» «
Photo

Where is the car DAMAGE?

63 replies to this topic
Mr.Deviance
  • Mr.Deviance

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:24 AM Edited by Mr.Deviance, 18 September 2013 - 01:30 AM.

I played this game at a friend and I am in utter shock after seeing how all cars all feel like they are made out of titanium...

Why Rockstar? WHY did you ruin this perfect game by totally taking out the fun factor for driving and crashing cars?

I never really enjoyed 3d Gta games until Gta4 came out with dynamic damage and now you took that awesome thing out of Gta5.

I lost hours upon hours in Gta4 because I experimented with car damage at various speeds and from various heights.

Now Gta5 has completely ruined that pleasure and after I beat the story of the game, I will no longer feel inclined to play Gta5 just to fool around.

I have no satisfaction playing a game where the cars feel like they are straight out of NFS and only get minor dents and scratches when I hit them at full speed.

This needs to be adressed via a patch or I am not even going to buy this game, I will keep on returning to Gta 4 for my car crashing fun...

SammyXNA
  • SammyXNA

Feel free to wear my sig.

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:52 AM

jz00zVh.jpg

u wot?

• katarabsian and ReeceDevonport like this

russianpolice
  • russianpolice

AK-47

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:59 AM

jz00zVh.jpg

u wot?

Is that after 30 hours of crashing?

• boxmonster and BuyMeTheMoon like this

SammyXNA
  • SammyXNA

Feel free to wear my sig.

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:00 AM

Nah, was after two or three

D.Dodge
  • D.Dodge

Peon

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:03 AM

Still looks like nothing compared to IV.

It's sad

JrM2628
  • JrM2628

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:04 AM

The wheels actually fall off the car now. I ran a fire truck into a buffalo and the right front of the buffalo was destroyed

Grand Cannon
  • Grand Cannon

Everywhere and Nowhere

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:09 AM

Bitch more.

ds5384
  • ds5384

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:34 AM

I feel the same way, I t-bone a parked car at top speed and it doesn't even dent the door panel. The damage modeling is a sad excuse compared to previous versions.

PetsOvernight
  • PetsOvernight

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:06 AM

I hate to complain, but after a few hours of playing (so far I've only free roamed - the map is INCREDIBLE) the damage is definitely below par... GTA4 really had much better damage... I was very afraid of this after all the talk of the leaks and stuff, and I can confirmed my fear. I managed to get wedged between a bridge and a freight train and the damage is quite spectacular, but they need to really up the damage from hitting sh*t, getting hit, crashing, etc. Much more crumpling and denting/damaged panels needed...

The game is absolutely amazing and breath taking, but they really missed the mark on the damage... I so hope they can fix it, but I know they won't... 

Burner
  • Burner

Big McLargehuge

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:06 AM

Fully agree with op. One of my favorite things to do in free roam was just messing about and seeing how badly I can damage a car before it explodes, and driving at top speeds waiting for that perfect t-bone in an intersection, then checking out the damage. Wheels and fenders fall off now, but it's kind of pointless considering the rest of the damage the car takes. 

Everyone has been debating the realistic vs. arcade handling. After playing the game, I am fine with the handling. I just want the damage back!

PetsOvernight
  • PetsOvernight

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:08 AM

Everyone has been debating the realistic vs. arcade handling. After playing the game, I am fine with the handling. I just want the damage back!

Yeah I should have said this... at first I found the handing a little too tight and racy, but honestly it's not THAT bad, and the junkier cars/vans, etc have much more believable handling - I actually prefer to drive bulkier vehicles ha... but yes, the [lack of] damage is the biggest disappointment for me...

lazedout
  • lazedout

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:16 AM Edited by lazedout, 18 September 2013 - 03:17 AM.

I hate to complain, but after a few hours of playing (so far I've only free roamed - the map is INCREDIBLE) the damage is definitely below par... GTA4 really had much better damage... I was very afraid of this after all the talk of the leaks and stuff, and I can confirmed my fear. I managed to get wedged between a bridge and a freight train and the damage is quite spectacular, but they need to really up the damage from hitting sh*t, getting hit, crashing, etc. Much more crumpling and denting/damaged panels needed...

The game is absolutely amazing and breath taking, but they really missed the mark on the damage... I so hope they can fix it, but I know they won't... 

The game is below par in a lot of ways, not just the damage. Its also above par in others. I just don't understand a lot of the decisions they made to be honest. 

Rafe
  • Rafe

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:25 AM Edited by Rafe, 18 September 2013 - 03:26 AM.

Been playing  afew hours and i have to say the initial fears of many of the viewers of the leaks were right, damage is pretty much rather muted. The magnitude of impact a car must endure to have body damage seems to require 5 to 10 times the energy. Not good.

Lazedout basically nails it here. The game is in many ways exceptional and unparalleled and also deeply flawed and rather deficient. However it's deficiencies, atleast the ones i have noticed, seem to come from much of the car content, damage in this case. The problem seems to be that some , perhaps all of the car content was done but people who worked on Midnight Club. An arcade racer that caters to a very casual market of gamers.

By the way.. try kicking a car when your on foot. That is actually pretty damn cool.

ge714
  • ge714

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:48 AM

I agree with this post, the gtav car damage reminds me of Sleeping Dogs car damage.

Rafe
  • Rafe

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:53 AM

I agree with this post, the gtav car damage reminds me of Sleeping Dogs car damage.

So glad i didn't buy that game

donconjo
  • donconjo

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:00 AM

Roll your car of a huge mountain...it rolls and rolls and doors fly off even a wheel

BigMarty1987
  • BigMarty1987

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:17 AM

Damage is good to drive bro, try a cliff brah

Games amazing, everybody stop bitching
  • katarabsian likes this

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:20 AM

I haven't played much, but I'm definitely disappointed with the car damage.

• Mr.Deviance likes this

Gigabomber
  • Gigabomber

Infinite Ammo Amorous

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:52 AM

Handling has a ton of variance between vehicles and is not that bad, but the damage is pretty light.

kspence92
  • kspence92

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:45 PM

I love the game and think the driving itself is good but I'm very disappointed in the damage eg slamming into an 18 wheeler and only suffering a fender bender ! I loved ruined cars in gta
4 but the damage in 5 is very poor.

It's still an amazing game however .

Revoemag
  • Revoemag

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:58 PM Edited by Revoemag, 18 September 2013 - 01:21 PM.

Vehicles damage easily...it's just that the visual damage is less than satisfactory..That needs a tweak...

pokemon4ever
  • pokemon4ever

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:03 PM

Nah, was after two or three

yea, three crashes at 150 mph.

boo

• Mr.Deviance likes this

chainsoar
  • chainsoar

ur mom cooks socks

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:15 PM

Agreed. During the first mission with the boys back in the day before the current story, I watched a police car hit a tree and pretty much got a boner over the way it crumpled. After spending a few hours driving around LS crashing into things however, I'm less than impressed. If I hit another car head on at 60mph+, I should come away with more than a few scratches. 

• BuyMeTheMoon likes this

darkdayz
  • darkdayz

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:40 PM Edited by darkdayz, 18 September 2013 - 01:40 PM.

Why is everybody moaning about car damage. I have been playing for only a few hours, every car I have crashed has either had its bumper and wheels crushed, or the engine has just stopped altogether. I don't see what the problem is. If it was anymore realistic when it comes to crashes the game would become ever increasingly annoying because of having to switch cars or wasted yourself everytime you crashed.

Harwood-Butcher
  • Harwood-Butcher

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:49 PM

TBH I like it because I can hold onto the car, especially ones which you've spent 50G's on.

If you had the damage from GTA4 you would have 2 problems:

1) It would have been a lot harder for Rockstar to make parts for Los Santos Customs

2) Your bumper would fall off if you hit something as small as a signpost and you would be moaning about spending money on a car that gets damaged at the smallest things.

Lets be honest.....IT'S A F***ING GAME!

Have fun and quit moaning FFS.

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:22 PM

Lets be honest.....IT'S A F***ING GAME!

Have fun and quit moaning FFS.

Smashing up cars is (well, it was in IV) part of the fun.

Speetix
  • Speetix

Tyrant - Boss

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:26 PM

Normally it was like in gta iv. In trailer 2 from Gta V I found a car crashing another one, so I took a screenshot: http://imgur.com/bestrTQ,Tem6VRY#0

another one: http://imgur.com/bestrTQ,Tem6VRY#1

So normally we had something like that. But they changed and I'm about to throw the game away.. 

Apathyguy
  • Apathyguy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:04 AM

Must agree. Damage modeling is a huge let down. The broken windows are barely any better then GTA 3. Same goofy little jagged pieces every time. Car windows don't look anything like that when they break. May as well just use cartoonish graphics for them. I can only guess that these are comprimises to acomidate being able to see farther and having more details on the streets. Poor comprimise if you ask me.

Mr.Deviance
  • Mr.Deviance

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:04 PM Edited by Mr.Deviance, 21 September 2013 - 11:05 PM.

To compromise on the actual cars which are the number 1 thing you do in a gta game, is a huge huge retardation on rockstar's part...

Fix the f*cking damage in the game and make it work like in gta4 because you totally ruined it!!!!!!!!!!!

I DO NOT WANT TITANIUM PLATED CARS!!!!!!!!!!!

jumbo0
  • jumbo0

Hustler

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:17 PM

I'm totally with this... I liked the damage of GTA IV as well! But just wait untill the PC version comes out, then we can tweak the handling file and set the damage higher. Hopefully that will do the trick! :|

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users