Quantcast

» «
Photo

The Driving Debate

4,680 replies to this topic

Poll: Driving Debate (2429 member(s) have cast votes)

How do you feel about GTA V's driving mechanics

1. Its great. A huge improvement of GTA IV (959 votes [39.48%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 39.48%

2. I like it despite it feeling more "arcady" (673 votes [27.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.71%

3. Indifferent (111 votes [4.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.57%

4. I dont like it but I can live with it (288 votes [11.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.86%

5. Its terrible. Big step back from GTA IV (398 votes [16.39%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.39%

Vote Guests cannot vote
dodeca
  • dodeca

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:57 PM

Are motorcycles and boats fixed too? And what about motorcycles?

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:52 PM

Already being fixed on console: [1][2]

f*ck, all they need to do to fix it is to modify some values here and there. Why on Earth they won´t do that themselves? (R* I mean).

beretta-gt88
  • beretta-gt88

Addicted to V

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:03 PM

I have posted in this thread once allready, all I have to say is after driving most of the vehicles, I have noticed all vehicles are upgraded like in a big blockbuster Hollywood movie the hero cars always have some performance addons, I like it, sometimes I want muscle cars to do a long burnout like was possible in GTA IV , but I still enjoy it :evilgrin:

dodeca
  • dodeca

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:49 PM Edited by dodeca, 07 October 2013 - 06:13 PM.

f*ck, all they need to do to fix it is to modify some values here and there. Why on Earth they won´t do that themselves? (R* I mean).

i thought R* axed it because of suspension compressions and body roll turned up affecting processing or something. But framerate seems quite well here.

I read that those who choose free aim offline will, when online, be limited to lobbies with others who chose free aim and similarly for auto aim. Lets hope R* is planning a driving fix along the same lines.

Agni
  • Agni

#WeeabooPower

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:18 PM

i thought R* axed it because of suspension compressions and body roll turned up affecting processing or something. But framerate seems quite well here.

I read that those who choose free aim offline will, when online, be limited to lobbies with others who chose free aim and similarly for auto aim. Lets hope R* is planning a driving fix along the same lines.

That video is amazing, looks so much better than unmodded V, almost makes me want to mod my Xbox to use it.
  • jagcivtec likes this

lee01
  • lee01

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:18 PM

looks much better than the crap physics we got now,dont even know why there is a driving debate thread.The driving is broken no debate,please please R* fix it and quick.

• jagcivtec likes this

theworldfamous
  • theworldfamous

all your game are belong to I

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:45 PM

bitch bitch bitch.. my opinion of IV aside, I really like the driving in V and it's growing on me. Sure it's easier to navigate the city, but that's also because the streets are much wider. Speeding around the countryside feels great, and IVs driving model definitely wouldn't support careening down Mt Chilliad in a Futo like V does. 

IV's driving really wasn't that great. It worked well in the confines of Liberty City where worst you had to do was a 45 degree turn around the corner. That it handled well, but the suspension was too floaty and the grip just downright weird. 

IV's was great. V's is great. 

IV's car handling in V would suck ass. 

invalidnull
  • invalidnull

git gud

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:08 PM

bitch bitch bitch.. my opinion of IV aside, I really like the driving in V and it's growing on me. Sure it's easier to navigate the city, but that's also because the streets are much wider. Speeding around the countryside feels great, and IVs driving model definitely wouldn't support careening down Mt Chilliad in a Futo like V does. 

IV's driving really wasn't that great. It worked well in the confines of Liberty City where worst you had to do was a 45 degree turn around the corner. That it handled well, but the suspension was too floaty and the grip just downright weird. 

EVERYONE LOOK HERE THIS MAN HAS A REALLY GOOD POINT.

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:16 PM

Wrong. You totally miss the point. IV handling in V would only boost the fun.

In IV we had the physics and we lacked some different scenarios to fully enjoy them, we only had city and tarmac everywhere.

In V we have excellent scenarios with tarmac, gravel roads, mountains, dunes...but we lack the physics to have fun on them.

Your quote about the Futo going down Mt. Chiliad safely being a good thing says it all really.

• B Dawg, suicidehummer, Boxman108 and 1 other like this

Agni
  • Agni

#WeeabooPower

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:37 PM Edited by Agni, 07 October 2013 - 09:39 PM.

Goddammit the more I see that realistic driving mod video the more I get pissed off, it's so much better than what R* did and it's a goddamn WIP done by some guy with a modded Xbox in his house! Seeing the cars actually react to the road, spin-out, lose grip, it's so much better it's insane. R* had the chance to put physics this good in this game but they didn't.

That is absolutely ridiculous. Sigh...I'll have to wait to get a PC so I can mod the inevitable PC version. 

• Boxman108 and jagcivtec like this

Shiggy
  • Shiggy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:51 PM

Seeing the cars actually react to the road, spin-out, lose grip, it's so much better it's insane. R* had the chance to put physics this good in this game but they didn't.

Uh... the cars do all of these things in unmodded GTA V, pretty frequently too.

• abruptjones likes this

Rafe
  • Rafe

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:52 PM

I really don't agree with much of what this guy said but one thing i think i do agree with is that IV's driving would be problematic in V because of the "ass-ramming" police strategy. That one event forces you to check your speed in preparation for the posterior contact resulting in slower pursuits. One can weave back and forth but again is that a fun aspect of pursuits, i don't think so. 

I would love to see IV's driving be brought into V but i think the police need to tone doing the suicidal collision behavior otherwise straight roads will demand perversely bizarre strategies like weaving or we will lose control constantly. 

Agni
  • Agni

#WeeabooPower

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:54 PM

Seeing the cars actually react to the road, spin-out, lose grip, it's so much better it's insane. R* had the chance to put physics this good in this game but they didn't.

Uh... the cars do all of these things in unmodded GTA V, pretty frequently too.

Oh they did do such things, but in a completely unrealistic way.

The cars in that video react much better and much more realistically.

• jagcivtec likes this

Terminus
  • Terminus

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:47 PM

The AI of the other drivers blows,the cars are too slow and WAY too lightweight, the momentum stops way to easily, the tires are like hot grease.

jagcivtec
  • jagcivtec

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:17 PM

To all of you saying "if you don't like it don't play it"...I'm sure you are pretty proud of showing R* how much you love their new driving by telling people off to stand for R*.

Well, You would make some dumb businessman.  Telling people to stop playing f*cks R* in the ass, because they want all people to keep playing for ever, so they can continue to sell DLC for years to come.  

They want to keep all their sold copies away from the used game bin, so everyone has to buy it new.  

They don't want people to stop playing because that would result in what I just explained, more used games on stores, less DLC costumers, less new games sold.  So if you think you're helping the game you're not, you are hurting the game.

• Terminus and JOEY Z like this

jagcivtec
  • jagcivtec

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:31 PM

At least make slidey cars an option so we can happily drift with no penalty.

jagcivtec
  • jagcivtec

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:47 PM

That video is amazing, looks so much better than unmodded V, almost makes me want to mod my Xbox to use it.

Be ashamed Rockstar.

Aragrox
  • Aragrox

F*ck That

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:16 AM

If gta IV driving was in V, then everything would be affected by it. The police would not be able to ram you because of that unless it is scripted, which it's probably is now. Also some of the missions will probably have to be reworked if the handling is based on the script, or if the script is based on the handling, then it wouldn't matter, like the handling is the main branch and the script is the leaf, or vice versa. But then again I don't know much about programming so this probably make no senses.

jagcivtec
  • jagcivtec

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:46 AM

Hack the sh*t out of Rockstar!

beretta-gt88
  • beretta-gt88

Addicted to V

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:27 AM Edited by beretta-gt88, 08 October 2013 - 01:30 AM.

I have a solution for ya:

1. Grab your GTA:SA case clean off the DUST and then open the case insert disc in your PS2/XBOX and Enjoy! continue with step 1 for a week then goto step 2 :)

2.Now grab our GTA V case and open it ,insert game in your PS3/XBOX 360 and then Have a BLAST!

San Andreas is BACK!!!!

Sli
  • Sli

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:01 AM

If gta IV driving was in V, then everything would be affected by it. The police would not be able to ram you because of that unless it is scripted, which it's probably is now. Also some of the missions will probably have to be reworked if the handling is based on the script, or if the script is based on the handling, then it wouldn't matter, like the handling is the main branch and the script is the leaf, or vice versa. But then again I don't know much about programming so this probably make no senses.

Yep you're right, take for example modded GTA IV with increased damage, every vehicle in the city is affected by this change not just your car, so in a chase cops can wreck their cars easily just like you, so in the end it balances out. That is if the game is following its own laws of physics, if it is just scripted and breaking those physics then it would be a problem. So yeah, a different handling model would most likely also affect cops, so they would lose grip and take longer to brake and collisions would damage them more, it would give you more options to run away from them.

mariana_dm1989
  • mariana_dm1989

Mari

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:37 AM Edited by mariana_dm1989, 08 October 2013 - 07:40 AM.

I really loved the driving in IV. I truly mastered it. I do also love the driving in V. Honestly, I think V's driving is the best it has ever been in the gta series. People just like to exaggerate. No you cannot make 90 degree turns at fast speeds. Most cars do have a good, accurate sense of weight to them. I do admit some of the vehicles feel like they have no weight, but these are a minority. V's driving is a huge improvement over IV's driving which I found too easy. In IV I only needed to make a good skid/power slide to turn vehicles around corners while driving at moderate speed, but in V i really have to calculate when to start the slide, how much to counter steer. I don't get how people call V's driving ''arcade''. It certainly is not made for kids. I have a hard time trying not to crash my car every 30 seconds. In IV it was too easy to refrain from crashing. I like how V's cars stick to the ground and do not feel like tanks when turning. What I love the most is the satisfying feeling of the weight of the car when making turns without hitting the brakes. Sentinel and diamond feel so super. Really great cars, they are my favorite so far.

Pig__Destroyer
  • Pig__Destroyer

DRIFT THIS *****

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:55 AM

I'm got use to V's driving and it would affect so much like the guy above said. Its harder to drift but Iearned how. But I guess i'm use to adapting to many, many car games. And I like the fact that I can smash without messing my vehicle up. I mean crap can we get the online to at least work properly before you guys blow a f'n gasket? Give em the option I guess cause I wouldnt like it if they changed it. There is alot more important things I could think of than 5% of people bitchin, christ. Online is a clusterf*uck if you ask me and its not as enjoyable as 4. With all the douchbags constantly causing grief. I mean I just found the dope heli and within 3 seconds someone shot me down in the buzzard/ that and you have to grind so much as everything is soooooo expensive. Screw that time of life wasted

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:44 AM

IV´s physics wouldn´t mess police at all. If they need new AI coding (they don´t, by now all games have AI able to adapt to different grip levels) that work is already done in IV, so it´s a copy paste.

They would even be able to keep the ramming from behind from police cars, it´s just a spawnning car behind you at a stupid speed, nothing to do with AI actually making its way to you.

Balancing police wouldn´t be an issue,they would just need to balance scripted stuff (like SP first mission driving behind Lamar) and time countdowns during car missions. Hardly an obstacle.

Also, they have the option to even avoid this and simply give a slidey cars option with double XP and $ during online races, and maybe even slidey cars lobbies (for free roaming too).

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:53 AM Edited by FasterThanYou, 08 October 2013 - 09:56 AM.

Honestly, I think V's driving is the best it has ever been in the gta series.

That´s full retard stuff. Say you like it, that´s an opinion. Don´t say "it´s better" cos that´s simply a wrong statement.

People just like to exaggerate. No you cannot make 90 degree turns at fast speeds.

Yes you can. What people means is that every car class overperforms and take these turns (any turn actually) at way higher speed than they should be able to. No one with half a clue will argue that´s like that.

Most cars do have a good, accurate sense of weight to them.

No they don´t. They have too much acceleration, they brake too soon and they lack momentum. All these are signs of lack of weight.

I do admit some of the vehicles feel like they have no weight, but these are a minority.

Nope. Again, all of them slow down too fast, all of them accelerate faster than they should... that´s the lack of weight.

V's driving is a huge improvement over IV's driving which I found too easy. In IV I only needed to make a good skid/power slide to turn vehicles around corners while driving at moderate speed, but in V i really have to calculate when to start the slide, how much to counter steer.

You keep going South. Nothing you say here makes any sense whatsoever.

- In IV it was way harder to drive at the maximum possible speed a car would allow. You were forced to work twice as hard to keep a car on the black stuff at the maximum possible speed. Nail the braking point, be careful with the angle you hit bumps and curbs, watch the balance of the car, shift weight carefully... all these challenges have gone.

- In V all you need to watch is not hitting the inside obstacles down to lame steering.

- In V you only need to countersteer (in the car sense) in huge slides, otherwise car corrects the slide by itself.

• gunziness likes this

lee01
  • lee01

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:20 PM

Would be happy with some tweaks to make it a bit better than it is now,bit less grip,more body roll on the cars that should have lots of body roll,the front end dipping when breaking a bit more suspension action.Just a few little tweaks here and there could make a big difference.

theworldfamous
  • theworldfamous

all your game are belong to I

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:45 PM

Wrong. You totally miss the point. 

No you miss the point. 

it's an opinion. Not fact.. but that's obviously a problem for you:

In V we have excellent scenarios with tarmac, gravel roads, mountains, dunes...but we lack the physics to have fun on them.

Way to state it as a fact, but it is, in fact, your opinion. I'm having plenty of fun in all those scenarios. Exchange the Futo for a 4x4 then, if that makes you more comfortable. 

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:46 PM

That we lack good physics is NOT an opinion. It´s a fact if you have basic knowledge about car dynamics.

sonic_blue
  • sonic_blue

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:12 PM

nekkidhillbilly
  • nekkidhillbilly

gta vigi game

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:16 PM

At least make slidey cars an option so we can happily drift with no penalty.

drifting  comments again this isnt the fast and furious or nfs

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users