Photo

Cannot buy safehouses in SP - Rockstar

253 replies to this topic
The Made Man
  • The Made Man

Frank Matthews...The Guy that won...

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:23 PM

^^^I might as well. I'm not into multiplayer.

Hypertenzion
  • Hypertenzion

Prankster

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:34 PM

4:31 Mark - "Buy Los Santos Real Estate"

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=N-xHcvug3WI

They didn't state if it was MP exclusive or not - Only as in "gameplay" which could be both or just one of them..

Yes they did, its in the SINGLE PLAYER GAMEPLAY VIDEO.

What the f*ck is wrong with all of you saying "they didnt say you could buy safehouses"? they even showed us a guy looking for a apt in the video...you could only assume it was one of the protags, since they were showing the....you know what, nevermind...

Did they state that the "Grand Theft Auto V: Official Gameplay Video" contained singleplayer content exclusively? No, they didn't!

Vellocet
  • Vellocet

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:38 PM

4:31 Mark - "Buy Los Santos Real Estate"

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=N-xHcvug3WI

They didn't state if it was MP exclusive or not - Only as in "gameplay" which could be both or just one of them..

Yes they did, its in the SINGLE PLAYER GAMEPLAY VIDEO.

What the f*ck is wrong with all of you saying "they didnt say you could buy safehouses"? they even showed us a guy looking for a apt in the video...you could only assume it was one of the protags, since they were showing the....you know what, nevermind...

Did they state that the "Grand Theft Auto V: Official Gameplay Video" contained singleplayer content exclusively? No, they didn't!

They pratically did it when they said they would release an online gameplay trailer soon, if they said they would, then f*cking obviously that is SP gameplay.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

Soothe us with sweet lies...

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:42 PM Edited by Audiophile, 18 September 2013 - 03:42 PM.

And yet people are to blame for assuming that it did solely showcase SP because they treated SP and MP as two separate entities with two different videos to showcase each set of features?

I'm sorry, next time I will keep in mind that when I am watching a video showcasing a game's single player, that what is being shown is also multiplayer features.

Especially when at the end you hear "and then there is GTA: Online which we will be showing you properly soon".

"And then there is".

"And then".

Not to even mention the fact that they were telling us what we could spend our money on in SP that we earn through heists and so forth.

I am so sorry that I didn't clue in they were in fact showcasing multi as well. Seriously I love R* and V as much as the next fan but some of this dick riding is just ridiculous.

They mislead people or were simply not clear enough. It's partly on them that people thought there would be purchasable and usable residential homes, they are the devs, it's up to them to show us what is in the game and what isn't and make it clear.

• Jakee., NotYourAverageDrPhil and I_AM_ALWAYS_RIGHT like this

Aeternam
  • Aeternam

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:42 PM

Ok, but don't you think it's true that most people who bought the game, bought it for GTA V, and GTA online was just a bonus? 

We all wanted an amazing single player experience, and I don't think it makes sense to strip out meaningful elements of a single-player, open-world game

and implement them instead into a multiplayer portion, which none of us primarily bought the game for.

It doesn't make sense in this story, for Franklin for ex, even after he becomes wealthy, to continue living in that gross house with his aunt who constantly asks him for foot rubs. Especially since we know that Franklin seems to aspire to get out of that neighborhood. 

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

Soothe us with sweet lies...

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:44 PM

Ok, but don't you think it's true that most people who bought the game, bought it for GTA V, and GTA online was just a bonus? 

We all wanted an amazing single player experience, and I don't think it makes sense to strip out meaningful elements of a single-player, open-world game

and implement them instead into a multiplayer portion, which none of us primarily bought the game for.

It doesn't make sense in this story, for Franklin for ex, even after he becomes wealthy, to continue living in that gross house with his aunt who constantly asks him for foot rubs. Especially since we know that Franklin seems to aspire to get out of that neighborhood. 

I agree with all you said but Franklin does unlock a new safehouse through the storyline. Franklin and Trevor acquire new safe-houses as you progress through the story. Franklin only ever has two (starter home and the one through the story) and Trevor has 2-3, I believe. Not sure as I haven't gotten that far yet but someone that has had told me that.

Again, I very much look forward to Online and it's looking great but I buy GTA games for the SP experience. Features shouldn't be cut out of SP and just put into MP.

• baskerwil and Aeternam like this

Aeternam
  • Aeternam

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:46 PM

Awesome. I didn't know that, (only played a little bit last night) but that is some good news at least! Thanks :)

GTAFan0913
  • GTAFan0913

Trick

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:52 PM

Can you stay at hotels? 

AlienWillHeMonsta
  • AlienWillHeMonsta

Prankster

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:02 PM

All this fake boohooing. Like anyone used most of the safe house in San Andreas. :panic:

Oh now I can BUY a hangar and STORE aircraft in it. Did Rockstar lie to me?

• ActionBronson likes this

Edward-Is-A-Flunky45
  • Edward-Is-A-Flunky45

Frazy as Cruck

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:13 PM

OK, I just watched the Gameplay trailer again. This the quote where they say real estate and show the Dynasty 8 website.

"You decide what to spend your money on, anything from sensible investments like tattoos and fast cars, to risky ventures like stocks and Los Santos real estate. And then there's Grand Theft Auto Online, which we will show you properly soon."

From this it makes me believe that real estate is purchasable in SP, not Online, because the way they describe it, it's separate. But, we know how things can change, since in the first previews properties weren't in at all! Now they've come out with this comment, maybe they made real estate Online only, since they want it to be dynamic, and Online will be our world, whereas in SP the safehouses are related to M, F & T's storyline. If that makes sense.

Sometimes I hate you, sometimes I love you. This is when I love you. 

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:29 PM Edited by Official General, 18 September 2013 - 04:35 PM.

@ Distrom

And you know the frightening thing ? If the gaming industry keeps going this way on a massive scale, to the point it hinders the progress of great SP games like GTA, then.........

Guys like me will end up quitting playing games. I'm telling the truth, I know I probably would, I'm just not into MP in a major way. GTA's SP experience is actually THE main reason why I'm still into gaming. I'm a traditional gamer who prefers a great SP experience over MP and believe me, there are a huge many other gamers like me out there. It could end up being very damaging for gaming industry, rather than further develop it. 

In way, Rockstar have sold out, it's not hard to see why people would think this. GTA V Online has like 500 missions, you can buy safehouses, you can even sell drugs. So much more, NONE of which is in the SP. These are the kind of features that should be a GTA staple, and it would have made sure we would have been more than satisfied with the game. It's insane when you consider it's for the SP that many people love GTA in the damn first place !

Rockstar sold out! They're focusing more on the online than SP. F*ck!

They didn't "sold out"

This is the way the gaming industry is going, if you don't like it, then you should quit playing games.

• Ronrollin9434, Boxman108 and I_AM_ALWAYS_RIGHT like this

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

Frank Matthews...The Guy that won...

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:31 PM

@Official General

Agreed...

• Boxman108 likes this

mattneutron
  • mattneutron

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:41 PM

OK, I just watched the Gameplay trailer again. This the quote where they say real estate and show the Dynasty 8 website.

"You decide what to spend your money on, anything from sensible investments like tattoos and fast cars, to risky ventures like stocks and Los Santos real estate. And then there's Grand Theft Auto Online, which we will show you properly soon."

From this it makes me believe that real estate is purchasable in SP, not Online, because the way they describe it, it's separate. But, we know how things can change, since in the first previews properties weren't in at all! Now they've come out with this comment, maybe they made real estate Online only, since they want it to be dynamic, and Online will be our world, whereas in SP the safehouses are related to M, F & T's storyline. If that makes sense.

THIS

"You decide what to spend your money on, anything from sensible investments like tattoos and fast cars, to risky ventures like stocks and Los Santos real estate. And then there's Grand Theft Auto Online, which we will show you properly soon."

I have come to the realization that its just a miscommunication based on peoples perception of what

"Properties" and "real estate" from the Dynasty 8 site 

Singleplayer = Businesses  = earn you money

Multiplayer = Safe houses = Hang outs

And then there are the Garages as well.

Any ways its nice to have for Online as I think that is where i will spend all my time once I get 100%.

TheApparentlyGullibleGamer
  • TheApparentlyGullibleGamer

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:00 PM Edited by TheApparentlyGullibleGamer, 18 September 2013 - 05:15 PM.

The bottom line is R* never were clear on anything, and the previews were built to fuel rumors and hype.

Oh sure "They never said the non-commercial houses couldn't be bought to not be used as anything more than not a fully detailled interior without the possibility to save your game in it."

Oh man I get it now, the preview makes perfect sense now!!

I must've been stupid enough to watch the videos and think that they were actually advertising the game and responding to LEGITIMATE EXPECTATIONS, instead of parading around a bunch of things that countless people requested, but never *quite* made it the way they were advertised to?

All the people who are saying "They never said this, they never said that" you are basically saying, "it's the customer's job to filter out the bullsh*t, the company can show off whatever they want, it's not their problem if you decide to pay for it in the end."

A franchise like GTA doesn't need to trick people into believing what they want is in the game, they will sell trainloads of games anyway.

They are just ruining their name doing this.

Were are the hydraulics to put on your cars?

Oh yeah....another "online only" feature, or so I've read.

I bought the game because I wanted to acquire cars, slam them on hydros and stash them into my garages which is what I missed most about San Andreas.

I watch the preview and I see classics dragging rear bumpers downtown I'm like HELL YEAH and then guess what?

Why is the back of the case saying "GTA ONLINE ALSO INCLUDED" like it was the amazing bonus that you can choose to enhance your gaming experience with (which it should be, I'm not knocking it down), when what they actually mean is "GTA SINGLE PLAYER ALSO INCLUDED".

Make both games the same instead of tricking kids by misleading them with previews then replying later with "We never said this, we never said that".

Make both games the SAME.

Why go through the trouble of finding voice actors and scripting missions and polishing a single player experience if you're gonna f*cking cut half the features out of it?

Wake up, although a good portion of players will go online, the vast majority of us bought it to chill alone playing it and that's where most of the money we give you really is.

• krazy_fool_X, Tampinha85 and NotYourAverageDrPhil like this

bikemike
  • bikemike

#YOLO

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:08 PM

Why is the back of the case saying "GTA ONLINE ALSO INCLUDED" like it was the amazing bonus that you can choose to enhance your gaming experience with (which it should be, I'm not knocking it down), when what they actually mean is "GTA SINGLE PLAYER ALSO INCLUDED".

lol

Silakai
  • Silakai

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:58 PM

Okay. First off, i'm fairly certain that gtav.net is not an official website. A lot of people bought domains anticipating the release of games so that they could have an official looking website. Next, safehouses were definitely included in the game at one point in development. The picture released was of a safehouse that you could buy. If you go to the safehouses you will see the same dynasty 8 property advertisement board that is at the real estate available now. They have foreclosure written across them so you cannot purchase them. Lastly, if you purchased the special or collectors edition then you will notice that the included blueprint style map has many safehouses marked. This shows that safehouses were included at one point in development. Now I can think of several reasons why they're not available now. I will list them in order of likelihood (in my opinion of course).

-They decided that it was too much work to build the insides of so many safehouses and scrapped them.

-They're all released as mission rewards as Franklin's house in the hills was.

-You will gain the ability to purchase safehouses later in the storyline.

If you have beaten the game then please confirm these two.

-They decided to release the ability to purchase safehouses as a dlc later to make more money.

-They're simply still working on it and will release it as a patch (hence the dynasty 8 website is under construction)

It is annoying that I preordered this game to make sure that I could play it first day only to find so many features missing on the first day. Ignoring the fact that the ifruit app is only released for apple products so far, this is the first time I've seen a game missing obvious gameplay aspects. I hope they fix this and release it soon. I would love to have more safehouses.

ninjasonredbull
  • ninjasonredbull

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:37 AM

youtube.com/watch?v=ATKZg_21AIo

30 missions in gta v i bought this safehouse with franklin

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Carrera ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:52 AM

youtube.com/watch?v=ATKZg_21AIo

30 missions in gta v i bought this safehouse with franklin

:O Wow! I don't even care anymore. Franklin can own this beautiful modern mansion and Michael has a mansion. I take back what I said, this is crazy! Just wish it had a bigger garage but I'm sure there are big garages to buy right?

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:30 AM

I've changed my mind now. I'm okay with not buying so many properties to live in, I'm glad as Franklin, we can upgrade our safehouse to luxury one unlocked via missions. 

If we can buy property to rent out for cash profit, then that is all good with me. I just wish we could enter the fast food restaurants.

• ActionBronson likes this

bikemike
  • bikemike

#YOLO

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:32 AM

Dafuq
To eat Virtual burger???
Get a Life

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:42 AM Edited by Official General, 20 September 2013 - 11:50 AM.

You obviously don't get what I mean. And since you don't then there is no point in explaining it to you, as you will not have the intelligence to understand. 

Dafuq
To eat Virtual burger???
Get a Life

TheRealBars
  • TheRealBars

Getaway Driver

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:48 AM

I just don't like the location of Franklins new safehouse.. sure its very nice looking up there, but it is out of the way of.. everything!

I loved his south LS house.. felt like you were in the center of everything.

shadowrider1
  • shadowrider1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:11 PM

It't true I just got this from the newswire. Rockstar trolled the SH*T out of us in the gameplay trailer... WTF. 

6y1lret.png

In Single Player, you buy safehouses on GTA Online. They said that since the first preview. You cannot buy properties on SP. But you can in mp. Did you miss the abc class, or I assume you're just stupid ?

noo bullsh*t they said you can buy properties such as safe houses.garages,marina etc in the preview they gave game informer and also in the gameplay trailer at the end when it says after a heist you can choose what you wanna spend your money on they literally showed the website where you can buy house and sh*t like that they f*cking piss me off this is such a let down 

• Hypertenzion likes this

matty_0308
  • matty_0308

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:42 AM

Here is a link to the single player trailer, "http://www.youtube.c...h?v=vIUX1CzVA44", if you jump to 5:30 it says that you can buy real estate which can be the buildings and shops currently available to buy on the game. When it shows you in a safe house that has been purchased it is showing online gameplay, if you watch the multiplayer trailer, "http://www.youtube.c...h?v=3wSrjYdEgQg" and skip to 1:40 it says you can buy apartments.

R* haven't really lied they've just been a bit deceitful with their single player trailer, making people think they can buy houses in SP when really they are only available in MP.

poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:34 AM

Here is a link to the single player trailer, "http://www.youtube.c...h?v=vIUX1CzVA44", if you jump to 5:30 it says that you can buy real estate which can be the buildings and shops currently available to buy on the game. When it shows you in a safe house that has been purchased it is showing online gameplay, if you watch the multiplayer trailer, "http://www.youtube.c...h?v=3wSrjYdEgQg" and skip to 1:40 it says you can buy apartments.

R* haven't really lied they've just been a bit deceitful with their single player trailer, making people think they can buy houses in SP when really they are only available in MP.

That's what you call 'a lie'.

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Let's Bounce

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:43 AM

Bam.

This is exactly why they placed the businesses part before the GTA Online part. Everyone just hyped things too much and thought it was safehouses in singleplayer while it was businesses (they also classify as real estate) and then safehouses in GTA Online. That's why the narrator said "And then there's GTA Online" right after the businesses part.

Jakee.
  • Jakee.

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:55 AM Edited by Jakee., 22 September 2013 - 11:56 AM.

Bam.

This is exactly why they placed the businesses part before the GTA Online part. Everyone just hyped things too much and thought it was safehouses in singleplayer while it was businesses (they also classify as real estate) and then safehouses in GTA Online. That's why the narrator said "And then there's GTA Online" right after the businesses part.

But that's bollocks, sorry I agree with most of stuff you post but it showed a house, not a business. We can't even access the Dynasty8 house-finder. The Avery website is the exact same and has the functionality, but that is only used for a side-mission. Like I have said in another mission, visit any house with a Dynasty8 real-estate sign and drive up to the garage, the bloody thing opens. I'm actually hoping people have a dig into the code and see what's up there. 

I still avidly believe they were in but a serious bug meant they were cut. Only time will tell, it is probably very hard to allow players to have many houses and garages without having to load the interior seperately, also probably hard to get cars you store in a garage to stay but they had it spot on with parking spaces in IV so I really can't see why much will have changed.

As for the screen being from GTA:Online, you know what it's entirely possible.. but I really don't think Rockstar would ever purposely mislead their fans, they are a loving developer and one of few who still care about their fans: GTA V is a prime example of how much they care as its practically everything a GTA Fan would want.

Oh, and the whole garage issue is a lot worse at the airport, I am pretty sure those execs in your hangar go joyriding while you're away. ;-)

baskerwil
  • baskerwil

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:42 PM

I would just prefer they either disabled Dynasty8 in SP all together, so you get a "Not found" error, or at least locked the mansion gates. It's just silly that you can enter and drive in to every single mansion driveway. Gates are there for a reason.

kasa
  • kasa

Thug

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:55 PM

I just don't like the location of Franklins new safehouse.. sure its very nice looking up there, but it is out of the way of.. everything!

I loved his south LS house.. felt like you were in the center of everything.

yes, exactly, I don't understand why can't have the South LS house anymore, anyone knows if we get it back later in the story?

gtamad8
  • gtamad8

The Miracle

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:19 PM

My theory is that the game will have it's first patch/upgrade when GTA:O comes out which will include safehouses in singleplayer

• AndrewDeSanta likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users