Photo

Cannot buy safehouses in SP - Rockstar

253 replies to this topic
Badr305
  • Badr305

Playa

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:34 AM

Why is the dynasty8 website "Undergoing maintenance"??

MasterToothDecayer
  • MasterToothDecayer

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:55 AM

Goddamn, this thread is a volatile mixture of fanboyism and gamer rage. It's frightening, disturbing, and, at times, a little violent.

This is how I see it: I am a little disappointed that we don't get to purchase safehouses in single player, I'm disappointed that the radio is somewhat lacking, I wish there were more (or one or two) interiors. But I bought the game for that GTA feel, we all know the one. Some of you may not have felt it, though I suspect most of you who didn't were dreaming of San Andreas 2. I felt it, however, and I love GTA V.

Worth the wait? Yes. Worth the money? Yes. 76 hours of playtime and I'm not even remotely bored yet, and GTAO isn't even up yet. The gameplay is phenomenal, it's the best looking game I've ever played, and the story is (imo) the best in the GTA series so far.

A lot of you are apparently having mental breakdowns on account of it not being the game you imagined and that you wanted 100% ("f*ck rockstar lying company" "god I'm gonna sell this POS", etc, etc), but you have to realize that you will likely never get the exact GTA you wanted.

I love this game, but I don't pretend that it's perfection embodied. Likewise, you serial complainers and San Andreas 2 hopefuls should stop acting like this is the worst game to come out since ET. Can't we just all agree that is a magnificent game, and wait ten goddamn minutes before we start nitpicking it to it's bones?

I don't know, maybe I was just raised to enjoy what I get and not feel entitled to things I'm not entitled to.

/counterrant

• na89340qv0n34b09q340 and pilot410 like this

TheRealBars
  • TheRealBars

Getaway Driver

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:35 AM Edited by TheRealBars, 24 September 2013 - 10:38 AM.

Trevor is the perfect example.. he has a house up north and in the city of lS.

Micheal is alright, although he has no house up north it is easily accessible, however a small safehouse + Garage combo up north wouldn't hurt.

Franklin is the real problem, Like Mike just one one safe house, but don't get me started on the location.

Halfway up the mountain between the Alamo sea and Los Santos, although it is closer to LS, the roads leading out of LS into Vinewood hills are a pain in the ass. Changing clothes, storing a vehicle or just checking out your house becomes is a pain.

TLDR: Franklin feels like he is outside of it all, not in the city, not in the country side.. a great house in a terrible location.

Easy solution; Enable Franks Forum Drive house again, now there you felt like you was in the center of it all, wherever you went in LS his house was never far away.

split_lip
  • split_lip

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:54 AM Edited by split_lip, 24 September 2013 - 10:56 AM.

Goddamn, this thread is a volatile mixture of fanboyism and gamer rage. It's frightening, disturbing, and, at times, a little violent.

This is how I see it: I am a little disappointed that we don't get to purchase safehouses in single player, I'm disappointed that the radio is somewhat lacking, I wish there were more (or one or two) interiors. But I bought the game for that GTA feel, we all know the one. Some of you may not have felt it, though I suspect most of you who didn't were dreaming of San Andreas 2. I felt it, however, and I love GTA V.

Worth the wait? Yes. Worth the money? Yes. 76 hours of playtime and I'm not even remotely bored yet, and GTAO isn't even up yet. The gameplay is phenomenal, it's the best looking game I've ever played, and the story is (imo) the best in the GTA series so far.

A lot of you are apparently having mental breakdowns on account of it not being the game you imagined and that you wanted 100% ("f*ck rockstar lying company" "god I'm gonna sell this POS", etc, etc), but you have to realize that you will likely never get the exact GTA you wanted.

I love this game, but I don't pretend that it's perfection embodied. Likewise, you serial complainers and San Andreas 2 hopefuls should stop acting like this is the worst game to come out since ET. Can't we just all agree that is a magnificent game, and wait ten goddamn minutes before we start nitpicking it to it's bones?

I don't know, maybe I was just raised to enjoy what I get and not feel entitled to things I'm not entitled to.

/counterrant

NotYourAverageDrPhil
  • NotYourAverageDrPhil

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:58 AM Edited by NotYourAverageDrPhil, 24 September 2013 - 11:00 AM.

This is the best game I have ever played and I will be playing it for a very, very long time. Having said that, I still wish that Rockstar hadn't lied about things like the map size (it's 49 square kilometers, not 49 square miles). It's not a big deal and doesn't ruin my enjoyment of the game (since the map is plenty big), but I still just wish they had just told us the truth.

TimFL
  • TimFL

Trick

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:07 AM Edited by TimFL, 24 September 2013 - 11:08 AM.

Question: How can I buy a property in Grand Theft Auto V Single Player? Whenever I go to the Dynasty 8 website on my phone, it says:

This website is down for maintenance and is currently unavailable.

We are currently updating our website to improve your property purchasing experience.

Please come back again later. 

Answer: This website is not available in Story Mode by design.  In Single Player, you can buy properties by checking the pause menu map, going to the location, and walking up to the realty sign in front of the house.  Look for icons on the map that look like a house with a dollar symbol inside.

Can this discussion be put to rest already? No additional "real estate" properties in SP for you, only the business properties.

Source: http://support.rocks...n-Single-Player

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:15 AM

Why is the dynasty8 website "Undergoing maintenance"??

You'll be able to buy safehouses in GTA:O. The website might always look like that in singleplayer, or maybe it'll show listed prices, but you'll get an error when you try to buy them in singleplayer; maybe the protagonist will say something like "Why buy another house if I've already got one?". The "Undergoing maintenance" message doesn't have to mean anything, just that that page isn't available to us at this moment in time.

AllenKS
  • AllenKS

SoLoville

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:24 AM

Posted this in the other safehouse thread, so I'll post it here too:

Hate to break it to you guys, but I used the collector's edition map with the secrets on it to visit all of the "safehouses" listed on it, and they're all hotels/motels (except for 2, one which is the Downtown Cab Co. building, and another is an abandoned Auto Repair shop in the Grand Senora Desert).

Then I went to the GTAO trailer and watched it again to see what the lady said, and she said you could buy "Apartments".

If you're hoping to buy a beach house or a mansion, you should probably cut it out right now.

http://streamerhouse...3/09/BPTMap.jpg

There's the map to explore it for yourself if you don't believe me.

They left it out of singleplayer because there are no actual houses/condos/mansions/etc. to buy. Just apartments inside hotels, that you'll most likely be teleporting up to.

Wouldn't even be surprised if a lot of them used the same exact interior aside from the windows looking outside.

Mr.Ancelotti
  • Mr.Ancelotti

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:22 PM

Guys i kind of understand that were not able to buy houses in SP, i mean micheal has a big house with a f*cked up family (love them btw haha!) and he cant just leave home and go sleep in a fancy penthouse downtown. trevor is a hillbilly maniac who prevers messed up places (for example that dirty caravan what he Calls home) i dont see him walking around in a big rockford hills mansion and franklin.. Well franklin lives in the hills already. He could have bought a second home though, but i kinda understand why they didnt bring house real estate to SP. It just wouldnt fit to some of the main characters. I was kind of dissapointed when i found out that its exclusively for online, but come on guys,, gta online is available next week and then were gonna start with our own unique customized character. Buying houses Will be available from the start when you have enough money! I hope at least.. And i hope that i can save my cars properly, keep losing them in SP man , goddamit!

tinman187
  • tinman187

DoUgHbOi

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:31 PM

Does it really matter that much??? I could care less if it was in the game or not. It's a minor feature, and I've barely noticed it was in or out. 

Cjpunisher
  • Cjpunisher

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:32 PM

WHat blueprint map are you guys talking about? is it the Lenny Avery one? I thought that was only for a mission to knock off all the signs.

Maybe Dynasty 8 opens up when you knock all the signs off of the Lenny properties.

I did see a working Dynasty 8 link where was that found?

IIOctaneII
  • IIOctaneII

Brother from Illuminati

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:38 PM

The reason why it says R x is because it's a different country. America is * italy is x.

carmelo3
  • carmelo3

Prankster

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:07 PM

I think each character should have been able to buy 2 additional safe houses each, I'm not even asking for something ridiculous like 20 safe houses each across the map which you wont even use, akin to San Andreas. Like someone above me said, Franklin has a great house but it's in a terrible location. It's such a chore having to drive around those windy roads every time you wanna save game or change outfits or get Chop etc. They could have developed the storyline with his aunt more so it ends up with her moving out of the house in CGF territory And it being given back to Franklin.

Also, I know Michael has a family but they clearly piss him off so he should be given the option to purchase some sort of downtown condo/apartment to get away from them from time to time. 

Heck, after you kill

Spoiler
(as he's the only one who doesn't have a nice place of residence)

I would have like to seen...

A vespucci beach luxury condo, a house in Chumash and a downtown apartment available for Franklin to purchase

A downtown luxury apartment (like whats in GTA Online) a house in Chumash and a small Mirror Park house for Michael

A big ranch in Harmony, a small beach side house in Paleto Bay and an underground luxury apartment in vinewood for Trevor

FromBrnoCity
  • FromBrnoCity

Don't call me guy, I have no peenus.I have nice new tits btw

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:09 AM Edited by FromBrnoCity, 31 October 2013 - 08:10 AM.

I still don't understand why are marked some locations on blue print map.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users