Photo

Cannot buy safehouses in SP - Rockstar

394 replies to this topic
Badr305
  • Badr305

Playa

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:34 AM

Why is the dynasty8 website "Undergoing maintenance"??

MasterToothDecayer
  • MasterToothDecayer

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:55 AM

Goddamn, this thread is a volatile mixture of fanboyism and gamer rage. It's frightening, disturbing, and, at times, a little violent.

This is how I see it: I am a little disappointed that we don't get to purchase safehouses in single player, I'm disappointed that the radio is somewhat lacking, I wish there were more (or one or two) interiors. But I bought the game for that GTA feel, we all know the one. Some of you may not have felt it, though I suspect most of you who didn't were dreaming of San Andreas 2. I felt it, however, and I love GTA V.

Worth the wait? Yes. Worth the money? Yes. 76 hours of playtime and I'm not even remotely bored yet, and GTAO isn't even up yet. The gameplay is phenomenal, it's the best looking game I've ever played, and the story is (imo) the best in the GTA series so far.

A lot of you are apparently having mental breakdowns on account of it not being the game you imagined and that you wanted 100% ("f*ck rockstar lying company" "god I'm gonna sell this POS", etc, etc), but you have to realize that you will likely never get the exact GTA you wanted.

I love this game, but I don't pretend that it's perfection embodied. Likewise, you serial complainers and San Andreas 2 hopefuls should stop acting like this is the worst game to come out since ET. Can't we just all agree that is a magnificent game, and wait ten goddamn minutes before we start nitpicking it to it's bones?

I don't know, maybe I was just raised to enjoy what I get and not feel entitled to things I'm not entitled to.

/counterrant

• na89340qv0n34b09q340, pilot410 and Stoney0503 like this

TheRealBars
  • TheRealBars

Getaway Driver

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:35 AM Edited by TheRealBars, 24 September 2013 - 10:38 AM.

Trevor is the perfect example.. he has a house up north and in the city of lS.

Micheal is alright, although he has no house up north it is easily accessible, however a small safehouse + Garage combo up north wouldn't hurt.

Franklin is the real problem, Like Mike just one one safe house, but don't get me started on the location.

Halfway up the mountain between the Alamo sea and Los Santos, although it is closer to LS, the roads leading out of LS into Vinewood hills are a pain in the ass. Changing clothes, storing a vehicle or just checking out your house becomes is a pain.

TLDR: Franklin feels like he is outside of it all, not in the city, not in the country side.. a great house in a terrible location.

Easy solution; Enable Franks Forum Drive house again, now there you felt like you was in the center of it all, wherever you went in LS his house was never far away.

split_lip
  • split_lip

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:54 AM Edited by split_lip, 24 September 2013 - 10:56 AM.

Goddamn, this thread is a volatile mixture of fanboyism and gamer rage. It's frightening, disturbing, and, at times, a little violent.

This is how I see it: I am a little disappointed that we don't get to purchase safehouses in single player, I'm disappointed that the radio is somewhat lacking, I wish there were more (or one or two) interiors. But I bought the game for that GTA feel, we all know the one. Some of you may not have felt it, though I suspect most of you who didn't were dreaming of San Andreas 2. I felt it, however, and I love GTA V.

Worth the wait? Yes. Worth the money? Yes. 76 hours of playtime and I'm not even remotely bored yet, and GTAO isn't even up yet. The gameplay is phenomenal, it's the best looking game I've ever played, and the story is (imo) the best in the GTA series so far.

A lot of you are apparently having mental breakdowns on account of it not being the game you imagined and that you wanted 100% ("f*ck rockstar lying company" "god I'm gonna sell this POS", etc, etc), but you have to realize that you will likely never get the exact GTA you wanted.

I love this game, but I don't pretend that it's perfection embodied. Likewise, you serial complainers and San Andreas 2 hopefuls should stop acting like this is the worst game to come out since ET. Can't we just all agree that is a magnificent game, and wait ten goddamn minutes before we start nitpicking it to it's bones?

I don't know, maybe I was just raised to enjoy what I get and not feel entitled to things I'm not entitled to.

/counterrant

NotYourAverageDrPhil
  • NotYourAverageDrPhil

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:58 AM Edited by NotYourAverageDrPhil, 24 September 2013 - 11:00 AM.

This is the best game I have ever played and I will be playing it for a very, very long time. Having said that, I still wish that Rockstar hadn't lied about things like the map size (it's 49 square kilometers, not 49 square miles). It's not a big deal and doesn't ruin my enjoyment of the game (since the map is plenty big), but I still just wish they had just told us the truth.

TimFL
  • TimFL

Trick

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:07 AM Edited by TimFL, 24 September 2013 - 11:08 AM.

Question: How can I buy a property in Grand Theft Auto V Single Player? Whenever I go to the Dynasty 8 website on my phone, it says:

This website is down for maintenance and is currently unavailable.

We are currently updating our website to improve your property purchasing experience.

Please come back again later. 

Answer: This website is not available in Story Mode by design.  In Single Player, you can buy properties by checking the pause menu map, going to the location, and walking up to the realty sign in front of the house.  Look for icons on the map that look like a house with a dollar symbol inside.

Can this discussion be put to rest already? No additional "real estate" properties in SP for you, only the business properties.

Source: http://support.rocks...n-Single-Player

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:15 AM

Why is the dynasty8 website "Undergoing maintenance"??

You'll be able to buy safehouses in GTA:O. The website might always look like that in singleplayer, or maybe it'll show listed prices, but you'll get an error when you try to buy them in singleplayer; maybe the protagonist will say something like "Why buy another house if I've already got one?". The "Undergoing maintenance" message doesn't have to mean anything, just that that page isn't available to us at this moment in time.

AllenKS
  • AllenKS

SoLoville

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:24 AM

Posted this in the other safehouse thread, so I'll post it here too:

Hate to break it to you guys, but I used the collector's edition map with the secrets on it to visit all of the "safehouses" listed on it, and they're all hotels/motels (except for 2, one which is the Downtown Cab Co. building, and another is an abandoned Auto Repair shop in the Grand Senora Desert).

Then I went to the GTAO trailer and watched it again to see what the lady said, and she said you could buy "Apartments".

If you're hoping to buy a beach house or a mansion, you should probably cut it out right now.

http://streamerhouse...3/09/BPTMap.jpg

There's the map to explore it for yourself if you don't believe me.

They left it out of singleplayer because there are no actual houses/condos/mansions/etc. to buy. Just apartments inside hotels, that you'll most likely be teleporting up to.

Wouldn't even be surprised if a lot of them used the same exact interior aside from the windows looking outside.

Mr.Ancelotti
  • Mr.Ancelotti

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:22 PM

Guys i kind of understand that were not able to buy houses in SP, i mean micheal has a big house with a f*cked up family (love them btw haha!) and he cant just leave home and go sleep in a fancy penthouse downtown. trevor is a hillbilly maniac who prevers messed up places (for example that dirty caravan what he Calls home) i dont see him walking around in a big rockford hills mansion and franklin.. Well franklin lives in the hills already. He could have bought a second home though, but i kinda understand why they didnt bring house real estate to SP. It just wouldnt fit to some of the main characters. I was kind of dissapointed when i found out that its exclusively for online, but come on guys,, gta online is available next week and then were gonna start with our own unique customized character. Buying houses Will be available from the start when you have enough money! I hope at least.. And i hope that i can save my cars properly, keep losing them in SP man , goddamit!

tinman187
  • tinman187

DoUgHbOi

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:31 PM

Does it really matter that much??? I could care less if it was in the game or not. It's a minor feature, and I've barely noticed it was in or out. 

Cjpunisher
  • Cjpunisher

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:32 PM

WHat blueprint map are you guys talking about? is it the Lenny Avery one? I thought that was only for a mission to knock off all the signs.

Maybe Dynasty 8 opens up when you knock all the signs off of the Lenny properties.

I did see a working Dynasty 8 link where was that found?

Octane
  • Octane

Brother from another mother

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best GTA Topic 2015 [The Next DLC Discussion Thread]
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:38 PM

The reason why it says R x is because it's a different country. America is * italy is x.

carmelo3
  • carmelo3

Prankster

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:07 PM

I think each character should have been able to buy 2 additional safe houses each, I'm not even asking for something ridiculous like 20 safe houses each across the map which you wont even use, akin to San Andreas. Like someone above me said, Franklin has a great house but it's in a terrible location. It's such a chore having to drive around those windy roads every time you wanna save game or change outfits or get Chop etc. They could have developed the storyline with his aunt more so it ends up with her moving out of the house in CGF territory And it being given back to Franklin.

Also, I know Michael has a family but they clearly piss him off so he should be given the option to purchase some sort of downtown condo/apartment to get away from them from time to time. 

Heck, after you kill

Spoiler
(as he's the only one who doesn't have a nice place of residence)

I would have like to seen...

A vespucci beach luxury condo, a house in Chumash and a downtown apartment available for Franklin to purchase

A downtown luxury apartment (like whats in GTA Online) a house in Chumash and a small Mirror Park house for Michael

A big ranch in Harmony, a small beach side house in Paleto Bay and an underground luxury apartment in vinewood for Trevor

FromBrnoCity
  • FromBrnoCity

Don't call me guy, I have no peenus.I have nice new tits btw

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:09 AM Edited by FromBrnoCity, 31 October 2013 - 08:10 AM.

I still don't understand why are marked some locations on blue print map.

Ghiby
  • Ghiby

GTA maniac, sociopath & psychopath

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2015 - 01:35 AM Edited by Ghiby, 15 July 2015 - 02:19 AM.

OK, I know my reply is late, don't jump me for that...

I don't really care much for forums, I don't have much time available overall,  especially if I want to play in my spare time some GTA in singleplayer or online, that's why I'm not much on forums...

However I had to say something here, about the GTA V singleplayer gameplay and about the ability - or inability to be correct - to buy a safehouse

I am among many that are very disappointed with Rockstar because of this, I'm a fan since Vice City and yes I am a nostalgic of the San Andreas, maybe one of the best in the series.

Those of you who are just defending R* are either OK to give them your hard earned money - or your parents earned money - or you don't know what to expect in return for your money...

Yes, there are plenty of great things in the GTA V, great game experience, great graphics, great story-line, great cars with great options to customize them - EA and NFS franchise is not very happy about this, but hey, as I said many great options...  great guns and such... 

So yes, great things, many hours of fun to enjoy...

But, the fact they delayed the PC version for.. how long?? .. years... that's disappointing... 

The fact one cannot purchase safehouse - aka NOT a home used as an investment property to bring more revenue, but a home you can just own and enjoy even if it's just simply walking around some nice decorated rooms, or sitting at your pool, or having your own gym and working out - yes, I know, San Andreas again - well a home known as a "safehouse" by the GTA community, well not being able to purchase few extra ones is very disappointing to me and many others like me it looks like...

some of you said "is it really that important??" well duhh, yeah, for some of us yes it is... the whole GTA experience is more than just driving around like a maniac, killing people like a psychopath or sociopath or a mix of them both, is more than just running from the cops or even killing them for the fun of it.. the GTA experience is much more than that, you must be new in the GTA world if you don't really care to have more of the so called "safehouses"... but it's OK, you'll get it in time...

some of you said that in order to spend some money you'll need to be able to make that money, as such R* provided us with means to make the money.. and you said it in a very sarcastic way... like wait for a moment to settle this in and then try to grasp the concept.. hehe... nice said... but dude, once you make that ton of money - I made over 100 Mil. in my campaign so far - then what sarcastic dude?? .. now you wait a bit and let it marinate, it may be hard for you to grasp the concept.. then what?? what should I spend my money on dude?? ohh, the rest of the properties?? say what?.. already there bud'... I got all could get - except the golf course but I'll have that as well soon...

yet, I have to spend 5-10 min. to get from south to north side of the map driving, or I have to steal a plane or chopper to fly there and then to parachute to my destination.. why is that?? because I can't purchase a safhouse near the north side, or where ever I may want dude... you got the concept sarcastic dude...  (sure I should have used quotes, but you know who you are, if not read the previous replies)

some of you said, well let's face it GTA V is a great game, even if it has no option to buy some extra safehouse, and I agree is a good game, but having this option would make it more than just good...

some of you said you're happy with what you got as it is now and not to blame R*... well, maybe you don't spent your own money on it and you're happy because it was a gift from your parents or others, but hey, when you pay a load of money, you should expect a lot in return... 60 USD is quite a lot, and I do expect a lot in return for that kind of money from a game... 

some of you said that R* never in fact stated officially they will have the safehomes for sale in the gameplay... well I hope you're happy they took your money and then let you know about this "little" feature - or lack of it...

bottom line on my end

I am OK with the game GTA V, even tho' I waited way too long for the PC version - I'm a PC guy, no other platform - hence my late post here

but I am not OK with what Rockstar did about this "safehouse" thing, not being able to purchase some extra ones for our favorite character is a major issue to me...

and like some of you said, no I'm not asking for extra 20 homes, not at all, but just few extra ones, 2 or 3 or 4 per character, located in different areas of the map, so we won't have to drive so much - or fly choppers or planes - to different locations all over that map...

anyway, my point is simple, for that kind of money - 60 USD - Rockstar did a poor job when it comes to this topic, so I am extremely disappointed with Rockstar about this... it's BS and it sucks...

does it mean I don't like - or enjoy - the game??

no, I still like it, and I still enjoy it... but they messed it up really bad about this... just look at this thread, how long it is.. how many heated replies are... how diverse opinions, yet revolving around the same topic - why can't we purchase in singleplayer safehouses?? long time fans and followers - like myself - of the GTA series expected it.. it was implied, since it was a feature before, why not now?? ..

it's like a franchise, you go there and most of the time you know what to expect, from a McDonald's burger, to a Starbucks coffee, to any other franchise... same here, it was available before, it was expected by the fans and followers, it was implied it will be a feature, yet is not... well R* this sucks.. and many of the gamers maybe many things but they are not stupid... especially not the ones in your target audience, not the ones who can afford to pay - or ask others to pay - 60 USD to own this game

sure, GTA V is the best selling game of all times, that made you R* a giant in the industry...  EA and other game publishers envy you... so you don't care anymore for the little guy, even asking and holding the price at 60 USD tells us that...

and don't get me started about the price, I make pretty good money in my every day life, but I know same time, in some unfortunate countries, people make in a month half of this amount, or live with under half of this amount, yes, with under 30 USD per month, so I happen to know the value of the real money... and you R* are charging us 60USD - witch is OK and like many others, me too I spent that kind of money to have a copy of this game, but yet, same time, we can't spend our virtual money in-game to buy a fre@#$ing home..??.. to use as a safehome?? well that really sucks...

this is disappointing Rockstar...  I had higher expectations from Rockstar and for sure I had higher expectations for 60 USD I've spent...

but you know what, that's why competition is a healthy thing... others in the industry are watching, some of your known or unknown yet competitors may be working as we speak to a much better version of their own GTA concept... sure, R* set the standard quite high, but still, there are many game developers out there, some of them quite capable of great things to come... and they are watching, they are reading those forums and they are working...

yes, it may take years, it took you R* years to come up with the PC version of your own (GTA V) game, so hey, have a little faith, it may take some years, but hey, when they drop it, you too Rockstar will be amazed... and then, finally we, the consumers, we, the paying customers will have more choices...

final considerations:

- this is not a troll and no I am not just venting...

- I don't like the way R* handled this topic of purchasing "safehouses"

- I don't like the fact the game is 60 USD 

- I don't like players don't have higher expectations for their money

- I don't like the fact R* made billions in just weeks from launch for a game that lacks critical features - this this one we debate here

- I don't like R* didn't publicly announced before the game launch purchasing a safehouse will not be an option

- I don't like R* in a subtle way implied it may be possible, encouraging and exploiting confusion about this topic - shafeouse vs. property home for revenue

- I don't like R* disappointed fans and followers of the GTA series - like myself - about this hot topic

- I just got the GTA V PC version, I just finished the campaign and all tho' it was fun, something big is missing because I can't purchase some extra safehouse

- you guys don't have to agree with me, but at least agree I present a valid point here

peace out... I'm going back to drive like a maniac in the Los Santos world of GTA V, pimp my cars, get new clothes, hairdo's tat's and such, since I can't buy a safehouse anymore

• Cutter De Blanc and Mister Leone like this

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 July 2015 - 02:37 AM

Actually, they did allow us to buy safehouses in the beta version ( acc to online sources ), but for sone reason they dropped it. Likely due to garbage Online. I think if single player mode had more interiors be the unique safehouses, or other accessible ones like mall, etc then they would have had to make these available for Online kids as well. I am only talking about those interiors which would feature in both modes and work.
I don't understand why did they cut off certain types of interiors, is it because of performance issues they would create when these areas load Onine, or something else?

From SP point of view, GTA SA introduced a great amount of Safehouses to choose from. Around 29!

In V,
F begins with 1 safehouse which becomes unavailable after 'The Hotel Assassination' while unlocking a new one, so comes to just 1 permanent safe house in the end.

M begins with 1 which remains unavailable for 3 or 4 missions during the story but stays permanent otherwise. Total = Just 1.

T trailer remains unavailable for certain missions. Not sure about how long it stays accessible, either permanent later, or not.
Two other ones also become inaccessible after certain missions. I am not sure about T safehouses, as I didn't play much as T so can't be sure about the total. I guess, its two.

Basically, its really lame compared to the masterpiece GTA SA that Rockstar didn't even bother to offer more safehouses when you take into account the map size. More importantly, if they even allowed more custom garages on the maps to store your modded cars that would have really helped since
they are much more useful than safehouses in my opinion.
  • A.O.D.88, Payne and Ghiby like this

Ghiby
  • Ghiby

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2015 - 07:02 PM Edited by Ghiby, 15 July 2015 - 07:18 PM.

I agree with you buddy, about a lot of things...

first, it looks like San Andres is still one of the best - if not THE BEST - that R* came up with... I had high expectations from GTA V, and why not have high expectations, after all Rockstar is not just a start up small game developing studio anymore like they where when they started way back in the Vice City years... they've come a long ways and in the process they've become a multi billion dollars corporation, because we, the paying customers, we purchased their products, expecting each and every time something better... so why not have high expectations from them...

it took them how long??.. years to come up with the GTA V from the GTA IV - Episodes From Liberty City and that not even counting how long it took them to come up with GTA IV from San Andreas...

I was also very disappointed by GTA IV with their Liberty City and I told them that, sent them a lot of feed-back about it, about the inability to use 18 wheeler trucks anymore, to steal a plane anymore, to have a hangar and park and save your plane, or even more about that stupid update they come up with to put a bra on all the strip dancers in strip clubs, like we are stupid kids.. I see real nipples every day from my beautiful wife - that ironically plays with me GTA V - yet, I can't see some some nipples in their virtual strip clubs because ohh, wow, kids may see it... duhh... it's rated  as M, as Mature, that means we the audience we know about nipples and vaginas and we already have that for real... so why that stupid fuss in a game rated mature...  another BS from R*...

well, like me I guess some other players send them feed-back and it looks like they made some improvements, compared with GTA IV in GTA V they bought back big trucks we can now use, they brought back planes we can use and have and they even opened more vehicle options like the tow trucks and SUV's with a small trailer and such, all this is nice and I have to admit they deserve credit for that... I am OK to give them credit when credit is due for a job well done...

but, still the strippers are all wearing bras and not showing nipples, not that is critical, but it looks like they are treating us like stupid kids, yet they are asking us for 60 USD to own a copy of their game.. now isn't that something... hehe....

and on top of it, they messed up really bad - and I mean REALLY REALLY BAD - with this inability to buy "safehouses" and yes, I am pissed of with Rockstar for that... 

some say they are useless... since now you can save a game easy anytime... OK, the save feature is nice, but hey, having a home - known as a "safhouse" - it was always something to look for, some secondary goal to work towards, something nice to own in a virtual world of GTA... yes, some are useless, in the sense there is not much to do in them, other than just walk around and admire your nice rooms, or change your clothing, or save in the garage vehicles and such... but even if it will be just that, why not have those "safehouses" available for us to buy and use as we like... first it gives us something to work for, some purpose to make the virtual money, so we can spend then on a nicer, bigger home... then why not see some progress, from a small apartment, to a condo, then to a nice home, then a villa, then a mansion and then why not a full voluptuous and fancy estate looking like a castle or palace, why not..??.. why not have a gym inside, or a tennis court we can use, or a mini garden-greenhouse we can use and nurture, or a mini TV theater, or a recording studio we can use, or a mini gaming room we can use, or gambling room with a poker table or such we can use, or a... but heck, I could go like this on and on....

why not have all of that and more, to give us something to work on even on the free play mode, after we finish the campaign with the story line.. yes, the story line is great, is a unique feature of GTA and I like it, but why not have something to do after that, I mean more than just races, and other quests that maybe on the map, why not work to have a better home - aka "safehouse" - to get a sense of accomplishment and progress even if we are in free play open world mode... why not..??..

some may say it's hard to do that, some may say it's not easy... well, they did it quite well in San Andreas, so it can be done... then what the heck, if they ask us for 60 USD for a copy of the game, they should do it, so what is hard?? its not easy either to come up with 60 USD to buy a legal copy.. I am sure some players saved their money, counted their money, cut of some other spending at the moment to be able to afford to pay this 60 USD to get a copy of the GTA V, so why not ask for a better game, if they ask this kind of price from us... and again, I am one of the lucky ones to make pretty good money in my every day life, so I could afford it, but I know same time for others it's not so easy to come up with 60 USD for this and even as a principle again, while other people around the world suffer from lack of food and live with under 1 USD per day, they are asking for 60 USD and keeping this price is disgusting, so why not ask for a better game, why not expect a better game if we pay that kind of money for it...

R* made billions - that is Billions in just a week... that is more than the budget of some countries

in the world, and that is from us, from gamers like me and you and others that decided to spend that kind of money to purchase a legal copy of their game, so why not ask and expect a better game....

I for one I am extremely disappointing with Rockstar because of this "safehouse" thing, because of the fact we can't purchase them it was something I was looking for to do, it was something I was exited to do once I am done with the story-line campaign... and I can't.. 

yet, they R* encouraged the confusion, they never made it clear - before they launched the game - we won't be able to buy "safehouses" and even after they launched and made their billions, like cowards they avoided the topic or to make some kind of official statements about it... I feel cheated and you should feel too... 

for those who are defending R* - stop defending Rockstar, they don't deserve it... they made tons of money because of you and me and others like us, but they didn't delivered a great game like it was expected and forecaster by their carefully engineered advertising campaigns...  so stop defending them and learn to ask more for your money... sure if you use your parents money or if it's a gift from someone else, you may not care so much, but either way stop defending them, Rosckstar disappointed all the fans and followers of the GTA series and that includes you too...

learn the value of your money, learn the value of the fact you are a paying customer and as such you should have high expectations, don't just accept and be happy with what ever they throw at us without holding them accountable, after all we pay their salaries by buying their products, so be aware of this and demand what you paid for... 

I expected a great game, as it was advertised, I expected some critical features, like from a known series, like from any franchise and I did my part, I purchased a legal copy - I could have gone other ways - but no, I did my part, I paid the price they asked me to and I got a good game, a fun game, nice and entertaining, but not a great game like I was expecting, not a great game like I was lead to believe GTA V will be...

sure, some may say that either way R* cannot make everyone happy, that they can't please everyone... and yes, I agree with this statement, but once again, they did it in San Andreas and they did it quite well... the concept of purchasing "safehouses" is already there, it's already done and it is liked by many, myself included... why not expand on this, build on this and make the game even better, make it maybe the greatest game there is.... 

some may say that as it is GTA V is already the greatest game there is... well if some of you truly believe that, then you have low expectations and you don't know how to value yourself as a paying customer or you don't value your money (or you didn't in fact spent your own money for this game)

bottom line, I just got the GTA V for PC and I am still playing as I am following this topic here, I do have fun, yes, I do enjoy it, yes, it's entertaining, yes... but something major is missing, to me at least... 

then I find myself going back to GTA IV and play the Liberty City a bit.. then, amazingly I find myself going back to San Andreas and I realize how good that concept is.. is not perfect, but is a great game concept... yes, now, in 2015, I still enjoy San Andreas...

well, I sure hope other game developers are watching this and learning and I sure hope they will soon come up with a better game... some they already did, it's just focused on military missions and action and not on the urban killing spread... but the concept is the same, open world, plenty of vehicles, great homes - and military bases - great weapons, not need to go there since they are focused on military action, great maps, great single and multiplayer campaigns as well as great free play mode too... I just hope they or other game developers like them will soon come up with their own version of a GTA and show Rockstar how in fact a great game look like... 

and they will, it;s just a matter of time...

peace out...  back to pimping my cars aiming for 100 % completion, since there is not much else to do...

Actually, they did allow us to buy safehouses in the beta version ( acc to online sources ), but for sone reason they dropped it. Likely due to garbage Online. I think if single player mode had more interiors be the unique safehouses, or other accessible ones like mall, etc then they would have had to make these available for Online kids as well. I am only talking about those interiors which would feature in both modes and work.
I don't understand why did they cut off certain types of interiors, is it because of performance issues they would create when these areas load Onine, or something else?

From SP point of view, GTA SA introduced a great amount of Safehouses to choose from. Around 29!

In V,
F begins with 1 safehouse which becomes unavailable after 'The Hotel Assassination' while unlocking a new one, so comes to just 1 permanent safe house in the end.

M begins with 1 which remains unavailable for 3 or 4 missions during the story but stays permanent otherwise. Total = Just 1.

T trailer remains unavailable for certain missions. Not sure about how long it stays accessible, either permanent later, or not.
Two other ones also become inaccessible after certain missions. I am not sure about T safehouses, as I didn't play much as T so can't be sure about the total. I guess, its two.

Basically, its really lame compared to the masterpiece GTA SA that Rockstar didn't even bother to offer more safehouses when you take into account the map size. More importantly, if they even allowed more custom garages on the maps to store your modded cars that would have really helped since
they are much more useful than safehouses in my opinion.

Slam_Jones
  • Slam_Jones

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2015 - 07:07 PM

I was not expecting a novel in this thread.

However, I think R* should just add the ability to buy the garages/safehouses already available in Online.  There's really no reason to restrict the number of cars available in SP.

• Lamborghini1335 and lolznc like this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 15 July 2015 - 08:39 PM

I can't help but notice that the two car safehouse in Online has all of Franklin's stuff in it...

Maibatsu545
  • Maibatsu545

veritas vos liberabit

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2015 - 09:00 PM

This thread is a fun read. It shows how delusional the fanboys were in 2013, trying as hard as possible to plug up any criticism about their precious game.

GTAV not having purchaseable safe houses was a massive fail. For f*cks sake even Vice Cit had that feature, and that came out 13 years ago.

New GTA games should not b stripping features that have no reason not to be included. There is no good excuse for not having purchaseable houses in this game.
  • A.O.D.88 likes this

Ghiby
  • Ghiby

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2015 - 10:05 PM Edited by Ghiby, 15 July 2015 - 10:45 PM.

thanks guys for your replies on supporting my case for Rockstar to have made available for purchase those "safehouses" in singleplayer and/or online

yes, it's a big flaw, a major flaw, they blew it big with this and they disappointed many fans and followers of GTA series... when I first realized I was confused, I said maybe I am doing something wrong, or maybe I didn't advanced enough to be able to buy a new safhouse... then I finished that Franklin mission and I got that nice home on the hills and I said to myself, what the heck?? how do I get more homes from now on?? 

then keep playing I was still kind of confused, thinking I am not doing something right, until I finally realized that no, in fact I cannot buy such a safehouse no matter what I do... so WTF is that..??.. this is BS and I mean MAJOR BS... 

then did some quick online research, check the ign, the gamespot and other websites and I found that indeed Rockstar blew it at a massive scale with this, they didn't in fact made more safehouses for us to buy for our characters... 

now I am very pissed off with R* for that and the worst part is that they don't care for us, for how we feel about it, they made their BILLIONS and they don't give a sh*t of us or how we feel about it... 

p.s.

@ SlamJones, hi bud' I'm glad you agree overall with us, but I didn't intended to post a novel, is more of presenting my case to other fans and flowers of GTA series, and if we are lucky maybe to some part of the Rockstar team that may monitor this forum and why not maybe some other game developers team members that in their research they also monitor the feed-back from gamers like us in forums like this one here...

I don't intend to write such long posts, but if I do, at least I want to speak my mind and let others know how I feel about this... this buying or not a safehouse in GTA is a hot topic, the PC version just came out not long ago, like me, many are just finding out about this BS, maybe many are still confused and not yet aware of what big mistake R* did with this

one thing is for sure, if and when they will come out with a new GTA, I will wait before I spend my dollars on their game, because I feel I was cheated this time with the GTA V... and for sure, I won't buy it if I find out we can't purchase in-game those safehouse...

I just hope, others will do the same and learn we all have being misled and in someways cheated with slick advertising campaigns for a great game that GTA V will be, yet we just a good game... 

I had high expectations from Rockstar with GTA V and next time I'll be very careful with how I spend my money on their game... I hope others will do the same...

I can't believe they went backwards with GTA V, it looks to me like the peak was San Andreas.. .as some of you said and know already purchasing in-game safehooses concept was introduced with Vice City and then beautifully expanded in San Andreas.. then, with GTA IV they somewhat kept the safehouses but with some other drawbacks (no 18 wheeler trucks, no planes, no nipples on strippers) and now, with GTA V no safshouses to buy at all... I still can't believe it... this is clearly going backwards in my humble opinion...

so they did it when they had a small office with not even 50 employees with Vice City, then they did it very nice with San Andreas, and now when they have BILLIONS, they invest millions in slick advertising campaigns to fool us they will launch a great game with the GTA V, yet they can't make those safehouses available for in-game purchase in GTA V...

WTF is that..??.. this is the biggest BS in the industry and I hope other game developers will give them a lesson, as Rockstar now is sitting nice and comfortable on BILLIONS made from fooling us... and they think we are stupid kids, treating us like we don't know what a nipple is on a stripper and exploiting the confusion some made about having a safehouse versus a home to rent for extra revenue... this is the biggest BS I've heard and we are part of it, because R* is BS'ing us...

peace out... 

A.O.D.88
  • A.O.D.88

Blue Eyes Matter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2015 - 10:07 PM

Rockstar took this feature away from Singleplayer and made it Online only! The reason they did this is because they care absolutely nothing for Singleplayer and are 120% focused on the Online!

You will never see purchasable safehouses in Singleplayer mode of a Rockstar open-world game ever again as they are rapidly becoming a permanent Online-multiplayer only developer!

And don't even think about getting this in a SP DLC for V because there is no SP DLC!
  • Sentinel Actual and DANIEL3GS like this

would GTA 5
  • would GTA 5

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2015 - 10:07 PM

Ghiby
  • Ghiby

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2015 - 10:36 PM

Rockstar took this feature away from Singleplayer and made it Online only! The reason they did this is because they care absolutely nothing for Singleplayer and are 120% focused on the Online!

You will never see purchasable safehouses in Singleplayer mode of a Rockstar open-world game ever again as they are rapidly becoming a permanent Online-multiplayer only developer!

And don't even think about getting this in a SP DLC for V because there is no SP DLC!

yes, you maybe right, it looks like R* don't care for singleplayer anymore and move their focus on online more and more, but this is sad news, as many, many players all over the world don't have an option to play online all the time... some can't afford to keep a high speed internet connection contract for their residence, some players in some countries don't even have access to high speed fiber optics connections - yes, I know, sure, the big chunk comes from US, and other developed countries, but still, even here in US a lot of regular people can't keep an internet connection going at their home... or they move from one place to another and don't have internet in between, or for what ever reason they just can't log in for online play...

even more, some - like myself, because of my job - are traveling a lot, I do have a powerful Allienware laptop for my gaming, but I travel a lot, I don't always have a good high speed internet connection, sometimes I can barely find some slow wireless connection that is acting like in dial up era - aka McDonald's and such - so anyway, like me I am sure many others are in similar positions, so still singleplayer is  and will always be a significant part of any game, GTA included, unless ISP's will offer free internet, the singleplayer mode will still be a valid option for many gamers

so why Rockstar eliminated this feature..??.. it makes no sense and it is going backwards...why eliminate a feature that users like and enjoy... is like getting a burger with no meat... or like getting a cake with no icing on top... or a nice car with no tires...  it makes no sense... other than less coding in the background of the game engine, so less work for them, it makes no sense...

• pilscy and A.O.D.88 like this

Mojave Courier
  • Mojave Courier

War, War never changes. Men do, through the roads they walk.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 July 2015 - 10:39 PM

I can't help but notice that the two car safehouse in Online has all of Franklin's stuff in it...

Re-use, like some of Floyd's stuff is used in the 6 car garage Interior.

Ghiby
  • Ghiby

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2015 - 09:44 PM Edited by Ghiby, 17 July 2015 - 09:48 PM.

I also just noticed in GTA V online, I just got few days ago, a first apartment for about 300 k or so, then once I got more money, I upgraded to the most expensive one, around 400 K and not only that I had to trade in the old one, but on top of it the new upgraded one had the same interior design like my previous one too, except the windows views are changed, but the fu@#ing interior is the same, nothing is changed, no new rooms, no new furniture, nothing new.. the garage is the exactly the same, so WFT is that..??..

sure, other than to spawn and keep the vehicles in the garage there is little use for it, but, in the light of this topic, "safehouses" used to be a nice thing to look for, to work on making money, so we can get a better one...

bottom line, not even the GTA V online is not offering multiple "safehouses" with multiple designs to choose from and enjoy and we can't even own more than just one... this is the biggest BS that Rockstar served us with... and we are all stupid, like they're treating us if we just take it with no problems...

I for one, I have a major problem with that, I am extremely disappointed because I am not able to own multiple "safehouses" in singleplayer and/or online, with multiple designs, in different locations and such... 

yes, the game is still fun, is still entertaining, yes there are still a lot of things to do and enjoy, but with "safehouses" will be much better...

I am not sure if I will spend more money on the next game coming out from Rockstar... 

and you guys just watch, the online will easily transform into a "pay to play" game, not only that we'll have to pay for a copy of the game right off the top, but we will soon have to pay for features for online... just watch and see... 

they don't care about us anymore... they are BILLIONAIRES now, and they will offer us what ever they want, NOT what we want...

that's why they focus 120% to online development, so we can become addicted to that and then they will come up with a "pay to play" system and we'll have to pay real money even more... you just watch and see... I hope I will be wrong, but I can smell it coming... 

not to mention they managed behind the closed doors to close the NFS World, the NFS online multiplayer version, just so they can dominate the car racing simulation for online-multiplayer...  it's not a coincidence that NFS World just closed few days ago, yes, on the 14 of July, they closed after 5 years... why?? because of pressure from R*, EA dropped a small gaming developer studio (named Lame Games from Europe) that was doing the coding for NFSW and now, R* with GTA V is the only one dominating the online multiplayer car racing games... so what's next.??.. soon we'll see a "pay to play" system in place for GTA V online... just watch...

• A.O.D.88 likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 18 July 2015 - 02:04 AM

I never liked being able to buy safehouses in SA or VC. The fact that you got a new save point aside, either you couldn't get into the interior or if it had the interior, it was just a generic one that was used for other safehouses. Very unoriginal. That and what purpose would the characters have to get a new house? Franklin and Trevor seemed content in living in that Rockford hills mansion and trailer respectively, and I can't imagine Michael getting a whole nother house without having to move his wife and kids.

NikoBellicGTAIV
  • NikoBellicGTAIV

Playa

• Members

Posted 18 July 2015 - 02:12 AM

I never liked being able to buy safehouses in SA or VC. The fact that you got a new save point aside, either you couldn't get into the interior or if it had the interior, it was just a generic one that was used for other safehouses. Very unoriginal. That and what purpose would the characters have to get a new house? Franklin and Trevor seemed content in living in that Rockford hills mansion and trailer respectively, and I can't imagine Michael getting a whole nother house without having to move his wife and kids.

The player, man. The player.

SuperGTFan
  • SuperGTFan

Big Homie

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 18 July 2015 - 02:15 AM Edited by SuperGTFan, 18 July 2015 - 02:15 AM.

The mobile phones are the safehouses in V.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 18 July 2015 - 04:42 AM Edited by Scaglietti, 18 July 2015 - 04:45 AM.

The mobile phones are the safehouses in V.

Wouldn't buying a scenic mansion in the hills be better than quicksaving in front of a house that you can't even enter? What is quicksave to me? Just a stupid gimmick. You can't even save in certain places in your car without loading the game up later only to find out that it despawned.
  • Choco Taco likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users