Photo

PS3 Freezing

15 replies to this topic
Dayton91
  • Dayton91

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:19 AM

Hello, I recently have been playing Gta 5 and I've noticed the freezing way too frequently. Also when the game does freeze while in game then when you load it back up, and on the loading screen it stays there and does not proceed to the game.

QuietSundayLibrary
  • QuietSundayLibrary

Abide by God's Glory

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:16 AM

Hello, I recently have been playing Gta 5 and I've noticed the freezing way too frequently. Also when the game does freeze while in game then when you load it back up, and on the loading screen it stays there and does not proceed to the game.

Strange. In all of the hours that I've been playing sporadically throughout the day (save for leaving to the grocery store and various errands), I've only experienced one freeze, and it was whilst watching television programs. When and how is your game freezing? Have you deleted games that you no longer play? How about defragging the hard drive?

Gravarty
  • Gravarty

Home Sweet Home

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:17 AM

Why do you all have problems with your PS3? I have my PS3 since 2006 and it stull runs fine. I had no crashes in GTA V yet. Played over 10 hours and nothing bad happend. You should clean your PS3, open the cover and remove all the dust. You also should restore your PS3 and format your hard drive for a better experience.

TheSoup
  • TheSoup

Welsh Wizard

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:00 AM

Odd, like other posters, my copy is fine, no freezing whatsoever.

Scooter_Johnson
  • Scooter_Johnson

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:15 AM

i have seen the michael character driving and freezes for a second but nothing major

Mac316
  • Mac316

It's MY car, idiot!

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:19 AM

I haven't got no issues with my copy either, so maybe ur PS3 was overheating a bit or something like that.

bizkitdan
  • bizkitdan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:23 AM

No issues for me

pilot1889
  • pilot1889

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:57 PM Edited by pilot1889, 18 September 2013 - 12:57 PM.

maybe the copy is not legal,check from the place u brought ur gta v copy

ch2207
  • ch2207

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:01 PM Edited by ch2207, 18 September 2013 - 03:12 PM.

i'm having problems as well on the ps3  its not playable at all.freezing at random points in the game anyone suggest .any good youtube videos for cleaning ps3?

eatshitandie
  • eatshitandie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:15 PM Edited by eatshitandie, 18 September 2013 - 02:20 PM.

I have an old original Big PS3 and it runs fine, no freezing.  Maybe yours has bad ventilation or needs the dust cleaning out of the vents.  Overheating will cause crashes, but that's not the games fault. Try putting it somewhere it has good cool air circulating around it and see if things improve.  It's gotta be frustrating though so good luck!

ch2207
  • ch2207

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:29 PM

I have an old original Big PS3 and it runs fine, no freezing.  Maybe yours has bad ventilation or needs the dust cleaning out of the vents.  Overheating will cause crashes, but that's not the games fault. Try putting it somewhere it has good cool air circulating around it and see if things improve.  It's gotta be frustrating though so good luck!

yeah mines a ps3 60gb i ve clean the outside vents and cleaned the surface last weekend. but ive never opened it up and cleaned inside.im playing it in a well ventilated area.this over heating only happens with rockstar games.

Poker2012chu
  • Poker2012chu

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:12 PM

yeah mines a ps3 60gb i ve clean the outside vents and cleaned the surface last weekend. but ive never opened it up and cleaned inside.im playing it in a well ventilated area.this over heating only happens with rockstar games.

Check the thermal paste, people say vacuum the PS3 or dust it out, but few people mention that thermal paste is an even bigger culprit to overheating PS3's if it's (the paste) too old. GTA V is going to run hotter anyway because of its detail; mine runs as noisy and intensive as online Battlefield 3 matches.

You also might want to defrag or rebuild the databases. The downside is if the PS3 finds something corrupted, it's gonna take 7 hours from what should've been a matter of minutes (mine did when I rebuilded the databases to run Skyrim smoother). If there are problems with GTA V, it will be more with the coding of the game itself, and not the PS3. There are an awful amount of people reporting at least some noticeable glitches at best to completely and utterly unplayable on a perfectly ventilated, new and stable PS3 at worst. I hope there is a patch soon.

1stworldproblems
  • 1stworldproblems

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:02 AM

Same issue - random constant freezing. System locks up and have to reset. Tried all suggested fixes in this thread. :-(

Prywante
  • Prywante

:)

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:42 AM

I dont' have any problem with my PS3.

Dayton91
  • Dayton91

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:52 AM

Now I seemed to fix it by making a couple of saves. Now the problem is the constant freezing, I can barely play the game without it freezing!

1stworldproblems
  • 1stworldproblems

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:33 PM

Now I seemed to fix it by making a couple of saves. Now the problem is the constant freezing, I can barely play the game without it freezing!

Yup same deal. Pretty annoying and unplayable.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users