Photo

Cannot buy safehouses in SP - Rockstar

253 replies to this topic
ArcaneKnight
  • ArcaneKnight

Unf*ckwitable

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:15 AM

Smart of R* to wait until after release to confirm this. Can you imagine the sh*tstorm beforehand?

Once the funds confirmed passed through on everyone's purchase, then they were in the clear and given the greenlight to break the news.

Besides, THEY HAD TO LEAVE OUT SOME STUFF, SO THEY CAN MAKE THE NEXT GAME EVEN BETTER. R* knows by now to never throw all your eggs in one basket. They need to leave more to be desired.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

/ / / / / AMG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:16 AM

For everybody thinking properties for Single Player weren't confirmed, read this:

http://www.gtav.net/...and-screenshots Read all of the previews for further proof if you need too.

@Above: read them again. Or are you too hard headed and stubborn?

I have read them . lol how many time do I have to repeat that. 

They did not say in any of those previews that you can purchase safehouses. 

You can purchase properties for revenue not for a safehouse. 

It says right in the Gtav.net features from the game

"You can buy property; houses, garages, businesses and marinas can all be purchased for extra revenue sources."

Read, dumbass:

Each of the three characters even has his own bank account, allowing you to manage each one's purchases differently. These guys can buy property. The example I was given was a taxi company. It will generate regular income. They can buy houses, too.

Isn't that what he is tring to say?

And the other guy denying property, shut up. Jesus either you're trolling or seriously cannot read properly or comprehend properly.

MC_9
  • MC_9

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:17 AM

So what happens when you visit this website ingame:

Schermafbeelding-2013-07-09-om-19.17.08.

It says the website is under construction. 

Thatdirehit
  • Thatdirehit

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:18 AM

You guys can't be this dense. Yes you can, like rockstar stated, buy houses in single player. BUT, now stay with me, YOU can not use these house you buy as a safehouse. The houses or any other real estate you purchase is used as revenue for you game. That is all. 

The house are not and never where alluded too as Safehouses by rockstar. Rockstar has been consistent with the fact that the game is heavily revolved around money. Purchasing properties be them houses or businesses, all of which fall under the term "real estate", as how you are going ot make you money consistently. 

You buy house it is rented out and you pocket the profits from the rent. Period. Not safehouse. It can't be any more clear than that. Rockstar never said we can purchase safehouses.

• ISI Wrath and GTAFan0913 like this

ruthless88
  • ruthless88

GTA Assassin

• Members

Not cool how R did that, but it's not a game breaker for me. There are plenty of things to do in GTA V and i'm enjoying every second of it :)

Soccermad21
  • Soccermad21

Player Hater

• Members

Wow, a lot of people cannot distinguish properly between property and safe houses. Rockstar announced in November last year that you could not purchase safe houses, but you could purchase property. While the property is in the form of a house, it is not actually accessible and instead treated as a form of making money. E.g. you buy a house for cheap, wait for it to raise in value and then sell it at a profit.

Thatdirehit
  • Thatdirehit

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:19 AM Edited by Thatdirehit, 18 September 2013 - 02:20 AM.

And the other guy denying property, shut up. Jesus either you're trolling or seriously cannot read properly or comprehend properly.

Property doesn't mean safehouse you idiot. You are just to stubborn to admit that you assumed they were talking about the ability to purchase Safehouses when all they where referring to was you ability to purchase many different properties, house or business alike, for the sole purpose of collecting revenue. 

• ISI Wrath likes this

TheKryptonite
  • TheKryptonite

The World is Yours

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:20 AM

There's really no point in trying to argue with him. It's obvious that he can't accept the fact that R* lied to him. Either that, or he's trolling. 

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• United-Kingdom
  • Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

To be fair, we can't really go on preview information anymore. Those previews were in May, 4 months ago. In the very first previews in November 2012, properties weren't in AT ALL. So obviously things like this are subject to change especially since they have put a heavy focus on GTA Online.

Properties = Businesses (not safehouses) which give a weekly income and some are storage (garage, helipad, marina etc)

Safehouses = Not purchasable as confirmed by Rockstar's comment, but they might be given as we progress. Check below screenshot for example; Chop is there, so looks like a safehouse?

Real estate = MIGHT be GTA Online exclusive, since the world will be dynamic and they said apartments are part of the world where your friends can visit. Or, we are taking it the wrong way and it is actually a business (way to earn income by buying/selling like stocks) rather than physical homes we can enter, but will be unlocked later in the game.

Really, if I've interpreted correctly then it isn't too bad. If we get better safehouses as we progress I'm OK with that, since  a lot of the properties are garages and stuff and that's all we need them for.

RSG_GTAV_Screenshot_299.jpg

• xChaos Reigns likes this

breese225
  • breese225

Player Hater

• Members

You guys can't be this dense. Yes you can, like rockstar stated, buy houses in single player. BUT, now stay with me, YOU can not use these house you buy as a safehouse. The houses or any other real estate you purchase is used as revenue for you game. That is all. 

The house are not and never where alluded too as Safehouses by rockstar. Rockstar has been consistent with the fact that the game is heavily revolved around money. Purchasing properties be them houses or businesses, all of which fall under the term "real estate", as how you are going ot make you money consistently. 

You buy house it is rented out and you pocket the profits from the rent. Period. Not safehouse. It can't be any more clear than that. Rockstar never said we can purchase safehouses.

Where/how do you purchase these houses?? because not one person on this forum has purchased any with multiple people finishing the game

AlasClarin
  • AlasClarin

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:20 AM Edited by AlasClarin, 18 September 2013 - 02:21 AM.

Property doesn't mean safehouse you idiot. You are just to stubborn to admit that you assumed they were talking about the ability to purchase Safehouses when all they where referring to was you ability to purchase many different properties, house or business alike, for the sole purpose of collecting revenue. 

How the hell you get revenue from buying a house? A house is a place where you live, damn... business are for money, houses are for live there. You understand the difference?

• xChaos Reigns likes this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

/ / / / / AMG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:20 AM Edited by StingrayX, 18 September 2013 - 02:22 AM.

Well we can't do anything so no use complaining I guess. Rockstar just misled us and we'll have to play Online get buy properties. I feel just like I did back in November, disappointed. :( Oh well... what am I going to spend most of my money on in SP? Garages, cars, I'm not into all of that other bullsh*t now. Investing in stocks will be utter bullsh*t because all you can do is buy garages, cars, clothes, guns, sh*t I wasn't really thinking would be all we could purchase.

There is no drive to play through SP for me any more other than the story experience, just like IV now. The money is almost useless for me again because once I've bought all of the cars and garages I want I'll be sitting there looking stupid with a bunch of useless extra cash.

You buy house it is rented out and you pocket the profits from the rent. Period. Not safehouse. It can't be any more clear than that. Rockstar never said we can purchase safehouses

@Thatdirehit just GO AWAY!

Really, if I've interpreted correctly then it isn't too bad. If we get better safehouses as we progress I'm OK with that, since  a lot of the properties are garages and stuff and that's all we need them for.

@Kirsty, :^:

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:21 AM

What about this house then, which i believe is from trailer 2?

RSG_GTAV_Screenshot_299.jpg

Thatdirehit
  • Thatdirehit

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:22 AM Edited by Thatdirehit, 18 September 2013 - 02:24 AM.

How the hell you get revenue from buying a house? A house is a place where you live, damn... business are for money, houses are for live there. You understand the difference?

When you pay rent for an apartment or your house where do you think that money goes? To the magical sky fairy?

@Thatdirehit just GO AWAY

Why because you can't grasp a simple concept. Rockstar never said you can buy a safehouse. Period.  

• ayepocalypse likes this

Thejamman123
  • Thejamman123

LEAVE ROCKSTAR ALONE!!

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:23 AM

Confirmed a photoshop fake. :)

http://www.rockstarg....html/#comments just scroll down them comments and look for yourself, wont be so smug then! :)
Then why are there locations of safe houses marked on the blueprint map? Pretty fishy...

the same map will be used for online...

AlasClarin
  • AlasClarin

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:23 AM Edited by AlasClarin, 18 September 2013 - 02:24 AM.

When you pay rent for a apartment or your house where do you think that money goes? To the magical sky fairy?

So you buy a house and you can't even decide if you wanna rent it or not. What the hell, that doesn't make sense at all. What if I just want to have a house.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:28 AM

While they did an amazing job, i feel they really missed the mark on several key things now. A truly missed opportunity. HOW do you DO put this in multiplayer and not in singleplayer? Sure it's great that we can buy cars now and garages and business, but damn...especially in a game like this, with this location, we need more houses. It would have been so sweet. I truly dont get this. I thank them for misleading us with that gameplay video though, sigh.

Thatdirehit
  • Thatdirehit

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:28 AM Edited by Thatdirehit, 18 September 2013 - 02:28 AM.

So you buy a house and you can't even decide if you wanna rent it or not. What the hell, that doesn't make sense at all. What if I just want to have a house.

GTAV's core theme is money. So Rockstar has provided you as the player with a vast array of means to collect money. Buying property is one of those ways. No you can't buy a safehouse, that's not a feature currently included in single player and it never was promised to begin with. 

• ISI Wrath likes this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

/ / / / / AMG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:28 AM

Why because you can't grasp a simple concept. Rockstar never said you can buy a safehouse. Period.  

I'm done, you're stupid.

@MosquitoSmasher: That was aquired I'm assuming.

Vellocet
  • Vellocet

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:29 AM

GTAV's core theme is money. So Rockstar has provided you as the player with a vast array of means to collect money. Buying property is one of those ways. No you can't buy a safehouse, that's not a feature currently included in single player and it never was promised to begin with. 

Don´t know if stupid or trolling R* wanted us to provide WAYS TO SPEND THE MONEY.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:29 AM

You keep saying this, and R* may never have said it...previews did though. AND what do you make of that gameplay video where they show the dynasty 8 site and the lady talks about real estate......

ayepocalypse
  • ayepocalypse

--Click Here--

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:30 AM

When you pay rent for a apartment or your house where do you think that money goes? To the magical sky fairy?

Wel rockstar made it so you can't own a house.

AlasClarin
  • AlasClarin

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:31 AM

But they said you could buy houses... and you can't, even for renting them. Lies.

livilaNic
  • livilaNic

Got Milf?

• Members

Spoiler

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

I'm done, you're stupid.

@MosquitoSmasher: That was aquired I'm assuming.

Oh you mean after a certain mission that we get that house? I hope so.....but still.....real let down this.

breese225
  • breese225

Player Hater

• Members

People who keep saying you purchase "houses" that you can't enter, but makes money where are you getting this from??

I haven't seen or heard of anything remotely like this

Thatdirehit
  • Thatdirehit

Rat

• Members

You keep saying this, and R* may never have said it...previews did though. AND what do you make of that gameplay video where they show the dynasty 8 site and the lady talks about real estate......

The preview didn't. Which one said you can purchase Safehouses? I've read them and i've clicked the links. And I know you guys are referring to the point that says you can buy houses, and you can... but not as a safehouse but as a source of revenue. Rockstar did say that you can buy properties for profit. 

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:32 AM

Spoiler

Ok thanks man. And can we at least access it and look around?

ayepocalypse
  • ayepocalypse

--Click Here--

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:32 AM

But they said you could buy houses... and you can't, even for renting them. Lies.

Rockstar never said anything bout safe houses

Thatdirehit
  • Thatdirehit

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:33 AM Edited by Thatdirehit, 18 September 2013 - 02:34 AM.

Don´t know if stupid or trolling R* wanted us to provide WAYS TO SPEND THE MONEY.

I'm guessing you lack comprehension? To spend money you need to make money. I know that's a hard concept to grasp just let that marinate for a second. 

SO how does Rockstar remedy the need for money? They provide aspects in their game that allow the player to make money. It's not hard to uderstand. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users