Quantcast

» «
Photo

The Driving Debate

3,240 replies to this topic

Poll: Driving Debate (2076 member(s) have cast votes)

How do you feel about GTA V's driving mechanics

1. Its great. A huge improvement of GTA IV (834 votes [40.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 40.17%

2. I like it despite it feeling more "arcady" (571 votes [27.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.50%

3. Indifferent (92 votes [4.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.43%

4. I dont like it but I can live with it (237 votes [11.42%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.42%

5. Its terrible. Big step back from GTA IV (342 votes [16.47%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.47%

Vote Guests cannot vote
B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Go eat your mom's ass

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 28 February 2014 - 07:21 PM Edited by B Dawg, 28 February 2014 - 08:37 PM.

The damage is set too low. I mean there are armour upgrades if you don't want to bash you're car. Most people don't give a f*ck but to me it's a big thing. With increased sensitivity gta could have had damage like next car game or slightly lesser with lesser parts falling off. The stupid explosions are beyond annoying. I wanted to see the crumpled mess of my car after rolling down chilliad, but no the car has to explode after hitting it's roof hard as if it has a gas tank on it's roof.

GTA IV is the closest thing to Next Car Game, and it was on 360/PS3! While the damage is excellent in IV, all it needed was car parts falling off other than the doors/the hood.

• suicidehummer likes this

Shootaholic
  • Shootaholic

zzzz....

• Members

Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:37 AM

The damage is set too low. I mean there are armour upgrades if you don't want to bash you're car. Most people don't give a f*ck but to me it's a big thing. With increased sensitivity gta could have had damage like next car game or slightly lesser with lesser parts falling off. The stupid explosions are beyond annoying. I wanted to see the crumpled mess of my car after rolling down chilliad, but no the car has to explode after hitting it's roof hard as if it has a gas tank on it's roof.

GTA IV is the closest thing to Next Car Game, and it was on 360/PS3! While the damage is excellent in IV, all it needed was car parts falling off other than the doors/the hood.

Yeah but gta5 also uses the same technology as 4 so once pc mods come out it will be closer to NCG.

Stynki
  • Stynki

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 March 2014 - 11:08 AM Edited by Stynki, 01 March 2014 - 05:04 PM.

Yeah but gta5 also uses the same technology as 4 so once pc mods come out it will be closer to NCG.

Why do you think there are no mods for the driving on consoles?  ; )   By the way the technology is not exactly the same. There are some more constants in GTAV and also some restrictions.

Shootaholic
  • Shootaholic

zzzz....

• Members

Posted 02 March 2014 - 08:13 AM Edited by Shootaholic, 02 March 2014 - 08:14 AM.

Why do you think there are no mods for the driving on consoles?  ; )   By the way the technology is not exactly the same. There are some more constants in GTAV and also some restrictions.

Yeah i know there are mods for consoles but it's harder to mod. Anyway gta5 does use the same tech but it's more stiffened up but actually looks better due to better lighting and stuff, so if only they had made the damage more sensitive it would have been better.

Stynki
  • Stynki

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:20 AM Edited by Stynki, 02 March 2014 - 11:21 AM.

Yeah i know there are mods for consoles but it's harder to mod. Anyway gta5 does use the same tech but it's more stiffened up but actually looks better due to better lighting and stuff, so if only they had made the damage more sensitive it would have been better.

Yes, true it's harder, i can tell you myself, because I have done realistic driving mod for GTAV  myself. : )  For  the tech, i mean the tech only for the driving engine and its constants. And yes damage constants are way down in GTAV. : )

GúnZinEss
  • GúnZinEss

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 02 March 2014 - 05:20 PM

^ You should make a video of your mod then! I want to see how the cars can actually take damage.

Stynki
  • Stynki

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:55 AM

^ You should make a video of your mod then! I want to see how the cars can actually take damage.

I don't have a video right now, but the damage system i do is close to GTAIV plus the falling parts from GTAV.

Agni
  • Agni

#WeeabooPower

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:13 PM Edited by Agni, 10 March 2014 - 09:17 PM.

Yeah, having reinstalled GTA IV on my PC, I thought about trying V again, and...no.

The way that Rockstar has managed to suck every facet of fun out of the driving until they left us with this lifeless, dead, soulless, and clearly-geared-for-children abomination is just disgusting.

I can't enjoy this game anymore. Knowing that every time I step into a vehicle I'll want to throw up is just too much for me.

PC version when? Then we can mod the physics into something good.

Seriously,. f*ck the casual scum who raped V into something simply unacceptable. Every inch of this game is just nasty, the rotten stench of casual leaks from its every goddamn facet.

• GTAfear, namor and Sting4S like this

burnin_mad_trees
  • burnin_mad_trees

Low n' Slow

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:04 PM

Being a racing simulator fan, the driving physics are nothing like what I'm use to. Way too easy, and the drifting sucks I wish there was a manual transmission (that would help drifting so much). But then again it's GRAND THEFT AUTO not GT6, so I'm not upset about it at all. Good job R* I do love this f*ckin' game.

DroneGeneral
  • DroneGeneral

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 March 2014 - 02:01 PM Edited by DroneGeneral, 11 March 2014 - 02:02 PM.

I prefer them in V I think it's way better and people are just really bad at driving, that's why they complain, driving is much better!
  • Sting4S likes this

namor
  • namor

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:45 PM

I prefer them in V I think it's way better and people are just really bad at driving, that's why they complain, driving is much better!

You don't get it, do you? People are not complaining because the driving is difficult, they're complaining because it is HORRIBLE. They're complaining because it's too EASY. "Easy" is NOT the same as "better", except perhaps in your case it is. People are complaining because there's no fun in driving, there's no challenge, no risk, no excitement. Holding down the right trigger for extended periods of time and flicking the stick left or right to steer, or rather twist, the vehicle in the direction you want it to go is NOT better, or fun, or exciting.

You like the driving physics in V, that's fine, that's your preference, but please DON'T even attempt to try and convince anyone over the age of five that it's better than IV. The physics in IV were hardly perfect, but are nowhere as close to the abortion of Newton's Laws of Motion and general physics that those in V are.

• SonOfLiberty, P2FX, GTAfear and 3 others like this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Go eat your mom's ass

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 11 March 2014 - 07:24 PM

Besides, crashing into people in IV was fun, hell if you hit a car hard enough you can flip it or smack it out of the way with not much slowdown.

• namor likes this

namor
  • namor

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 11 March 2014 - 07:43 PM

Besides, crashing into people in IV was fun, hell if you hit a car hard enough you can flip it or smack it out of the way with not much slowdown.

Oh God, Yes!!!! ^^^ This so much. Smashing up vehicles in IV is so unbelievably entertaining. The damage physics were beautiful. Ramming through roadblocks on security vans or SUVs, flipping vehicles over numerous times, smashing vehicles out of the way without coming to a complete halt as though you'd hit a six-foot thick concrete wall, running over pedestrians and watching them flip over the bonnet and roof of your car and bounce several times, crashing into an oncoming car. Euphoria Engine and Rag-Doll physics in all its glory in IV. It doesn't get better than that!

• DrAnomalous likes this

burnin_mad_trees
  • burnin_mad_trees

Low n' Slow

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:33 PM

My main issue is if you spin out a little you get traction and keep going. If you spin out a lot your screwed. They got rigged so people who can't drive. Can have a snowball's chance in hell of keeping their car on the road. Which sucks for the the people who know how to drive. But keep in mind the game was made for everybody. If you want driving physics, go get a racing game.

Nehocbelac
  • Nehocbelac

Rockstar f*cked Me

• Members

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:36 AM

i totally agree with op

Agni
  • Agni

#WeeabooPower

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:53 AM Edited by Agni, 12 March 2014 - 01:56 AM.

I swear to god if there's one thing I cannot goddamn stand in these physics it's the magic auto counter-steering the game has. You can SEE the wheels turning even if you do nothing to the stick.

I'm just stunned. Even with Slidey Cars you can't really powerslide or get the ass out in any way. Ugh, San Andreas had better driving than this! It hasn't merely regressed, it's regressed to a state before a decade-old game.

And what's scary is that people all around are singing the praises of these awful physics, R*'s probably gonna keep them because everywhere people are all "IV SUCKED SO MUCH OH MAI GAWD V IS SO MUCH BETTER".

Why do stupid people get to run the world again? Stuff just ain't fair.

• B Dawg, GTAfear, DrAnomalous and 4 others like this

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Godfather

• Serbia

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:04 AM Edited by SonOfLiberty, 12 March 2014 - 02:04 AM.

You don't get it, do you? People are not complaining because the driving is difficult, they're complaining because it is HORRIBLE. They're complaining because it's too EASY. "Easy" is NOT the same as "better", except perhaps in your case it is. People are complaining because there's no fun in driving, there's no challenge, no risk, no excitement. Holding down the right trigger for extended periods of time and flicking the stick left or right to steer, or rather twist, the vehicle in the direction you want it to go is NOT better, or fun, or exciting.

You like the driving physics in V, that's fine, that's your preference, but please DON'T even attempt to try and convince anyone over the age of five that it's better than IV. The physics in IV were hardly perfect, but are nowhere as close to the abortion of Newton's Laws of Motion and general physics that those in V are.

I mean is it even possible to be a bad driver in GTA V? It literally has some of the most hand holding physics out of any open world game. The game lets you roll over vehicles with the analog stick if they're flipped over and lets you control them in the air rather face the consequences. People don't dislike GTA V's physics because they're bad drivers.

That makes me laugh.
  • DrAnomalous likes this

Agni
  • Agni

#WeeabooPower

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:57 AM

I feel the complete lack of mass is also evident when running people over.

In IV, when you got hit from a car crossing the street, Niko was almost always slammed down into the ground just like that. It really felt like a several thousand-pound car just slammed into you. In this game it's more like a pillow. And don't even get me started on the obvious lack of weight between cars...ugh.

• P2FX, GTAfear, TheTruthOnly and 1 other like this

P2FX
  • P2FX

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:49 AM

My main issue is if you spin out a little you get traction and keep going. If you spin out a lot your screwed. They got rigged so people who can't drive. Can have a snowball's chance in hell of keeping their car on the road. Which sucks for the the people who know how to drive. But keep in mind the game was made for everybody. If you want driving physics, go get a racing game.

No the vehicle physics is designed for kids. If it's made for everybody then it should have options to let people choose different driving modes like in TDU and Mafia II.

• Agni likes this

GTAfear
  • GTAfear

Think of a yellow rubber duck!

• Members

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:48 AM

Oh... My... Just... So much WIN in the last several comments, it's beautiful, I love you guys!
  • namor, Agni and TheTruthOnly like this

gtaxpert
  • gtaxpert

that's how I dooz it

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:02 AM

I mean is it even possible to be a bad driver in GTA V?

I don't play online, but I've seen online races on Youtube, and like 95% of people crash all over the place. So yes, it's definitely possible. IV cars might be more difficult to handle, but they are also pretty slow compared to V cars. It pretty much evens it out. The amount of crashes by people is similar.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Go eat your mom's ass

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:39 PM

I mean is it even possible to be a bad driver in GTA V?

I don't play online, but I've seen online races on Youtube, and like 95% of people crash all over the place. So yes, it's definitely possible. IV cars might be more difficult to handle, but they are also pretty slow compared to V cars. It pretty much evens it out. The amount of crashes by people is similar.

How do you crash while driving slow :lol: ?

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:00 PM Edited by BlackNoise, 12 March 2014 - 07:01 PM.

Franklin's ability makes the driving fun IMO. I loved IV's handling, but you can play at a much faster pace in V with Franklin's ability, and then it makes it more challenging.  

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:40 PM

people are just really bad at driving, that's why they complain

I agree. :^: That is the problem, people just cannot drive. A lot of people in here are saying that the physics are dumbed down, soulless, and dull so clearly they just cannot drive. I mean I said some people didn't like IV because they could not drive so clearly I don't know how to drive.

Spoiler

ric4rd094
  • ric4rd094

I appreciate your input, but please, f**k off ;)

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:16 PM Edited by ric4rd094, 12 March 2014 - 09:32 PM.

Driving in V may be enjoyable, I enyojed it myself at the beginning because it was diffrent, but more I played, I was noticing it is lacking of something.
Now the only way that I enjoy driving in V is to play with stoyan's mod from another forum.
It gives "life" to driving, it makes a challenge, you can't just pull the trigger all the way down, it is dangerous and crashes are much more effective.

Vanilla driving is just garbage for me. The law of physics are almost non existent. You can drive at 200 mph and it's not a challenge, car is "glued" to surface and all. Even changing terrain from tarmac to gravel is not as much noticeble like it was in IV.
Every car has magical traction control and auto-countering. You can go faster on top of Mt Chiliad in a sport car than a 4WD Karin Rebel for example, that's ridiculous for me.

If you have RGH on you Xbox 360 try a mod from stoyan - driving is finally enjoyable ;)

Please don't hate me for my post, it's just the way I feel. I think that R* wanted to do a game for everybody, but driving in this game is way too casual.
  • DrAnomalous likes this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:19 PM

I enjoyed V over the weekend but I could not help but go back to IV and I'm just hooked again. Weird...

• namor likes this

DrAnomalous
  • DrAnomalous

Disfavored Veracity

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 March 2014 - 01:05 AM Edited by DrAnomalous, 13 March 2014 - 05:18 AM.

I'm at a point where I can really only stand driving Muscle class. According to the legion of "mAWfuN" these cars handle like sh*t. I happen to like them because they have more slip n less grip. I happen to like them because they don't make me feel exactly like I'm driving a train. 

I also happen to think that if your playing a game rated M (17+) you should probably have a drivers license as well. Otherwise please just stay away from the debate. I've heard people say driving in GTA IV was similar to "driving on ice". Really, when was the last time you drove like that in real life? When was the last time you even tried to execute a power-slide or a figure of 8? I think if you had, you'd realize that just because GTA isn't a driving sim and that isn't it's sole dedicated purpose that doesn't mean it should be Mario Kart either.

• Ermac., Agni and Sting4S like this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 March 2014 - 01:15 PM

When people say that IV is like driving on ice, I always feel that they'll be in for a rude awakening when they really do get to drive on ice.

Han RX-7
  • Han RX-7

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 March 2014 - 01:19 PM Edited by Han RX-7, 13 March 2014 - 01:22 PM.

The driving sucks in this. It's obvious they catered toward all the whiners and kids who couldn't drive in IV by changing things in this. It went from the best driving in any car based game period to generic arcade sh*t that anyone can sit down and pick up in 30 seconds. Even some of the slowest cars in this drive like Ferraris due to this arcade style crap. It's not affected my ability to enjoy V but I am majorly disappointed they did such a step back. It all boils down to simplicity - they went from good driving to horrible driving.

EDIT - StingrayX I agree with you. Anyone who has ever been on icy roads can tell people comparing IV driving to ice driving are full of sh*t and clearly have no idea what they are talking about.

• GTAfear and DrAnomalous like this

rahjee
  • rahjee

They call me Smoove.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 March 2014 - 02:22 PM

@Stingray This shows you're an extremist, and you only like IV because of it's driving. But other than the car physics GTA 4 sucks. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users