Quantcast

» «
Photo

The Driving Debate

3,449 replies to this topic

Poll: Driving Debate (2167 member(s) have cast votes)

How do you feel about GTA V's driving mechanics

1. Its great. A huge improvement of GTA IV (870 votes [40.15%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 40.15%

2. I like it despite it feeling more "arcady" (597 votes [27.55%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.55%

3. Indifferent (97 votes [4.48%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.48%

4. I dont like it but I can live with it (247 votes [11.40%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.40%

5. Its terrible. Big step back from GTA IV (356 votes [16.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.43%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Stynki
  • Stynki

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:16 PM

Since the release of this game, i am making a realistic handling for all vehicles and i can tell you exactly where are the biggest mistakes in the handling.dat file.  : )

Unrealisticaly fast accerelation, too much grip (cornering and accer/brake grip), too much brake power, almost every vehicle have a large antirollbar force. These four are the most unrealistic. 

They have also a value on how much to lose a traction at low speed, aka burnouts, and 4x4 jeeps have a bigger value (which means less grip) than cars, so a longer burnouts, which is a shame. : ) Also there are a material grip factor, which is too small, that's why vehicles almost do whatever they want on dirt and sand. Suspension levels are a bit stiffy also, especially the rebound damping ratio. 

There are imposiblly small turning radiuses for all the vehicles and a too big steering angles.

And there are things that can't be tweaked from the handling file, like a countersteering aid and the slightly autobrake aid system, when you let of the gas.

What about suspension?  Is there anything in the handling files about suspension?  Or would decreasing the antirollbar force make the suspensions of the vehicles a bit softer?

Yes. It can be tweaked. Removing antiroll force makes the suspension a lot more dinamic. Also it can be softened, BUT somehow the rebound from everything is somehow very fake in this game. Very bad glue feel, so for now i can't remove this with only handling.dat tweaks.

DBMandrake
  • DBMandrake

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:47 PM

Is it just me or did they tweak the driving with the GTAO update? Both driving in single player and in GTAO feels different (in a better way) than when the game launched..

Yes, steering is less sensitive and more linear. But still plenty of other problems to work in if they want to get the driving right.
Very amusing reading all the posts after this one debating whether or not Rockstar have made any changes to the physics or car handling in the patches, for me the answer is definitely yes, although the changes are subtle.

I'm a big driving fan having played most of the Codemasters racers and a few others like Forza etc, and one of the things that always impressed me about GTA IV and made me keep coming back to it for years after I completed it was the driving.

Yes the cars all rolled a bit too much, yes there was a bit too much understeer at speed on most of the cars, yes the low end cars were slow and boat like, but the higher end cars felt good to drive and the basic physics simulation was very sound, with small tweaks to the vehicle dat files it could have passed for a dedicated racing game.

My favourite car was the Sultan RS - not the fastest car in the game but the most balanced and most fun to drive, with just the right amount of controllable throttle over steer but not enough to cause you to spin out all the time.

With a little bit of practice you can drift that car around corners accurately just like a proper racing game.

The only other open world game I can think of with a similar degree of accuracy in driving physics is Mafia 2 - it has a different feel but is equally good in its own way. All the other open world games I've played only have purely arcade "physics" of the need for speed carbon or burnout variety which doesn't interest me at...

For GTA 5 I hoped for a game with the same physics and driving engine as GTA IV with the vehicle dat files tweaked to "tighten" the car handling up but without any major changes.

A bit less mass (GTA IV cars are a bit too heavy with too much momentum) a bit lower centre of gravity to reduce body roll, slightly firmer damping on the suspension to reduce the "bouncing", slightly more tyre grip and it would have been perfect.

As the trailers started to come out I began to panic as they clearly depicted pure arcade driving nothing like the attempt at simulation in IV. I dismissed it as unfinished betas or scripted car movement for the purposes of trailers but deep down I knew I was going to be disappointed.

When I got the game as soon as I got to free roam as Franklin I grabbed his car and drove right around the map, and was horribly horribly disappointed by the driving physics...it was worse even than I imagined.

No body roll at all, the car could stop from full speed in half a second with no skidding, steering was like Mario cart, the car felt light like a plastic toy car, just no feeling at all. Trying to drift the car was impossible, and even going at full speed there was no sense of "speed" like you felt in IV when you were going flat out.

It felt as bad as LA noire, which had terrible driving. In fact at first I thought they'd used the physics engine from LA noire, possibly to try to reduce CPU demands compared to the more complex physics simulation of GTA IV, to leave more CPU for the larger game world and/or improved graphics.

After a while I did start to get used to it, and I'm not entirely sure whether it was levelling up my characters driving stat, upgrading the cars themselves or both, but with fully levelled up characters and fully upgraded cars, they do definitely feel better - Franklins car has gone from being one of the worst to being one of the best to drive for example, albeit still very arcady in the steering, tight cornering and sudden braking.

Then the GTA online patch came out and I immediately noticed a difference in the feel of the cars, especially those that are fully upgraded, and especially with Franklin and Michaels cars.

The steering has gone from feeling like Saints Row 1/2 where the car just instantly goes in the direction you point it with no inertia, to feeling like it does actually corner more like a real car, albeit one that is still "too light" and responsive, and still doesn't have body roll.

You can actually wheel spin and power slide Franklins car in the dry now and rather than feeling like LA noire it now feels a bit more like GTA IV with different car tuning instead of feeling like a completely different physics engine.

A combination of the patch, car upgrades and player driver stat levelling has taken the driving in the game from unplayable Mario cart that ruins the experience to a tolerable arcade racer with some feel of control and handling, albeit still with unrealistically light and grippy cars.

For all those who will say that I'm just another forum member who is whining about the handling and imagining a change in the patch that doesn't exist, this is the first time I've posted on this forum and in fact the first time I've even read this forum.

When the patch came out I could feel a change in the handling right away, it was subtle enough that at first I was doubting myself whether I had really noticed a change or not, but noticeable enough that I started searching on google for any evidence of or discussion about physics/handling changes in the patch, I also tried uninstalling the title updates and starting a new game with and without title update to try to confirm whether there really was a change or not.

Its only AFTER noticing a change myself, searching to try to find information about any physics/handling changes that I happened across this and similar threads. If I hadn't noticed a change I wouldn't have spent time looking for confirmation of changes in the first place, and I certainly did not read about changes anywhere before noticing it myself.

Those that think that software patch change logs list all changes made and that if its not listed its not real are kidding themselves. Silent fixes of unacknowledged bugs or issues are common place in software development.

It may not even be that they tried to "tune" the handling, there could have been a bug in the physics engine or vehicle controls that was discovered and quietly fixed which made the handling feel better.

So in my opinion changes in the physics and/or vehicle handling in one or more of the patches are subtle but real, and that the game is significantly more playable for me now, to the point where the driving is no longer distracting me from the rest of the game. YMMV.
  • B Dawg, Cartman28279, namor and 2 others like this

namor
  • namor

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:36 PM

I can just about tolerate the subtle improvement in the steering since the update, but what I find completely unforgiveable are the collision dynamics (Newton has been spinning in his grave since this game was released) and the damage physics. Very intelligent, reasonable and clear argument from DBMandrake above. GTA V has, without a doubt, the worst driving physics of all their games. This is a major issue which needs to be addressed by them. The outcry over the driving in V is far greater than it was over the driving physics in GTA IV.

DBMandrake
  • DBMandrake

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:57 PM Edited by DBMandrake, 15 October 2013 - 07:58 PM.

I can just about tolerate the subtle improvement in the steering since the update, but what I find completely unforgiveable are the collision dynamics (Newton has been spinning in his grave since this game was released) and the damage physics. Very intelligent, reasonable and clear argument from DBMandrake above. GTA V has, without a doubt, the worst driving physics of all their games. This is a major issue which needs to be addressed by them. The outcry over the driving in V is far greater than it was over the driving physics in GTA IV.

Yeah I agree about the collision physics too - something is really wrong there too. When you crash into another car it does not seem like conservation of momentum is being adhered too.

GTA IV felt just right there - if you were going fast and hit a similar sized stationary car especially side on, instead of you stopping dead and the other car barely moving as it does in V, the car you hit would be pushed violently out of position - as it would in real life, and you would retain some momentum.

I can't tell whether its just the lack of car mass and excessive tyre grip in the vehicle dat files, or whether they're fudging the physics somehow... again this fake crash/impact reaction feels very much like the car physics in LA noire...

Stynki
  • Stynki

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:01 AM

@DBM, i will search in the updated handling.dat file and will tell you exactly if they change something in it, or the change is somewhere else. 

About the damage and inertia - the truth is that the damage destructable factor is too low, that's why cars take little damage in crashes. The other problem about transfering inertia to other car is mostly because of the unreal big amount of grip.  : )

kvbrock82
  • kvbrock82

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:37 AM Edited by kvbrock82, 16 October 2013 - 10:17 AM.

I was a staunch campaigner against the terrible arcady driving physics who in fact was so annoyed by them that i didnt even finish the game(got to like 50%), such was my annoyance. I just couldnt get my head around them and detested the driving completely. After a week or so complaining here I simply gave up as I thought no fix would be forthcoming.

However, I am here again now to thank Rockstar for their dedication, as I loaded up the game again yesterday and noticed a distinct improvement in the car physics. The extreme twitchiness of the cars at high speed is the most prominent improvement in my opinion, and cars no longer do 90 degree turns into walls at top speed when approaching a corner. The cars have a subtle, noticed increase in a feeling of weight and you are more able to 'throw' a car into a corner now.

Finally, I can play the game without mumbling to myself about what the game could have been, and instead can enjoy it for what it is. The driving could still be better, but at least it is now enjoyable and not a discredit to the game itself. Well done Rockstar, and thank you for your support.

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:38 AM

Wait, was there an update? An update specifically for driving?

lee01
  • lee01

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:59 PM

Are we talking about the update from a couple of weeks ago,or is there a new one? really hope there's a new one

GuitarJozz
  • GuitarJozz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:12 PM

I just booted the game up and played again for a little, there was no new update for me...  I think they meant there was a hidden tweak for the driving in the last official update, from a couple weeks ago...

kvbrock82
  • kvbrock82

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:48 PM

I havent played in a couple of weeks and loaded it up yesterday to play and noticed the difference in handling, so yeah, it may be one you are already familiar with in your case.

lee01
  • lee01

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:09 PM

R bollocks,come on R* hurry up and tweak the driving some more will ya :angry:

JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:41 PM Edited by JBanton, 16 October 2013 - 04:42 PM.

Sadly the driving killed GTA V for me last week.

Gran Turismo 5 and EFLC it is for me :)

JayDM420
  • JayDM420

0.14 KD

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:59 PM

Still not satisfied with the driving. Xbox1 and Forza 5 can't come out soon enough...Drifting/motorcycles still suck ass. I really hoped for IMPROVED PHYSICS FROM GTA IV. Instead we got dumbed down physics for children learning the game. Let me bang a wheel through a corner for gods sake.

R* has lost me if there aren't more improvements coming out soon.

juls_nice
  • juls_nice

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:18 PM

Wow I can't believe the complaints about driving in here

Don't know why or how people are expecting real world driving physics akin to games Forza and Gran Turismo.

You do know this is a GTA game right?

And honestly the driving in GTA IV was HORRIBLY UNREALISTIC. Emphasis on the HORRIBLE part.

All the cars had way too much bounce and swerve. Turn slightly to the left or right and you could see the whole body of the car sway to the opposit back corner. that's why they were so bouncy and would topple over so easily. And the acceleration was way off. Don't even get me started on the motorcycles pre-Lost and Damned.

I'd never, ever go back to the driving physics of GTAIV. NEVER!

Now if you wanna focus on something that's broken in GTAV then lets talk about flying the helicopters! It's like they're dangling on a string in midair....

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:28 PM

Don't know why or how people are expecting real world driving physics akin to games Forza and Gran Turismo.

Because they already gave us something with nearly that quality last time? They are able to do it, and we know it now. We expected further improvements, not this sh*t we got.

Last one was a GTA game too. And thanks to the detail in the vehicle physics, a BETTER GTA game. GTA game is basically 50% shooting 50% driving. They wrecked half the game.

And honestly the driving in GTA IV was HORRIBLY UNREALISTIC. Emphasis on the HORRIBLE part.

You don´t know what you´re talking about mate. I bet my ass that if you didn´t like it was exactly because it was accurate portraying the actual limits of a car.

All the cars had way too much bounce and swerve. Turn slightly to the left or right and you could see the whole body of the car sway to the opposit back corner. that's why they were so bouncy and would topple over so easily. And the acceleration was way off. Don't even get me started on the motorcycles pre-Lost and Damned.

The issues from IV were small and well localized. They only had to solve them. Instead they teared everything apart. We ended up with something WAY, WAY, WAY worse overall.

Motorcycles pre Lost and Damned? Still 1000 times better than what we got now. If you can ride them that´s it. If you expect to brake hard and turn at the same time, no matter you don´t like them. But the problem is you.

Who cares what a clueless guy would or wouldn´t do?

Now if you wanna focus on something that's broken in GTAV then lets talk about flying the helicopters! It's like they're dangling on a string in midair....

Think I know the type: think everything they can´t handle is broken.

• kvbrock82 and suicidehummer like this

kingzapata22
  • kingzapata22

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:53 PM

hey has anyone else had problems with the letter scraps,  im at the spot and heat the paper noise but the letter itself not there??? plz help

juls_nice
  • juls_nice

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:09 PM

Because they already gave us something with nearly that quality last time? They are able to do it, and we know it now. We expected further improvements, not this sh*t we got.

-No, they didn't. Those games have simulated car physics and handling. GTA games purposely make thing like driving/piloting arcady so that the game can be enjoyed more. They DID improve the driving. It's easier to get around and keep your vehicle from toppling over. Sorry you feel otherwise, sux to be you.

Last one was a GTA game too. And thanks to the detail in the vehicle physics, a BETTER GTA game. GTA game is basically 50% shooting 50% driving. They wrecked half the game.

-That's your limited opinion. Once again, sux to be you if you feel this way, but overall reviews and the poll results in this very thread (so far) prove otherwise.

And GTA IV a better game than GTA V?? You're smoking crack now. Quit while you're ahead...

You don´t know what you´re talking about mate. I bet my ass that if you didn´t like it was exactly because it was accurate portraying the actual limits of a car.

-Well then prepare to lose your ass, cause you bet wrong. And if GTA IV driving is considered simulation driving then I don't wanna be anywhere near you behind the wheels. LMAO...I literally just installed and played GTAIV on my PC less than a week ago to revisit it...uninstalled it the same day. I just could not play it due to the horrible driving mechanics. Damn near get seasick from all the constant swaying from the slightest turning, and my car would screech if I applied the break after going a whopping 5mph.

The issues from IV were small and well localized. They only had to solve them. Instead they teared everything apart. We ended up with something WAY, WAY, WAY worse overall.

Motorcycles pre Lost and Damned? Still 1000 times better than what we got now. If you can ride them that´s it. If you expect to brake hard and turn at the same time, no matter you don´t like them. But the problem is you.

-Uh no, actually the problem is YOU my friend. See, I'm not the one that dislikes the driving in GTAV. Only problem with controlling bikes that I have is that they don't properly represent riding one because you can't turn the front wheel independent of shifting your weight. That's minor to me because I don't expect GTA to have simulation bike handling (obviously you do though). I also wish they could powerslide more to be more fun but that's highly unrealistic.

Who cares what a clueless guy would or wouldn´t do?

-Obviously you do since you took the time and energy to reply to it. Thanx!

Think I know the type: think everything they can´t handle is broken.

-Erm actually wrong again. I CAN handle helicoptors (much better than people I've seen on GTA Online at least). I said flying helis in GTAV is flawed because....well it's flawed. You can barely keep a helicoptor steady. I've tried holding the analog stick straight fwd absolutely still while flying and the helis still sway. I understand the game tries to mimic turbulence and all that, just think they overdid it a tad too much. Didn't have that issue as much while flying helis in GTA: SA though.

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:25 PM

-No, they didn't. Those games have simulated car physics and handling. GTA games purposely make thing like driving/piloting arcady so that the game can be enjoyed more. They DID improve the driving. It's easier to get around and keep your vehicle from toppling over. Sorry you feel otherwise, sux to be you.

Videogames move forward. If it were for morons like you we would still be playing 2d games. Last GTA had accurate physics and it only boosted the game.

-That's your limited opinion. Once again, sux to be you if you feel this way, but overall reviews and the poll results in this very thread (so far) prove otherwise.

And GTA IV a better game than GTA V?? You're smoking crack now. Quit while you're ahead...

It´s my limited opinion GTA IV is overall a better game. To me better story, better physics, and a World more full of things to do (like Vigilante) beat a bigger world. That´s right. My view.

But the physics being better is NOT an opinion. It´s a fact that you can check stepping on a car, measuring braking distances and acceleration rate, and lateral grip, and grip on different surfaces.

-Well then prepare to lose your ass, cause you bet wrong. And if GTA IV driving is considered simulation driving then I don't wanna be anywhere near you behind the wheels. LMAO...I literally just installed and played GTAIV on my PC less than a week ago to revisit it...uninstalled it the same day. I just could not play it due to the horrible driving mechanics. Damn near get seasick from all the constant swaying from the slightest turning, and my car would screech if I applied the break after going a whopping 5mph.

It´s easy to see you don´t drive.

Grab an old car, put it at 50 km/h, turn from full lock to full lock, and you´ll see how much it will lean. IV was slightly too bouncy, but much closer to it than this one.

Grab your car, put it at 20 km/h, hit the brakes as hard as possible, and let´s see if you lock wheels or not or not.

By the way, get an speedometer for the game. You´ll realize how stupid you are. There are plenty of youtube videos with speedometer and people suddenly understands why the car didn´t make the turn they asked it to do.

About the rest. Have a look around you my friend. People liking IV are motorsports enthusiasts and racing freaks. People liking V just want to go from A to B without their stupidity being exposed. There are more of them like you? Sure! Reviewers are like you? Sure!! Are you right? No.

• kvbrock82 and suicidehummer like this

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:45 PM

The state of the discussion is depressing.

You have the people asking for improvements pinpointing what´s wrong, and what to do to solve it. We ask for specific improvements, we detail what´s wrong now, and how to change it, hell, some people even made decent mods. We talk about the braking distances, about the suspension stiffness, about the ammount of grip in different surfaces...

On the other hand, all the people saying it´s OK can say is "but look how many we are", "but read this review", "but it´s not supposed to have vehicles handling in a accurate way" etc. Not a single word about the actual driving itself, nothing to add on the topic at all. They say "this is better" but can´t say a single thing to explain what exactly is better. They can´t even point the things that have improved to defend their cause (because they wouldn´t know what has improved anyway), like wheelspin from standstill starts being more dependant on throttle input.

It´s the tyranny of ignorance, games progress and quality being held back because of developers being afraid of Average Joe not being able to handle it. It´s depressing.

People still bought GTA IV, uh? They would buy V even with the driving unchanged. They´d suck but R* would have the money on their pockets, a masterpiece of a game out, and a dedicated legion of long term players filling the online. Now they have these players on arms and ready to jump ship as soon as they know there´s no fix for this. Stupid decission. Suckers didn´t even know driving had been dumbed down till launch (reviews said "it was better", they surely had been sh*tting their pants LOL).

• kvbrock82, namor and suicidehummer like this

JayDM420
  • JayDM420

0.14 KD

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:16 PM Edited by JayDM420, 16 October 2013 - 08:17 PM.

You have the people asking for improvements pinpointing what´s wrong, and what to do to solve it. We ask for specific improvements, we detail what´s wrong now, and how to change it, hell, some people even made decent mods. We talk about the braking distances, about the suspension stiffness, about the ammount of grip in different surfaces...

On the other hand, all the people saying it´s OK can say is "but look how many we are", "but read this review", "but it´s not supposed to have vehicles handling in a accurate way" etc. Not a single word about the actual driving itself, nothing to add on the topic at all. They say "this is better" but can´t say a single thing to explain what exactly is better. They can´t even point the things that have improved to defend their cause (because they wouldn´t know what has improved anyway), like wheelspin from standstill starts being more dependant on throttle input.

It´s the tyranny of ignorance, games progress and quality being held back because of developers being afraid of Average Joe not being able to handle it. It´s depressing.

People still bought GTA IV, uh? They would buy V even with the driving unchanged. They´d suck but R* would have the money on their pockets, a masterpiece of a game out, and a dedicated legion of long term players filling the online. Now they have these players on arms and ready to jump ship as soon as they know there´s no fix for this. Stupid decission. Suckers didn´t even know driving had been dumbed down till launch (reviews said "it was better", they surely had been sh*tting their pants LOL).

Couldn't have said it any better. Most people defending the driving are 14 years old and don't drive. As juls_nice stated

They DID improve the driving. It's easier to get around and keep your vehicle from toppling over. Sorry you feel otherwise, sux to be you.

Its not easy driving irl. By making it as you said "easier to get around" They made it dumbed down and unrealistic. I'm sorry that you have never driven a car before and wouldn't know. If you have trouble driving in IV without toppling over then maybe you should just stick to CoD and Need for Speed and leave your uneducated opinion out of our "M" rated game that mommy bought you.

• kvbrock82 likes this

namor
  • namor

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:51 PM

This is sadly, and depressingly, very true. All but a very few are able to put together a coherent and intelligent argument as to why GTA V driving physics is better than that in GTA IV, and even those few are wrong. Those of us who dislike the physics on V can reason as to why it looks and operates like an infant-friendly driving mechanic, not just inferior to GTA IV, but inferior to all the previous gen GTA games, taking into account how the games have progressed from GTA III onwards.

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:24 PM

I´ve just done some buggy racing in the dessert. It was one of the things I was looking forward to in this game, and it sucks.

The sand doesn´t take away grip at all, you don´t have to react to slides because there aren´t any so you turn where you want to go and that´s it, and you don´t have to brake at all because the sand slows you down a lot.

• suicidehummer likes this

Agni
  • Agni

#WeeabooPower

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:31 PM

Man you described the exact problem I have with this conversation.

Everyone disappointed with V's driving has explained in detail why it's bad. Meanwhile its defenders have made a bunch of hollow "arguments" that don't really argue anything.

The fact that we can't mod out the countersteering aid is seriously worrying, R* wrote such noobish aids directly into the physics...hopefully the PC version will be able to have that modded out.

suicidehummer
  • suicidehummer

This post will self destruct in 3... 2... 1...

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:19 AM

I don't understand how they could create such realistic physics in IV, and screw it up so badly in V. IV's amazing driving physics were the biggest reason I was looking forward to V. With IV's physics, it would have been the best game ever, period.

I'm seriously thinking about modding my game with the realistic handling that guy is working on. I've never modded a console game before, but even if I screw it up, it's worth a shot.

Agni
  • Agni

#WeeabooPower

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:54 AM

Oh man oh man.

I was catching a little bit of Top Gear's "Worst car in the world" episode and I saw the part where they test two American 1970's luxury cars.

Those cars were bodyrolling so much through the corners, my god, I want to show every IV hater who says body roll isn't realistic that episode. I think one (the Lincoln Continental) actually lifted its tires off the ground during one corner.

sonic_blue
  • sonic_blue

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:38 AM

LMAO...I literally just installed and played GTAIV on my PC less than a week ago to revisit it...uninstalled it the same day. I just could not play it due to the horrible driving mechanics. Damn near get seasick from all the constant swaying from the slightest turning, and my car would screech if I applied the break after going a whopping 5mph.

Let me guess you were using the keyboard where 1 button press = instant 100% throttle and 100% steering lock.     Of course you are going to lose control very quickly if you just input 100% like that.  You have to use an analogue input device like the game was designed for.    As for your claim that you were going 5mph and locked, this is not true on tarmac.  On grass, definitely, as that will happen in real life.   

GTAIV = 7.5/10 simulation-esque physics

GTAV = 4/10 babby mode physics

GTAV is only for those who are not car enthusiasts.

Shootaholic
  • Shootaholic

zzzz....

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:01 AM

Sadly i don't think the driving  aswell as the toned down damage is going to be improved. Hopefully i get up one day to a superpatch in which there is better driving and softened damage. :cry:

woggleman
  • woggleman

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:23 AM

You guys might like the driving in IV but many many people complained loudly about it and R took that into account when making this game. There is simply no way they could have please everybody.

• ten-a-penny likes this

dukati
  • dukati

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:31 AM

i love riding a motorcycle like zig-zag

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:13 AM Edited by ten-a-penny, 17 October 2013 - 10:13 AM.

You guys might like the driving in IV but many many people complained loudly about it and R took that into account when making this game. There is simply no way they could have please everybody.

this! thiis and just this! :^: :^: :^:

the ONLY "vehicle" that I managed to ride in IV was the NRG-900RR! rest is like rocky vehicles :sui:

I only dislike the Bati 801 bike-turning/braking. later after I get the hang of it, seven times better! :^: especially after modding iit. :)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users