Quantcast

» «
Photo

The Driving Debate

4,094 replies to this topic

Poll: Driving Debate (2253 member(s) have cast votes)

How do you feel about GTA V's driving mechanics

1. Its great. A huge improvement of GTA IV (899 votes [39.90%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 39.90%

2. I like it despite it feeling more "arcady" (626 votes [27.79%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.79%

3. Indifferent (100 votes [4.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.44%

4. I dont like it but I can live with it (258 votes [11.45%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.45%

5. Its terrible. Big step back from GTA IV (370 votes [16.42%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.42%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Akn9s
  • Akn9s

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:15 PM Edited by Akn9s, 23 September 2013 - 06:17 PM.

Cop who plays GTAV tries to turn at high speed

• FasterThanYou likes this

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:23 PM

BRILLIANT :lol:

Officer then excused himself "I didn´t realize slippery cars cheat was on".

Apath
  • Apath

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:30 PM Edited by Apath, 23 September 2013 - 06:30 PM.

Cheat Slippery Road kind resolved everything for me. I enjoy driving now in GTA V.

Problem is, it stops you from gaining Achievements.

The patch that R* should do is make the Slippery Car / Road cheat an option (like removing the HUD) and not block the Achs.

Sorry if this was posted before, didn't feel like reading / searching 15 pages.

nekkidhillbilly
  • nekkidhillbilly

gta vigi game

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:33 PM

It is not realistic but I find it much more enjoyable than IV which was just slow and sluggish. I was very good at driving in IV but it just wasn't very fun. In V it is a blast to weave in and out of traffic and I am even starting to love the bikes. The jewelry store robbery escape was much more fun than the subway chase in IV.

GTA was never a simulator and many people hated the direction they took with IV though I liked it so I am glad they went back to their roots.

the speed is something i dont care about. i dont find it anymore fun. tbogt had the cars the best of any ive played.

JubeiDOK
  • JubeiDOK

Westsiiiide!

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:36 PM

That's pretty, prettyyy, prettyyyy, funny.

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:37 PM

Cheat Slippery Road kind resolved everything for me. I enjoy driving now in GTA V.

Problem is, it stops you from gaining Achievements.

The patch that R* should do is make the Slippery Car / Road cheat an option (like removing the HUD) and not block the Achs.

Sorry if this was posted before, didn't feel like reading / searching 15 pages.

If they add an option to race under these physics online (just like there´s an option to turn off the mini map in online deathmatchs) or simply to use it as main physics in single player without handicaps, it would indeed help.

But the reduced grip still doesn´t help with the lame suspension physics. In GTA 4 you had to watch the angle and speed at which you attacked curbs and bumps. Now you don´t.

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:41 PM

No no. I just see that you have no interest in discussion. My point isn't 'I'll kick your ass' but that the advantages you violently defend won't help you against real players.

But I'll still kick your ass. Bring a crew if you like, I don't need 1v1.

Blah blah blah

I'll still kick your ass.

MercyfulFate151
  • MercyfulFate151

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:49 PM

No no. I just see that you have no interest in discussion. My point isn't 'I'll kick your ass' but that the advantages you violently defend won't help you against real players.

But I'll still kick your ass. Bring a crew if you like, I don't need 1v1.

Blah blah blah

I'll still kick your ass.

No, you won't. You didn't even read my original post, did you? Stop f*cking insulting people you arrogant little kid.

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:51 PM

I read your first post... That was enough.

MercyfulFate151
  • MercyfulFate151

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:54 PM

I read your first post... That was enough.

Then shut up already, stop sh*t talking.

dodeca
  • dodeca

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:58 PM

Perhaps we could interest you two to discuss your relationship troubles via PM?

king-rotty
  • king-rotty

King Rotty

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:26 PM

Real life driving skills mean literally nothing in GTA..

I've never found driving in any gta game remotely hard or intricate. you just hold the accelerator button down and try to steer your way to top speed.

In V now, like in IV, you can half ass the gas.

The steering now is the same, with many cars now having realistic weight ratios and so not all are as easy to mill out of the way with a truck. This is infact realistic.

If anything the cars in V are still too light for realism, but they're heavier than IV which makes them better in my book.

It takes experience of GTA games to drive well in GTA. Who here enjoys racing the wrong way up a high way in a sports car? Me!... why can I do that? GTA V is good that's why.

I could always do that, the fact that I can continue to do that in GTA V is something I refuse to consider as a bad thing.

GTA is about looking f*cking awesome with minimal effort while completing an objective in a way that makes you and all your friends go. HOLY f*ck!

GTA V achieves this. If it doesn't for you, you never understood the vision of GTA and that's all I can say. 

Some awesome points about driving now:... You can race top speed through most of the city, you can take drifting turns with certain cars with the engine's maxed. Go for a big muscle car and turbo it completely up and you'll find where you can start drifting..

All I ask of Rockstar is to add some slipper surface roads as well as the current good grip ones. At least in multistory carparks where drifts may just be possible. Maybe the industrial estates!

That shouldn't be too insanely impossible like most of the ridiculous crap people here are asking for.

• John The Grudge and MercyfulFate151 like this

vwnut13
  • vwnut13

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:31 PM

In GTA IV you had to countersteer.  In GTA V you don't.

In real life you have to countersteer.  In GTA V you don't.

king-rotty
  • king-rotty

King Rotty

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:35 PM Edited by king-rotty, 23 September 2013 - 07:37 PM.

to stop steering wrong, aim the camera using the right analogue button in the general direction you're headed.

Try it and let me know how it goes.

The camera mastery on GTAV is a huge game changer and makes the driving far more intuitive and easy.

Also..

I do counter-steer on V... In cars which are rear wheel drive and strong enough to push the back around the front on corners.

Akn9s
  • Akn9s

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:38 PM

Is it really too much to ask for an option in GTA V to choose a realistic themed handling?

I mean the handling for the PC version of IV can be easily edited by players in notepad, and since rockstar are the creators of gta v and the game engine it uses (rage) i don't see how they aren't able to easily do this.

THEBIGZED
  • THEBIGZED

For an annoying dick, you really are an annoying dick.

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:46 PM

I tried the slippery cars cheat and honestly it made the cars too slidey. I mean, it's not really better for realism but if you just want to drift then fine. But just the fact that the cheat is there shows, imo, that Rockstar knows the driving could be different.

One thing you'd have to take into account when making changes to the driving physics is all the missions that require some kind of a time limit. Unless you want to punish those who'd use the new driving model Rockstar would have to test and adjust the time limits accordingly.

dodeca
  • dodeca

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:04 PM

Yeah....and things like the mission where you need to SPOILER

Spoiler
. I imagine with slidey cars, the cab would not make the jump, but would rather just drop and hang from the trailer, most of which would still be on the road. Or maybe something like the truck overturning scene from the dark knight.

Anyone tried that mission with slidey cars?

dingdongdingaling
  • dingdongdingaling

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:14 PM Edited by dingdongdingaling, 23 September 2013 - 08:41 PM.

how is it those who are playing the game, is there any change of changing the tires? The slidey car physics are too slidey for my taste(only judging by youtube videos), so I'm wondering how the slidey car cheat comes out with racing/soft tire insted of the normal tires.

Flashify
  • Flashify

IV IS STILL KING

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:32 PM

Understeer isn't a word in V. It's too easy and... f*ck it I'm playing IV again.

30prumalinha
  • 30prumalinha

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:17 PM

Hey everyone! 

I think that GTA V feels like driving in Gran Turismo, which was supposed to be a driving simulator, but it felt like the wheels where plastic or icy...

It is too hard to reach perfection if you want to simulate how a car drives in a video game.

I really liked GTA IV's driving as it was fun, not a simulator.

I think it is best to enjoy and have fun, even if it is unrealistic, (as you get in Driver San Francisco) than to have a dull and non sensible driving like GTA V.

I can actually live with it, but there is no depth and I think that bringing this game's driving closer to a simulation has taken some fun and edge to it. It just seems not to respond to your demands, or sometimes give in too much when you want the driving to be fluid.

Maybe I'll get to like it more with time. 

Okay, 

I'm gonna have to take back some of what I said before. 

I've been playing bits and pieces of the game, and I should say that the above was my opinion at first. 

After a few more hours playing, I find that I quite enjoy the new driving in GTA V.

The fact that there is no more fooling around with the cars or other vehicles just means that the game has become a bit more mature and serious, but for me it is still fun. 

Though I thought I should say that the bikes driving still doesn't convince me.

Agni
  • Agni

#WeeabooPower

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:44 PM

how is it those who are playing the game, is there any change of changing the tires? The slidey car physics are too slidey for my taste(only judging by youtube videos), so I'm wondering how the slidey car cheat comes out with racing/soft tire insted of the normal tires.

I'm almost certain the difference is negligible. Also, the slidey cheat isn't as loose as you may have seen in youtube videos--when you actually use it in-game, it's very nice feeling and really makes racing more fun.

It still doesn't fix the utterly f*cked suspension dynamics, or lack thereof, though. That's the real thing killing the vehicle physics.

Sli
  • Sli

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:57 PM

GTA is about looking f*cking awesome with minimal effort while completing an objective in a way that makes you and all your friends go. HOLY f*ck!

See I don't get this, how can something surprise you or give you a sense of reward when it's totally expected?
How can you say WOW! after doing crazy stunts or evading an incoming car when you know there aren't really any consequences to crashing head on, or when your car is on rails?

It's like being in awe at your aiming skills when all you're doing is auto-aiming at people's heads lol.

dingdongdingaling
  • dingdongdingaling

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:00 PM Edited by dingdongdingaling, 23 September 2013 - 11:26 PM.

I'm almost certain the difference is negligible. Also, the slidey cheat isn't as loose as you may have seen in youtube videos--when you actually use it in-game, it's very nice feeling and really makes racing more fun.

It still doesn't fix the utterly f*cked suspension dynamics, or lack thereof, though. That's the real thing killing the vehicle physics.

thanks Agni! for me if I had the game, this cheat would always been activated. I think the cheat slows the game down in a good way

AVO77
  • AVO77

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:32 PM

I signed in just to vote how bad the handling is in GTA V.

The only way to have fun is by enabling the slippery cars cheat! Sadly sometimes it stops working also if the game states it's still on...

king-rotty
  • king-rotty

King Rotty

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:37 PM

See I don't get this, how can something surprise you or give you a sense of reward when it's totally expected?
How can you say WOW! after doing crazy stunts or evading an incoming car when you know there aren't really any consequences to crashing head on, or when your car is on rails?

It's like being in awe at your aiming skills when all you're doing is auto-aiming at people's heads lol.

The same reason you jump when a scary bit in a horror movie is on, for fun.

Or don't you know what that is anymore?

Are you such a mature gamer that all you could ever do is sit there with a spectacle wearing a 3 piece suit looking like the monopoly man, judging a game objectively and then writing a stern and fair note to rockstar north notifying them of your unmet expectations?

NasherUK
  • NasherUK

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:43 PM Edited by NasherUK, 23 September 2013 - 10:47 PM.

Slippery cars goes some way towards fixing the handling, but this doesn't effect NPC cars and you won't be able to use it online. The suspension model and overall driving mechanics are still lame though

I guess we won't see it truly fixed until the PC version is released and someone makes a mod :-(

Agni
  • Agni

#WeeabooPower

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:26 PM

Are you such a mature gamer that all you could ever do is sit there with a spectacle wearing a 3 piece suit looking like the monopoly man, judging a game objectively and then writing a stern and fair note to rockstar north notifying them of your unmet expectations?

Why are you so incapable of realizing that some people have fun in different ways?

Guess what: Your idea of fun is not the only valid one in the world. Some of us like a challenge and stop acting like challenging yourself isn't fun. What happened to the days where gamer cred came from defeating the secret boss on the hardest difficulty? Nowadays people want everything handed to them on a silver platter.

vwnut13
  • vwnut13

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:31 PM

Some people think easy is fun.

Some people think challenging is fun.

Easy as that.

I for one enjoy a challenge during a video game.

Sli
  • Sli

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:41 PM

So games having actual depth in their mechanics and having them present a challenge to the player is not fun? Ok.

blood_hound
  • blood_hound

//famfran//

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:54 PM

I think the handling is more realistic in V compared to IV plus the addition of the characters driving skills would increase how you can drive/fly properly. the first car I used in the first mission took quite sometime to adjust to since it's fast but the handling and brakes aren't that easy to control.

• king-rotty likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users