as soon as I have more experience with it. 

Bawsaq - This is the online market, based on what players are doing globally, it is wise to buy stocks in weapon & ammunition companies quick

Can you explain why? Thanks.

• UnInC likes this

The Nefarious Jester
  • The Nefarious Jester

Forum Old Timer

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:11 AM

Great thread. I'm very interested in the financial markets (both in-game and real-life) and would like to know more about how it all works in the game. I have nothing more to contribute, but will as soon as I have more experience with it. 

Bawsaq - This is the online market, based on what players are doing globally, it is wise to buy stocks in weapon & ammunition companies quick

Can you explain why? Thanks.

Cheers, it is probably the most interesting mini/meta game I've seen. The reason for weap and ammo companies is simple, the more people buy upgraded weapons etc and ammo the higher the stock price rises

Siz
  • Siz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:33 AM

Oh so Bawsaq is stock exchange that is determined by all the players who are connected to the rockstar servers, be it in their single player or in GTA online? Right? 

In that case, what you said above makes sense. I wondered how come you could predict that the weapons companies stock would rise. Thanks

The Nefarious Jester
  • The Nefarious Jester

Forum Old Timer

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:35 AM

Oh so Bawsaq is stock exchange that is determined by all the players who are connected to the rockstar servers, be it in their single player or in GTA online? Right? 

In that case, what you said above makes sense. I wondered how come you could predict that the weapons companies stock would rise. Thanks

Yeah Bawsaq is powered by R*SC. The hypothesis being that it runs off of player stats tables

Mr Shakotan
  • Mr Shakotan

Ride Low and get high

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:17 AM

op drinks on me tonight  good job

• ntfinkbe likes this

gabeen
  • gabeen

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:40 AM Edited by gabeen, 18 September 2013 - 06:46 AM.

So I decided to invest in some Stock in GoPostal since it was really cheap, and I've been driving around looking for PostOp vans to blow up.  I found a couple driving around the city, which promptly gave me a police chase involving an airport and a flight across San Andreas.  Driving back I had a chance to investigate what was delivering stuff out in the Country.

Seems like the best place to find company vans and rigs are on the Freeways.  In the city I've only seen the smaller vans, and only some companies use them like the Postal services I was searching for.  Out in the countryside however, while I don't know for sure if the smaller vans aren't out there, it seemed to be the big rigs that you're looking to take out, and only certain companies use them.  For instance I only saw Cluckin' Bell out in the Country.

Also I think a companies use a mixture of the two because I while I know for sure I've seen an Up-An-Atom rig, I'm not sure if I saw a van.  I think I did though.

Anyway, rigs aren't too hard to find, but these are what you're looking for in the city.

Spoiler

Edit:  Up until now I had only really been looking in the North of the city, but I've since ventured south to the industrial part, and there is another class of vehicle driving around, which is a bigger version of the van pictured above, there's also a few of the small ones driving around too.  So it seems there's 3 types of vehicle driving around, Small, Medium and Large. 

Small for mainly the North of the city, which makes sense since that's where all the shops are, Medium for the Industrial part where all the warehouses are, and the rigs for out of town, to get the stuff to the City in the first place.

Also, I found a PostOp warehouse place and started destroying trailers there and I think it's giving me a bigger fall in their price and a rise in my share prices, although the share prices don't seem to be too affected by all this so far.

pentaxian
  • pentaxian

PKDY Crew Representative

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:39 AM

wow, very cool thread indeed.  i'm not too far in the game yet, but i will definitely be keeping an eye on this thread.

DocPip
  • DocPip

Trick

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:48 AM

Thanks OP for telling me the difference between the 2 markets. I always wondered why there was 2. Now to buy up lots of ammunition stocks and car stocks.
  • ‹bermacht likes this

Wannabe in LS
  • Wannabe in LS

Trick

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:49 AM

Aww dang, I invested in Bawsaq, didn't realise it's a market decided by player actions. It wouldn't be so bad, but I invested most of Franklin's starting cash on one measly share in a phone company and have like $37 to his name.

Small_Fryz
  • Small_Fryz

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:09 AM

So I decided to invest in some Stock in GoPostal since it was really cheap, and I've been driving around looking for PostOp vans to blow up.  I found a couple driving around the city, which promptly gave me a police chase involving an airport and a flight across San Andreas.  Driving back I had a chance to investigate what was delivering stuff out in the Country.

Also, I found a PostOp warehouse place and started destroying trailers there and I think it's giving me a bigger fall in their price and a rise in my share prices, although the share prices don't seem to be too affected by all this so far.

Awesome info man, 

Do you have any feedback on just how much the share prices are effected at all???

I would also be happy to trial a few things and post back my findings. Any ideas?

gta-space
  • gta-space

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:16 AM Edited by gta-space, 18 September 2013 - 07:16 AM.

I just unlock Trevor.... I put 50k on merryweather????? What do u guys think?

hellryu
  • hellryu

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:19 AM

I just unlock Trevor.... I put 50k on merryweather????? What do u guys think?

Take it out as fast as you can. All I'm sayin'.

• mikk2k2 likes this

gabeen
  • gabeen

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:40 AM Edited by gabeen, 18 September 2013 - 07:43 AM.

Awesome info man, 

Do you have any feedback on just how much the share prices are effected at all???

I would also be happy to trial a few things and post back my findings. Any ideas?

Well I put money in from all 3 characters, but as an example I put 10k in from Trevor when it was around 10.47.  It's now 11.44 per share and I'm seeing a return of 15.77 percent, which is $1577

On the flip side PostOp started around 284.89, and they're now 283.57, so a 10k investment in that, and you've only lost around $60, but it's such a high share price you won't notice until it starts dropping faster.

You'll probably have to save your game to advance it 6 hours to see any real speed in the change of stock prices.

Edit:  In the time it's taken me to post that, the share prices have flucuated again, GoPostal back down to 11.14 and PostOp up to 283.7, so it might take some real work to do it this way.  It's possible there may be dynamic side missions involved for any real change in the stock market?

BigMarty1987
  • BigMarty1987

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:49 AM

Great thread going to look into the opposing company's thing and destroy some company property nice thanks
  • Oceaniic likes this

chitoryu12
  • chitoryu12

Resident Actor, Dancer, and Singer

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:50 AM

By the way, you guys don't need to cancel the Lester missions when he mentions stocks. Unless it's a timed mission, you can get on your phone and quickly buy/sell shares before doing anything. During the assassination mission at the Von Crastenburg hotel, I bought 113 shares of the opposing company that Lester mentioned would benefit. They got a big boost in their shares after the mission.

The Nefarious Jester
  • The Nefarious Jester

Forum Old Timer

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:21 AM

Seems like the best place to find company vans and rigs are on the Freeways.  In the city I've only seen the smaller vans, and only some companies use them like the Postal services I was searching for.  Out in the countryside however, while I don't know for sure if the smaller vans aren't out there, it seemed to be the big rigs that you're looking to take out, and only certain companies use them.  For instance I only saw Cluckin' Bell out in the Country.

Also I think a companies use a mixture of the two because I while I know for sure I've seen an Up-An-Atom rig, I'm not sure if I saw a van.  I think I did though.

Anyway, rigs aren't too hard to find, but these are what you're looking for in the city.

Spoiler

Edit:  Up until now I had only really been looking in the North of the city, but I've since ventured south to the industrial part, and there is another class of vehicle driving around, which is a bigger version of the van pictured above, there's also a few of the small ones driving around too.  So it seems there's 3 types of vehicle driving around, Small, Medium and Large. 

Small for mainly the North of the city, which makes sense since that's where all the shops are, Medium for the Industrial part where all the warehouses are, and the rigs for out of town, to get the stuff to the City in the first place.

Nice one gabeen. I'm at work now, but I'll be looking to see if they have freight aircraft at the airport later

By the way, you guys don't need to cancel the Lester missions when he mentions stocks. Unless it's a timed mission, you can get on your phone and quickly buy/sell shares before doing anything. During the assassination mission at the Von Crastenburg hotel, I bought 113 shares of the opposing company that Lester mentioned would benefit. They got a big boost in their shares after the mission.

Only If you want to invest with all characters, you can do it with just the character your using by pulling up the markets on your phone.

gabeen
  • gabeen

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:34 AM

Well, I think the trailers at the PostOp depot are a dead end.  They're Big Goods trailers not PostOp trailers, but I assumed that since there was an actual depot, it stood to reason that destroying trailers that could be destroyed would affect the share price.  Looks like I was wrong though.

The Nefarious Jester
  • The Nefarious Jester

Forum Old Timer

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:50 AM

Well, I think the trailers at the PostOp depot are a dead end.  They're Big Goods trailers not PostOp trailers, but I assumed that since there was an actual depot, it stood to reason that destroying trailers that could be destroyed would affect the share price.  Looks like I was wrong though.

Damn, there are a lot of non floated company vans around, bloody sub-contracting I tells ya!!

Added the link to Bawsaq minisite for those that want to watch the markets out of game :p

burner12
  • burner12

GTA Series Forever!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:22 PM

I currently have 7k for Michael and 2k for Franklin. Is that still too low to begin investing? I'm a few missions away from the first heist.

The Nefarious Jester
  • The Nefarious Jester

Forum Old Timer

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:24 PM

I currently have 7k for Michael and 2k for Franklin. Is that still too low to begin investing? I'm a few missions away from the first heist.

You can invest easily with that cash, I meant to go back to before the first heist to see what shares get affected by it (as in positively), I'd imagine a rival insurance company but not 100%. If you could take a snapshot of both markets before and after the first heist for the sake of this thread, that would be most appreciated and I'll give you a free air guitar! 

gunner84
  • gunner84

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:36 PM Edited by gunner84, 18 September 2013 - 12:38 PM.

whats the best radio station for stock related news?

cheers

oh and good thread , never relised about this stuff in-game , so much  to do!!!

The Nefarious Jester
  • The Nefarious Jester

Forum Old Timer

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:38 PM

whats the best radio station for stock related news?

cheers

Stock news pops up on news flashes, I primarily listen to Radio Los Santos but it would be hard to listen to each one long enough to get a clear picture of which is best

TheJeesh
  • TheJeesh

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:41 PM

Enjoying the information, although finding it hard to really influence the stock market too much outside of the Assassination missions.

gunner84
  • gunner84

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:43 PM

Enjoying the information, although finding it hard to really influence the stock market too much outside of the Assassination missions.

I was about to post something the same , I bought a load of postop shares and hunted down gopost trucks found 2 smaller trucks on a freeway and destroyed them but nothing changed in the shares also I drove the round the entire freeway and never found a single gopost big rig truck?

Most of the big rigs were a company called big goods.

Captain_Cave
  • Captain_Cave

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:46 PM

Great guide!

:beerhat:

• The Nefarious Jester likes this

Captain_Cave
  • Captain_Cave

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:54 PM

How soon should you buy ammo / weapon stocks?

I will only start playing the game later today.

The Nefarious Jester
  • The Nefarious Jester

Forum Old Timer

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:56 PM

I can't help but look at the bawsaq site while I'm working, now I know how my old employer felt (he was a market analyst/strategist) lol

• mikk2k2 likes this

Siz
  • Siz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:56 PM

I'm about to try some experiments. I'm going to attempt some things and see how they influence the share prices on LCN and I will document these changes. I'm trying to work out what the best time gaps would be between every time the share prices are recorded. Would it even be necessary to record share prices more than once a day; Not really sure at the moment. If anyone has any helpful info on this, please feel free to share it. Thanks.

• The Nefarious Jester likes this

The Nefarious Jester
  • The Nefarious Jester

Forum Old Timer

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:57 PM

How soon should you buy ammo / weapon stocks?

I will only start playing the game later today.

Ammunation is showing a steady climb day by day, so it's either buy now and cash out when the Japan market have the game and send it roaring up, or wait until it falls again and buy then. Actually I'll add the bit about Japan to the top. They don't get it officially until Oct 10th

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users