Quantcast

» «
Photo

The Driving Debate

4,108 replies to this topic

Poll: Driving Debate (2258 member(s) have cast votes)

How do you feel about GTA V's driving mechanics

1. Its great. A huge improvement of GTA IV (900 votes [39.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 39.86%

2. I like it despite it feeling more "arcady" (627 votes [27.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.77%

3. Indifferent (100 votes [4.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.43%

4. I dont like it but I can live with it (260 votes [11.51%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.51%

5. Its terrible. Big step back from GTA IV (371 votes [16.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.43%

Vote Guests cannot vote
eric91611
  • eric91611

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:47 PM

Just bring back the GTA IV driving! It's not fair that it took me about 3 years to COMPLETELY master the driving in IV, when a bunch of kids with no skills can beat you in V without even trying or ramming you from the back.

I'm sure if they weren't trying they wouldn't have won.

SpierbalBill2
  • SpierbalBill2

FäpKöning

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:31 PM

Just bring back the GTA IV driving! It's not fair that it took me about 3 years to COMPLETELY master the driving in IV, when a bunch of kids with no skills can beat you in V without even trying or ramming you from the back.

I'm sure if they weren't trying they wouldn't have won.

It's not that hard to win in GTA V. I have never lost a race, but the I'm probably one of the better drivers here. I bet those kids could beat Mr. Goldcard easily enought because he is a slow snail/sloth/piranha/kangaroo.

namor
  • namor

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:54 PM

The problem with the driving is that there is absolutely NOTHING for you to get used to or adapt to. Hold down right trigger, flick the left analogue stick left or right to make perfect turns at full speed, and if you need to slow down you don't even need to use the brakes, just take your finger off RT. My niece and nephew (10 and 11 respectively) have won all the street races and off-road races the first time they attempted them and told me that it was just like Mario Kart which they play on their Nintendo DS. That just about sums it up at what age group R* targeted the game mechanics for.

• philadelphiaflyers likes this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Looks like the diversion worked!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:56 PM

Here, anyone who says IV isn't fun obviously never took a Patriot (or even a Dukes) and used it to flip cars!

• namor and suicidehummer like this

namor
  • namor

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:10 PM

If you try this on V, your vehicle comes to an immediate stop as if having collided with a brick wall, although brick walls will crumble when hit and are less resilient than vehicles in V.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

/ / / / / AMG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:07 PM

The problem with the driving is that there is absolutely NOTHING for you to get used to or adapt to. Hold down right trigger, flick the left analogue stick left or right to make perfect turns at full speed, and if you need to slow down you don't even need to use the brakes, just take your finger off RT. My niece and nephew (10 and 11 respectively) have won all the street races and off-road races the first time they attempted them and told me that it was just like Mario Kart which they play on their Nintendo DS. That just about sums it up at what age group R* targeted the game mechanics for.

Yeah. I found backroad country drives to be boring. Whenever I brake into a corner it felt stupid so I just lightly lift off the gas on a tight bend when cruising hard and that feels a little natural. To be honest, the handling feels like it was dumbed down to where it was "suitable" to everyone, including newcomers with barely any skills. V takes no skill to master it's handling. But if you've mastered IV's handling you might suck at V's because you're so used to driving with skill that is useless in V. You know, for a highly anticipated game, if they were going to change the handling, they should've had options. I shouldn't have to want to go back to IV for a satisfying driving feeling. Why is driving along that northern Westdyke road in a Turismo much funner than driving a Carbonizzare along the Great Ocean Highway in Blaine County? This game sucks me in with it's graphics but leaves me wanting more when it comes to mechanics. Arcade handling is okay for an arcade game. GTA should've had a half and half between IV and V. But no, I get no feel when I drive, every car seems to weigh the same, and there is no skill.

Yeah people have opinions, but those that say V has more realistic handling than IV because of "boaty handling" -- so sick of reading that bullsh*t, it's body roll -- or that it is much more thrilling probably have not driven, have not driven hard in a fun car, don't know sh*t about how a car handles, or are just a little inexperienced when it comes to driving in a video game. It seems only a few cars in this game actually handle fantastically, or can offroad, or have a realistic power to weight ratio, etc.

Offroading in this game is a joke, if you want to off road in a Dubsta, you have to tune it the f*ck out and then go off road pray it don't ram into a rock instead of climbing it like it should. The Serrano could off road with realistic ease in IV, but take it off roading in V and it will feel like sh*t. No to mention there is no drag when you take a car off road but when you climb, SUV's all of a sudden give out but supercars somehow make it to wherever you're trying to go. Oh yeah and the fact that I can no longer ram people in a Hummer just pisses me off. If you run into a roadblock you somehow cannot drive through. Yet the cops can ram a 6,000lb truck and it will spin out like a plastic compact.

It seems the more I play this game, my liking for the handling just slowly goes down. Think after I play IV on Thanksgiving I'll probably not want to drive in V again. Such a beautiful world, such nice cars, such great potential, ruined -- for me -- by mediocre physics.

• suicidehummer likes this

Glamus
  • Glamus

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:32 PM

The amount of f*ckup R* did with the driving in this game is unbelievable. The driving is so utterly boring that the biggest danger in the game is falling asleep while playing. Driving a vehicle at full speed is a yawn. If you try an online offroad race there is literally no feedback from terrain and bumps, you're just floating through the track in a hovercraft until some dickhead spins you out because of catchup and the the insane  amount of slipstream. The catchup feature (on by default, used in 95% of online lobbies) means you can't even race at full speed while in the lead. Then there is the magic mid air vehicle control, this is some seriously stupid sh*t. If my vehicle was tilting left mid air in IV or any game with decent vehicle physics, I would steer left with full power so the wheels could correct the tilt as soon as they touch the ground. In V this will cause you to tilt further because you can magically control a car mid air, like a plane. It's easy enough to learn, but its just f*cked up. Another terrible aspect of online gameplay is all the grinding going on. Half the lobbies are 1 lap on criminal records, a track with only right hand turns that can be done at full speed and it takes less than half a minute to finish so people play it to boost their cash. This game isn't about fun gameplay and skill, its about selling ingame cash and DLC. Rockstar, f*ck you you f*cking f*cks!

• lolleroz and thekillerdonuts like this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

/ / / / / AMG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:28 AM

Wow, I've got something that proves the physics are f*cked up. I was driving a Carbonizzare at night and sped up at the last minute. Well I assume I was going 75 and I run into a Granger going about 35 and somehow I get propelled out of my car and the cherry on top is that I some how died instantly even before hitting the ground? Seriously! What the f*ck is this sh*t! What did they do to physics, this crap isn't even funny, it's annoying. Now I gotta go all of the way to that stupid impound to get my car hoping it shows up and then hope the same crap doesn't happen again. Is being propelled out of the windshield like random. That bullsh*t wouldn't have been possible in a million years and I've done faster in a Buffalo, hit someone, nothing happened. Dumb ass f*cking game. /rant

CHILLI
  • CHILLI

Playa

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:05 AM Edited by CHILLI, 30 October 2013 - 04:06 AM.

I've seen a lot of people in this thread being concerned about the air control being in the game.

Ironicly, it's been in since GTA SA and was greatly improved with several new tricks in IV. Not in them you say? Play them again and let go off the gas the next time you take off in a car in either of the two. But I'm with you guys, it shouldnt be there when holding the gas, it really screws with the landings when trying to countersteer in preparation for a bad landing.

Also, the line between gripping and sliding is too thin. The traction should "flex" a little more, especially in the sportscars. Going at the speed of sound and suddenly lose control out of nowhere is quite annoying, plus that the "burnout trick" (holding the gas and brake at the same time lets you force a car to rotate a little, makes it more stubborn when hitting fences and such too) along with other tricks previously introduced in IV have like a second or so of delay before doing something. So trying to use various tricks to keep the cars on the road usually end up making it worse or get the control back out of what feels like luck.

Yea I know that if a car starts to slide at high speed there isnt much to do about it, but if I notice that the car only just lost grip and I more or less instantly countersteer and it keeps going... reminds me of when I played DiRT 3 the first time but I later noticed it was because I timed a turn wrong, not that the physics prevented me from doing it at high speed.

I think part of the problem is the fact that they give the player the illusion of always having maximum grip, making all speeds feel the same. I noticed this when I was racing and looked at how fast the bikes were going compared to a sportscar. On a bike it feels like it's going really fast and that it's having insane amounts of grip, but compared to like a 9F they have no more grip than the other cars. In IV one could easily tell the difference between cars and bikes, but still go at equal speeds. Bikes were more responsive but harder to drift compared to the cars that were slightly less responsive but a lot easier to drift. Timing and knowing when to drift and when to keep the grip around turns made a big difference. In V drifting will either be awesome or suicide, rarely just a thing you do because it's cool or actually useful at times.

I'd recommend going for grip-driving in V. Pretending to be a rally driver (like I loved to do in V) isnt that exciting and will usually just cause accidents.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those interested in messing with the air control stuff in IV, here are a few tricks I found really useful when going around town like a maniac:

Forced rotation: Hold the gas and brake at the same time and turn in either direction. Makes the car more stubborn to rotational changes and can be used both on the ground and in the air to either save a bad drift/loss of control or do fine adjustments before landing. Doing this with trucks grants instant turning instead of having to wait for the weight to shift.

Leaning: For bikes this is obvious, leaning back will help bikes to jump over small edges and objects a lot easier. But you can also do this in cars to help going over stairs or other small edges easier, grants increased jump height and less speed loss. "Leaning" forward will have the opposit effect, increasing the chance(risk?) of crashing instead of jumping a stair or edge.

Banking: Let go off the gas and just turn left of right. This will make the car lean left and right much like a plane. Leaning back and forth will also make the car/bike start flipping in either direction, really helps to make sure cars land better from long or high jumps. Holding the handbrake will both spin and bank the car at the same time, so it kinda works like a double command.

For V that I've figured out so far:

Forced rotation: same but with a second or so of delay. Works wonders when driving FWD cars at high speed, be aware that it will most likely cause the car to start going sideways so be careful.

Leaning: Not sure if this has any effect on cars anymore, really hard to test. I'm guessing it does not work anymore.

Banking: Works the same but no need to let go off the gas. Holding the handbrake makes doing flatspins a lot easier. For anyone who played Burnout Paradise, you know how it's done!

And lastly I'd like to ask you fellow drivers out there, do you find that the cars flip a lot more often in V than in IV from just driving around? I somehow manage to flip my cars really frequently from just cutting corners over curbs and uneven roads, no matter if it's a buggy or sports/muscle car.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:21 AM

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those interested in messing with the air control stuff in IV, here are a few tricks I found really useful when going around town like a maniac:

Forced rotation: Hold the gas and brake at the same time and turn in either direction. Makes the car more stubborn to rotational changes and can be used both on the ground and in the air to either save a bad drift/loss of control or do fine adjustments before landing. Doing this with trucks grants instant turning instead of having to wait for the weight to shift.

Leaning: For bikes this is obvious, leaning back will help bikes to jump over small edges and objects a lot easier. But you can also do this in cars to help going over stairs or other small edges easier, grants increased jump height and less speed loss. "Leaning" forward will have the opposit effect, increasing the chance(risk?) of crashing instead of jumping a stair or edge.

Banking: Let go off the gas and just turn left of right. This will make the car lean left and right much like a plane. Leaning back and forth will also make the car/bike start flipping in either direction, really helps to make sure cars land better from long or high jumps. Holding the handbrake will both spin and bank the car at the same time, so it kinda works like a double command.

I didn't know about the car leaning, and really never used banking. But forced rotation is a very useful thing I already knew of before, but you explained it perfectly.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

/ / / / / AMG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:40 AM

In IV you could easily control the vehicle in the air by lifting off the gas, holding the E-brake buttons, and moving the steering stick. I used that all of the time when I drove over a sharp hill.

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:19 PM

The amount of f*ckup R* did with the driving in this game is unbelievable. The driving is so utterly boring that the biggest danger in the game is falling asleep while playing. Driving a vehicle at full speed is a yawn. If you try an online offroad race there is literally no feedback from terrain and bumps, you're just floating through the track in a hovercraft until some dickhead spins you out because of catchup and the the insane  amount of slipstream. The catchup feature (on by default, used in 95% of online lobbies) means you can't even race at full speed while in the lead. Then there is the magic mid air vehicle control, this is some seriously stupid sh*t. If my vehicle was tilting left mid air in IV or any game with decent vehicle physics, I would steer left with full power so the wheels could correct the tilt as soon as they touch the ground. In V this will cause you to tilt further because you can magically control a car mid air, like a plane. It's easy enough to learn, but its just f*cked up. Another terrible aspect of online gameplay is all the grinding going on. Half the lobbies are 1 lap on criminal records, a track with only right hand turns that can be done at full speed and it takes less than half a minute to finish so people play it to boost their cash. This game isn't about fun gameplay and skill, its about selling ingame cash and DLC. Rockstar, f*ck you you f*cking f*cks!

Rockstar fans, I kid you not, I have literally fallen asleep on multiple occasions while driving in this game. That must mean something - something just plain wrong with this game.

Nytherr
  • Nytherr

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:27 PM

How is the handling so far compared to the previous GTAs? Does it feel realistic simulation or more of NFS?

GuitarJozz
  • GuitarJozz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:05 PM

How is the handling so far compared to the previous GTAs? Does it feel realistic simulation or more of NFS?

Umm............

x_facepalm_motivational_by_ajtnz-d35wiy3

CHILLI
  • CHILLI

Playa

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:01 PM

I'd say the handling is like IV with upgrades. The cars have more torque and the suspension is a lot stiffer on most cars. What was said in the previews is true, it feels a lot more like a racing game than IV does.

If I'd pick a vehicle in IV that comes the closest to the overall handling in V, I'd pick the Steed. That truck has a very low center of gravity making it really responsive. So imagine that, just at a lot higher speeds.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:26 PM Edited by DarkKingBernard, 30 October 2013 - 07:29 PM.

it feels a lot more like a racing game

A racing game is a game where the primary focus is racing, it has nothing to do with the physics and handling, and they do not determine the genre. The 'old' NFS games were racing games that have more enjoyable driving than their successors or GTA V.

Racing game / Arcade physics, don't mix the two. Just saying.

CHILLI
  • CHILLI

Playa

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:28 PM

The physics are comparable to racing games though. GTA is as much of a racing game as it's a third person shooter.

Offtopic:

FlatOut 3 had crap physics that I'm willing to say are worse than Saints Row. Do the bad physics make it something else than a racing game? In this particular case Saints Row would be a racing game in comparison.

The point being that just because it's open world or racing only, both can have the same vehicle physics with the difference being that one is racing only and the other is also mixing in elements from other genres. Therefor I'm willing to say that the physics in GTA V are comparable to other arcade racing games, regardless wether you're freeroaming or racing.

namor
  • namor

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:34 AM

I would never have called any GTA game a "Racing Game". It is an open world adventure game of which just a small percentage can be considered "racing". Vehicles of all types are used in the game, but it's a "chase" game if anything. The vehicles are mostly there to get the characters from point A to point B and carry out certain missions in which driving (not racing) plays a large part. Why arcade racing physics was programmed into GTA V, I can only guess that the majority of people who moaned about the driving physics in IV have not learned to take their finger off the accelerator trigger when cornering.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

/ / / / / AMG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:57 AM Edited by StingrayX, 31 October 2013 - 03:59 AM.

It feels like IV handling but without a soul, suspensions, realistic power to weight ratios, and physical reactions that actually make sense. Yeah, it is that much of a donwgrade. 'Course some people will say its an upgrade because they're inexperienced with driving and figure gamers should be able to turn corners with no effort. Also the drifts come randomly but you cannot make sexy drifts anymore. Every takeoff comes with that horribly textured smoke even if you're driving an AWD that should have ultimate grip.

Oh yeah, just about any car handles boringly now if it isn't a sports car. :dozing:

Yup. That all is an upgrade from IV. Sure is the "funnest driving experience they've created for a GTA" as they actually have stated -- not kidding, the support team apparently thinks V offers the best GTA driving experience! :sigh:

gtaxpert
  • gtaxpert

that's how I dooz it

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:11 AM

I think the driving in general is too easy and boring compared to IV. It is only when you fully tune a car that the driving kinda makes sense, because then it becomes slightly challenging to drive perfectly at full speed and not crash again. It's fun that cars can go faster than in IV now. But then again when I drive really fast I get extreme pop in. My 360 can't handle the speed of certain cars.

I don't think V is that much of an improvement over IV anyway. I'd choose the gritty NY atmosphere over the superficial hollywood theme any day. The arcady driving matches well with the general  V game theme and environment I guess.

The supercars are everywhere in V, and with the new tuning and personal protagonist vehicles that you can upgrade you can have instant access to very fast cars. But it's when I played V that I understood how much I miss what driving crappy cars in IV was like.

• Sting4S likes this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:01 AM

Here's something else, the Elegy in San Andreas sh*ts all over cars in V:

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

/ / / / / AMG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:52 PM

I think the driving in general is too easy and boring compared to IV. It is only when you fully tune a car that the driving kinda makes sense, because then it becomes slightly challenging to drive perfectly at full speed and not crash again. It's fun that cars can go faster than in IV now. But then again when I drive really fast I get extreme pop in. My 360 can't handle the speed of certain cars.

I don't think V is that much of an improvement over IV anyway. I'd choose the gritty NY atmosphere over the superficial hollywood theme any day. The arcady driving matches well with the general  V game theme and environment I guess.

The supercars are everywhere in V, and with the new tuning and personal protagonist vehicles that you can upgrade you can have instant access to very fast cars. But it's when I played V that I understood how much I miss what driving crappy cars in IV was like.

Yeah, think I'm going to go back to playing IV more often in November. V is just wearing out on me. Only thing keeping me playing is trying to go to 100% and playing with my friends online.

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:18 PM

Well there´s still hope. I´ll wait for further improvements with patches. After all they already did one small tweak to the steering.

Right now the chances to have fun are quite small, you need a circuit full of tight corners to get some fun and some challenge.

In GTA IV even the circuits full of straights and the random slow corner were fun because nailing braking points was a challenge, and because your exit speed would determine the speed you carry all down the next straight. Now short braking zones and slipstream defeat the purpose of these tracks.

PS: air control in GTA IV would never save you from taking off in a wrong angle. It wasn´t fast enough, it wasn´t even noticeable for racing purposes.

namor
  • namor

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:11 PM

Well there´s still hope. I´ll wait for further improvements with patches. After all they already did one small tweak to the steering.

Right now the chances to have fun are quite small, you need a circuit full of tight corners to get some fun and some challenge.

In GTA IV even the circuits full of straights and the random slow corner were fun because nailing braking points was a challenge, and because your exit speed would determine the speed you carry all down the next straight. Now short braking zones and slipstream defeat the purpose of these tracks.

PS: air control in GTA IV would never save you from taking off in a wrong angle. It wasn´t fast enough, it wasn´t even noticeable for racing purposes.

As you say, the tweak was very small and seemed to amount to nothing more than slightly turning the steering sensitivity and the collision damage down a few notches, but didn't address any of the suspension, momentum and inertia issues that plague this game. The only thing that makes me return to the game at the moment is getting the 70 gold medals in missions and S & F achievement which is the only one I have left (couldn't care less about the online only because I don't have or want a Gold XBL account), but yes, you're right, there is no enjoyment to be had driving around the map with the driving physics (or lack thereof) the way they are.

The dreadfully scripted police AI during chases doesn't help either, it's dreadfully boring and tedious, compared to IV where one could take a lot of satisfaction evading the squad cars with carefully pulled off driving skills. Suicidal police drivers just don't do it for me and their spawn rate is laughable. At least in IV you knew that if there weren't any police cars/officers in the vicinity, they wouldn't just magically teleport six squad cars within seconds of a minor infringement being committed.

It seems I shan't be the only person returning to longtime GTA IV play as of this month.

Nytherr
  • Nytherr

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:40 AM

Thanks for the info guys. I was considering getting GTA V for PC... Well all GTA IV needed was tweaking with the spongy suspension.

wolfeskimo
  • wolfeskimo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:39 PM

sh*t! Gta V its so f*ck up! Now i understand why the Houser's gonna retirement after this game.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

NSA Agent

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:41 PM

I remember IV, you could crash an Airtug against an Enforcer and the said Police van would go flying or have a really big dent.

And people, if IV handling got to V. Imagine what would happen around the mountains and such.

eric91611
  • eric91611

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:42 PM

So to clarify, I am a very skilled driver, very very skilled, I've been playing GTA since the franchise started I'm 24 now. I played San Andreas the most booya CJ! But anyways when I played GTA IV I couldn't believe the boaty crap driving that felt like a slug or like you were in a sandpit even on regular roads. I don't even see how racing was possible. The only reason you guys are defending it is because rockstar came out with a game with horrible driving you all got used to it then they went back to normal driving I like GTA V because it is more like san andreas driving but without the cool lines you got in San andreas that really made it feel like you were going fast. The onlything that is lacking in gta V is deformation of cars but I will post a video of a train hitting a Landstalker to show major deformation in V I crushed the car like a coke can. Try it

eric91611
  • eric91611

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:58 PM

It feels like IV handling but without a soul, suspensions, realistic power to weight ratios, and physical reactions that actually make sense. Yeah, it is that much of a donwgrade. 'Course some people will say its an upgrade because they're inexperienced with driving and figure gamers should be able to turn corners with no effort. Also the drifts come randomly but you cannot make sexy drifts anymore. Every takeoff comes with that horribly textured smoke even if you're driving an AWD that should have ultimate grip.

Oh yeah, just about any car handles boringly now if it isn't a sports car. :dozing:

Yup. That all is an upgrade from IV. Sure is the "funnest driving experience they've created for a GTA" as they actually have stated -- not kidding, the support team apparently thinks V offers the best GTA driving experience! :sigh:

You have no idea what your talking about. Were not saying its effortless to turn a corner at full speed, have you even tried it? Its very hard but possible IF YOUR SKILLED.

Aragrox
  • Aragrox

F*ck That

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:17 PM

Breaking News: My realistic fans, someone already mention this I bet, but if you use the slidey cars cheat, if feels a lot better in terms of speed. Test this out: Get Franklin charger, drive on Los Santos freeway for about 3 miles then back, now turn the cheat on and repeat. Not only look faster but it also feels that way. It has it flaws like sliding too much, but I'm able to drift, make high speed turns, and more as I test it out some more.

Glad this cheat is there, without it, everything requires little to no skill. Let me tell you why its no challenge when driving in V. I'm use to driving in IV, so when I come up to a turn with speed, I time my braking and braking pressure on the trigger to make it as clean as possible. At high speeds, I slightly turn the joystick ahead of time to avoid crashing or sliding. In V, I have super brakes and more grip, allowing me to easily control the vehicle, meaning less timing or thinking needed and less pressure on the trigger, and at high speeds, a quick flick would avoid crashing and sliding. 

I was an expert at driving in IV, bringing that knowledge with some tweaks into V makes my skills over qualified for the game. Going from something that was hard to easy, makes easy feel easier since your use to it being hard. o_0?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users