Quantcast

» «
Photo

What car damage do you like more?

21 replies to this topic

Poll: Which car damage type do you like more? (57 member(s) have cast votes)

Which car damage type do you like more?

1. The one from Gta 4 where cars bend in various ways (41 votes [71.93%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 71.93%

2. The one from Gta 5 where cars are made out of titanium and barely bend (16 votes [28.07%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.07%

Vote Guests cannot vote
3dwizard
  • 3dwizard

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:50 AM Edited by Mr.Deviance, 18 September 2013 - 01:51 AM.

Which car damage type do you like more?

SammyXNA
  • SammyXNA

Feel free to wear my sig.

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:55 AM

You can f*ck up cars in V just as IV, just requires a lot of speed and crashing into things:

jz00zVh.jpg

• SamuelBenjamin likes this

D.Dodge
  • D.Dodge

Peon

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:04 AM

Looks like nothing compared to IV.

Pic above could be done if you drive a SUV into the side of the car and let if flip a couple of times. 

Rafe
  • Rafe

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:46 AM

This guy with his green car had to have been torturing his car to death and in GTA 5 there amount of damage a car can take is easily 5 to 10 x more than GTA4.. I have collided with cement embankments and suffered no structural damage to my hood in GTA 5. The damage is rather pathetic but i wonder if it was scaled back for technical reasons.. If it was scaled back for the kiddies that want to drive like maniacs but have pristine cars then damn kids, i'm never having any. 

Destiel
  • Destiel

Blowin' Things Up

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:27 PM

My experience is different, I've smashed my cars up a lot, speeding a lot the hoods come off, wheels have come off it's been a mess that I just left it in the end. 

SamuelBenjamin
  • SamuelBenjamin

Film & Photography Cinematography & VFX LA

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:31 PM Edited by SamuelBenjamin, 24 September 2013 - 09:32 PM.

0_0.jpg0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Cars get wrecked in this game, it just takes to much banging and hitting to actually get there.

novesori
  • novesori

Car Enthusiast

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:33 PM

I like the damage, since there is no repair or health cheat

Blunt Force Trauma
  • Blunt Force Trauma

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:34 PM

Not a biased poll at all

• R.R likes this

SilencedScream
  • SilencedScream

Masked Maniacal Man Mass Murders Millions, Maybe, Man

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:35 PM

As I've put in a few threads...

I like the POTENTIAL damage in V. The damage is just inconsistent - you can hit a concrete wall at full speed and nothing happened, or you can get side-swipped by another car doing the speed limit and have a tire come off.

The inconsistencies are incredibly stupid, but the damage itself - when it happens - is impressive.

Cyper
  • Cyper

Liberty City Lover Since 2001

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:36 PM Edited by Cyper, 24 September 2013 - 09:37 PM.

The vehicle damage in GTA V is as a matter of fact much more advanced than in GTA IV. This is not even up to debate. It's a fact. Try to really crash a vehicle into everything, or even better, take a baseballbat and smash it. It is simply much better than in GTA IV.

What you people are talking about is not really the vehicle damage itself but rather something like ''vehicle damage sensitivity''. Vehicle damage is better in GTA V than in GTA IV but vehicles in GTA V are not as sensitive as in GTA IV. In GTA V vehicles can withstand more crashes than in GTA IV.

• 17th and SamuelBenjamin like this

SamuelBenjamin
  • SamuelBenjamin

Film & Photography Cinematography & VFX LA

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:45 PM

The 2 people above have the correct idea!

VDubG
  • VDubG

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:53 PM

once i got in a gang fight in gta v , ballas came with their cars and smashed into wall , i got the car then i saw some fuel coming after me , the fuel "cable" ( i dont know how to call it in english , im not a native english speaker" was damaged . you dont see that in gta iv .

BloodJunkie
  • BloodJunkie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:39 AM

Agreed that it just seems to be the sensitivity that's completely out of whack. You can literally stand there and kick the sh*t out of your car and it really is impressive looking how it crumples and gets damaged, or you can drive top speed into a wall and almost nothing will happen to it. It's really too bad it's so unbalanced because it's all there, which is what I find myself thinking about most of the issues people are having with the game so far.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:41 AM Edited by sultangris, 25 September 2013 - 12:44 AM.

the damage in 5 really sucks and is far too low.  however when you get further in the game and find the super cars they get damaged a little more easily and are much more fun than the indestructible cars in the beginning that can crash full speed and barely scratch the paint, super lame.  They need to turn up the damage a little bit.  I loved smashing up cars and watching bumpers fall off and dent the crap out of them.  You gotta crash 500 times in this game unless you have a super car and they still dont get as smashed and bent, its pretty disappointing really.  I got hit by the damn train when i was in a tow truck and it smashed me into a pole and threw me up in the air 20 feet and spinning and it barely bent the side of the truck in, lol, it wouldve been blown up or folded in half if that happened in gta IV

tipplur
  • tipplur

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:46 AM

i love how you can shoot inside the wheel well and gas pours out, then you can shoot the gas puddle

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:48 AM

i love how you can shoot inside the wheel well and gas pours out, then you can shoot the gas puddle

is that where you supposed to shoot? i shoot just in front of the rear tire but it didnt work on all cars.

MikeMyth
  • MikeMyth

I'm lost at sea, don't bother me.

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:48 AM

You can f*ck up cars in V just as IV, just requires a lot of speed and crashing into things:

jz00zVh.jpg

You should put a lot more emphasis on "a lot". Although I do like GTA V, I do think that it isn't as good as GTA IV. (Car damage only, lol).

Michigan_Militia
  • Michigan_Militia

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:21 AM

In 4 you could practically wrap your car around a tree. In this game, not even close.

MercyfulFate151
  • MercyfulFate151

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:23 AM

Cars get damaged quite a bit in this game actually.

scrublord
  • scrublord

Certified Fresh

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:35 AM Edited by Lagful, 25 September 2013 - 04:39 AM.

This poll isn't biased at all. I've rammed a brand new SUV with the Mini Cooper and it smacked the tire right off it's axle. Yea the cars are sooo indestructible. Maybe all the whiners should go play GTA 4 again to refresh their short term memory.

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:39 AM Edited by WinterEdit, 25 September 2013 - 04:40 AM.

I think they can bend just as much in GTA V, but it requires much more damage to do so. I prefer GTA IV car damage (for easier damaging)... getting launched by a swingset in Liberty City and seeing the damage afterwards was epic.

scrublord
  • scrublord

Certified Fresh

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:45 AM

The funny thing is that If the car damage was stronger then everyone would be bitching about the exact opposite.

• R.R likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users