Photo

Cannot buy safehouses in SP - Rockstar

253 replies to this topic
dp415263
  • dp415263

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:31 AM

I'm sorry Rockstar fanboys but GTA online will be the downfall of GTA. Multiplayer games are just garbage.

Than stick to your single player you entitled post 9/11 retard.

Oh boohoo don't get  angry at me because I have the balls to say that this game is a let down.

• Malndor likes this

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:33 AM Edited by canttakemyid, 18 September 2013 - 06:36 AM.

PERKELE.

People on this forum always complaining.

Probably because R* is always f*cking up tbh.  

Lack of property and ways to blow money were the biggest grouches/development no-brainers for R*; and after a half decade of development, they made the same exact mistakes again.  Even worse, it wasn't a mistake.  It was just to milk the fanbase for money through DLC and degrading the balance between SP and MP gameplay in typical EA shyster fashion.  Keep in mind that a proper SP is what drew a lot of folks to the series.  So I wouldn't exactly dismiss the fan concern as unreasonable.  V is a great game.  But at no time tonight did it scream 5 years worth of development effort and fan satisfaction.

• saintsrow likes this

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:34 AM Edited by canttakemyid, 18 September 2013 - 06:35 AM.

*double post*

stockwiz
  • stockwiz

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:37 AM Edited by stockwiz, 18 September 2013 - 06:41 AM.

Sad truth is that online will not be the downfall of any game company. Online is the future because it's a cash cow, prevents piracy, and enables the use of micro-transactions to nickel and dime people out of more cash. These things are planned out way ahead of time. If there really are lots of properties to purchase once the game goes 'online' I'll be satisfied.

This is why I don't buy games on day one, but wait a few months or longer for all the bugs and things to sort out, and the pc version of course (or PS4)

HitPoint
  • HitPoint

<3

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:39 AM Edited by HitPoint, 18 September 2013 - 06:40 AM.

I'm sorry Rockstar fanboys but GTA online will be the downfall of GTA. Multiplayer games are just garbage.

Than stick to your single player you entitled post 9/11 retard.

Oh boohoo don't get  angry at me because I have the balls to say that this game is a let down.

Yeah i'm so afraid of bitching like a twat on a fan forum about pixels that you look at for 2 minute.. Wahhh I need extra pixels to change my clothes and watch static tv, wahhhh.

josephene123
  • josephene123

No

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:40 AM

I hope GTA Online flops just so Rockstar learn a lesson, this is f*cking ridiculous. It's just like some of the content being locked behind social club or the iFruit app (which Android users and people with no internet can't even get right now)

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

GTA0: Unreal on Wheels

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:41 AM

PERKELE.

People on this forum always complaining.

Probably because R* is always f*cking up tbh.  

Lack of property and ways to blow money were the biggest grouches/development no-brainers for R*; and after a half decade of development, they made the same exact mistakes again.  Even worse, it wasn't a mistake.  It was just to milk the fanbase for money through DLC and degrading the balance between SP and MP gameplay in typical EA shyster fashion.  Keep in mind that a proper SP is what drew a lot of folks to the series.  So I wouldn't exactly dismiss the fan concern as unreasonable.  V is a great game.  But at no time tonight did it scream 5 years worth of development effort and fan satisfaction.

:^:  Well said.  I can't figure out if they got pressed for time again and had to leave stuff out, or if they really designed the game like this.  It could happen that GTA:O will be so significantly different and rich with things to do, that it has value of its own, but I can't see it making up for obvious omissions from SP and the fundamental GTAV that we had a right to expect. 

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:42 AM

Who really cares? We have 3 safehouses already to start with, and so far in storyline progression I have unlocked a safehouse location along the beach anyway...

Malndor
  • Malndor

!?

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:48 AM

Sad truth is that online will not be the downfall of any game company.

Xboned.

Double_facepalm.jpg

lefantome
  • lefantome

Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:49 AM

That's the new fingerkess gloves.

I hope they will add houses and fast foods and functionin hot dogs stands

G_Unit_G_Unit
  • G_Unit_G_Unit

G_Unit G_Unit

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:51 AM

Rockstar can go f*ck themselves and there online in the asshole

Ronrollin9434
  • Ronrollin9434

Grotti Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:59 AM Edited by Ronrollin9434, 18 September 2013 - 07:04 AM.

I would at least wish the businesses are enterable... and require some sort of continual management in order to assure we get our money. Management would add a whole new dynamic to purchasable property, for sure.

There are a lot of simple things Rockstar could add/fix to make this game the best game ever on Earth:

1. enterable restaurants (fast food)

2. nclude formal, fancy restaurants

3. allow Michael to take his wife out places

4.  a poker/hold em in SP and online that is identical to RDR - along with blackjack and slots

5. more noticable car damage

6. slow down acceleration of cars just a tiny bit

7. purchasable real estate that serve as safe houses (not too many, but some)

8. ability to buy dope from dealers on the street

9. ability to sell drugs to people (drug selling mini game)

10. ability to rob houses at night (would really make good use of stealth mode)

11. gang wars and waves of gang members come towards you

• niseek and cheetah_7 like this

Goodman88
  • Goodman88

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:11 AM

Some people already said it: Rockstar NEVER mentioned something about buying SAFE HOUSES. They said you could buy (invest in) PROPERTY, including HOUSES. Which means you can invest your money in real estate, businesses and stock.

You know what, I actually like the idea you can not buy property to be used as safe houses. I remember in GTA SA you bought a house, and that was it. It meant absolutely nothing and served no purpose other than, of course, saving your game and changing clothes. The fact that you can only buy them as an investment will make it a lot more dynamic. You will need to make sensible decisions about what to do with your money, and think about what to do with the real estate you bought. I think it fits perfectly well with the recent economic crisis caused in part by a real estate crisis.

Now of course it has to be worked out well. You should see price trends and have the ability to hire out your property (mortgages would probably make things too complicated for some).

Punk Noodles
  • Punk Noodles

Playa

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:13 AM

You guys do realize that the gameplay trailer was a GAMEPLAY trailer, right? Not a single player trailer, but a gameplay trailer. The gameplay is part of Online too. 

Gameplay.

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Thug

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:21 AM

lol at the Rockstar apologists making lame excuses for this bs.

Reminds me of everything that pretty much got ripped out between Saints Row 2 and 3.  3 is a hell of a lot more lackluster in terms of meaningful content.  Sure there are a ton of businesses to buy, but they are completely useless and only give you ridiculous amounts of cash that you don't really need for anything.  2 had at least a handful of cribs that were expensive on their own and could be upgraded to look nicer for even more money.

GTA may have more depth than those games in general, but buying properties just to make more money when there's not anything meaningful or interactive to spend it on afterwards seems to just be padding to me.

• Ronrollin9434 likes this

NotYourAverageDrPhil
  • NotYourAverageDrPhil

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:42 AM

Not cool how R did that, but it's not a game breaker for me. There are plenty of things to do in GTA V and i'm enjoying every second of it :)

That's how I feel too. Disappointing, but it will take a lot more than a few lies from Rockstar to make me stop loving this game. :)

Dirty_White_Boy
  • Dirty_White_Boy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:49 AM

Wow, a lot of people cannot distinguish properly between property and safe houses. 

I own real estate in real life, as you referred to it simply as "property". You don't buy property without going inside and checking it out. I can go inside when it's not being rented and when it is I can still go in and do inspections, repairs, ect.

This isn't real life you c*nt, it's a VIDEO GAME! Running on 8 y/o hardware. Grow a backbone people, this isn't f*cking second life.

Thats where you are totally wrong,  a gigantic open world game is exactly like a 2nd life.    A place where you can completely immerse yourself and live another life outside the missions and the narrative.    Those cocksuckers at Rocktstar lied to us again and havent learnt sh*t from GTA IV which was a trainwreck of a game. 

Why should i the player make millions of dollars if all i can buy is cars and clothes?

This is why Bethesda remain the undisputed kings of the open world experience,   every house you see you can enter and 95% of them have unique interiors.   They put just as much effort into the interiors as the game world if not more. 

Another thing i noticed is that the Ammunation stores all look the same on the inside no matter where you go,   in SA i remember that each Ammunation store had a unique interior which was really nice but now they have just gotten plain lazy and dont give a sh*t anymore.

Why spend 5 years and 250 million dollars on a massive world with tons of nice buildings if you can hardly enter any of them?

Ever since Rockstar switched to ps3 and xbox 360 the series has gone downhill

• DarrinPA and Hypertenzion like this

stockwiz
  • stockwiz

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:50 AM

lol at the Rockstar apologists making lame excuses for this bs.

Reminds me of everything that pretty much got ripped out between Saints Row 2 and 3.  3 is a hell of a lot more lackluster in terms of meaningful content.  Sure there are a ton of businesses to buy, but they are completely useless and only give you ridiculous amounts of cash that you don't really need for anything.  2 had at least a handful of cribs that were expensive on their own and could be upgraded to look nicer for even more money.

GTA may have more depth than those games in general, but buying properties just to make more money when there's not anything meaningful or interactive to spend it on afterwards seems to just be padding to me.

there would be some irony if everyone was walking around with millions of in game dollars and they went and started charging real money for wardrobe upgrades.

Hypertenzion
  • Hypertenzion

Prankster

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:07 AM Edited by Hypertenzion, 18 September 2013 - 09:51 AM.

What did you expect? With all the let downs already it doesn't surprise me :v:

Well, the only way to hit them hard is the wallet.. Glad I watched gameplay videos, read topics on this forum, played it and didn't acquire it myself.

TimFL
  • TimFL

Trick

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:57 AM

For everyone hoping GTA Online has a lot of big mansions to buy... I doubt it. What if you get put in a lobby with another guy who, lets say, owns Michaels mansion too? How do they handle that? It's impossible without either kicking one guy or adding virtual dimensions so you never see eachother in that area (then problem arises with others being put in one of the 2 dimensions when they drive there etc.). It's safe to say that we will only be able to buy apartments with no access to them (enterable via a teleport or an e.g. elevator that could function as a loading screen).

NotYourAverageDrPhil
  • NotYourAverageDrPhil

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:41 AM

Wow, a lot of people cannot distinguish properly between property and safe houses. 

Same thing I was thinking. I never heard of safe houses being available until now, and I followed the previews and trailers pretty well; the only thing I heard was properties, which was meant as businesses to generate revenue. 

Probably one of many things that people assumed would be in the game but was never supposed to be and now they'll blame R* for lying.

Pretty much.

People overhype the game, get their feelings hurt, then blame Rockstar.

Reminds me of the collector's edition people that said Rockstar lied about them getting to play classic characters. When their wording said they'd be usable in the character creation system, and that's it.

Fair enough, but on the other hand Rockstar is VERY bad at correcting misunderstood information. Another example is that the map has been reported all over the net to be 49 square miles, but the original reporter got that wrong and it was 49 square KILOMETERS. Now the 49 square miles figure is all over the net and they could solve it all with one simple tweet: "The reporter made an error. The map is 49 square kilometers, not square miles. Sorry for the confusion." Yet they prefer to keep people believing something that they know is just plain wrong.

NotYourAverageDrPhil
  • NotYourAverageDrPhil

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:48 AM

You guys do realize that the gameplay trailer was a GAMEPLAY trailer, right? Not a single player trailer, but a gameplay trailer. The gameplay is part of Online too. 

Gameplay.

This has been debunked if you read the previous pages in this thread. The trailer specifically said: "You can buy property. Next time we'll tell you about what you can do online."

• cheetah_7 likes this

Malndor
  • Malndor

!?

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:06 AM Edited by Malndor, 18 September 2013 - 10:12 AM.

I would at least wish the businesses are enterable... and require some sort of continual management in order to assure we get our money.

R* have given us half assed single player to coerce us to play Online more so people can be bled of their money, it's a marketing strategy and they don't give a sh*t. Like it said in the video, Free to play is about giving you half the game an making you pay for the rest. GTA V isn't free to play but the princiabl is the same.

Single Player 69 missions, Online like 600 missions.

See the pattern now?

oy45tge.jpg
Like I said, this would of been figured out awhile ago if Rockstar gave us more to go by as they were keeping it under raps shows how tightly they were guarding this info from getting out. That their focus is online.

We want Steam Workshop pls.

Oh really? I would like to see how the GTA V community thinks about that, considering it will be pay to win and people complain about car mechanics alone, I don't think so.

Although GTA V Online won't be free to play, the principal still stands.

OeHR0kf.jpg

Items such as seen in pictures require real life money and a credit card or game card. 

LDngZdb.jpg

When people start to realize the gaming developer doesn't care an it's just a corporation. The more aware they'll be to make rational decisions instead of riding the hype train.

bNvu1Sg.jpg

cheetah_7
  • cheetah_7

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:11 AM

I wanted to buy a swanky vinewood mansion :(

uboaaaa
  • uboaaaa

I'm afraid we've reached an impasse.

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:27 AM

I thought someone had a blueprint map with safe houses represented as triangles. Was that photoshopped or something?

YadiYada
  • YadiYada

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:46 AM

That sucks ass hardcore.

ShinobiFixer
  • ShinobiFixer

way of the snake

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:01 AM

I don't really care, I actually love where they all live.  The entire game feels just like home.  I love living here in California.

GTA_Girl84
  • GTA_Girl84

Prankster

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:11 AM

Yeah I watched the gameplay trailer again just to see. There is an apartment to buy. Get directions go there and so on. Don't know what's going on?

TaazR
  • TaazR

Interiors & Parkour

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:15 AM Edited by taazr, 18 September 2013 - 11:17 AM.

R* are dumbass motherf*ckers. This was the one feature which I thought could actually save this game, but now I realized it's pure sh*t for a GTA. Wow.. 5 years for this? They must've been drunk/high the entire time.  What the f*ck am I suppoused to spend my money on from the heists now? Cars (which I can steal)? A f*cking golf club? Nah I'll pass.

Also, there's hardly any point for this feature in GTA Online since they confirmed you can only own 1 safehouse. The whole fun of safehouses is trying to buy them all. Thanks cockstar

• Hypertenzion likes this

pilot410
  • pilot410

Mike Motta

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:33 AM

I thought someone had a blueprint map with safe houses represented as triangles. Was that photoshopped or something?

Nope it's real I have one

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users