Quantcast

» «
Photo

Gunslingers ~ The Grand Theft Auto V Crew for Adults!

282 replies to this topic
MhastaChainx
  • MhastaChainx

gixxer ridin', wheelie poppin'

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:23 PM

Joined this group after seeing the post on here. Before joining GS, I didn't know too many to play GTAO with. The people that I did know, either didn't fit my playing style or just wasn't the type of "playing partner" i was looking for. After joining GS, I've found so many people who I can play with and see things the same way I do. Basically, just looking for matureness. I've expanded my friends list since joining and always have a good time playing with the daily players on GTAO. I'd say joining GS has been best addition to my "gaming experience". Best move in 2013 for sure!

Best thing about GS, is it's not only for GTA V. GS is for all platforms and all game types. It's awesome! Check them out as I am glad I did. Thanks McMurphy!

McMurphy
  • McMurphy

Founder of the Gunslingers.

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:46 AM

In my last update-orientated post, I announced the Gunslingers new feature that helps members of our group to gather more hits to their live gameplay broadcasts and to help everyone easily reference who is currently streaming live.

The GS Twitch Page has been enhanced even further since that initial announcement in two ways:
1.) Users can now refresh the list of status icons without needing to refresh the entire page so not to disrupt whatever feed you are currently watching or closing the chat window.

2.) In addition to being able to chat in the Gunslingers text chat while watching your favorite feeds, you can also send live messages to the broadcaster while he/she is streaming.

In another update, we have installed a new trivia game, "Trivia Blitz," into our custom and ever expanding Gunslingers Arcade. See how much you know while hitting that highscore list. We know that we can't always be in-game with each other, so the Gunslingers clan makes sure that there are plenty of ways to keep busy within the GS clan regardless of platform access.

The above features are mere examples of the sort of activity going on within the Gunslingers. We strive to make the gaming experience for fellow mature, casual gamers fulfilling and a true oasis from the typical negativity found throughout the larger gaming community. If you share the same wants, you are invited to join us!

The Xbox360 Grand Theft Auto V Clan for Adults.
The PS3 Grand Theft Auto V Clan for Adults.

Gunslingers - Blazing Trails for Parent and Hard Working Adult Gamers.
Gunslinger Gaming

• MhastaChainx likes this

MolsonCanadian
  • MolsonCanadian

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:22 PM

I joined not too long ago, maybe 3 weeks.  I was looking for like minded, mature people to mess around with in GTAO.  I found that in Gunslingers!  The Tuesday night meetups are a blast, nothing like an improptu street fight after all of us attempting to BMX in the skate park.  Then we would all head off into missions, and proceed to watch me get run over by a car and wasted in the first 13 seconds, and have a good laugh. (Then proceed to get run over again after I respawned)

I'm glad I made the choice to go with the GS Crew.

McMurphy
  • McMurphy

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 09:41 PM

To all my United States clanmates, I hope you had a good Thanksgiving! I, for one, will be eating left-over turkey sandwiches for the next month. If you can shake awake from your turkey coma yet, you may wish to share in reading the following message with the rest of our global Gunslingers army:

PT-AI715_BEER_20080605145222.jpg

FROSTY PINTS!

We welcome you to join in on the premiere event here at Gunslingers entitled Frosty Pints!

Crack open your favorite brew, stop by the GS Chats and connect with fellow members for some drunken gaming fun. Going strong since 2008, Frosty Pints is a particularly great time for new members to meet other Gunslingers and to swap game contacts.

Frosty Pints takes place on Friday and Saturday evenings, which actually means all day Friday and Saturday due to having members from time zones across the globe. (Quite the bender, huh!?) The busiest times tend to be from 3:00pm PST and on.

Gunslingers - The number one clan for parent, adult, and mature, casual gamers!
http://www.gunslingergaming.com

McMurphy
  • McMurphy

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 06:56 PM

I am sure that, as you scan for the taglines "mature," "parent", and "adult" you see several clans pop up. All of us claiming to be an excellent home for you, a person who wants to game exclusively with an older crowd. But, what does that mean? I am sure a few of you reading this have checked out a mature proclaiming group and found it, instead, plagued with an adolescent approach to structure, a pension for drama, and a proportion of under age members.

The Gunslingers clan is different.

When we say we are a group for the mature, casual gamer, we mean it. All you need to do is to take any given snapshot of our community. Take today, for example. Our group is celebrating ten member birthdays on December 6th, 2013. Do you know what is the average age of those members? It isn't 18, that is for sure. Rather, the average age of the Gunslinger members celebrating birthdays today is 37.

So, if you are looking for a clan that truly caters to an older crowd that likes to kick its feet up after work and enjoy some rounds of games (and, perhaps, drinks) with gamers their own age, you are invited to join the Gunslingers!

The Grand Theft Auto V Clan for Adults.
The Grand Theft Auto V Clan for Parents.
The Grand Theft Auto V Clan for Older Gamers.

Gunslingers - For those of us who were born in an analog world.
Gunslinger Gaming

McMurphy
  • McMurphy

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:26 AM

The time to say "good riddance" to another week of  deadlines and hovering bosses by celebrating the arrival of the weekend of playing games with friends. I am, of course, speaking of the Gunslingers Frosty Pints!  You are welcome to join in on the fun! Stop by our group's homebase and check us out. If you like what you see, sign up! It is as simple as that! Why should anyone be telling you that it needs to be more complicated than that?

In other news, we have debuted our Gunslinger Gazette, the weekly newsletter that summarize fun clan and member updates for that week. It is a great way to keep abreast with everything that is happening on our own Western frontier and enjoy other bits of information like member interviews, podcasts, and articles. We kicked off the premiere edition last Sunday, and you can read it for yourself at the following link:
http://gunslingergam...ordpress/?p=584

The Grand Theft Auto V Clan for Mature, Casual Gamers.

Gunslingers - Blazing Trails for Older Gamers Since 2007.

Tomkatnyc
  • Tomkatnyc

Gunslinger

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:01 PM

I just started playing with the Slingers a few days ago and I am having a blast! The Slinger forum is informative and easy to use and playing GTAO with crew is the way to go. Come tear up Los Santos with us. :)

soggyinvert
  • soggyinvert

Playa

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:54 AM Edited by soggyinvert, 22 December 2013 - 08:55 AM.

Are there many racers in this crew? I would like to propose some friendly/competitive racing between Apex Stalkers and Gunslingers.

• Js3venX likes this

McMurphy
  • McMurphy

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:50 AM

xmas_banner-300x73.jpg

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, Gunslingers!

If you are fellow older gamer who just MAY have gotten a particular game (wink) under a holiday tree this week, you are invited to join the Gunslingers. We know exactly what is like to wish to keep one's gaming experience mature and with folks who share the same sort of family along with work obligations. We (our overall clan) are entering the New Year with nearly 8,000 members just like you, so why not get the most out of your gaming experience?

Gunslingers ~ The clan of gamers who have watched "It's a Wonderful Life" far too many times.

Js3venX
  • Js3venX

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:43 PM

Are there many racers in this crew? I would like to propose some friendly/competitive racing between Apex Stalkers and Gunslingers.

The crew participates in almost every game mode. If you would like to issue a challenge to the gunslingers on xbox live hit me up gt is Js3venX. The social club crew is gunslinger gaming.

If you're on psn I know the guys there are always up for a challenge too. Their social club name is gsgaming.

Also feel free to brows our forum at www.gunslingergaming.com you will find gamer tags of everyone that plays each specific game.
  • soggyinvert likes this

soggyinvert
  • soggyinvert

Playa

• Members

Posted 28 December 2013 - 04:11 AM Edited by soggyinvert, 28 December 2013 - 04:11 AM.

Thanks for such an informative reply :)

Well I'm ps, we do have a an xbox division too, it's mostly at about 20 - 30 members atm but growing. Our ps side is quite large though and we'll be sure to check out the forum you mentioned.

I'll pass along your GT to our xbox division leader, with the hopes of setting up some events there. If you don't mind of course :)

McMurphy
  • McMurphy

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:56 PM

vote.jpg

Another New Year celebration has passed, and that means that it is time for the 2013 edition of the Gunslinger Games Awards!

Every year since 2009, we collectively cast our votes for our favorite games released during the 2013 calendar year and publish the results in the Gunslinger Gazette. To find your voting booth link, merely sign into your GS Forum account and view the Index page:
http://www.gunslinge...phpbb/index.php

You will see this link near the top of the forums (just under the Chat Preview):
vote.png

Click the link next to it, and CAST YOUR VOTES:D

We are going Blackjack this time around with twenty-one voting categories, which are all optional. We all have until the end of January 2014 to participate. If you are curious which games won in previous years, here are the direct links to each set of results:

2012 Results
2011 Results
2010 Results
2009 Results

Gunslingers.

McMurphy
  • McMurphy

• Members

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:36 AM

Kicking it old school.

Isn't there a certain ring to it? To me, there is a lot going on in that short phrase. It seems to suggest good times. Getting together with friends. Laughing until your (beer) gut hurts. Hanging out with an older crowd with some history and sly looks. Being laid back. Being casual. Being friendly. Feeling like you can be yourself. Feeling like everyone is on your side.

They might as well be saying, "Kicking it Gunslingers."

Gunslingers is the most active clan out there just for us older, casual gamers. Leave your kill/death ratio comparisons at the door. Delete those lengthy clan applications. Let's just have some damn fun. It is gaming, right? Well, come join us in-game!

Gunslingers - Blazing Trails for Parent and Hard Working Adult Gamers  Since 2007.

DisposableUnit
  • DisposableUnit

Alcoholic brain surgeon

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:01 AM

I'm having a blast running with the Gunslinger crew. If you're a gamer like myself, an old fart, and just want to run around with casual gamers who don't take things too seriously doing missions, races, free roaming or just whatever; then this is the crew for you :)

vegito2010
  • vegito2010

Zombiedave

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:12 AM

I got my request in, hopefully I can join you guys soon and add to your already awsome reputation :D

McMurphy
  • McMurphy

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 06:20 PM

Fellow Gunslingers!

The clan exclusively for us older folks has ramped up our commitment to getting adults, parents, and mature, casual gamers a network of players outside of the typical tirade of squeakers, group obligations, and competitive drama. Let's just have fun!

That is why we have added special "Friends" usergroups to the GunslingerGaming Forums. Simply add yourself to the niche usergroups that best suits you, and you will receive notifications every ten days of all the newest folks who have added themselves to our dynamic Master Lists. This is another step we are taking to promote game contact exchanging between veteran and greenhorn GS members alike!

If you are looking for a gaming experience where hierarchy takes a back seat while good times rides shotgun (perhaps I need to rethink that metaphor....), join the Gunslingers! We are old school.

How old school?

Put it this way, this is our idea of spawn camping:
ekisaitobike11.gif

The Grand Theft Auto V Gunslingers.
PS3 | Xbox360

McMurphy
  • McMurphy

• Members

Posted 30 January 2014 - 07:11 PM

Gunslingers Newsletter, Week of Jan. 30th, 2014

It has been awhile since we have shared a newsletter-style update in this recruiting thread. Let's change that! This installment will focus on highlights ripped directly from our Gunslinger Gazette, the blog where we publish community-minded updates and spotlights just for our fellow Gunslinger members.

Member Spotlight - Recently, we have sat down and taken the time to learn more about our long time GS friend, VykkDraygo. He originally was active in the clan way back 2008/2009, but has returned in full force by the end of 2013. Find out what he has been up to in the meantime, his Superbowl predictions, and his thoughts on how the Gunslingers have grown in the last few years!

The Gunslingers Group is Over 8,000 Members Strong; Friend Usergroups to the Rescue! - We are starting off 2014 with over 8,000 fellow older gamers as Gunslinger members, and we show no sign of slowing down! As awesome as that collective feat is, we aren't about the numbers. We are about getting mature, casual gamers the gaming experience they so desire. That is why the Gunslingers are increasing our efforts to get new members in-game with the rest of the clan. Thus, the Gunslingers Friend Usergroups are born! Now, any member who adds themselves to an usergroup that best reflects their category of gaming wants, will be sent notifications every ten days outlining all the newest members who have added themselves to Master Lists that are of those categories. When we say, 'More the merrier!," we meant it.

Gunslinger Games Awards Poll Close Soon; Game of the Year Category Added! - Existing and potential Gunslinger members alike, you only have one more day to cast your votes in twenty-one different Gunslinger Games Awards polls. It is an annual tradition at GS for members to come together and vote on their favorite games. Based on the votes already coming in these categories, a "Game of the Year" poll has been added. Be heard before it is too late! An article style awards show will be published in the Gunslinger Gazette in February.

Gunslingers Voice Chat Server - In case you missed it, Gunslingers has a registered Ventrilo voice chat server for any of our members who find other options, such as Skype, too resource heavy while gaming.

New Podcast Episode Published! - The Gunslinger Gaming Podcast returns with another episode last week. This episode, the ninth such episode, features Filoofo, Dunkaroo, Freddy, Tick, and McMurphy. We discuss the Best Sellers of 2013 among other recent gaming news. The podcast is available as a local download, on iTunes, and via Podomatic. You can even subscribe to our own custom made RSS feed just for the podcast!

B-B-Bulletholes! - Every year that a Gunslinger is a member of the clan, they are given a bullet hole attached to the GunslingerGaming Forum account. As part of the celebration for the most active members receiving such an anniversary marker, we give them a very public shout-out on a monthly basis in the Gunslinger Gazette!

Thank you for taking the time to read this edition of the Gunslingers Newsletter. These are only examples of the vast amount of activity taking place within the Gunslingers clan, and you are invited to join in on the fun. If you are parent and/or adult gamer looking for a group that focuses on keeping one's gaming experience fun, casual, and always within your own time restraints, you will find no clan more dedicated to that goal than the Gunslingers.

Gunslingers - Blazing Trails for Parent and Hard Working Adult Gamers Since 2007.
Gunslinger Gaming

Nyraider77
  • Nyraider77

Peon

• Members

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:40 PM

I've been a member of GS since the release of GTAV. Don't know why I never posted on here before. But just had to say the crew is as advertised. It has been a great experience meeting and playing with all the guys and gals in the crew. We take advantage of all the game had to offer and I'm glad I stumbled upon this huge group of great peeps. Join up we always looking to add cool folks

McMurphy
  • McMurphy

• Members

Posted 10 February 2014 - 06:09 PM Edited by McMurphy, 10 February 2014 - 06:10 PM.

As previously mentioned, the Gunslingers clan got together and, throughout the entire month of January, cast our collective votes on what were our favorite gaming experiences in 2013. This is the fifth year for this tradition, and everyone is welcome to read the official results!

A sincere congratulations must be given for the following awards won that are most relevant to this recruiting thread:

2013 Game of the Year: Grand Theft Auto V

Favorite GS Clan Front of 2013: Grand Theft Auto V

You can view the results of all twenty-two voting categories in the Gunslinger Gazette article: Gunslinger Gaming » Gunslinger Gazette ~ Issue #6 ~ 2013 GS Games Awards Results

If you are an older gamer that likes to keep your gaming experiences fun, uncomplicated, and more of a social fare rather that a competitive one, join the Gunslingers!

The GTAV Gunslingers - Blazing Trails for Parent and Hard Working Adult Gamers.
Gunslinger Gaming

FearedAssassinn
  • FearedAssassinn

FearedAssassinn

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 February 2014 - 07:28 PM

hello, I'm 23 I work 4 on 4 off 2 days 2 night and have a little girl to look after an I'm active about 2 to 4 times a week depends on what days my shift pattern lands on i hate going on GTA 5 or any other game that's an 18+ and ending up with a bunch of squeeky kids that are just to young to play them sort of games.

is there a ranking system ?

I'm all about the ranking systems as I was in the British army and like to get rewards for my efforts and I am also a very loyal type of person. I don't want to join a clan or a crew and just ending up sitting in the same place if you know what I mean.

I hate it when people have to cheat its a big no no from me cons, scams, glitches and just cheating all round I hate it. I wont ever cheat in offline made not my thing so moderators I hope you don't have any.

I'm a Xbox 360 player just looking for a good game no messing (cheating ect) so how do I join?

McMurphy
  • McMurphy

• Members

Posted 24 February 2014 - 06:02 AM

Nightassassin, thank you for your interest! To answer your questions, we do not partake in  a ranking system tied into membership performance since we valuate the success of our Clubs by its ability to offer a fun, social experience for mature gamers. In regards to your question about forms of cheating, we completely agree with your distaste for it, and it is something not allowed in our clan. To join, simply register in our clan's forums and add yourself to our GTA V Master List (read: our roster). That's it! I hope that helps!

--------------------------------------------------

The 2014 Winter Olympics are over. I don't know about the rest of you, but I was glued to the television (or internet feeds) during the entire event. Just like living it up in game, the Gunslingers forums and chats were full of GS members from Finland, Australia, Norway, Denmark, United States, Canada, Scotland, England, and several other regions of the globe discussing the Olympics. Amazingly enough, it done with good cheer, mutual respect, and laughter.

Case in point: During the hours of a particular Frosty Pints (i.e.: the community-wide celebration of the weekend with drinks and online matches), GS*Sosyc posted the following animated image in the forums:

wdlXVGH.gif

And that is what a gaming clan should be about. Good times. Leave the competitive drama and stat boosting for the other groups. Rather, it is about having fun on your own terms and on your own schedule. It is about laughing. It is about comradery between friends, new and old, regardless of what nation you hail from.

You are invited to join the Gunslingers.

Gunslingers - Blazing Trails for Parent and Hard Working Adult Gamers Since 2007.
Gunslinger Gaming

Js3venX
  • Js3venX

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 February 2014 - 06:54 AM

Hey everyone thought this thread could use a bump.

Come join the best adult gaming crew in gta we have crews for both xbox and ps3. Because of the new crew limit of 1000 we now have plenty of room for new gamers. My crew friends list contains everyone from college students in their early 20s to parents and young married couples in their 30s even people in their 40s and 50s! We all get together have a few beers and laughs and play some gta. Come see what we're all about visit www.gunslingergaming.com.

McMurphy
  • McMurphy

• Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:20 AM

Time flies when you are having fun.

We have all heard that old saying, right? Sometimes, the truth hits home in unexpected ways. I have known some of the Gunslingers and have had enduring friendships with them for years. I have known them as they graduated college. When they tied the knot with their significant others. When they have had to put down the controller a bit more as new fathers. It is incredible to think how fast time can fly and how many great memories can be had when in a good, solid gaming group.

Clans get a bad reputation. Sometimes, it is well earned, right? The drama. The competitive angst. The sense that you are valued more for how much you can take orders than your willingness to share in a good laugh during rounds of frosty pints.

The Gunslingers is a clan for mature, casual gamers. We are about knocking a few back while gaming with new and old friends, alike. And you are invited to join in on the good cheer!

Gunslinger Gaming

G Money316777
  • G Money316777

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:39 AM

Time flies when you are having fun.

We have all heard that old saying, right? Sometimes, the truth hits home in unexpected ways. I have known some of the Gunslingers and have had enduring friendships with them for years. I have known them as they graduated college. When they tied the knot with their significant others. When they have had to put down the controller a bit more as new fathers. It is incredible to think how fast time can fly and how many great memories can be had when in a good, solid gaming group.

Clans get a bad reputation. Sometimes, it is well earned, right? The drama. The competitive angst. The sense that you are valued more for how much you can take orders than your willingness to share in a good laugh during rounds of frosty pints.

The Gunslingers is a clan for mature, casual gamers. We are about knocking a few back while gaming with new and old friends, alike. And you are invited to join in on the good cheer!

Gunslinger Gaming

Are you online now?

Fynvarrah
  • Fynvarrah

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:22 AM

I've been running with the Gunslingers in GTAO for a few months now and I have to say it's the best damn time I've ever had playing with a group. I was tired of playing with 9 year olds and googled "adult GTAO crews" this was the top response http://www.gunslingergaming.com/ so I signed up on the master list and was playing with the best crew ever after messaging McMurphy on Rockstar Social Club. Gunslinger's Rock!!!

McMurphy
  • McMurphy

• Members

Posted 13 March 2014 - 07:32 PM

A question that the Gunslingers clan gets occasionally be prospective new members is, "What is the average age of your members?" That is a fair question. For one, many clan fronts claiming to be mature and geared towards the fellow older gamer have sprung up in gaming in recent years. But that can mean anything, can't it?

So, let me share a snapshot of our current birthday celebrations taking place right now. As I type this message on March 13th, 2014, the following GS members are blowing out birthday cake candles today:

JOJO
Crayzee Randall
esalmon
WashedDread
SILVERwolf06
Nine2FiveSwag

Happy birthday to all of you!

The combined average age of these members is 34. 24 was the youngest age, while 44 was the oldest.

If you are a gamer of that demographic, you will find no clan out there more suited to match your gaming wants and for an understanding of your time restraints than the Gunslingers! Share in our cheer!

The Grand Theft Auto V Gunslingers  - The clan for adults old enough to have watched Cheers during its original run.

Xbox360 | PS3

Saturn_Vlll
  • Saturn_Vlll

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:49 AM

I've only been in gunslingers a month or so, I but I must say u guys are great, being a UK guy I thought not lot of you American dudes would wanna play online with a UK guy ( lag etc), how wrong was I!! Past couple of nights have been a riot, thank u so much for making me feel accepted, and I can see no more lonely gta nights for me :-D

McMurphy
  • McMurphy

• Members

Posted 22 March 2014 - 02:23 AM

1004855_674886999219321_1794542116_n.jpg

You turned in your time sheet and snuck out of the office early. That can only mean one thing...

...IT'S THE WEEKEND!!!!

I don't know about the rest of you, but I am sure happy to be able to kick back and relax. With the Gunslingers, it also means something else. FROSTY PINTS!

Crack open your favorite brew, stop by the GS* Chats and connect with fellow members for some drunken gaming fun. Going strong since 2008, Frosty Pints is a particularly great time for new members to meet other Gunslingers and to swap game contacts. Read more information on our weekend tradition here: http://www.gunslinge...rostypints.html

This round of Frosty Pints is a particularly noteworthy one.

First, we are debuting our forum section dedicated to such weekend hi-jinx. This is where members can post Meet & Greet get-togethers and other social ventures to help new and old members party together.

Second, we are poking some good natured fun with long time member and GS* Leader, MikeLaird. GS*Beagles, out of a random whim, opted to change his avatar to a Magnum PI era photo of Tom Selleck. MikeLaird gave him some playful ribbing for it, so, naturally, the whole affair has snowballed into a community-wide effort to swap regular avatars for ridiculous 1980s icons. See for yourself: http://www.gunslinge...p?f=354&t=17889

Leave the Stat calculating to other groups, and come join the clan that just wants to have some fun!

Gunslingers - The clan old enough to remember watching Air Wolf.

McMurphy
  • McMurphy

• Members

Posted 29 March 2014 - 06:01 PM

In case you are wondering how you could possibly know for sure if we are the type of Grand Theft Auto V gamers you would like to plunder with, we have a "highly scientific" method for that. Take a look at the following image:

clantest.jpg

If you know the answer, then you'll fit right in.

Rocktopper
  • Rocktopper

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:27 AM Edited by Rocktopper, 02 April 2014 - 11:29 AM.

This sounds like exactly the clan I've been looking for! Submitting request now...

PSN id: Rocktopper

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users