Photo

Okay a question about suspensions.

12 replies to this topic
Chocolate88
  • Chocolate88

warsaw

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:17 AM

So, I was playing earlier and was trying to lift a jeep type vehicle and the only suspension options are lowering it. I tried this again with a f250 vehicle, now I've seen the lifted ones on the road but I thought his whole time you could do it to any vehicle that fits the category of "off road".
Maybe it's something you can unlock? I tried a garage out in the sticks, too, thinking they would specialize in lift kits. No dice.
Anyone else been hoodwinked by this the whole time? I'm glad there is lifted trucks on the road buttt was kind of hoping I could build my own. By the way, I've only played maximum 2 hours and no story so I'm hoping its something unlocked later on.

Anyone know more than me?

buzbegone
  • buzbegone

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:22 AM

Nope, there's no lift kits. All there is in the way of suspension is what you've already listed above with lowering the car.

Chocolate88
  • Chocolate88

warsaw

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:32 AM Edited by Chocolate88, 18 September 2013 - 12:33 AM.

Yeah, I figured. Pretty lame. So I can put blue tire smoke but I can only put a lowering kit on a 4x4. Rockstar, you fooled me. Sadly this was in my top 5 most wanted features. But yeah I'd rather have retarded looking tire smoke.

rixsta
  • rixsta

16PSI 4X4

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:43 AM

are you kidding me? Then what the hell was that truck in the garage of their trailer?

God damn it. was really hoping for lift kits..

aidanjames1
  • aidanjames1

Reaper Reap

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:47 AM

are you kidding me? Then what the hell was that truck in the garage of their trailer?

You can find that truck driving around.

Azazel
  • Azazel

• None
  • [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Car
    Topic of the Year 2012 "GTA V Vehicle Database"
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:50 AM

You can? I haven't yet, but it's called the Sandking XL. Bought one for Trevor and gave it the works. It's slow, but could probably drive straight over Chilliad. :)

Chocolate88
  • Chocolate88

warsaw

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:10 AM Edited by Chocolate88, 18 September 2013 - 01:13 AM.

You can? I haven't yet, but it's called the Sandking XL. Bought one for Trevor and gave it the works. It's slow, but could probably drive straight over Chilliad. :)
Yessir, I found like 3 at once just north of Los santos heading towards into Blaine county. I'm still excited to get some real money so I can put my own flair on the sanding. It needs a major engine swap. Where's my powerstroke option?? Lol

Edit: also I'm a bit upset I can't add a lift to the jeep rubincons. Pretty sure I saw a lifted one but maybe it just had he mud terrains on it. It was gonna be built the way I want in real life. My dream play vehicle, aswell as the FJ cruiser knockoff.

Chocolate88
  • Chocolate88

warsaw

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:03 AM

Or perhaps there is another version of the jeep rubicon with a lift driving around I haven't seen yet.. Anyone know?

BeerJ
  • BeerJ

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:24 PM

I believe the military has lifted jeeps with big tires. And no, not humvees, jeeps.

jivex5k
  • jivex5k

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:35 PM

I've seen em out in the desert.

That really sucks you can't hook it up.

I wonder if you can get lowriders that bounce in this game...

XiBravo
  • XiBravo

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:31 AM

Bump.
Has anyone done any testing to see if suspensions improve handling more the lower you go?

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:00 AM

Bump.
Has anyone done any testing to see if suspensions improve handling more the lower you go?

I've been thinking a lot about that. It should do, because it does in reality, but there are no stats showing it.. They should have put in handling or something in the car stats I think.. I believe that it does improve the handling, but that just may be in my head though.. 

MootWizard
  • MootWizard

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:15 AM

Bump.

I'm pretty sure lowering is for aesthetic purposes only, but I have noticed in sedans, non sports cars, etc it cuts down on the bodyroll.

At least if it's low it doesn't feel like piloting a boat as much.

• BuyMeTheMoon likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users