Quantcast

» «
Photo

The Driving Debate

3,562 replies to this topic

Poll: Driving Debate (2170 member(s) have cast votes)

How do you feel about GTA V's driving mechanics

1. Its great. A huge improvement of GTA IV (871 votes [40.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 40.14%

2. I like it despite it feeling more "arcady" (598 votes [27.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.56%

3. Indifferent (97 votes [4.47%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.47%

4. I dont like it but I can live with it (248 votes [11.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.43%

5. Its terrible. Big step back from GTA IV (356 votes [16.41%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.41%

Vote Guests cannot vote
fishsticks1
  • fishsticks1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:15 PM

One more...

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:36 PM

Just bring back the GTA IV driving! It's not fair that it took me about 3 years to COMPLETELY master the driving in IV, when a bunch of kids with no skills can beat you in V without even trying or ramming you from the back.

• namor and eric91611 like this

ClareXoBearrx3
  • ClareXoBearrx3

Chief Technology Officer, NTWT

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:46 PM

The "people" who complained about IV had never driven a goddamn car before, end of story. The people that had driven real cars were completely accepting and reveled in the physics IV had to offer. Therefore didn't need to complain like bitches and therefore had no marketing agenda formed around us.

The "people" who complained were goddamn kids who were never meant to be playing the f*cking game in the first place. The "people" who complained were f*cking kids with no real life driving experience, whinging whining crying little bastards. Unfortunately because only stupid "people" are breeding these young dumb asses are beginning to outnumber mature gamers. They don't have any sense of taste when it comes to physics from playing all these sh*t racing games with arcade physics.

The ones who complained were used to sh*t, absolute sh*t. And when GTAIV progressed into better physics and you all cried like the pathetic little bitchesyou are. You literally asked for the most arcadey crap and you got it. Marketing was formulated, Rockstar realized even though the game is rated for people at or over driving age they would have to satiate the dumb ignorant whiny little ass holes.

Trust me the people who were happy with the handling in IV felt no need to join a forum and bitch, They had no idea that sh*t was going on at all.

Only to buy the next game in the series to find that it's been f*cked over a barrel to please 10 year olds that should never have been playing it in the motherf*cking first place.

For f*ckS SAKE

^THIS.

GTAIV was just fine in terms of driving physics for me. Some vehicles areboaty, sure. Butsome are in real life too. And don't tell me they aren't. I justwatched coach buses back up to leave a station and boy were they rocking like  motherf*ckers.

• namor likes this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:53 PM

This poll proves nothing except that the average age of gamers is below driving age.

I have been driving for years but I don't buy GTA in order to have a driving sim. They were never sim back in the PS2 era so what is wrong with them going back to their roots?

This sort of mentality man. Things are meant to EVOLVE, would you honestly want to play pong forever?

Also, if you're one of those people who label GTA IV as a driving sim, then I don't want you anywhere near a car irl lol.

They are meant to evolve but many people hated the driving in IV. I know you guys like it but it got plenty of hate and R listened to them. Like it or not R actually listened to the customer.

• adzstocko2k likes this

Shootaholic
  • Shootaholic

zzzz....

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:28 AM

Why oh why do cars explode so much? You can't even have a decent crash.

Mcquiz
  • Mcquiz

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:03 PM

Or why do you instantly die when your ATV falls over at 7 miles an hour.

eric91611
  • eric91611

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:12 PM

Honestly guys? Sports cars are completly unplayable? You must really suck at driving I can fly through traffic at full speed in every sports car and drift around a tight corner at high speed and weave through traffic while I'm doing it without realeasing the accelarator at all. Just keep practicing I've played probably a million hours of GTA and its all about learning how the programmers intend you to control the vehicles. Also when you go up hills in big trucks you get bogged down its just all around more realistic. Also the car damage is more realistic instead of the damn thing blowing up like a cartoon. The only downside I can honestly notice is when you hit bumps and stuff you tend to go flying way more than you would think but I think it just adds to the fun really. And cars don't blow up when rolled onto the roof and you can roll them back over! Woo! I mean it is unrealistic but you know how many times I lost my favorite car because I flipped it also with the way you roll so easily in V you really have to be able to flip back over or it'd be too frustrating. As far as cops. They really would destroy cars too fast in V if they were any weaker and cops are easier to outrun in V I think I mean all you have to do is lose them and then avoid there "flashlights"

Agni
  • Agni

#WeeabooPower

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:33 AM

Because retarded COD fanboys think cars actually explode that often.

adzstocko2k
  • adzstocko2k

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:08 AM

no issues with driving, sure its arcadey now but i still have fun doing doughnuts and burnouts, only problem i have is the self-righting thing... if you crash a car and land on its roof we shouldnt be able to flip it back over it should leak gas maybe spark set on fire and blow up like old school gta. we pay insurance on cars so getting a replacement isnt an issue and it makes things slightly more real

namor
  • namor

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:02 AM Edited by namor, 27 October 2013 - 11:04 AM.

Honestly guys? Sports cars are completly unplayable? You must really suck at driving I can fly through traffic at full speed in every sports car and drift around a tight corner at high speed and weave through traffic while I'm doing it without realeasing the accelarator at all. Just keep practicing I've played probably a million hours of GTA and its all about learning how the programmers intend you to control the vehicles. Also when you go up hills in big trucks you get bogged down its just all around more realistic. Also the car damage is more realistic instead of the damn thing blowing up like a cartoon. The only downside I can honestly notice is when you hit bumps and stuff you tend to go flying way more than you would think but I think it just adds to the fun really. And cars don't blow up when rolled onto the roof and you can roll them back over! Woo! I mean it is unrealistic but you know how many times I lost my favorite car because I flipped it also with the way you roll so easily in V you really have to be able to flip back over or it'd be too frustrating. As far as cops. They really would destroy cars too fast in V if they were any weaker and cops are easier to outrun in V I think I mean all you have to do is lose them and then avoid there "flashlights"

Oh terrific, another post from a five year-old who just joined yesterday.

• kvbrock82 likes this

domq422
  • domq422

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:46 PM

Idk man. Hands down, we can all agree that V's physics all around are a little more arcady compared to IV's which the majority will rather over the realistic nature of IV's physics. Me, I prefer IV's driving mechanics, car damage, physics, gun sounds, city city environment, and story over V's. But everyone has their opinion in the matter.  

eric91611
  • eric91611

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:10 PM

I'm probably older than you. I've been playing grand theft auto for over ten years im very good at driving. Yea the physics in gta iv are cool especially crashes I like the car damage much better but as far as racing and off roading I like it. What do you guys think of gta san andreas driving was that crap as well?

eric91611
  • eric91611

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:13 PM

What's wrong with just joining yesterday too? I mean I just now got gamefly to finally send it how is that my fault. U got issues.. play iv if u like it so much

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

What exactly are we doing?

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:24 PM

I'm probably older than you. I've been playing grand theft auto for over ten years im very good at driving. Yea the physics in gta iv are cool especially crashes I like the car damage much better but as far as racing and off roading I like it. What do you guys think of gta san andreas driving was that crap as well?

San Andreas driving and flying was actually pretty good. Far better than GTA V.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

Police Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:36 PM

Kraff be praised, I get here and all I see is people who are really stuck on IV and defend it's Realistic but really sh*tty boaty driving.

Cheers.

sagsf420
  • sagsf420

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:10 AM

Ok so when the game first came out I absolutely HATED the driving mechanics, it just felt weird and I thought a little unrealistic but to be honest I think it was just that it was different now that I'm use to it I actually find the handling WAY more realistic (and easier). I've also noticed (ever since a recent update probably) that if you crash even once at medium speed your car can be pretty much wrecked (bent whells pretty much impossible to drive properly) and at high speed you're dead instantly and I kind of like that aspect of realism even though it can be a pain at times its adds challange and I like it also I've noticed cars flip easier too on rough terrain and sharp turns. My only issue I had was that cars didn't seem to take much damage at first but I think they've fixed that. So to everyone complaining about the driving JUST GIVE IT A CHANCE it grew on me and it just might grow on you nobody likes change but it's usually for the best it actually feels like you're driving a car now. With gta IV they took the realistic approach too far to the point where it wasn't even realistic you make the slitest turn and your car tilts like 45 degrees and on sharp turns at high speed the car would simply tilt as usual and turn very slightly now you will lose control just like in real life. All in all I think it's great just took some getting used to.

rovert
  • rovert

Los Santos Hobo

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:21 AM

those who say they hate the driving physics doesnt know how to drive in real life.

CHILLI
  • CHILLI

Playa

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:20 AM

Personally I would prefer the way the cars appeared to behave in IV because it gives so much better feedback to the player about what's going on with them.

In V most cars seem to be perfectly balanced with the world's best dampers ever and because of this it leaves very little visual feedback. I cant tell if the car has bad/good grip or bad/good suspension, there's no real way to tell the difference.

All in all though, looking past the feedback problem, it feels a lot like IV with the air control stuff having a second or two worth of delay before it kicks in compared to the more instant response it had in IV. The only issue I have with the new physics is that it's so hard to get the control back once the car decides to just lose it. It's quite hard to "feel" where the car is working its ass off to stay on track or when it's just taking a sharp turn.

tl;dr

Good but really needs some of that visual feedback IV had. Most cars look like they're on rails even when pushing it to the limit and beyond.

• JBanton likes this

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:00 PM

Is the air control a deeply hated thing or just annoys some? I don't think it's too bad (kinda fun) but it's strange going back to IV and trying to perform it without results lol.

Wish 4wds were actually 4wds so they would climb the hills around the mountains. Slopes aren't too bad but just doesn't want to play and decides to slip 60% down the side, which you decide either a) start again, or b) just go away.

GuitarJozz
  • GuitarJozz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:01 PM Edited by GuitarJozz, 28 October 2013 - 12:02 PM.

The two things that bother me most are the steering and the suspension.  The regular and off-road cars and trucks should definitely have more suspension travel in them.  I don't know the GTA names of the cars, but the cars resembling a Chevy Bel Air, Dodge Ram pickup truck, the older Cadillac's, the Prius, Ford F-150, etc.  The in game vehicles that resemble these should have more body roll and suspension travel than the rest of the cars. 
The sports cars are fine, as that's how sports cars should be, minimal body roll and increased suspension stiffness.  But your regular, every day vehicles need to have a bit more body roll and more suspension travel.

And then there's the steering.  As some as mentioned before, it feels like the cars rotate on a center point, like a spinning top toy.  Which makes it feel like Mario Kart when steering.  The steering responsiveness and sensitivity is way too high.  Rockstar should include a setting in the options to adjust steering sensitivity.  A simple slider bar would be perfect. 

If they could just do these three things, I think the majority of us, who are disappointed in the how the driving feels now, would be satisfied.  Increasing body roll, adding more suspension travel to the appropriate vehicles, and adjusting steering sensitivity, would make the vehicles feel like they have more mass and weight, and would most likely satisfy those of us who currently dislike the driving.

Those three things are my main criticisms.  If Rockstar could release a patch including the above changes, I know I would be enjoying the game much much more.  I think many of us who are displeased with the new mechanics would agree, as those are the most discernible changes they have made to the driving physics from IV, in my view at least...

nivek500
  • nivek500

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:10 PM

I think there is definitely 'some' improvement compared to san andreas and gra IV, But i suggest rockstar to improve the traffic reaction to trucks. I'm a fan of trucks. i like trucking arround the island, and i'm a trucker myself. I'm sure there are more truck fans playing this game. The only thing about traffic that have to be fixed is "traffic reaction against trailers attached on the truck" Trailers are ignored by every traffic arround there, they are just driving against it as if there is no trailer attached, same to the towtruck and trailer for pickup trucks. please fix this.

nivek500
  • nivek500

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:14 PM

those who say they hate the driving physics doesnt know how to drive in real life.

Well you've obviously never been in a real car, gta isn't a realistic driving game, and doesn't have to. The cars in gta slide ridicilous even when you take a slow turn.

And if you say so, the my bad that i controlled another vehicle bumping my trailer as if there isn't any.

Don't comment if you don't know anything about vehicles.

nivek500
  • nivek500

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:17 PM

i have no issue with any driving issue except the trailer issue that has been ignored. To me driving physic doesn't have to be too realistic, otherwise the game wouldn't be fun anymore.

eric91611
  • eric91611

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:20 PM

Don't tell people not to comment who the f*** are you? I think people need to be nicer on here we are all fellow gamers. Besides all the opinions about the driving is just bs the people who made this game are probably some of the most skilled game programmers out there. It may not be what you guys wanted but it def isn't bad. People don't care for change they got used to one thing then it changes it'll keep happening.
  • gunziness likes this

CHILLI
  • CHILLI

Playa

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:24 PM

GuitarJozz, you said it a lot better than me. I'm with you 100% about the body roll thing.

Not saying it should be as extreme as IV where it messed with the suspension limits to the point the wheels went through the ground. What's on the Picador seems like a good amount, it's clearly indicating what's going on without making it look like the suspension is dying.

spudgun5
  • spudgun5

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:49 PM

I like the driving around the city, I think the balance in terms of speed and terrain handling is about right.  But for racing it feels too light and cars flip round or fly in the air too easily.

nivek500
  • nivek500

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:26 PM

Well before complaining about my post, just see if the person i'm posting about is nice either? perhaps that might be the reason i'm unfriendly to. generally i'm always friendly fellow gamers.

as most peoples says, threat others as you want to be threated.

namor
  • namor

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:30 AM

GuitarJozz, you said it a lot better than me. I'm with you 100% about the body roll thing.

Not saying it should be as extreme as IV where it messed with the suspension limits to the point the wheels went through the ground. What's on the Picador seems like a good amount, it's clearly indicating what's going on without making it look like the suspension is dying.

Don't forget the complete disregard for momentum, inertia, not to mention the utterly ridiculous way in which a car flies into the air from a head-on collision, flips a few times, lands on all four wheels and continues driving as if nothing had happened.

One aspect of the inconsistency in vehicle weight and handling which I absolutely despise is that when your vehicle (Trevor's Bodhi for example) is jammed fore and aft by two other cars (even very small ones) it is impossible to shunt either of them out of the way, and this using Trever's Bodhi, which, in the Mr Philips mission shunted a full sized mobile home down a slope into the river. God give me strength!

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:43 AM

Don't forget the complete disregard for momentum, inertia, not to mention the utterly ridiculous way in which a car flies into the air from a head-on collision, flips a few times, lands on all four wheels and continues driving as if nothing had happened.

One aspect of the inconsistency in vehicle weight and handling which I absolutely despise is that when your vehicle (Trevor's Bodhi for example) is jammed fore and aft by two other cars (even very small ones) it is impossible to shunt either of them out of the way, and this using Trever's Bodhi, which, in the Mr Philips mission shunted a full sized mobile home down a slope into the river. God give me strength!

Thank you. I thought I was the only one who felt the same as you all.

eric91611
  • eric91611

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:42 PM

Yeah I agree witht the last comment I mean shouldn't a pickup be heavier than a prius? Lol and on top of it why is there no momentum I mean I can be going as fast as possible and crash and no increase in car damage just flying through the window and death

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users