Quantcast

» «
Photo

The Driving Debate

4,857 replies to this topic

Poll: Driving Debate (2585 member(s) have cast votes)

How do you feel about GTA V's driving mechanics

1. Its great. A huge improvement of GTA IV (1012 votes [39.15%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 39.15%

2. I like it despite it feeling more "arcady" (722 votes [27.93%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.93%

3. Indifferent (120 votes [4.64%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.64%

4. I dont like it but I can live with it (307 votes [11.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.88%

5. Its terrible. Big step back from GTA IV (424 votes [16.40%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.40%

Vote Guests cannot vote
simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:18 PM Edited by simonp92, 17 October 2013 - 12:18 PM.

I liked IV's more because it was challenging thus more fun. I hope for the next game they will have of mix of IV and V's handling. It would have the perfect balance of handling and tracktion. 

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:20 PM

You guys might like the driving in IV but many many people complained loudly about it and R took that into account when making this game. There is simply no way they could have please everybody.

Complainers still bought 4, didn´t they? And they still bought V too, despite not having a clue that the driving had been dumbed down to please them. Actually, previews talked about "improved vehicle handling", which I´m sure frightened them out.

Nothing would have happened if they had kept (and improved) IV´s physics. They would have released a better game, that would have made just as much money, and that would have had a huge long term fanbase that would have kept the online alive for years and years.

Now if they want that, they´ll have to work for it. Kiddies will be soon playing next shooter anyway, and the ones that should have been playing the game long term will look for something better too.

• B Dawg likes this

Gutslab
  • Gutslab

Bustre

• Members
  • Bhutan

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:24 PM

TRON+San+Andreas.+badass+Franklin_355e34

wtf man

• Kent_Paul_Jnr likes this

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:44 PM

Oh man oh man.

I was catching a little bit of Top Gear's "Worst car in the world" episode and I saw the part where they test two American 1970's luxury cars.

Those cars were bodyrolling so much through the corners, my god, I want to show every IV hater who says body roll isn't realistic that episode. I think one (the Lincoln Continental) actually lifted its tires off the ground during one corner.

There are two mistakes these guys complaining IV´s body roll were making:

1) Not knowing the car´s actual limits and characteristics.

2) Not knowing what they were doing when they mashed the stick from side to side.

1) EVERY car is capable of extreme body roll when treated too roughly. If you´re motorsport enthusiasts, you´ll remember Fernando Alonso tyre warming procedure back in the Michelin days lifting a wheel of the ground turning from lock to lock at not that high speed in a F1, the stiffest and lowest Earth vehicle.

Of course, as we go down the ladder it gets worse. A safety car (a proper racing car itself) looks like a boat when compared to them. A regular sportscar is even more bouncy, even more your regular car, and even more the old American cars. People was crying because their Peyote would lean like crazy going through a 90º bend at 70 km/h... guess what? try that in real life and you´ll see how ugly it´ll get. Every car is capable of extreme body roll when pushed to the absolut limits of lateral grip.

2) IV didn´t have an speedometre. But there are a lot of videos with it that 3rd person camera view users should have a look to see why your car didn´t make it though that corner. You weren´t going slow exactly.

Another group of smart asses cried the car rolled too much when turning from left to right at low speed.

But what they didn´t think is that they were mashing the joystick from full lock to full lock. Grab your car, speed it up to 60 km/h, and turn from full lock to full lock as fast as your hands allow you to. You´ll change your mind. But now, go further, imagine being able to make it from full lock left to full lock right like 3 times faster than you can in real life, like the game allowed you to do. Now it doesn´t look that silly, uh?

People just didn´t know what they were doing. They used the joystick roughly and obviously a car under extreme wheel locks at decent speed is going to have massive weight shifting episodes. People made this stuff thinking it was normal driving when they were using full lock at normal speeds, and look at how little lock your car needs to go though corner in real life.

Yes, the game looked silly when these guys drove it. Just like a real car will look silly if you thrash it from full lock to full lock at normal speed. But grab a skilled racer actually being good and smooth on the steering and suddenly the game looked spot on.

• ahatius likes this

GuitarJozz
  • GuitarJozz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:45 PM Edited by GuitarJozz, 17 October 2013 - 02:46 PM.

You guys might like the driving in IV but many many people complained loudly about it and R took that into account when making this game. There is simply no way they could have please everybody.

There sure is.  They could release a patch which would add an option in the settings to adjust the vehicle physics.  Or they could add a cheat to the game which would enable GTA IV like physics/handling. 

Those who complained about GTA IV were most likely the type who just wanted to play the game to complete it, and never touch it again.  So of course they complained because they couldn't grasp the concept of spending a bit of time to learn how to handle the cars in the game.  They just wanted to get to where they were going to start the next mission and as fast as they could.  And now we have a game which caters to that type of person.  Now, those of us who loved GTA IV and everything about it were just cast aside.  We were the most loyal fans, the ones to which Rockstar should have listened.  Those of us who liked GTA IV's physics were the ones who played and enjoyed the game all the way up until GTA V was released. 

The driving was incredibly satisfying and gave you a rewarding feeling when you learned to handle the cars skillfully.  I don't get that feeling in GTA V.  When I weave in between two cars, narrowly avoiding a collision, and then attempt a drift/slide around a turn, I feel like the game assisted me.  It feels like you can't fully learn how to control the cars in the game because the game partly controls them for you.  There is no satisfaction or any sense of accomplishment when driving vehicles in V.

The longevity of GTA V will be severely severed in half because you people who complained got your wish.  Thank you for ruining the game for the rest of us...

SinceNES
  • SinceNES

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:42 PM Edited by SinceNES, 17 October 2013 - 04:49 PM.

GTAV is only for those who are not car enthusiasts.

I am not a car enthusiast but I am a video game enthusiast, and a GTA enthusiast.  What I love about playing a GTA game is becoming immersed in the world.  Having driving physics that behaved as I would reasonably expect based on real world world experience, added to the immersion.  Even though I am not a car enthusiast I still want the cars to behave like cars, and for the physics to make logical sense. 

I only post this because Ive seen the car enthusiast idea many times here, and I think thats an unnecessarily small population of gamers to mention, because many of us who appreciated IV are not car enthusiasts.

Then game companies should focus on creating quality games and carrying out their vision, instead of sacrificing that vision to meet the needs of the average Joe.  That is is how unique, quality experiences are created.  Catering to the masses does nothing but force games into a small box. 

• gunziness and suicidehummer like this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:36 PM

I think they should just add patch where you can choose what kind of driving you want. That way everybody will be happy and people can choose because there is no way everybody is going to see. It's like democrats and republicans with how polarized it is.

If you go on other forums you have no idea how much many people hated IV. R tried to make this as little like IV as possible as a response.

Sli
  • Sli

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:26 PM

I think they should just add patch where you can choose what kind of driving you want. That way everybody will be happy and people can choose because there is no way everybody is going to see. It's like democrats and republicans with how polarized it is.

If you go on other forums you have no idea how much many people hated IV. R tried to make this as little like IV as possible as a response.

That's what I've been saying should have been done since release. Just like Mafia 2 did. They had 2 driving modes, Arcade and Realistic.

The game could have physics that made cars behave realistically, giving depth to the gameplay for those who love driving cars, and then Arcade mode would add a bunch of driving assists for people who just want to get in cars to get from A to B. Sadly this probably didn't even cross their minds, as they have some utterly unrealistic features that completely bypass their driving physics, like that slow mo thing. It just doesn't slow down time, it basically takes vehicles out of the physics they have and makes them turn and brake EVEN faster. That's just idiotic.

• Cartman28279 likes this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:56 PM

I am the kind of person that loves driving around and I must say I love the physics. It's not nearly as arcadey is some people make it out to be. I play Saints Row and this is nothing like it.

7.62x39
  • 7.62x39

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:10 AM Edited by 7.62x39, 18 October 2013 - 07:28 AM.

Handling in GTA 5 is step back. This kind of arcade handling is for 5 years old children. GTA is about driving mainly, so we want feel like that that car have 1 500 kg and not just 200 kg. We are not monkeys, we know to learn everything and game can be about crystallizing out yourself. Just you can look at Ken Block GTA 4 fluent drifting with 300 HP under hood or more with smoke from wheels. This kind of driving is more fun than some crazy driving without damage.

I will play only with handling mod GTA 5 becouse I do not want to spit on GTA 4 memory.

It is no need to realistic handling but feel of car in car game is for us skilled players very importatnt.

Please ROCKSTAR, bring back QUALITY DRIVING to GTA 5 PC version. LET console versions to children.

Vatus
  • Vatus

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:36 AM Edited by Vatus, 18 October 2013 - 10:36 AM.

Yup. Ppl did hate GTA 4 driving mechanics, especially when it came out. I didn't find it that bad, but it felt too slipery and boat like. It was very annoying.

GTA 5 is too tight and light, but I only drive fast cars in the game to be fair. Each car in the game feels different to me compared to GTA 4 and I love the customization of your cars.

But one thing that I dislike is the fact that you can turn over your car pretty easy after you flipped it upside down in the game. I know R* probably did this to make driving more fun tho.

A mixture of the two would be nice. I'm more happy with GTA 5 handling but GTA 4 destruction of the cars.

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:07 PM

GTA 4 was about driving current cars.

GTA 5 is about driving machines not yet invented by humankind that would break your neck with the G´s they pull cornering and especially braking.

• namor likes this

Eutyphro
  • Eutyphro

the night we called it a day

• Members
  • Barbados

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:49 PM

When I first played the game I was thrilled over how fast cars went, then as I went on playing I started to be really annoyed by the fact that there was no real thrill in taking corners anymore. This made me really frustrated, until I fully tuned a fast car and understood why the handling is like it is. When you drive a slow or moderately fast car the new car handling is very boring and too easy, but when you drive a fully tuned supercar it starts to make sense.

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:08 PM

Not really, the faster the car, the worse it gets. Some of the low end cars actually handle like that, cars. The supercars are just spaceships on rails.

Eutyphro
  • Eutyphro

the night we called it a day

• Members
  • Barbados

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:53 PM Edited by gtaxpert, 18 October 2013 - 02:55 PM.

Not really, the faster the car, the worse it gets. Some of the low end cars actually handle like that, cars. The supercars are just spaceships on rails.

I know. And I like those spaceships on wheels. Driving is still somewhat challenging in them because if you give them full tuning they are insanely fast. It's the slow cars that I found fun to drive in IV, and very boring in V. But the handling system in V is aimed towards fully modded supercars. That's how I experience it.

And I disagree on the realism factor in the handling of slower cars. The cornering ability is insane and you can drive up insanely steep hills in them with ease.

JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:18 PM Edited by JBanton, 18 October 2013 - 06:20 PM.

Cras themselves and riving in V are terrible, especially in comparison with EFLC. I buy GTA mostly for the cars and driving but got bored of it last week. Thankfully, selling on Amazon UK allowed to reclaim £30 of the £35 GTA V cost me :)

I popped my EFLC disc back into my ps3 this week, went online and felt so much happier; better engine sounds for the Banshee, Sultan, F620. Damage was punishing and driving was uncertain as hell.

The cars and driving experience of V were a major disappointment  for me. I almost felt ripped off and somewhat upset last week because I was already bored of it   :(

• gunziness and Cartman28279 like this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:19 PM

Going to come out and say that some to a lot of the people saying V's driving is more realistic, harder, and/or flat out better than IV are either inexperienced drivers, haven't driven a car, don't know sh*t about them, or think they know sh*t because they drive -- that doesnt mean that you actually paid attention to every aspect of a car's handling.

V has slightly enjoyable driving and I don't really mind it but it isn't, it just f*cking isn't, an improvement over IV in my honest opinion. The sense of speed in V is better and the responsiveness is slightly better, but um, the handling is not better as a whole.

I've noticed a few flaws in how cars work in this game. First ofg, the sense of weight is not really there when I comes to turning. What makes this worse is that cars lack suspensions. So basically it is more suitable to off road in a Pegassi Vacca than it is to do so in a Baller, Dubsta, or heavy duty truck.

I-I honestly don't know what the f*ck happened. Offroading was so detailed, realistic, and fun in IV. I took a Futo off road and it struggles. I took a Sultan offroad and it did better due to being AWD. I took a Serrano offroad and it did its just. It climbed well, drove fast on rough terrain, and it felt strong.

Do that in V and here is what you get:
Futo drives well offroad
Sultan is fast offroad
Serrano struggles and can't climb to save its life

Excuse my language but who the f*ck thinks that is an improvement. If anything, it shows that the handling is flawed. A person in V climbs rocks better than an SUV with a V12 and AWD system does.

Now lets get to basic handling. Wait no there isn't much to say, basically the lack of suspension and weight f*ck it over.

Basically all they did was remove the suspension, the rough surface that should be used offroad, and the sense of weight around corners. That f*cked it all over.

@JBanton, that sucks. :( I thought the sounds were good.

JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:40 PM Edited by JBanton, 18 October 2013 - 08:45 PM.

@Stingray, yes some sounds are good, but a lot of cars sounded like they were given a "generic" engine sound, whereas IV & EFLC they had character and individuality;

1. Sultan in IV has UEL exhaust manifolds - sounded beastly but was removed in V
  2. F620 was always making high-pitched screams when you put your foot down in TBoGT. In V it sounds like any other sport car :(
  3. Banshee always gave its driver a low-pitched growl, in V it doesn't sound like it has a truck engine in it, it sounds similar to the other sports cars
  4. For an AWD car, the comet in V is one slippery bitch, my goodness...
  5. There are more, but why bother beating a dead horse...

There were some other really stupid moves, like;

• Two versions of VW (BF & Vulcar)
  • Super Diamond classed as a sports car
  • A V12 Zagato being branded a Ferarri

I honestly felt like they didn't really care much for quality with vehicles and driving in V, definitely not as much as they did for IV and EFLC. Yes, some of the new models are great, but overall it couldn't stop me from feeling cheated and disappointed :(

• Scaglietti likes this

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:28 PM

I know. And I like those spaceships on wheels. Driving is still somewhat challenging in them because if you give them full tuning they are insanely fast. It's the slow cars that I found fun to drive in IV, and very boring in V. But the handling system in V is aimed towards fully modded supercars. That's how I experience it.

And I disagree on the realism factor in the handling of slower cars. The cornering ability is insane and you can drive up insanely steep hills in them with ease.

You didn´t get my point. I don´t pick bad cars because I feel they portray better their real life lookalikes.

I pick them because they still feel like cars. Yes compact cars have more power and grip than actual compact cars. Same for every other class. But if I grab an American car, it performs like a sportscar should to say the least. If I grab a compact it performs like a Sultan should. So I still drive cars picking these.

But if pick a supercar, it´s not like driving a car anymore. They overperform so much that they´re not like any car class existing.

juls_nice
  • juls_nice

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:45 PM

-No, they didn't. Those games have simulated car physics and handling. GTA games purposely make thing like driving/piloting arcady so that the game can be enjoyed more. They DID improve the driving. It's easier to get around and keep your vehicle from toppling over. Sorry you feel otherwise, sux to be you.

Videogames move forward. If it were for morons like you we would still be playing 2d games. Last GTA had accurate physics and it only boosted the game.

-That's your limited opinion. Once again, sux to be you if you feel this way, but overall reviews and the poll results in this very thread (so far) prove otherwise.

And GTA IV a better game than GTA V?? You're smoking crack now. Quit while you're ahead...

It´s my limited opinion GTA IV is overall a better game. To me better story, better physics, and a World more full of things to do (like Vigilante) beat a bigger world. That´s right. My view.

But the physics being better is NOT an opinion. It´s a fact that you can check stepping on a car, measuring braking distances and acceleration rate, and lateral grip, and grip on different surfaces.

-Well then prepare to lose your ass, cause you bet wrong. And if GTA IV driving is considered simulation driving then I don't wanna be anywhere near you behind the wheels. LMAO...I literally just installed and played GTAIV on my PC less than a week ago to revisit it...uninstalled it the same day. I just could not play it due to the horrible driving mechanics. Damn near get seasick from all the constant swaying from the slightest turning, and my car would screech if I applied the break after going a whopping 5mph.

It´s easy to see you don´t drive.

Grab an old car, put it at 50 km/h, turn from full lock to full lock, and you´ll see how much it will lean. IV was slightly too bouncy, but much closer to it than this one.

Grab your car, put it at 20 km/h, hit the brakes as hard as possible, and let´s see if you lock wheels or not or not.

By the way, get an speedometer for the game. You´ll realize how stupid you are. There are plenty of youtube videos with speedometer and people suddenly understands why the car didn´t make the turn they asked it to do.

About the rest. Have a look around you my friend. People liking IV are motorsports enthusiasts and racing freaks. People liking V just want to go from A to B without their stupidity being exposed. There are more of them like you? Sure! Reviewers are like you? Sure!! Are you right? No.

Listen, I drive. I drive plenty. And I'd wager I've probably been driving since you were sucking on your mother's titties for milk judging by your immature namecalling.

GTAIV's driving physics were NOT REALISTIC. GTAV's driving pysics ARE NOT REALISTIC. Neither games have simulated physics. It's the reason why you can do stunt jumps so good. Try and do a "stunt jump" with a real life SUV and the front end would drop too fast to clear a good landing from the weight of the engine in the front. Try and do some of the same turns in real life that you would do in GTA IV and you'll see your car won't skid for nearly half as long as it does in the game. So miss me wth the "GTA IV has realistic driving" argument; you won't convince me until you put me in a real car that has bouncy shocks like they do in GTA IV.

GTAIV had MORE PRONOUNCED PHYSICS. The cars were also very floaty and bouncy due to said pronounced physics, and people had a hard time keeping their cars and motocycles on the road. These issues were well reported and documented by much of the gaming community. Even some fans of GTAIV driving have mentioned how much they didn't like it at first and only came around to it after playing it for so long (which most of us ended up doing). But, like you said, games evolve, and they changed up the driving. Some of you feel it was it's detriment, thats fine that you feel that way....

BUT you can eat a d!ck if you're gonna go around calling people names for disagreeing with you, or for pointing out to you that GTA is not a driving sim game! That's just plain wrong, and like it or not, GTAV driving is what it is.

Now excuse me, I'll be going off to enjoy the better handling and control that GTAV offers thankyouverymuch

monyg
  • monyg

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:28 PM

-No, they didn't. Those games have simulated car physics and handling. GTA games purposely make thing like driving/piloting arcady so that the game can be enjoyed more. They DID improve the driving. It's easier to get around and keep your vehicle from toppling over. Sorry you feel otherwise, sux to be you.

Videogames move forward. If it were for morons like you we would still be playing 2d games. Last GTA had accurate physics and it only boosted the game.

-That's your limited opinion. Once again, sux to be you if you feel this way, but overall reviews and the poll results in this very thread (so far) prove otherwise.

And GTA IV a better game than GTA V?? You're smoking crack now. Quit while you're ahead...

It´s my limited opinion GTA IV is overall a better game. To me better story, better physics, and a World more full of things to do (like Vigilante) beat a bigger world. That´s right. My view.

But the physics being better is NOT an opinion. It´s a fact that you can check stepping on a car, measuring braking distances and acceleration rate, and lateral grip, and grip on different surfaces.

-Well then prepare to lose your ass, cause you bet wrong. And if GTA IV driving is considered simulation driving then I don't wanna be anywhere near you behind the wheels. LMAO...I literally just installed and played GTAIV on my PC less than a week ago to revisit it...uninstalled it the same day. I just could not play it due to the horrible driving mechanics. Damn near get seasick from all the constant swaying from the slightest turning, and my car would screech if I applied the break after going a whopping 5mph.

It´s easy to see you don´t drive.

Grab an old car, put it at 50 km/h, turn from full lock to full lock, and you´ll see how much it will lean. IV was slightly too bouncy, but much closer to it than this one.

Grab your car, put it at 20 km/h, hit the brakes as hard as possible, and let´s see if you lock wheels or not or not.

By the way, get an speedometer for the game. You´ll realize how stupid you are. There are plenty of youtube videos with speedometer and people suddenly understands why the car didn´t make the turn they asked it to do.

About the rest. Have a look around you my friend. People liking IV are motorsports enthusiasts and racing freaks. People liking V just want to go from A to B without their stupidity being exposed. There are more of them like you? Sure! Reviewers are like you? Sure!! Are you right? No.

Listen, I drive. I drive plenty. And I'd wager I've probably been driving since you were sucking on your mother's titties for milk judging by your immature namecalling.

GTAIV's driving physics were NOT REALISTIC. GTAV's driving pysics ARE NOT REALISTIC. Neither games have simulated physics. It's the reason why you can do stunt jumps so good. Try and do a "stunt jump" with a real life SUV and the front end would drop too fast to clear a good landing from the weight of the engine in the front. Try and do some of the same turns in real life that you would do in GTA IV and you'll see your car won't skid for nearly half as long as it does in the game. So miss me wth the "GTA IV has realistic driving" argument; you won't convince me until you put me in a real car that has bouncy shocks like they do in GTA IV.

GTAIV had MORE PRONOUNCED PHYSICS. The cars were also very floaty and bouncy due to said pronounced physics, and people had a hard time keeping their cars and motocycles on the road. These issues were well reported and documented by much of the gaming community. Even some fans of GTAIV driving have mentioned how much they didn't like it at first and only came around to it after playing it for so long (which most of us ended up doing). But, like you said, games evolve, and they changed up the driving. Some of you feel it was it's detriment, thats fine that you feel that way....

BUT you can eat a d!ck if you're gonna go around calling people names for disagreeing with you, or for pointing out to you that GTA is not a driving sim game! That's just plain wrong, and like it or not, GTAV driving is what it is.

Now excuse me, I'll be going off to enjoy the better handling and control that GTAV offers thankyouverymuch

Finally someone I can agree with...both of these games driving mechanics are unrealistic, so when people throw in realism as a point to why one games driving is better than the other, it just makes you seem dumb.

Cartman28279
  • Cartman28279

"Not now chief, I'm in the f**king zone"

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:44 AM Edited by Cartman28279, 19 October 2013 - 12:45 AM.

To all the people bashing on GTA IV's driving system/engine saying there was no hope for any improvements with it and complaining about the boat like feeling of the vehicles, this is for you.

This mod was created by one person who made a script to make vehicles in IV to handle like they do in V, and they did a great job with it. Although there could be some obvious improvements with the mod, it's done very well. For instance, to make each individual vehicle on IV that's on V have the same speed, acceleration, and braking as it does currently V to make the mod better. That's kinda besides the point talking about how to make it better, but still, it goes to show it's possible and that's what I need to hear. Not because I enjoy V's handling more, because I really don't, but it raises the question why Rockstar didn't just improve the driving from the current engine they had. If they had a great fluid driving system like in IV where the cars had more more momentum, suspension, better body rolls, etc, why wouldn't they just implement that into GTA V and just add traction to the vehicles? It would work fantastic with it, and I guarantee a majority of people who are defending the driving on V complaining about IV's driving system wouldn't say a word about it. I mean come one, what were they thinking when they did what they did to the driving? In a way, I could guess they kinda had to make the driving this way so the current gen consoles could handle it on top of everything else going on in the game at once, but I know they could have found a way to make it work well with V. That's still no excuse to doing that though.
  • gunziness and namor like this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:10 AM

They did what they did with the driving because people complained endlessly about the driving in IV. I sort of wish they would do whatever the hell they want since it seems people will never be happy no matter what. If they kept the driving from IV there would have been a whole bunch of complaints as well so they are really damned if they do and damned if they don't. When I read some of the complaints when the game was leaked I expected Mario Kart driving and when I played the game I found a happy medium between IV and arcadey driving.

Aragrox
  • Aragrox

F*ck That

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:23 AM

GTAIV's driving physics were NOT REALISTIC. GTAV's driving pysics ARE NOT REALISTIC. Neither games have simulated physics. 

GTAIV had MORE PRONOUNCED PHYSICS. 

Gta IV driving physics were realistic. You said it your self that IV has more pronounced physics, which in turn means that its more closer to being real. Being realistic and a simulator are two different definitions.

Realistic-having or showing a sensible and practical idea of what can be achieved or expected.

Simulator-a machine with a similar set of controls designed to provide a realistic imitation of the operation of a vehicle, aircraft, or other complex system, used for training purposes.

Gta IV is realistic because how it reacts to damage, the braking, when turning, car collisions, accelerating, decelerating, everything. It wasn't the best, there is a lot of room for improvements, lots of improvements, and people who were looking for these improvements did not find it in V, which is why were here. I don't see it as complaining, but to sort things out, and it starts here.

If you drive in real life, you would know IV is realistic.

• suicidehummer likes this

tom666
  • tom666

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:31 AM

The Game is called Grand Theft AUTO.......AUTO right. Not Grand Theft Tennis or Grand Theft Watching Television.

The fact that the very thing mentioned in the title just happens to be the worst most unrealistic moronic pathetically acradey driving physics I have ever come across in a game that's supposedly about driving around. The handling in VIce City was better than this.

The fact the car has steerable front wheels is redundant because the vehicles pivot on the spot as if on a turtable or have a stick running through the middle of them.

This will appeal to little kids whose parents don't give a rat's ass and will let them play whatever they want as long as they shut up about it. This seems to have been the only concern for rockstar. They apparently would like to believe no-one ever played IV, so that we would all be so accepting of this trash they used for car physics.

BTW I own a cadillac, 2 lotuses, and race GT3 porsche as a privateer on professional tracks, so none of you little a-holes give me any sh*t about not knowing how to drive. And I am an adult who has learned how to drive in the real world and survived because I never let my imagination over-ride real life physics.

Young kids will be able to play this game simply because they don't know any better. Until of course the day they go for thier first driving lesson and realize how crap this game actually is.

I have sent a message to the "we don't give a f*ck, because we have your money" people at rockstar. I WANT A GODDAMN REFUND.

I did that because I was pissed off and had time to waste, Not one ounce of me expects a reply.

Great game, as long as you never get behind the wheel...

• suicidehummer likes this

tom666
  • tom666

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:14 AM

I joined less than an hour ago, probably never to use this site again.

Fanboys, you are so cliched and easy to spot. You're like hysterical goddamn christians.

someone says "the handling is a bit off" and you're all like "die motherf*cker", "burn the heretic", "run his family out of town".

Bunch of hopeless assholes who will never amount to anything in life because you're too busy agreeing with each other in your segregated community of hate.

Fanboys seem like a massive circle jerk of mindless agreement. Blinded from actually looking to see and comparing how this is an obvious failure compared to previous titles in the same franchise. You are all the epitome of useless. Whiny little bitches that achieve f*ck all.

Just sayin'

suicidehummer
  • suicidehummer

This post will self destruct in 3... 2... 1...

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:01 AM

Just because you drive, that doesn't make you an expert on vehicle physics. Commuting to work and back every day is nothing like the driving you do in GTA. Unless you've taken your car to a track, you have no idea how it would react in such extreme circumstances. The average sedan will have significant body roll and lose traction easily when pushed. IV was VERY realistic. Don't believe me? Here:

http://youtu.be/sKk9p0xCX4k?t=1m12s

And here's a similar Caddillac doing a slalom:

http://youtu.be/o2QYBU8JX8w?t=3m36s

They're turning much more smoothly through the slalom, but notice how the weight shifts and the body leans.

• tom666 likes this

tom666
  • tom666

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:18 AM Edited by tom666, 19 October 2013 - 10:05 AM.

This franchise now sucks, I won't be waitng for GTA6. I would rather play Beamng.Drive instead. (but I suggest you don't play it until you finish this tripe) It only costs $15 and is about 1000 times more realistic than these poor excuses for cars. AND they have licensed vehicles and they have the most realistic crash physics engine known to man with fully deformable vehicles and detail that will make your eyes bug out of your head. And it is supported with new content for it's entire lifespan with vehicles and maps made by the programmers who weren't allowed to do the best they can on games like GTA5. Plus they don't have Silly ass  deveolpers/executives/producers who are more concerned about your character receiving a "quality blowjob" than your ability to appreciate the sh*tty driving physics

But anyway......

GTA5 is kinda like a 40 year old mustang, great to look at, teribble to use. How sad to ruin the most important aspect of the game.

f*ck the tennis, f*ck the golf, f*ck everything else, just make the title worthy of what appears in the game. grand theft AUTO. AUTO, as in cars y'know not f*cking golf or tennis or watching television or whatever else rockstar thought was more important.

My love for this game since GTA3 almost seemed un-ending, well it ends with GTA5.

f*ck you rockstar, f*ck you very much. But don't get me wrong...

Rockstar you made a great gaming companion over many years, you progressed into something beautiful, but that beauty melted your brain and my brain refuses to sink to your level, it's over.

• JBanton likes this

Kent_Paul_Jnr
  • Kent_Paul_Jnr

lets bounce

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:14 AM

TRON+San+Andreas.+badass+Franklin_355e34

wtf man

gotta try this,   thanks for great vid

JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:17 PM

This franchise now sucks, I won't be waitng for GTA6. I would rather play Beamng.Drive instead. (but I suggest you don't play it until you finish this tripe) It only costs $15 and is about 1000 times more realistic than these poor excuses for cars. AND they have licensed vehicles and they have the most realistic crash physics engine known to man with fully deformable vehicles and detail that will make your eyes bug out of your head. And it is supported with new content for it's entire lifespan with vehicles and maps made by the programmers who weren't allowed to do the best they can on games like GTA5. Plus they don't have Silly ass  deveolpers/executives/producers who are more concerned about your character receiving a "quality blowjob" than your ability to appreciate the sh*tty driving physics

But anyway......

GTA5 is kinda like a 40 year old mustang, great to look at, teribble to use. How sad to ruin the most important aspect of the game.

f*ck the tennis, f*ck the golf, f*ck everything else, just make the title worthy of what appears in the game. grand theft AUTO. AUTO, as in cars y'know not f*cking golf or tennis or watching television or whatever else rockstar thought was more important.

My love for this game since GTA3 almost seemed un-ending, well it ends with GTA5.

f*ck you rockstar, f*ck you very much. But don't get me wrong...

Rockstar you made a great gaming companion over many years, you progressed into something beautiful, but that beauty melted your brain and my brain refuses to sink to your level, it's over.

I can fully sympathise with this. I recommend selling your copy on your respective Amazon; you'll get back most of your money.

The driving experience of V does not justify a £35 value if you ask me. So as a f**k you to R*, I sold my copy, got back nearly all my money, which I'll use to buy Watch Dogs when it comes.

I'll approach the next GTA title with caution, if such a short-lived, low-quality and horribly thoughtless driving experience is going to be featured again.

Don't get me wrong, I love R* for SA, LCS, IV & EFLC, but V is a shambolic money grab attempt I feel :/

• Scaglietti likes this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users