Photo

GET GTA V VEHICLE MECHANICS CHANGED BACK TO GTA IV

326 replies to this topic
jagcivtec
  • jagcivtec

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:53 PM

I love how those that are in denial about how horrible the driving is paint us as "entitled crybabies".  We paid money for a product, we didn't beg a god to have mercy on us.  We have every godamn f*cking right to be pissed with a product a company screwed up.  If you want to follow someone blindly, that is your own prerogative, but keep that bullsh*t to yourself., 

Damn straight.  Still, we are not asking for the damn thing to be changed, just give us an option to use mechanics that already exist within the game.  I can tell this by using slidey cars and feeling a HUGE difference.  They just have to make it an option where people that like a challenge can use the mechanics that get rid of all the cheap racing characteristics added.

jagcivtec
  • jagcivtec

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:58 PM

Are you guys kidding me? Do you really think your little petition will show up? Do you realize how much people bought this game? Millions. Aso your petition is pretty much useless. They won't change game mechanics just because a few people don't like the way cars handle compared to the few million who enjoy it.

Saying only a few people don't like and millions do is pretty ignorant.  Search the web and realize the amount of disappointment the new cheap racing mechanics has raised.

jagcivtec
  • jagcivtec

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:15 PM

Stop complaining because Rockstar isn't gonna change sh*t [...]

Says who?
Says me. You really think Rockstar is going to change back the car physics in their newest game to the ones from a five year old game? Yeah, seems like something they would do. Not. And I don't see why everybody loves gta IV's car physics because they are stupid as f*ck, it was seriously painful to drive. I'm not saying GTA Vs are perfect but they are definitely an improvement over GTA IVs.

That's because you have no skill.  And it's not about changing it back, it's about making it optional, it has been the point all along.  And actually, they took steps backward using some pathetic Midnight Club mechanics, when they had achieved in GTA4 what so many have failed at, making driving mechanics that feel authentic and require practice and skill.  GTA5 breaks all immersion, like a cheap racing game.

jagcivtec
  • jagcivtec

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:30 PM

Long time GTA fan here and personally – I prefer GTA IV’s driving over GTA V. The leap from San Andreas to IV was quite drastic; long-time fans were suddenly introduced to levels of complexity more akin to simulators with physics driving even the simplest action; on my end this was more welcome. I love challenge.  SKATE for example, doing the simplest line of tricks provides a high sense of reward – compared to Tony Hawk, where this same line is a few mere button presses, provides neither a sense of accomplishment nor satisfaction. The driving between GTA IV and V I find follows the same principle.

Navigating between oncoming traffic required more control from the player; slight nudges of the analogue stick, managing the gas, brakes and being constantly aware of surrounding changes in the road/surface were vital to performing a simple action. The reward was in the challenge. However it’s clear given the regression that a lot of players hate this level of challenge – The same navigation through oncoming traffic now requires you to hold the accelerator and simply turn left or right without consideration for the stress this’d impact upon the car.

People whom hated GTA IV’s driving clearly don’t want challenge; yet being akin to a system for 5 years where challenge was welcomed and to have it suddenly stripped from us without any middle ground isn’t fair. The targeting system has options, simple for those that don’t want to aim and complex for those that prefer the challenge. The driving does not. The simple system is always going to reign superior in those regards, because you’re letting a program help you do even the simplest tasks - I don’t want that forced upon me. And I know the complexity was forced in GTA4, but Rockstar should have learnt that a lot of people do actually like the driving; generally people that enjoy something are less inclined to complain than those that do not; hence the heavier bias of people hating the driving.

It baffles me to think that whilst the driving has been horrendously cut down the rest of the actual game is more physics driven than ever. Crashing your bike leaves a realistic reaction, belly flopping into water cuts down your health and a small fall can almost kill you if landed badly (prat falls).

Furthermore, those that say the new driving are more precise, it’s not. It’s more twitchy and responsive. Precision suggests that I can turn a corner whilst maintaining the line the road provides; at the moment a hard turn always lends to over steering with a slight nudge of the analogue stick. There is no precision there.

Well said, but these guys won't understand the dynamics that apply, how linear momentum, angular velocity, torque, friction force and angular momentum play a role in car handling, and GTA5 got rid of all of it, leaving us with Mario Kart cheap racing.

TXF
  • TXF

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:40 PM Edited by TXF, 06 October 2013 - 06:45 PM.

I'll agree there should be an OPTION for it. But I don't want to see it actually changed. I like that GTAV is more arcadey. I can drive fine in GTA4, but I don't like how much the car slides. Yeah, it's more realistic in 4, but I don't play the game for realism. I'd rather arcadey, easier to drive cars. And yes, it's because it's easier. While driving is a big part of GTA, I don't play for the driving. I like to just do missions, or wander around killing people and robbing places, looking at the scenery in the case of 5. The most driving I'll enjoy is the occasional race, or police chase. With those two instances, I'd rather easier handling.

Considering there's a cheat you can turn on that makes cars similar to gta4, it can't be that hard to modify the cheat slightly to make it the same as gta4, and add it as an option in the options.

jagcivtec
  • jagcivtec

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:48 PM

Wrong, not exactly a minority, I should say.  Do a search and notice the amount of people who dislike the new arcade driving.  R* will a t least make slidey cars an option, for people who have driving skills.

Sneakerhead.
  • Sneakerhead.

☛✔Goals Achieved: 1/1☚

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:56 PM

The mechanics are great, people complaining just suck ass at driving, I won just about every race I entered online, except for Motorbikes, though are abit hard to handle.

TXF
  • TXF

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:10 PM Edited by TXF, 06 October 2013 - 07:15 PM.

The mechanics are great, people complaining just suck ass at driving, I won just about every race I entered online, except for Motorbikes, though are abit hard to handle.

I think that's people's problems. The handling is TOO good. Not realistic. Some people enjoyed the semi-realistic driving from GTA4, where the car slides around a lot. Now it's closer to III/VC/SA than it is to gta4.

I'll tell you right now why the handling is different. Threads like this. When GTA4 came out, there were tons...TONS.. of complaints about the 'realistic' handling of GTA4, just like there's tons of complains about the new handling. They listened to the complaints, probably fairly early on, and changed the handling in the early stages of the game. 

People thought it was too realistic in 4, so it was changed. Now people don't think it's realistic enough. Most likely, GTA6 will have more realistic handling again. Or some mix of the two. Can't make anyone happy can you?

namor
  • namor

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:48 PM

I truly cannot believe how many morons there are that CAN'T READ!!!! Those of us who consider the driving in V as over-simplified DON'T WANT the driving physics changed and neither do we give a dead rat's arse about those of you who prefer it over that in IV. More power to you, enjoy playing Mario Kart in Las Santos for all we care. What we would like is for an OPTION (do you sub-literate morons understand the word? It means a CHOICE) to switch to GTA IV physics if we want to give us something in the game that will give it longevity. I personally don't like the type of driving physics that a blind man with a sack over his head in a dark cellar would have no problems with.

What I fail to understand is WHY those that like the handling/physics in V wish to spoil the enjoyment of those that prefer the physics in IV by raging against an inclusion of an option.

• gunziness likes this

TXF
  • TXF

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:37 PM

I truly cannot believe how many morons there are that CAN'T READ!!!! Those of us who consider the driving in V as over-simplified DON'T WANT the driving physics changed and neither do we give a dead rat's arse about those of you who prefer it over that in IV. More power to you, enjoy playing Mario Kart in Las Santos for all we care. What we would like is for an OPTION (do you sub-literate morons understand the word? It means a CHOICE) to switch to GTA IV physics if we want to give us something in the game that will give it longevity. I personally don't like the type of driving physics that a blind man with a sack over his head in a dark cellar would have no problems with.

What I fail to understand is WHY those that like the handling/physics in V wish to spoil the enjoyment of those that prefer the physics in IV by raging against an inclusion of an option.

Wow, why all the anger? Just a video game dude. So many people get mad over nothing.

You don't care about people that like it, well they don't care if you don't, simple.

Pepsi-Cola
  • Pepsi-Cola

Pittsburgh,PA

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:50 PM Edited by Pepsi-Cola, 06 October 2013 - 10:51 PM.

I wish the vehicle damage was better. Like you could flatten a vehicle with the bulldozer and when you run it over. Seems like you can't damage the roof.

carsupra
  • carsupra

Photographer

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:00 PM

I don't mind the driving physics in V (Though I prefer IV's over V), but every car is a bit too grippy. Those who have complained about IV's driving mechanics; either weren't that great at driving and kept crashing, or complained how boat like some cars were. If you've driven in real life, or understand basic physics, you'd know there's always body roll in any car unless it was lowered, which lowered the center of gravity reducing body sway. 

If you take a car around a 90 degree corner over anything above 20 MPH, of course it'll induce understeer and massive body roll, which a lot of people complained about. Just have to learn to adapt. 

Like I said, I don't mind the driving mechanics of V, but it could be improved on a bit more than just making every car grip like it's on rails going over 100+ through turns.

DJ_McLovin
  • DJ_McLovin

Twilight is best pony

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:05 PM

I wish the vehicle damage was better. Like you could flatten a vehicle with the bulldozer and when you run it over. Seems like you can't damage the roof.

THIS

I can live with the driving, its the damage that needs to be tweeked.
  • carsupra likes this

TXF
  • TXF

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:07 PM Edited by TXF, 06 October 2013 - 11:08 PM.

I don't mind the driving physics in V (Though I prefer IV's over V), but every car is a bit too grippy. Those who have complained about IV's driving mechanics; either weren't that great at driving and kept crashing, or complained how boat like some cars were. If you've driven in real life, or understand basic physics, you'd know there's always body roll in any car unless it was lowered, which lowered the center of gravity reducing body sway. 

If you take a car around a 90 degree corner over anything above 20 MPH, of course it'll induce understeer and massive body roll, which a lot of people complained about. Just have to learn to adapt. 

Like I said, I don't mind the driving mechanics of V, but it could be improved on a bit more than just making every car grip like it's on rails going over 100+ through turns.

That's the point though. 4 was more realistic. Not everyone likes more realistic. I don't play video games because they simulate real life. If I wanted the most realistic car physics, I'd go drive a car. I can drive fine in 4, but that doesn't make it more fun for me. I'd rather easy steering. I've said it before in..possibly this thread? Driving isn't the main reason I play GTA. It's simply used as a way to get from point A to point B for me. Aside from the occasional Police chase or race. I'd rather it be easier, because I just wanna get where I'm going, and if that means being able to drive a car around a corner at 90mph with no issues, then that's fine with me. lol. In GTA, when I'm not doing missions, I do pretty much everything but driving, unless I'm running people over for my own amusement.

Raspy
  • Raspy

Driver

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:29 PM

I seriously don't get how people says cars doesn't take damage and they're "glued" to the road. Maybe I'm just terrible driver but my cars gets absolutely wrecked all the time. I literally have to change car every 2 minutes because it's undriveable due to a crash which made my car turn like a f*cking wheelbarrow. Also when I was running away from cops with a forklift every time I hit a cop car it got big dents on 'em. Stop saying driving is arcade/arcadish, it's just probably your own stupidity.

Agreed. I have pics of car damage pre-patch and it's identical to post-patch.

GTA IV's physics take more skill. GTAV is for the weak noobs.

Hahaha what a f*cking douche.

V's driving is extremely sh*t. Anyone who who says otherwise is also sh*t and probably a 13 year old kid who just spawned the first few hairs on his top lip. 

V's driving is like playing midnight club, or even worse... Burnout. Driving in IV required skill. How the car accelerated (fast/slow) depended entirely on how you treated R2/RT. You could even change gears quicker by releasing R2 for a split second, drift, and more. V on the other hand is for all those who say IV was sh*t. Those that just hit the trigger and tried to drive round corners at 90mph, and failed. Those who don't know how a car really works. Those whose only experience of a car is sitting in the passenger seat of their mom's Maibatsu mini van on the way to school. 

Clearly R* have gone for the 16 and under category here. It's cool though. You get over it after a bit. The game has a lot to offer in terms of other stuff so it distracts you for a little while. Really though, apart from the midnight club/burnout aspect of the game they did a rather splendid job.

Well done, R*

PS - If you don't like my opinion then it doesn't really matter and your mom probably looks like Big Smoke. Go toss a salad. 

Let me explain why you're wrong:

1. GTA V driving is much better than GTA IV. I'm 22 and I've had facial hair and chest hair since I was 13.

2. My accelerator works exactly like GTA IV's. Maybe you need to get better. Have you even driven a car? I've never seen cars slide around the road like in GTA IV. You clearly have no understanding of downforce, considering F1 cars and touring cars have no trouble cornering at high speeds.

3. The game is rated M, or 17 and up. Clearly it was made for 17 year olds. Use your brain, please.

4. I don't like your opinion because it's wrong, and my mom looks nothing like Big Smoke.

Your entire post is full of fallacies and inaccuracies. 

1. Oh, you're 22. Doesn't say much about you to be honest. 

2. Don't need to get better. It's not difficult. Plus there are no F1 cars in GTA V. So the same rules don't apply I'm afraid. 

3. It says 18 on my copy. 

4. It's an opinion. It can't be wrong. Use your brain, please.

Your entire post is full of fallacies and inaccuracies. You also just sound like a bit of a dick. 

gevebe
  • gevebe

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:07 PM

Does anyone still agree the driving in GTA V Sucks?

Ixnay
  • Ixnay

Fait ce que Voudras

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:38 PM

I think it would be nice to have something in-between. In IX, spinning out was way too easy (but for some reason I think I still liked it better), and in V I agree with those who say it's almost "point and drive" now, especially with Franklin's "special skill." I'm still waiting for some spectacular crash where I go tumbling through the air, and not because I jumped off a mountain either. :-)

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:04 PM

The new vehicle physics are a shame.

Game could have been awesome with all the customizable stuff and the awesome car models in this one. Keeping 4´s physics and having options to lower suspension and some other upgrades like racing brakes would have been epic.

Instead we got a piece of sh*t.

gear999
  • gear999

Big Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:42 PM

IV's supercar handling (Turismo, Comet, Infernus, etc.) was good, the rest (especially SUV's) ALWAYS F**KING ROLL OVER WHEN I TURN IN IV. I just hated that. But I also agree to the fact that GTA 5 driving is arcady when it comes to supercars

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:54 PM

IV's supercar handling (Turismo, Comet, Infernus, etc.) was good, the rest (especially SUV's) ALWAYS F**KING ROLL OVER WHEN I TURN IN IV. I just hated that. But I also agree to the fact that GTA 5 driving is arcady when it comes to supercars

As a SUV driver in real life, I challenge you to go out there in one of these, speed up to just 60 km/h, turn to full lock as fast as possible (that´s what you were doing mashing the stick), climbing over a 10 cm sidewalk with the inside wheels in the process.

You won´t think GTA 4 was over the top anymore in this aspect when you´re hanging on your seatbelt.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:08 PM Edited by theomenofficial, 09 November 2013 - 07:09 PM.

I was used to GTA 4 before but after a LOT of GTA 5 and then going back to GTA 4, GTA 5 is soooooo much better.

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:16 PM

Why always people say "better" when they mean easier or more enjoyable or whatever they are thinking?

I understand and accept that whoever tells me "I have more fun with this one" or "I like this one". But when someone says it´s "better" or "more realistic" that´s just being plain ignorant.

• namor likes this

gear999
  • gear999

Big Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 09 November 2013 - 11:25 PM

"mashing the stick"

*keyboard. I played IV on a (sh*tty) PC. Maybe that's why I couln't turn properly since on PC whenever you press left/right, the steering automatically goes full lock. Gotta get it for console again... 

CrazyRay
  • CrazyRay

8" Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 November 2013 - 11:29 PM

But it is f*cking arcadey...

nope

...you can take a shasrp corner at about 100mph...

nope

...and when you brake you stop almost instantly.

nope

Just because some people can't drive doesn't mean its not arcadey

nope
  • PlanetaryUnfolding likes this

Candy Su3x
  • Candy Su3x

No one Su3x better than me

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:19 AM

Microsoft its gonna have a huge problem when people started to mod the xbox's just for the driving in gta v. Only because "Rockpussystars" can't do a simple update. I hate to pay 60USD for this sh*t! I hope in RDR they dont f*ck up like this GTAV.

PlanetaryUnfolding
  • PlanetaryUnfolding

atlas novus

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:33 AM

^ "rockpussystars"? wow, that was the most creative word arrangement used to insult someone. your so cool.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

/ / / / / AMG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:35 AM

nope

nope

nope

nope

Very insightful post. Perfectly said. :^:

:sarcasm:

Firebirdlmm79
  • Firebirdlmm79

BADMOFO

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:35 AM

People will always find something to complain about no matter what there are probably threads on the GTA 4 section saying the GTA San Andreas driving was better lol  

If you want "realistic driving" get your dumb ass outside and drive a real car,,,,,  Most of you who want the driving to feel real are little kids who dont have to drive their car on a daily basis and dont have jobs.. When I get home i dont want to play real life cause real life sucks compared to GTA and thats the bottom line cause Stone Cold said so bitches...

Rockstar is not going to change anything up for you whiny little whores even if you get a million petitions going... If you dont like it to bad go jump in front of a bus or something....

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:22 PM

People will always find something to complain about no matter what there are probably threads on the GTA 4 section saying the GTA San Andreas driving was better lol  

Yeah there was, I remember.

Difference is this time the complaint actually comes from a feature being sh*t compared to the previous game, and not from people just being ignorant or useless at it.

Rest of your post doesn´t even deserve being quoted. Grow up, get some knowledge, and then come here and try to explain with on-topic reasons how on Earth 5´s driving is any good.

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:23 PM

nope

nope

nope

nope

And that´s the best someone defending GTA 5 driving can do: launching empty statements with no base whatsoever.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users