Quantcast

» «
Photo

The Driving Debate

4,857 replies to this topic

Poll: Driving Debate (2585 member(s) have cast votes)

How do you feel about GTA V's driving mechanics

1. Its great. A huge improvement of GTA IV (1012 votes [39.15%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 39.15%

2. I like it despite it feeling more "arcady" (722 votes [27.93%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.93%

3. Indifferent (120 votes [4.64%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.64%

4. I dont like it but I can live with it (307 votes [11.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.88%

5. Its terrible. Big step back from GTA IV (424 votes [16.40%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.40%

Vote Guests cannot vote
TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 29 November 2013 - 04:24 AM

F*cking hell. Take it to PM.

iProinsias
  • iProinsias

Chen Zhen

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 November 2013 - 04:35 AM

Shut the f*ck up with this bullsh*t already. People have personal arguments on this forum all the time. If you don't like it, find another GTA5 msb.

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 29 November 2013 - 04:38 AM

Shut the f*ck up with this bullsh*t already. People have personal arguments on this forum all the time. If you don't like it, find another GTA5 msb.

Not the brightest idea to tell a moderator to shut the f*ck up kid. You're lucky I haven't strung you up by your balls and booted your ass out.

You wont be so lucky next time.

• ThroatSlasher2 and Scaglietti like this

iProinsias
  • iProinsias

Chen Zhen

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 November 2013 - 04:46 AM

Not the brightest idea to tell a moderator to shut the f*ck up kid.

Hahaha, way to compensate for a small penis, "kid".

"I'm a moderator on a relatively small message board, FEAR MY WRATH!". This forum is ridiculous. Any time someone says something another person doesn't like, the "you must be too young to understand how much smarter than you I am" argument comes out. Its the cheapest, lamest cop out around. The way people used to be like "you're Hitler, you're a nazi, etc.", now its "you're a child, you're a kiddie, you're younger than me (even though I have no way of knowing how old you actually are) and that makes me superior". How do people using this kind of obvious, baseless and ultimately irrelevant (either someone is besting you in an argument or they aren't, age shouldn't even factor in) kind of argument is a joke.

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 29 November 2013 - 04:57 AM

Jeez. Get over it already. All I said was to take it to PM and then you respond telling me to shut f*ck up and now saying I have a small penis?

If you find this forum ridiculous use your own advice and find another one.

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:25 AM

Not the brightest idea to tell a moderator to shut the f*ck up kid.

Hahaha, way to compensate for a small penis, "kid".

I hope you enjoyed your pass by here because it seems you won't be hanging around for long pal. I admit, I quite enjoy watching senseless fools insulting and getting on the nerves of moderators (its like watching a fat kid flipping off a T-Rex) but please, do yourself a favor and quit with the attitude. You won't gain respect from no-one with it. 

• namor likes this

CHILLI
  • CHILLI

Playa

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:17 PM

So um... has anyone gone back and compared the driving to GTA SA?

To me they seem to be very similiar in a lot of ways, with the exception that the cars in V have a more weighty feel to them compared to SA. Sure, the driving in V feels more aided here and there with landing jumps and going over bumps but in general I think they are like brothers to each other. It's like... SA's handling with the complexity from IV with a little simplifaction here and there.

After treating V's driving more like SA it felt a lot better somehow. I guess it's knowing the intention that makes it easier to accept or something. Your thoughts on this?

BoneMachine
  • BoneMachine

I Kill Threads

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:17 PM

I gotta say I waaaaay prefer the handling on GTA V. Makes driving much more fun and less of a chore. I can understand why people appreciated IV's more realistic handling but it's not the kinda thing I really want when playing GTA.

Different strokes for different folks though!

• Scaglietti likes this

BoneMachine
  • BoneMachine

I Kill Threads

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:19 PM

So um... has anyone gone back and compared the driving to GTA SA?

To me they seem to be very similiar in a lot of ways, with the exception that the cars in V have a more weighty feel to them compared to SA. Sure, the driving in V feels more aided here and there with landing jumps and going over bumps but in general I think they are like brothers to each other. It's like... SA's handling with the complexity from IV with a little simplifaction here and there.

After treating V's driving more like SA it felt a lot better somehow. I guess it's knowing the intention that makes it easier to accept or something. Your thoughts on this?

Yeah I was playing SA this week and I noticed the exact thing: V's cars have more weight but essentially the handling is just as arcade-y. Makes for a more enjoyable game I find. 

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 03:49 PM

I went back to Saints Row 3 to compare the driving ... GTA V's driving never felt so good after. Damn the car physics are putrid in SR !

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 29 November 2013 - 03:53 PM

I went back to Saints Row 3 to compare the driving ... GTA V's driving never felt so good after. Damn the car physics are putrid in SR !

Yeah I'll admit I've experienced physics worse than V's... but playing V after IV makes the driving feel so dumbed down. :/

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 04:36 PM

Yeah I'll admit I've experienced physics worse than V's... but playing V after IV makes the driving feel so dumbed down. :/

The extent of the physics dumbness can change from car to car. I hate driving the Entity XF because it feels like steering a go-kart with a rocket in its rear end, but I quite enjoy the Rapid GT, feels more .. natural ? Anyway, what's worse is that SR3 is actually an IMPROVEMENT over SR2. My nose is bleeding, how low can you get ?!

Gutslab
  • Gutslab

Bustre

• Members
  • Bhutan

Posted 29 November 2013 - 04:37 PM

Well I've had the game for a week and honestly I like the driving. This is coming from someone who loved everything about IV. V's driving is different but still fun. It could be improved in some aspects but it's not a major problem to me as some other issues I have with the game, namely the police wanted system and the damage model inconsistencies. I know I've criticized the driving in this game previously but that was before I was able to actually play the game. I was basing my judgement based off gameplay vids, so I take that back.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 29 November 2013 - 04:42 PM

Well I've had the game for a week and honestly I like the driving. This is coming from someone who loved everything about IV. V's driving is different but still fun. It could be improved in some aspects but it's not a major problem to me as some other issues I have with the game, namely the police wanted system and the damage model inconsistencies. I know I've criticized the driving in this game previously but that was before I was able to actually play the game. I was basing my judgement based off gameplay vids, so I take that back.

I saw gameplay videos before I got V and was worried. Well when I got the game, I loved the driving for 4 weeks... then I got bored and started to notice it's flaws and how utterly unsophisticated it had begun to feel. That was just me though.

@ThroatSlasher: This is as low as it gets:

Oh god please watch at your own risk! :lol:

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 04:57 PM

Wow ... that was pain inducing. Makes me appreciate V's driving now. (hell, even SR2 !) Thanks ! :D

Gauntlet Hair
  • Gauntlet Hair

Pacifist, Pilot IRL.

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 29 November 2013 - 04:58 PM

I saw gameplay videos before I got V and was worried. Well when I got the game, I loved the driving for 4 weeks... then I got bored and started to notice it's flaws and how utterly unsophisticated it had begun to feel. That was just me though.

@ThroatSlasher: This is as low as it gets:

Oh god please watch at your own risk! :lol:

Instead of being able to drive over every item in the world, though, most of the cars in V struggle to drive over a slight curb. 

Aragrox
  • Aragrox

F*ck That

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:27 AM

GTA V driving mechanics is garbage.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 30 November 2013 - 02:59 AM

GTA V driving mechanics is garbage.

Yeah its come to this point for me. It feels like absolute rubbish.

suicidehummer
  • suicidehummer

This post will self destruct in 3... 2... 1...

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 November 2013 - 05:50 AM

Honestly, the biggest issues I have with it are lack of body roll and the awful damage system. One of my favorite things to do in IV was just get into the most spectacular crashes possible. I don't understand how they could go from that to something in some ways even worse than III's damage system.

That and jumps were so much more fun because cars actually had suspensions that would audibly and visibly bottom out upon landing. Now it's like taking an RC car off a jump. In fact, the whole experience is like driving an RC car because they have no weight or momentum.

• Scaglietti likes this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 30 November 2013 - 05:52 AM

To me, the lack of a suspension nor proper weight is what f*cks everything up when it comes to the driving.

• Insincere likes this

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 30 November 2013 - 04:19 PM

I remember R* saying "we haven't made an arcade racer" and "we've added more physics onto them now"..

Maybe it was all just a dream.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 30 November 2013 - 04:52 PM

I remember R* saying "we haven't made an arcade racer" and "we've added more physics onto them now"..

I think they said that first quote. Boy was that a lie. And one of their quotes didn't work for me, it went something like: "We've made sure GTA V offers the best driving experience ever in a GTA" Why do I still think IV holds that medal still?

GTA_fear
  • GTA_fear

There's a tip jar, jackass!

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 30 November 2013 - 07:23 PM

I think they said that first quote. Boy was that a lie. And one of their quotes didn't work for me, it went something like: "We've made sure GTA V offers the best driving experience ever in a GTA" Why do I still think IV holds that medal still?

Yeah, it was also: "We've made the driving feel a bit more like a racing game." :/

And has anyone else noticed how "week" tractors are? I mean, the Fieldmaster can barely drive up an even slightly steep road or hill. Now, I've only had a bit of experience with tractors IRL, but I'm pretty sure they're "strong" vehicles and can handle all kinds of tough conditions and terrains.

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 09:40 PM

Im sure I remember a quote saying: ''We just made a couple of tweaks to GTA IV's driving.''

lol... of course Rockstar, of course.

eric91611
  • eric91611

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 November 2013 - 09:59 PM

Not the brightest idea to tell a moderator to shut the f*ck up kid. You're lucky I haven't strung you up by your balls and booted your ass out.

Wow we need a mod for the mod. Jesus this is who runs this forum? Real professional dumbass boot people after your sittin there swearin' at people you need to grow up. Who put an immature kid as a mod? Ridiculous.

eric91611
  • eric91611

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 November 2013 - 10:03 PM

With the graphics and driving in IV being of such a lower caliber I don't see how you can think V is dumbed down that's insane IV feels like vice city to me outdated and not even comparible to V in any way.

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 10:08 PM

With the graphics and driving in IV being of such a lower caliber I don't see how you can think V is dumbed down that's insane IV feels like vice city to me outdated and not even comparible to V in any way.

The driving was dumbed down, not the entire game.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 01 December 2013 - 12:56 AM

The driving of IV is such a low caliber. No offense but bitch do you drive? :lol: V's driving is the one of such low caliber. And nobody is speaking graphics in this thread so what are you on about? Grow up, stop double posting, and stop talking sh*t about the mods before I report you and you can end up banned like iPronish*t-or-whatever should.

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:28 AM

Wow we need a mod for the mod. Jesus this is who runs this forum? Real professional dumbass boot people after your sittin there swearin' at people you need to grow up. Who put an immature kid as a mod? Ridiculous.

Although this was resolvedarrow-10x10.png a couple of days ago I didn't even ban the guy. I was actually being very lenient.

Niobium
  • Niobium

TREVOR FANBOYS LIVES DON'T MATTER

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:43 AM Edited by nobum62, 01 December 2013 - 02:44 AM.

Although this was resolved a couple of days ago I didn't even ban the guy. I was actually being very lenient.

(joking, don't take what i've typed below seriously)

oh, so you're lenient with him but not me? THAT'S BULLsh*t! remember when i said johnny is a better protag than niko on "Is Michael Townley the best GTA Protagonist ever?" thread? you banned me >:(

the link to our conversation: http://gtaforums.com...ist-ever/page-2

SonOfLiberty: no one and I mean no one is as great as the legendary Niko Bellic. Not Tommy, not CJ, not Claude, not  Trevor etc. Anyone who disagrees will get a ban stick up the ass. 
Me: niko may be the strongest, but johnny is still a better character

then you banned me for 4 weeks. screw you >:(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users