Photo

Cannot buy safehouses in SP - Rockstar

394 replies to this topic
SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:48 AM Edited by SimsDaniel916, 18 September 2013 - 01:49 AM.

It says it right in the gameplay trailer that we can buy properties. It shows the Dynasty 8 website with a 250,000 apartment for sale. So I don't understand why people are saying that R* never said we could when they absolutely did.

As pissed as I am about this to be fair

Gameplay doesn't automatically mean "Singleplayer"

technically GtaO is gameplay too

It's confimed that that is GTA V Gameplay.  :panic:

AlasClarin
  • AlasClarin

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:50 AM Edited by AlasClarin, 18 September 2013 - 01:51 AM.

They f*cked up vehicle handling and damage making it worse, less fun and less realistic than in GTA IV.

They have lack of basic interiors like Clickin Bell or Burger Shot which was even on GTA IV, and of course on GTA:SA.

And now they say we can't buy safehouses when they clearly stated in May and gameplay trailer that we could.

Good job R*...

• Fallout3 likes this

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Administrator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful 2014
    Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:52 AM

OK, I just watched the Gameplay trailer again. This the quote where they say real estate and show the Dynasty 8 website.

"You decide what to spend your money on, anything from sensible investments like tattoos and fast cars, to risky ventures like stocks and Los Santos real estate. And then there's Grand Theft Auto Online, which we will show you properly soon."

From this it makes me believe that real estate is purchasable in SP, not Online, because the way they describe it, it's separate. But, we know how things can change, since in the first previews properties weren't in at all! Now they've come out with this comment, maybe they made real estate Online only, since they want it to be dynamic, and Online will be our world, whereas in SP the safehouses are related to M, F & T's storyline. If that makes sense.

• boxmonster, Naean, DarrinPA and 2 others like this

Thatdirehit
  • Thatdirehit

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:53 AM

November: You can't buy properties, this is not a real estate game

May: You can buy garages, houses, and businesses - this came from the SP previews! Before Online was announced!

Now: You can't buy safehouses in single player

What a lying f*cking company

I don't remember a single preview ever mentioning that you could buy safehouses in single player. 

Provide a source. I have always been under the understanding that safe houses where for the online. 

AlasClarin
  • AlasClarin

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:54 AM

May: You can buy garages, houses, and businesses - this came from the SP previews! Before Online was announced!

I don't remember a single preview ever mentioning that you could buy safehouses in single player. 

Provide a source. I have always been under the understanding that safe houses where for the online. 

Just search May news...

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:55 AM

You must of not read any of the previews then. R* said this to all of the previewers and almost all of them wrote up a paragraph on it.

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:56 AM Edited by DarrinPA, 18 September 2013 - 01:57 AM.

@Thatdirehit -The proof is right above you.

You decide what to spend your money on, anything from sensible investments like tattoos and fast cars, to risky ventures like stocks and Los Santos real estate. And then there's Grand Theft Auto Online

"and THEN" which shows it's seperate. "Then" is the key word.

azali10
  • azali10

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:56 AM

Just search May news...

Burden of proof's on you. As far as I know they said you buy properties not explicitly safe houses.

TheKryptonite
  • TheKryptonite

The World is Yours

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:57 AM

And don't you UNLOCK safehouses?

Thatdirehit
  • Thatdirehit

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:57 AM Edited by Thatdirehit, 18 September 2013 - 01:58 AM.

Just search May news...

I don't need to because I already read those previews. You probably need to reread them yourself. They never said you can purchase safehouses in SP. Properties you can purchase, but they function as a source of income not a safehouse. 

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:57 AM

Just search May news...

Burden of proof's on you. As far as I know they said you buy properties not explicitly safe houses.

If you didn't read up on the previews like we all did than look it up yourself. 

AlasClarin
  • AlasClarin

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:58 AM Edited by AlasClarin, 18 September 2013 - 01:59 AM.

Just search May news...

I don't need to because I already read those previews. You probably need to reread them yourself. They never said you can purchase safehouses in SP. Properties you can purchase, but they function a source of income not a safehouse. 

They clearly separated properties from business. They didn't only said properties.

gzam1312
  • gzam1312

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:58 AM

OK, I just watched the Gameplay trailer again. This the quote where they say real estate and show the Dynasty 8 website.

"You decide what to spend your money on, anything from sensible investments like tattoos and fast cars, to risky ventures like stocks and Los Santos real estate. And then there's Grand Theft Auto Online, which we will show you properly soon."

From this it makes me believe that real estate is purchasable in SP, not Online, because the way they describe it, it's separate. But, we know how things can change, since in the first previews properties weren't in at all! Now they've come out with this comment, maybe they made real estate Online only, since they want it to be dynamic, and Online will be our world, whereas in SP the safehouses are related to M, F & T's storyline. If that makes sense.

Agree 100%

Thatdirehit
  • Thatdirehit

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:59 AM

Just search May news...

I don't need to because I already read those previews. You probably need to reread them yourself. They never said you can purchase safehouses in SP. Properties you can purchase, but they function a source of income not a safehouse. 

They clearly separated properties from business. They don't only say properties.

Yeah you can purchase properties that you can recieve a revenue from. you can't use them as a safehouse. Again rockstar never said you can purchase safehouses. Not once. 

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:02 AM Edited by StingrayX, 18 September 2013 - 02:02 AM.

:( Well to be honest I wish they would have just kept their mouths shut about property. It's not the end of the world but it's a huge disappointment for me. There aren't a lot of interiors in SP and I thought I wouldn't care because I thought we'd buy safehouses. Well now we can't.

I don't know about you all but I'm not big on Online. I guess if I want properties I'll have to play Online though. I mean, did they think about the people who didn't really care for GTA Online though? I feel like they're depriving SP of good features on purpose to force you to enjoy Online like developers do today. :cry:

@Above: Once again, read the freaking May Previews

Thatdirehit
  • Thatdirehit

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:04 AM

@Above: Once again, read the freaking May Previews

I have read them. 

They never said you can purchase safehouses in the may previews.  Unless you can provide the alleged quote all we have here is confusion on your part. 

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:04 AM

For everybody thinking properties for Single Player weren't confirmed, read this:

http://www.gtav.net/...and-screenshots Read all of the previews for further proof if you need too.

@Above: read them again. Or are you too hard headed and stubborn?

MC_9
  • MC_9

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:06 AM Edited by MC_9, 18 September 2013 - 02:09 AM.

Just search May news...

I don't need to because I already read those previews. You probably need to reread them yourself. They never said you can purchase safehouses in SP. Properties you can purchase, but they function as a source of income not a safehouse. 

They absolutely said you can purchase real estate in single player. 

This is form the SINGLE PLAYER gameplay trailer. 

Schermafbeelding-2013-07-09-om-19.17.08.

Look at that. An apartment at Bay City Avenue, that is purchasable for $250,000. 

Im still not convinced that it has been completely removed. It may just open up at a later date, similar to the BAWSAW website which was not available immediately. 

It appears most of the websites are actually linked to the social club website, so they may be working out a few kinks. 

Thatdirehit
  • Thatdirehit

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:07 AM

For everybody thinking properties for Single Player weren't confirmed, read this:

http://www.gtav.net/...and-screenshots Read all of the previews for further proof if you need too.

I have read them . lol how many time do I have to repeat that. 

They did not say in any of those previews that you can purchase safehouses. 

You can purchase properties for revenue not for a safehouse. 

DeadlyHabits87
  • DeadlyHabits87

Couch Potato

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:08 AM

So what happens when you visit this website ingame:

Schermafbeelding-2013-07-09-om-19.17.08.

captainjamie
  • captainjamie

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:08 AM Edited by captainjamie, 18 September 2013 - 02:09 AM.

From the May preview BEFORE online was announced:
http://kotaku.com/iv...-diff-487200782

"Each of the three characters even has his own bank account, allowing you to manage each one's purchases differently. These guys can buy property. The example I was given was a taxi company. It will generate regular income. They can buy houses, too."

breese225
  • breese225

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:08 AM

It says right in the Gtav.net features from the game

"You can buy property; houses, garages, businesses and marinas can all be purchased for extra revenue sources."

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:09 AM

Oh my god look at the frikkin link! Either that or stop trolling!

AlasClarin
  • AlasClarin

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:10 AM

"You can buy property; houses, garages, businesses and marinas can all be purchased for extra revenue sources."

What is a house for you? Damn it... Safehouse = House.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:10 AM Edited by MosquitoSmasher, 18 September 2013 - 02:12 AM.

Ah man, this is very disappointing,i can't deny that. I DO recall several previews stating that we could buy houses in the singleplayer as well. And of course that video, it;s only showing one house, but it is god f*cking damned misleading. Man this truly sucks, cause i was looking forward to spending money on that stuff and just enter the houses, i like interiors and i do NOT like it one bit that there is so little to enter in the game so far.

IV had multiple restaurants, hospitals and policestations and it gave the game more depth, why the hell didn't they just add some interiors? Not even a shopping mall. Nah man...i dont complain too quickly. but this f*cking sucks!!! We DO get this sh*t in GTAO? Jesus man...at least bring that for the SP too then.

captainjamie
  • captainjamie

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:10 AM

Read, dumbass:

Each of the three characters even has his own bank account, allowing you to manage each one's purchases differently. These guys can buy property. The example I was given was a taxi company. It will generate regular income. They can buy houses, too.

Thatdirehit
  • Thatdirehit

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:11 AM

Oh my god look at the frikkin link! Either that or stop trolling!

I clicked on the link. Nothing about safehouses. You can buy property in single player and use it as revenue. But you can't purchase them as a safehouse. We where never told that we could. 

TheKryptonite
  • TheKryptonite

The World is Yours

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:11 AM Edited by TheKryptonite, 18 September 2013 - 02:14 AM.

Nvm.

GTAV_Boss
  • GTAV_Boss

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:13 AM

I am SO confused...

I saw someone online before the game released in a house up in the hills and they were playing as Franklin and I took that because he was roaming around the whole inside of the house and down a level or so was a dog house and chop sitting there when he walked up that he had bought that house.  

I want to say I saw him change clothes In the house but cant commit to that.  hum.

If not in game,  DLC Rockstar

breese225
  • breese225

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:13 AM

What is a house for you? Damn it... Safehouse = House.

No Houses is Plural not safehouse.

You didnt have to purchase your default safehouse so I don't understand your point

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users