Quantcast

» «
Photo

The Driving Debate

4,282 replies to this topic

Poll: Driving Debate (2305 member(s) have cast votes)

How do you feel about GTA V's driving mechanics

1. Its great. A huge improvement of GTA IV (917 votes [39.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 39.78%

2. I like it despite it feeling more "arcady" (637 votes [27.64%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.64%

3. Indifferent (102 votes [4.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.43%

4. I dont like it but I can live with it (271 votes [11.76%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.76%

5. Its terrible. Big step back from GTA IV (378 votes [16.40%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.40%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 06 December 2013 - 05:20 PM Edited by Vooodu, 06 December 2013 - 05:22 PM.

I'm full of sh*t for thinking the driving is easy? You're crazy! It is easy! :lol: It requires no skills higher the basic: accelerate, steer, brake.

If driving is easy are you saying you win every race with your eyes closed?  As if 'Through the Grapevine' with traffic on against a FULL lobby is easy to race.. Right?

Ya. You're full of sh*t.  And yes, it does require skill.  Maybe you should stop racing criminal records?
No offense, but that kind of logic is so dumb that it barely makes sense. The physics to me are easy because you can make a corner without much consequence. The steering is easier, braking feels assisted, and the way cars drift is very forgiving. That is easy.

No offense?  What...lol?

Ok so you can go full speed with any fully modded car and take any turn with no consequence?  So traffic, other drivers, road elevations and loss of traction never becomes a factor for you?  lol..

Either you are driving a faggio or you are full of sh*t pal. And you keep proving this with your null responses.

Besides, when did driving ever become difficult at slower speeds?  Its driving at really fast speeds where it becomes a challenge.  Driving is simple....  Handling it at top speeds with traffic, other racers and such is the challenge.

Unless you think that driving like grandma should be difficult...lmao.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

High Roller

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2013 - 06:51 PM

Jesus it is like talking to a brick wall. Just forget it. :facedesk:

CannaBitch
  • CannaBitch

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:11 PM

Obama actually made a small quip about GTA V's driving mechanics today:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

lol realy

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

High Roller

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:44 PM

@Voodu, you know what? :colgate: I'm going to make you hear what you wanna' hear go ahead and agree with you! The handling in V is, indeed, hard because I don't win everything. The handling is most definitely the hardest in the industry and therefore the handling is the best on HD consoles! I repeat, you are SO right and I was so wrong! Here is your cookie too!!! :cookie:

BBQ RIBS
  • BBQ RIBS

Peon

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:49 PM

Everything in GTA V has a different pace. GTA IV's driving wouldn't go with this game. That's all there is to say.

suicidehummer
  • suicidehummer

This post will self destruct in 3... 2... 1...

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:03 PM

Everything in GTA V has a different pace. GTA IV's driving wouldn't go with this game. That's all there is to say.

Yea, no.

THAT is all there is to say.

• Sting4S likes this

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 07 December 2013 - 02:59 PM Edited by Vooodu, 07 December 2013 - 03:00 PM.

@Voodu, you know what? :colgate: I'm going to make you hear what you wanna' hear go ahead and agree with you! The handling in V is, indeed, hard because I don't win everything. The handling is most definitely the hardest in the industry and therefore the handling is the best on HD consoles! I repeat, you are SO right and I was so wrong! Here is your cookie too!!! :cookie:

Gotta love people who act smart but post stupid things.

You claim driving is easy,  WTF does 'easy' mean then?

Of course driving is easy...  Its DRIVING AT HIGH RATES OF SPEED that's hard.  That's my f*ckin' point.

So if you claim driving is easy then you should be winning every race.      But you don't really race do you.

So how the f*ck are you gonna sit there and claim its easy?  Was driving ever hard in any game?  Even in real life, driving is easy..   But driving as fast as you can and not crashing or spinning out is a totally different story.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

High Roller

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 December 2013 - 03:25 PM

You really are that blind to see that when I say easy, I mean more dumbed down and simplistic? I found IV's driving more challenging. Adapting to that makes the driving in V feel simple and much much much more forgiving and predictable. You don't even have to do half of what you need to do in IV to pull stunts.

Do you see what I mean now? I thought it would've been as simple to understand as the reason as to why we slice bread.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 07 December 2013 - 03:59 PM Edited by Vooodu, 07 December 2013 - 04:00 PM.

You really are that blind to see that when I say easy, I mean more dumbed down and simplistic? I found IV's driving more challenging. Adapting to that makes the driving in V feel simple and much much much more forgiving and predictable. You don't even have to do half of what you need to do in IV to pull stunts.

Do you see what I mean now? I thought it would've been as simple to understand as the reason as to why we slice bread.

lol... GTA 4  driving is more challenging?  They are both 'easy' and 'hard' at different speed and car classes, what are you even talking about.  Sliced bread?  You are basically comparing the thickness of the bread.

I mean I pefer GTA 4s driving mechanics but not because of the actual driving.. 

In GTA 4 cars had better damage and weight mechanics.  If I rammed someone full throttle in GTA 4 my front end would be f*cked and id lose all my speed.  In GTA 5 is easy to ram someone full speed, take no damage and maintain nearly full speed in the process.

This whole.. Driving is dumbed down is pretty dumb in my books.   

Again, driving is easy.  At a high rate of speed its not easy. 

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Thug

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 04:27 PM

Driving at high speeds is nowhere near challenging at all thanks to hand haldong and next to no physics engine whatsoever. You no longer need to be careful or control your speed or prepare before taking a turn. Whoever thinks it comes close to IV's is an idiot.
  • Sting4S likes this

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 07 December 2013 - 04:38 PM Edited by Vooodu, 07 December 2013 - 04:39 PM.

Driving at high speeds is nowhere near challenging at all thanks to hand haldong and next to no physics engine whatsoever. You no longer need to be careful or control your speed or prepare before taking a turn. Whoever thinks it comes close to IV's is an idiot.

I no longer have to be careful or control my speed eh?  WTF are you even smoking?

lol... 

I mean seriously.  Are you saying you can race "Through the Grapevine" without ever using brakes in a fully modded super car with traffic and other racers... And still win?

Ya, il be waiting for that video...lmao

I think some of you need to lay off the drugs and stop driving in a straight line like grandma.

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 06:04 PM

lol... GTA 4  driving is more challenging?  They are both 'easy' and 'hard' at different speed and car classes, what are you even talking about.  Sliced bread?  You are basically comparing the thickness of the bread.

I mean I pefer GTA 4s driving mechanics but not because of the actual driving.. 

In GTA 4 cars had better damage and weight mechanics.  If I rammed someone full throttle in GTA 4 my front end would be f*cked and id lose all my speed.  In GTA 5 is easy to ram someone full speed, take no damage and maintain nearly full speed in the process.

This whole.. Driving is dumbed down is pretty dumb in my books.   

Again, driving is easy.  At a high rate of speed its not easy. 

Well I don't know for you, but if I ram someone full speed, the chances of dying are 90%.

Or I will get ejected and die in mid-air.

Or the other car will blow up for no reason.

• Sting4S and zielarz119 like this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

High Roller

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 December 2013 - 06:06 PM

God. I think the only guy who needs to lay off the drugs is you. Contradicting yourself, not getting the point, and acting like a buffoon

You are stubborn as hell and will not accept anyone's posts other than your own. You're worse than my douche German teacher and that guys is stubborn-ism at it's finest.

Aragrox
  • Aragrox

F*ck That

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 06:19 PM

The driving is easy because it requires little to no skill.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 07 December 2013 - 07:29 PM

God. I think the only guy who needs to lay off the drugs is you. Contradicting yourself, not getting the point, and acting like a buffoon

You are stubborn as hell and will not accept anyone's posts other than your own. You're worse than my douche German teacher and that guys is stubborn-ism at it's finest.

So now im contradicting myself eh?...lmao.

Stop being mad and flat out stupid.

You said... "You really are that blind to see that when I say easy, I mean more dumbed down and simplistic?"

So you are the one contradicting yourself... First you say its easy, then dumbed down and then simplistic...

So f*ckin prove it Or  STFU... Simple as that really.

I've proven you wrong every time you posted anything.. And you just keep acting like im missing your point when you really have no point.

If driving is so easy, then show me videos of yourself driving as fast as possible on the tightest roads with a lot of turns and traffic.  If its so easy you should be able to maintain top speed without crashing or spinning out.

Go ahead and prove it...lol

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 07 December 2013 - 07:31 PM Edited by Vooodu, 07 December 2013 - 07:47 PM.

The driving is easy because it requires little to no skill.

Stop driving slow Or start racing..

All of you who keep saying its easy are simply flat out retarded....Just sayin' you're full of sh*t.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

High Roller

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:14 PM

You should just get some rest, dude. :whuh: 'Cuz... you're off your nut, just sayin'.

B3dukes
  • B3dukes

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:26 AM

i want to be able to drift my car. yeah i can slide it around corners but when you see a car in real life drifting you dont see them let off the gas they power thought the corner and if im pressing the gas in a corner i want it to keep accelerating not let off the gas when im not telling it to.

Aragrox
  • Aragrox

F*ck That

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:13 AM

Stop driving slow Or start racing..

All of you who keep saying its easy are simply flat out retarded....Just sayin' you're full of sh*t.

Ok, I'm sorry you find this game regular or difficult, I don't find it easy neither, this sh*t stupid easy, but maybe I'm that good of player. 

If driving is so easy, then show me videos of yourself driving as fast as possible on the tightest roads with a lot of turns and traffic.  If its so easy you should be able to maintain top speed without crashing or spinning out.

Go ahead and prove it...lol

This don't make sense, here's why---> whats the point of driving fast as possible on the tightest roads with lots of turns and traffic if the handling is like what your buddy said, sh*tless, which this thread is about, how terrible this driving is. "Maintain top speed without crashing or spinning out", you need more details with this one, I'm sure just about everyone reached top speed in a Voodoo. 

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:34 AM Edited by ThroatSlasher2, 08 December 2013 - 01:36 AM.

A little off topic here but, am I the only one annoyed that cars have impressive top speeds but never seem to get really fast. I mean, in one of my save files, the fastest speed I ever got to was 198 mph in a Vacca. (Which is odd considering the top speed is 190 mph, if I remember correctly) The problem is, that I find myself speeding 90% of the time when im driving. Also, all my cars are supercars, so how am I suppose to believe, that I can't get over 318 kmh in ANY of those cars. It just seems ridiculous. How come the Adder as a top speed of 250 mph when the only person in the whole state capable of bringing it there is Franklin, with his special ability ? Hell, im pretty sure I drove the Adder a lot of times in that save file and it seems I never crossed that 198 mph (318 kmh). I never drove a car in real life, especially a super car like the Veyron, but im pretty sure a few miles of highways are enough to reach that speed, considering it has 1100 f*cking HP.

/off topic

Aragrox
  • Aragrox

F*ck That

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:56 AM

A little off topic here but, am I the only one annoyed that cars have impressive top speeds but never seem to get really fast. I mean, in one of my save files, the fastest speed I ever got to was 198 mph in a Vacca.

/off topic

Nah dude, your not the only one. Franklins special ability throws it off, with slidey car cheat, I can hit 320 mph. Without no cheats or abilities, I can hit around 118mph in the gauntlet and with slidey cheat around 160mph I think, I'll I post an update.

zielarz119
  • zielarz119

Peon

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 04:23 AM

Of course driving is easy...  Its DRIVING AT HIGH RATES OF SPEED that's hard.  That's my f*ckin' point.

It's not hard, is f*cking easy. How could you say it is hard, are you on crack?

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:01 AM

A little off topic here but, am I the only one annoyed that cars have impressive top speeds but never seem to get really fast. I mean, in one of my save files, the fastest speed I ever got to was 198 mph in a Vacca.

/off topic

Nah dude, your not the only one. Franklins special ability throws it off, with slidey car cheat, I can hit 320 mph. Without no cheats or abilities, I can hit around 118mph in the gauntlet and with slidey cheat around 160mph I think, I'll I post an update.

Yeah but why does it work like that ? How is being focused help to get to speeds the vehicle was made for. Take the Infernus for example, supposed to have a top speed of 215 mph. However, I never get higher than 170 approximately. But one time, I tried driving really f*cking fast, on the highway and activate Franklin's special ability. It then marked my new top speed with Franklin, at 235 mph, in an Infernus. Where did these 20 extra mph come from ? How come you can push cars so much over their limits. Same thing with the Adder, brought it up once, to 289 mph. 65 kmh faster than its LIMIT. Sorry, but im smelling bullsh*t with this mechanic.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

High Roller

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:58 AM

Everybody just ignore Voodu. He's being a troll and we're derailing this topic. If this argument does not stop, this thread will end up like the NY train derailment.

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:08 AM

anyone notice how cars looks weird coming to a dead stop?  sometimes they learch sideways a little, its really weird.

• Sting4S likes this

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:10 AM

It's not hard, is f*cking easy. How could you say it is hard, are you on crack?

When is driving in any game or real life HARD unless you give it some tits?   Are you on crack or just straight up wack like the rest of the people who keep spewing non sense about driving being easy.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:11 AM

Everybody just ignore Voodu. He's being a troll and we're derailing this topic. If this argument does not stop, this thread will end up like the NY train derailment.

Ya im derailing the topic....... By actually staying on topic?

Driving easy guys....I can drive with one finger.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:14 AM

This don't make sense, here's why---> whats the point of driving fast as possible on the tightest roads with lots of turns and traffic

Racing or Getting way?

I mean, if we are talking about driving isn't racing and getaways the highest point of GTA?  How does that not make sense.?

FileX
  • FileX

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:14 PM

Hey guys,Im new here can u tell me how i can download GTA IV or V? please.

zielarz119
  • zielarz119

Peon

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:19 PM

This don't make sense, here's why---> whats the point of driving fast as possible on the tightest roads with lots of turns and traffic

Racing or Getting way?

I mean, if we are talking about driving isn't racing and getaways the highest point of GTA?  How does that not make sense.?

This is not NFS, kid. This is GTA deal with it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users