Cannot buy safehouses in SP - Rockstar

253 replies to this topic
StingrayX
  • StingrayX

♢ Las Venturas ♢

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:34 AM

I hope they realize people are made about this.

Fallout3
  • Fallout3

Cereal Killer

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:00 PM Edited by Fallout3, 18 September 2013 - 12:15 PM.

This is ridiculous. Half a decade of development and they ignore almost all  the most requested features. People wanted more interiors, Rockstar removes more. People want safehouses to spend their money on, Rockstar tricks us into believing we can purchase them and doesn't add the feature (and why the f*ck is it on the blueprint map if we can't buy them?). What a let down.

• niseek likes this

StingrayX
  • StingrayX

♢ Las Venturas ♢

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:04 PM

This is ridiculous. Half a decade of development and they ignore almost all fan requets. People wanted more interiors, Rockstar removes more. People want safehouses to spend their money on, Rockstar tricks us into believing we can purchase them and doesn't add the feature (and why the f*ck is it on the blueprint map if we can't buy them?). What a let down.

Yeah. I wish I would've just forgotten about V til now so that I wouldn't have had to read the updates and misleading previews. Then I would approach the game not disappointed. That's what I did with IV, but oh well this time.

Hypertenzion
  • Hypertenzion

Prankster

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:11 PM

This is ridiculous. Half a decade of development and they ignore almost all fan requets. People wanted more interiors, Rockstar removes more. People want safehouses to spend their money on, Rockstar tricks us into believing we can purchase them and doesn't add the feature (and why the f*ck is it on the blueprint map if we can't buy them?). What a let down.

It's likely that most (if not all) the missing features are only available in GTA Online or as DLCs - Which sucks big time and makes me do the exact opposite than they intended: Not acquiring the game + future games from them.

steve bambar
  • steve bambar

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:21 PM

what a f*cked up company

GTA Master Blaster
  • GTA Master Blaster

JustMe

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:53 PM

4:31 Mark - "Buy Los Santos Real Estate"

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=N-xHcvug3WI

J Hater
  • J Hater

Crows

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:02 PM

I thought someone had a blueprint map with safe houses represented as triangles. Was that photoshopped or something?

Nope it's real I have one

And are they safe houses or what?

Hypertenzion
  • Hypertenzion

Prankster

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:17 PM

They didn't state if it was MP exclusive or not - Only as in "gameplay" which could be both or just one of them..

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:33 PM

You could not have said this any better  :^:

I'm really beginning to fear that Rockstar are allowing GTA to be influenced by this stupid, over-hyped online, multiplayer bullsh*t. All the great stuff in this game seems to be on MP and not SP. GTA shines best on SP, it's one of the few games around that really do shine on SP. Rockstar are looking like they are selling out on this one. I wanted a great single player experience in GTA with everything possible, not the best stuff to be shipped onto MP which I don't really play. 

These stupid f**ks at Rockstar don't seem to understand it's the SP experience that got them their massive armies of fans in the first place. Now they wanna sell themselves out for that multiplayer bullsh*t.

Probably because R* is always f*cking up tbh.  

Lack of property and ways to blow money were the biggest grouches/development no-brainers for R*; and after a half decade of development, they made the same exact mistakes again.  Even worse, it wasn't a mistake.  It was just to milk the fanbase for money through DLC and degrading the balance between SP and MP gameplay in typical EA shyster fashion.  Keep in mind that a proper SP is what drew a lot of folks to the series.  So I wouldn't exactly dismiss the fan concern as unreasonable.  V is a great game.  But at no time tonight did it scream 5 years worth of development effort and fan satisfaction.

• Boxman108 likes this

GoldenRockstar
  • GoldenRockstar

LolBurn v2

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:39 PM

I told you so.

http://gtaforums.com...even-confirmed/

NHL1988
  • NHL1988

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:51 PM

What a disappointment. I was really looking forward to buying more houses for more garage space.

ChpokXxX
  • ChpokXxX

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:36 PM

All I can say:

Fail of the years edition.

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:39 PM

You could not have said this any better  :^:

I'm really beginning to fear that Rockstar are allowing GTA to be influenced by this stupid, over-hyped online, multiplayer bullsh*t. All the great stuff in this game seems to be on MP and not SP. GTA shines best on SP, it's one of the few games around that really do shine on SP. Rockstar are looking like they are selling out on this one. I wanted a great single player experience in GTA with everything possible, not the best stuff to be shipped onto MP which I don't really play. 

These stupid f**ks at Rockstar don't seem to understand it's the SP experience that got them their massive armies of fans in the first place. Now they wanna sell themselves out for that multiplayer bullsh*t.

Probably because R* is always f*cking up tbh.  

Lack of property and ways to blow money were the biggest grouches/development no-brainers for R*; and after a half decade of development, they made the same exact mistakes again.  Even worse, it wasn't a mistake.  It was just to milk the fanbase for money through DLC and degrading the balance between SP and MP gameplay in typical EA shyster fashion.  Keep in mind that a proper SP is what drew a lot of folks to the series.  So I wouldn't exactly dismiss the fan concern as unreasonable.  V is a great game.  But at no time tonight did it scream 5 years worth of development effort and fan satisfaction.

I wouldn't say that exactly.  I love the fact that there's been a lot of effort put into multiplayer.  My friends and I have had fun in GTA4 and Red Dead Redemption/Undead Nightmare, but neither were really deep enough for anything too interesting.  However, the fact that the gimped out on the singleplayer in order to do this is what is aggravating to me.  Singleplayer should come before anything in the multiplayer in terms of effort.

Tampinha85
  • Tampinha85

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:51 PM Edited by Tampinha85, 18 September 2013 - 02:55 PM.

They didn't state if it was MP exclusive or not - Only as in "gameplay" which could be both or just one of them..

Yes they did, its in the SINGLE PLAYER GAMEPLAY VIDEO.

What the f*ck is wrong with all of you saying "they didnt say you could buy safehouses"? they even showed us a guy looking for a apt in the video...you could only assume it was one of the protags, since they were showing the....you know what, nevermind...

Monty Mantis
  • Monty Mantis

Resident F*ckin' Professional

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:52 PM

UNF*CKING BELIVEABLE! I like GTA: O, but don't cut sh*t out FOR IT!

I still love this game but F*CK!

gta513
  • gta513

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:54 PM

As much as im enjoying the game i cant believe this, makes me feel like they cut alot of corners in sp

Goodman88
  • Goodman88

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:55 PM

I HATE to be rude but are you retarded or something?

What the f*ck is wrong with all of you saying "they didnt say you could buy safehouses"? they even showed us a guy looking for a apt in the video...

They didn't say you could buy safe houses.

No, seriously, they didn't say that. You could buy PROPERTY, including HOUSES, but no SAFEHOUSES. It's ambiguous, and not surprising that people are confused, but they have not lied.

• Hypertenzion likes this

darkdayz
  • darkdayz

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:57 PM

I really don't mind as there are properties you can buy from actually going there on the map. It's just that they sold us it on the single player gameplay trailer than you could delve into a world of real estate.

Unless, when they release online, it all comes in the download. Obviously safehouses are biased to the characters in single player, so once you have your own player, it will all be open. I just don't understand, I enjoy single player way more than multiplayer.

Tampinha85
  • Tampinha85

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:58 PM Edited by Tampinha85, 18 September 2013 - 03:01 PM.

I HATE to be rude but are you retarded or something?

What the f*ck is wrong with all of you saying "they didnt say you could buy safehouses"? they even showed us a guy looking for a apt in the video...

They didn't say you could buy safe houses.

No, seriously, they didn't say that. You could buy PROPERTY, including HOUSES, but no SAFEHOUSES. It's ambiguous, and not surprising that people are confused, but they have not lied.

Come on man, they were showing SP (at the end they even teased us about the MP), they showed the player looking for a beach apt, really...you could only assume they were talking about SP, its misleading, im not going to hate them but come on...

Anyway, im tired of this subject, but its really game breaking (at least for me), whats the point of making all that money if you are going to live in a trailer park the entire game....

GTAaLEX117
  • GTAaLEX117

Cynical Optimist

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:59 PM Edited by GTAaLEX117, 18 September 2013 - 03:01 PM.

This is ridiculous. Half a decade of development and they ignore almost all  the most requested features. People wanted more interiors, Rockstar removes more. People want safehouses to spend their money on, Rockstar tricks us into believing we can purchase them and doesn't add the feature (and why the f*ck is it on the blueprint map if we can't buy them?). What a let down.

So safehouses and interiors are the most requested features? Not the big map with environmental diversity, or the huge varied sandbox? The ones you're talking about were probably some of the smallest requests.

And you get GTA:O for free anyway...

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:08 PM

So safehouses and interiors are the most requested features? Not the big map with environmental diversity, or the huge varied sandbox? The ones you're talking about were probably some of the smallest requests.

Those were a given, thus don't count as most requested.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

And your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth...

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:09 PM

Yes and most of us really look forward to GTA: O. I certainly do.

But that's not the goddamn point, the point is the SP should be just as important, if not more because once the story is done it's fun to go around and just have things to do, to buy, to make you feel like you worked for something.

I don't think I am the only one who really wanted to buy a nice beach-house somewhere on the map. People have wanted to have the ability to buy safehouses since they were missing in IV. At least you can acquire them in the story with Franklin and Trevor.

And seriously, that gameplay video WAS showcasing the features of the single-player game. The Online gameplay video is what showed off the features of Online. Two separate goddamn videos and entities.

If you put in a sequence into a video showing off single player, where you are told "buy real estate" and see a goddamn house with "purchase property" right next to it I don't think you need to specifically go out and then say "gais u can haz buy teh residential homes lul". Did you need them to come right out and tell you that you can do bounties? No, because it was shown to you and you were told in the damn gameplay video.

So people can be forgiven for thinking they would be able to to purchase residential properties, it was right there in their face clear as day. It's R*'s fault for misleading people like that or simply not making clear what the actual feature was.

That being said, the game is still amazing and I am enjoying every moment of it.

GTAaLEX117
  • GTAaLEX117

Cynical Optimist

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:11 PM

Those were a given, thus don't count as most requested.

They were definitely not, especially during the GTA IV days. They were part of the requests.

Bladerskb
  • Bladerskb

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:13 PM

You gta fanboys and your R* nutgagging are phenominal.

First of all that thatdirehit guy is the most idiotic full trolling fanboy i have ever come across. Why can't you simply understand that rockstar said we can buy houses. Houses are personal home to live in. Not a bussiness. Now you say, well we can but them but they said nothing about entering them. They are for rent.

Plausible but here comes your nutgagging fanwhoring when you are asked. There is no house to buy in the game. Plus the dynasty 8 site to buy them is down. Not working. you fking troll. No one person have ever come up to a house but your nuthugging self. Emphasis on house you retarded. Not business. House. Personal home you phag,

Now go fking dlrrp. Before I find you and make you sleep with the fishs. You social degerate fanwhoew.

pokemon4ever
  • pokemon4ever

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:13 PM

How long though, next gen is on the horizon and I'm sure V will eventually come out for them. How long do you think they will keep the free servers up? It's all about making $ and R* knows what's up.

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

Frank Matthews...The Guy that won...

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:16 PM

Rockstar sold out! They're focusing more on the online than SP. F*ck!

Johan.
  • Johan.

Legen, wait for it... dary.

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:17 PM

How long though, next gen is on the horizon and I'm sure V will eventually come out for them. How long do you think they will keep the free servers up? It's all about making $ and R* knows what's up.

Seems legit, the same rumors were said about online BEFORE it was revealed.. and now even after they stated it was free you guys still continue saying this? Drop it already, if they wanted money they would make DLCs which is obvious there will be.

NYdreamz
  • NYdreamz

Born Sinner

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:20 PM

well it seems like gta cares alot about online this year.... i have no problem with that it looks amazing

but anything that be can unlocked online should be in the single player as well...

its only right...

GTAaLEX117
  • GTAaLEX117

Cynical Optimist

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:20 PM

With their apparent plans of adding in more and more terrain and more and more things to do, probably a couple of years. I'd imagine they would incorporate all of the features from MP into the SP one of these days, before the servers go down. Hopefully.

But then again, how are we certain that once GTA:O launches, the houses won't also become usable in SP? It's the same map after all.

Distrom
  • Distrom

Master Of Puppets

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:22 PM

Rockstar sold out! They're focusing more on the online than SP. F*ck!

They didn't "sold out"

This is the way the gaming industry is going, if you don't like it, then you should quit playing games.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users