Quantcast

» «
Photo

The Driving Debate

4,293 replies to this topic

Poll: Driving Debate (2306 member(s) have cast votes)

How do you feel about GTA V's driving mechanics

1. Its great. A huge improvement of GTA IV (917 votes [39.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 39.77%

2. I like it despite it feeling more "arcady" (638 votes [27.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.67%

3. Indifferent (102 votes [4.42%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.42%

4. I dont like it but I can live with it (271 votes [11.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.75%

5. Its terrible. Big step back from GTA IV (378 votes [16.39%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.39%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

A GTA V fanboy's worst nightmare

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Biggest Fanboy 2014
    Worst Fanboy 2013
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:46 AM

Although this was resolved a couple of days ago I didn't even ban the guy. I was actually being very lenient.

(joking, don't take what i've typed below seriously)

oh, so you're lenient with him but not me? THAT'S BULLsh*t! remember when i said johnny is a better protag than niko on "Is Michael Townley the best GTA Protagonist ever?" thread? you banned me > :(

the link to our conversation: http://gtaforums.com...ist-ever/page-2

SonOfLiberty: no one and I mean no one is as great as the legendary Niko Bellic. Not Tommy, not CJ, not Claude, not  Trevor etc. Anyone who disagrees will get a ban stick up the ass. 
Me: niko may be the strongest, but johnny is still a better character

then you banned me for 4 weeks. screw you > :(

*Another 4 week temp ban*

eric91611
  • eric91611

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:47 AM

Okay stingray stfu I got a Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4x4 with a high output v8. I know how to drive I 4x4 all the time. And I didn't talk sh*t I said we need someone to mod the mod. Its not a matter of if you banned him its wrong to threatin someone for speaking their mind. Freedom of speach. Cmon mod your what's wrong with this country trying to use your power to silence people. Have some respect, this is america, be a mod not a child.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

High Roller

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:53 AM

Okay stingray stfu I got a Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4x4 with a high output v8. I know how to drive I 4x4 all the time. And I didn't talk sh*t I said we need someone to mod the mod. Its not a matter of if you banned him its wrong to threatin someone for speaking their mind. Freedom of speach. Cmon mod your what's wrong with this country trying to use your power to silence people. Have some respect, this is america, be a mod not a child.

You got a 4x4? It can climb rocks right? Try doing that with a Canis in V, you'll f*ck it up because it lacks a suspension. Oh yeah, and this is not just America, this site has many different people from multiple different countries. The mod you're talking about happens to be an Aussie.

eric91611
  • eric91611

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:07 AM

This is the only good forum for gta i like this one but the mods here ruin it for everyone by talking down to people and.bein on power trips i was just saying you shouldnt tell people your gonna string them up by the balls and i get reemed by other mods. Not right. If i gotta lose my membersh*t to speak my mind great. You cant intimidate me. You can suck my dick ya f*cking bitch ass basement dwelling losers at least im not a punk like you guys. I hope your proud of yourself SonOf i really liked this forum till you ruined it for me. How can you say you didnt abuse your power you said ill string you up by your balls if you dont listen to me you cant defend sh*t you know your wrong and its not even about a forum anymore its about principle which you obviously have none. And on top of it another mod told me id be flat on my face out the door. Im sorry but f*ck that i like the forum but i wont stick around to be treated like a bitch. You guys will get yours in the end.

eric91611
  • eric91611

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:10 AM

Well thank sting way to represent your country Son.

Ermacs
  • Ermacs

paleontologist

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:17 AM

eric, if one simple comment that wasn't even directed at you ruins these forums for you, then you might not be cut out for the internet as a whole man. Just sayin.  :/

eric91611
  • eric91611

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:40 AM

eric, if one simple comment that wasn't even directed at you ruins these forums for you, then you might not be cut out for the internet as a whole man. Just sayin.  :/

You have no idea what happened. Its called principles and I stand by mine whether on the internet or in life. I'm not going to be abused by power hungry losers in any way online or offline.

tomaukz
  • tomaukz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:04 AM

do yoy have the game sir [/size]

Yes sir, tip for you you can see which direction they coming in ur mini map ( flashlights ) plus just find your self driving to a spot where you cant be found easy ( voila avoided police without any damage, already worked with 4 stars only thing is that you get some bullet holes in ur car :)

It's not the 3 star wanted level that's hard, it's the 4 and 5 that's ridiculous

iProinsias
  • iProinsias

Chen Zhen

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:09 PM

The driving of IV is such a low caliber. No offense but bitch do you drive? :lol: V's driving is the one of such low caliber. And nobody is speaking graphics in this thread so what are you on about? Grow up, stop double posting, and stop talking sh*t about the mods before I report you and you can end up banned like iPronish*t-or-whatever should.

You're a dumb fa**ot. I not only drive vehicles, with loads of material in the back (plywood, shovels, lowering devices, fuel cans filled with diesel fuel, etc.), I regularly drive a 3120 John Deere tractor, and I have to manipulate the front end loader, while driving, to navigate between rows of tombstones, and around cars. On top of that, my father, who has been riding motorcycles since before I was born, taught me to ride a bike when I was 12. I'm now 26, and have been riding motorcycles ever since. I would bet my entire bank account I'm a better driver than you. The driving in GTA 5 is better than any GTA before it, and better than almost any sandbox game out there.

Also, very clever, with the whole f*cking up my username on purpose thing, StingGAYx.

Man, that was taxing, slightly changing your username to be offensive. God, I need a nap. Moron.

User was warned for this post

iProinsias
  • iProinsias

Chen Zhen

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:11 PM

This is the only good forum for gta i like this one but the mods here ruin it for everyone by talking down to people and.bein on power trips i was just saying you shouldnt tell people your gonna string them up by the balls and i get reemed by other mods. Not right. If i gotta lose my membersh*t to speak my mind great. You cant intimidate me. You can suck my dick ya f*cking bitch ass basement dwelling losers at least im not a punk like you guys. I hope your proud of yourself SonOf i really liked this forum till you ruined it for me. How can you say you didnt abuse your power you said ill string you up by your balls if you dont listen to me you cant defend sh*t you know your wrong and its not even about a forum anymore its about principle which you obviously have none. And on top of it another mod told me id be flat on my face out the door. Im sorry but f*ck that i like the forum but i wont stick around to be treated like a bitch. You guys will get yours in the end.

QFT

SuburbansWorst
  • SuburbansWorst

Liberal Black Activist

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:47 PM

The reason the cars explode so easily is because the retarded 12-year-olds this game is aimed at think that explosions are so WICKED TOTALLY RAD YO.

Face it, this is a game for 12-year-olds.

implying explosions aren't cool? 

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

High Roller

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:12 PM

I found this post in an earlier thread. A bit harsh and too blunt but it is all true. :^:

Yeah, this is what I was afraid of.  It looks like the suspension is harder than a boulder.  The turning looks so unrealistic now and the cars don't whiplash when impacted.  It looks awful but I guess they are trying to please the lazy dumb pricks that can't learn to not hold down the accelerator all the time in a video game.

Seriously, take your sh*tty little 10 year old car and try driving around town with your foot mashed down the entire time like you do in GTA.  See how easily you can (can't) turn and how "boaty" your car will feel with even the slightest turning. GTA IV was very realistic.  I wish they tightened the suspension a little and left the driving physics alone.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

BMRF SECURITY

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:24 PM

@StingrayX

Saying somethin' doens't make it true.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

High Roller

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:51 PM

@StingrayX

Saying somethin' doens't make it true.

Saying somethin' doesn't make it true... what exactly is your point? :dontgetit: Its true in my opinion.

suicidehummer
  • suicidehummer

This post will self destruct in 3... 2... 1...

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:02 PM

LOL, this eric guy is proof that any monkey-brained halfwit can get a license in this country. Our licensing requirements are the most lenient, our tests are a joke, and a standard license will let you drive anything from a Lamborghini to a 10,000 lb box truck or motorhome. Most people never push their car even close to it's limits and have no idea how it would react at them. That's why nobody can avoid crashes, they just accept it as an inevitability once they start to break traction.

But back on topic, that's why simply having a license, or even driving for X amount of years does not qualify you to talk about vehicle physics. Unfortunately, the vast majority of people do not realize this and that's why they're just fine with V's physics.

• Sting4S likes this

Aragrox
  • Aragrox

F*ck That

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:02 AM Edited by Aragrox, 02 December 2013 - 01:10 AM.

You're a dumb fa**ot. I not only drive vehicles, with loads of material in the back (plywood, shovels, lowering devices, fuel cans filled with diesel fuel, etc.), I regularly drive a 3120 John Deere tractor, and I have to manipulate the front end loader, while driving, to navigate between rows of tombstones, and around cars. On top of that, my father, who has been riding motorcycles since before I was born, taught me to ride a bike when I was 12. I'm now 26, and have been riding motorcycles ever since. I would bet my entire bank account I'm a better driver than you. The driving in GTA 5 is better than any GTA before it, and better than almost any sandbox game out there.

Also, very clever, with the whole f*cking up my username on purpose thing, StingGAYx.

Man, that was taxing, slightly changing your username to be offensive. God, I need a nap. Moron.

The Driving in GTA 5 is better at making the game easier for kids.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

High Roller

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:07 AM

The Driving in GTA 5 is better at making the game easier for kids.

Warned for what? Is there a hidden code?

Aragrox
  • Aragrox

F*ck That

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:17 AM

I just did what they did with GTA V, copy and paste. (staying on topic?)

namor
  • namor

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:49 AM Edited by namor, 02 December 2013 - 01:51 AM.

I've been playing IV and the DLCs for the past two weeks, after completely finishing V, and it's absolutely heavenly, delightful, exhiliarating and joyfully orgasmic to once again experience the driving in them. The momentum, the inertia, the weight shifting, the steering, the suspension, the drifting, the power sliding, the collision damage, the non-exaggerated acceleration, braking and speed, makes me realise that I will never go back to playing V ever again. Despite the gorgeous and detailed, yet ultimately empty, world and improved gunplay, the driving physics is a game-breaker when it comes to any replay value for me.

I have spent hours on end, over the past fortnight, merely racing and cruising Liberty City in every vehicle I can get hold of, and there are some which I'd never driven before. Each one is unique, with its own physics and performance. The wild ride of the Banshee and Coquette, the high performance of the smooth handling Turismo and Infernus made me have a sex wee. The SUVs handle the way they should and the saloons are a joy to ride.

As for the motorcycles...what in the name of the Dark One Below was the unholy sh!t that was aborted to be presented as motorbike physics in V? The motorcycle physics and handling are as close to perfect as they can get in IV. Each bike is so unique, you cannot ride different bikes (or cars) exactly the same way, you need to adapt your driving style to the vehicle you're in. In V, it's all the same...hold down the accelerator, twitch the left stick, and you don't need to bother with the brakes or e-brake - you don't need to adapt to the vehicle, and this is why the driving in V is boring, monotonous and the vampires have sucked every last drop of fun and enjoyment out of it to leave a dessicated husk of its former glory.

Sod this for a game of soldiers, I'm going back to the GTA IV board.

• Miamivicecity, suicidehummer, Ermacs and 2 others like this

The Khamelion
  • The Khamelion

The Drifter

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:53 AM

While it definitely does seem much more arcady, the driving in V is nothing but an improvement over IV's mechanics. I love being able to go on a police chase in V and being able to make a quick turn at an intersection and continue in the new direction at full speed. I remember back in IV, when police chases were impossible on anything but a straightaway. Trying to turn a corner without the handbrake was impossible in itself. Throw the handbrake in there, you were even worse off! You would go sliding way past the turn and spin out into a wall or parked car and be trapped between that and the cop cars ramming into you from behind. With V's mechanics, you can actually enjoy drifting around corners and weaving in and out of traffic, whereas in IV you would be sure to spin out of control while trying anything other than straight forward acceleration.

• MChammer916 likes this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

High Roller

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:07 AM

While it definitely does seem much more arcady, the driving in V is nothing but an improvement over IV's mechanics. I love being able to go on a police chase in V and being able to make a quick turn at an intersection and continue in the new direction at full speed. I remember back in IV, when police chases were impossible on anything but a straightaway. Trying to turn a corner without the handbrake was impossible in itself. Throw the handbrake in there, you were even worse off! You would go sliding way past the turn and spin out into a wall or parked car and be trapped between that and the cop cars ramming into you from behind. With V's mechanics, you can actually enjoy drifting around corners and weaving in and out of traffic, whereas in IV you would be sure to spin out of control while trying anything other than straight forward acceleration.

I have no problem with the fact that you love V's mechanics, but I have a few points to pick out that puzzle me: V is nothing but an improvement over IV's mechanics to me this is merely based off of opinions and preferences. I prefer a challenge, physics that actually give a vehicle it's characteristics, and to actually receive feedback from the steering. The only vehicle that actually felt like a car in V, to me, was the Manana because it actually had weight and didn't turn on a dime. Hell it was almost identical to IV's handling, it just lacked the suspension and wollowy handling you'd expect to get at higher speeds. when police chases were impossible on anything but a straightaway. Trying to turn a corner without the handbrake was impossible in itself. I'm not going to lie, this made me cringe. From my playthrough of IV for all of these years, this isn't true. I find it awfully easy to corner whilst speeding and I rarely use the E-brake (I only use that for flash like if I want to make the chase look fancier and drift). A lot of cars come with ABS in this game and you just have to know when to brake. You can't just speed into a corner, brake at the last minute, and expect to make the corner without any consequences. Do that in real life and you'll probably end up dead or severely injured. I know, I know, this is a video game. But to me challenge is what makes the handling more fun and besides, IV isn't really that realistic. You probably drive a lot of cars that lack ABS meaning if you brake hard your car will skid. Maybe that is why you need to use your E-brake a lot. Well simply just lightly press on the brake few tens of meters from the corner and turn. It'll feel smoother rather than just mashing the brakes and trying to turn, then you're just asking fro trouble. Police chases for me are easy in IV and I find it fun to corner quite frankly. With V's mechanics, you can actually enjoy drifting around corners and weaving in and out of traffic, I'm sure I'm not the only guy who noticed that you can't actually drift drift in V. You can only do rather sh*tty feeling power slides that end too quickly and leave a lot to be desired. I tested out drifting a Futo, Buffalo, Dukes, and Feltzer around corners on IV's runway and found them to be the best drifters. You can literally speed into corners with them, press the e-brake for half a second, and drift perfectly into a corner and out of one without any problems. I've tried my style of drifting in V, with the countersteering and sliding, and found myself disappointed. I've either spun out a lot or found my drifts too short lived to be enjoyable. Hell, drifting in V just feels wrong. The cars have almost no weight and have absolutely no suspensions whatsoever and that kind of screws up the ability to drift. Now about weaving in and out of traffic: I've done this in IV and you have to be very precise. Be careful about where you brake and where you decided to mash into the gas. In V it just feels way too effortless and thus boring, at least to me. The better sense of speed in V got me for a bit but then that grew old and I had begun to see how boring weaving was. About that last part in your paragraph, I've barely spun out of control trying to overtake somebody unless I made an inevitable mistake or was hit by another car. No offense, but you'd be terrible at Forza. One mistake overtaking somebody and then you'd be spinning out of control. That hasn't really happened to me in IV. ;)

I've been playing IV and the DLCs for the past two weeks, after completely finishing V, and it's absolutely heavenly, delightful, exhiliarating and joyfully orgasmic to once again experience the driving in them. The momentum, the inertia, the weight shifting, the steering, the suspension, the drifting, the power sliding, the collision damage, the non-exaggerated acceleration, braking and speed, makes me realise that I will never go back to playing V ever again. Despite the gorgeous and detailed, yet ultimately empty, world and improved gunplay, the driving physics is a game-breaker when it comes to any replay value for me.

I have spent hours on end, over the past fortnight, merely racing and cruising Liberty City in every vehicle I can get hold of, and there are some which I'd never driven before. Each one is unique, with its own physics and performance. The wild ride of the Banshee and Coquette, the high performance of the smooth handling Turismo and Infernus made me have a sex wee. The SUVs handle the way they should and the saloons are a joy to ride.

As for the motorcycles...what in the name of the Dark One Below was the unholy sh!t that was aborted to be presented as motorbike physics in V? The motorcycle physics and handling are as close to perfect as they can get in IV. Each bike is so unique, you cannot ride different bikes (or cars) exactly the same way, you need to adapt your driving style to the vehicle you're in. In V, it's all the same...hold down the accelerator, twitch the left stick, and you don't need to bother with the brakes or e-brake - you don't need to adapt to the vehicle, and this is why the driving in V is boring, monotonous and the vampires have sucked every last drop of fun and enjoyment out of it to leave a dessicated husk of its former glory.

Sod this for a game of soldiers, I'm going back to the GTA IV board.

Quoted for truth, I can understand why you feel that way and I agree. I'm back to playing IV, mostly for the driving physics but I'm seeing that IV just feels more like a natural product compared to V anyways. :^:

• namor and FasterThanYou like this

MChammer916
  • MChammer916

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:00 AM

LOL, this eric guy is proof that any monkey-brained halfwit can get a license in this country. Our licensing requirements are the most lenient, our tests are a joke, and a standard license will let you drive anything from a Lamborghini to a 10,000 lb box truck or motorhome. Most people never push their car even close to it's limits and have no idea how it would react at them. That's why nobody can avoid crashes, they just accept it as an inevitability once they start to break traction.

But back on topic, that's why simply having a license, or even driving for X amount of years does not qualify you to talk about vehicle physics. Unfortunately, the vast majority of people do not realize this and that's why they're just fine with V's physics.

you sound like a loser. Go talk to dmv if you want to change policies no one wants to hear u cry.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

High Roller

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:47 PM

you sound like a loser. Go talk to dmv if you want to change policies no one wants to hear u cry.

What is the point of this comment? If you can't contribute, then you can shut up and get out. You sound like a loser.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

High Roller

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:39 PM Edited by StingrayX, 02 December 2013 - 04:40 PM.

The driving of IV is such a low caliber. No offense but bitch do you drive? :lol: V's driving is the one of such low caliber. And nobody is speaking graphics in this thread so what are you on about? Grow up, stop double posting, and stop talking sh*t about the mods before I report you and you can end up banned like iPronish*t-or-whatever should.

I just decided to give this utterly ridiculous post a thorough read and... what dafuq?

You'd bet your bank account that you're a better driver than me? How much ya got? Anyways, you think V has the best handling in any sand box game? Quite a bold statement to make. Judging from such a statement, you've probably only played GTA's as far as gaming. And you probably drove like a dork in IV without knowing how to handle a car, that is why you hated the handling so much.

BTW sorry for double posting.

TempAccount
  • TempAccount

GTA V PC

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:24 AM Edited by TempAccount, 03 December 2013 - 12:29 AM.

Can I be warned for this post?

Edit:

Also, people like The Khamelion (and MChammer916 because he liked his post) should be taken out back and shot.

The world would be a better place.

buster.11
  • buster.11

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:41 AM

The thing I hate about GTA V is when you find a very nice car, and then you go to Los Santos Customs, and you can't modify it or sell it or anything. Is it only when you steal it and then it says "this car is to hot to modify" ? Or is it something else?

otherwise, the game is great. found out some cool glitches.

im not willing to be in the cheater circle.

Cause im not a cheater. but some of the cheats are fun, you know?

GTA V is very specific.

its very detailed, and realistic.

well this is a very good forum.

who else loves GTA V Online?

Revoltion
  • Revoltion

Rev

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:07 AM

Am I the only one who's noticed that no matter how subtly you break in a car your character and the others in the car always fly forward as if you've breaked at hight speeds. I practically have to roll to a stop because it gets so annoying.

astro2
  • astro2

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:11 PM Edited by astro2, 03 December 2013 - 12:12 PM.

was gonna say great improvement but chose the second option i.e too arcadey

i mean gta4 over did it, eg. the gear box noise, like ALL cars were manuals (stick shift) and ALL cars had 6 gears, it just got so ANNOYING

as for the handling it would CONSTANTLY oversteer (or understeer i get this mixed up sometimes) you can't drive on the grass because if you do it was like driving on oil, and let me tell you if they were going for realism they are dead wrong, i've driven my toytota on open patches of grass and i get great traction like its a road

GTA V

CONS: they fixed problems but ADDED a new one too, like driving off huge slopes or small mountains and the car just twists and turns constantly ALWAYS smashing into things..whats with the twisting?? when flying in the air shouldn't the car be horizontal and flat?? whats with the twisting and turning and somersaulting??

CONS2: they still don't have quick acceleration like real cars, if you press the gas pedal in real life the car moves immediately, in this the car takes time to move, i mean wtf? they need to reprogram the wheels to instantaneously turn and push the car IMMEDIATELY. I want REAL time movement, last thing i need is hit an object then stop then take ages to move as i'm in a cop chase, and those few micro seconds count when you're being surrounded

seriously?? they focus on realism to the point you can control the roof of your car but can't get this aspect correct? realism that adds nothing to the game shouldn't be in it, eg. headlights, which btw turn on automatically anyways and if you try to turn them off they will turn ON (like the first set of lights aren't part of the car) before you can turn them OFF

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

A GTA V fanboy's worst nightmare

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Biggest Fanboy 2014
    Worst Fanboy 2013
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:20 PM

as for the handling it would CONSTANTLY oversteer (or understeer i get this mixed up sometimes) you can't drive on the grass because if you do it was like driving on oil, and let me tell you if they were going for realism they are dead wrong, i've driven my toytota on open patches of grass and i get great traction like its a road

GTA IV wasn't aiming for realism to its fullest extent, but it did manage to authenticate basic driving characteristics pretty well. Much better than GTA V has.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

High Roller

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:01 PM

Um in real life if you're pushing a car to it's limit, you will either get oversteer or understeer and with some cars you'll barely see problems -- but even then no car, NO CAR, steers like the supercars in V. The Turismo in IV is the perfect example of a car that does not oversteer nor understeer whilst speeding around the corners and you can feel road feedback.

As for driving on grass, are you dense? I'm sure if you actually sped on grass with your Toyota, you'd find it hard to control. The way cars drive on grass in V is virtually retarded and just f*cks up the laws of friction. If you have a Toyota SUV, sure driving on grass isn't hard. Driving on grass in an SUV in IV isn't hard either, If you drive a Serrano off road in IV you'll get almost road like traction even whilst climbing rocks, which is something you can't do in V without screwing up the front fascia of your car.

• FasterThanYou likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users