• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:14 PM

Bump

Vin89
  • Vin89

Peon

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:34 PM

I seriously don't get how people says cars doesn't take damage and they're "glued" to the road. Maybe I'm just terrible driver but my cars gets absolutely wrecked all the time. I literally have to change car every 2 minutes because it's undriveable due to a crash which made my car turn like a f*cking wheelbarrow. Also when I was running away from cops with a forklift every time I hit a cop car it got big dents on 'em. Stop saying driving is arcade/arcadish, it's just probably your own stupidity.

Sorry mate, but you're just a bad driver. Then there IS significant car damage but it won't show too fast.

Plus, cars are not only glued to the road. They are glued to the ground everywhere. You can just drive up Mt Chiliad with pretty much any sportscar. Try that in real life. Try that with an actual all terrain vehicle.

Then try making turns at really high speeds (talking 70 mp/h+) while controlling the car. 

Then tell me again how GTA V driving isn't arcadey. I don't say it's a bad thing. I'm just saying how it is. 

gevebe
  • gevebe

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:36 PM

The petition is approaching 1500 signatures, come on people get signing!

http://chn.ge/19agus0

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:40 PM

Yeah, keep pushing guys. Last patch shows they know they got it wrong, they´re making changes already.  

vivalavendredi
  • vivalavendredi

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:08 PM

We need the best of both f*cking worlds!!

Wherewolf
  • Wherewolf

Fak u

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:12 PM

I seriously don't get how people says cars doesn't take damage and they're "glued" to the road. Maybe I'm just terrible driver but my cars gets absolutely wrecked all the time. I literally have to change car every 2 minutes because it's undriveable due to a crash which made my car turn like a f*cking wheelbarrow. Also when I was running away from cops with a forklift every time I hit a cop car it got big dents on 'em. Stop saying driving is arcade/arcadish, it's just probably your own stupidity.

Agreed. I have pics of car damage pre-patch and it's identical to post-patch.

GTA IV's physics take more skill. GTAV is for the weak noobs.

Hahaha what a f*cking douche.

V's driving is extremely sh*t. Anyone who who says otherwise is also sh*t and probably a 13 year old kid who just spawned the first few hairs on his top lip. 

V's driving is like playing midnight club, or even worse... Burnout. Driving in IV required skill. How the car accelerated (fast/slow) depended entirely on how you treated R2/RT. You could even change gears quicker by releasing R2 for a split second, drift, and more. V on the other hand is for all those who say IV was sh*t. Those that just hit the trigger and tried to drive round corners at 90mph, and failed. Those who don't know how a car really works. Those whose only experience of a car is sitting in the passenger seat of their mom's Maibatsu mini van on the way to school. 

Clearly R* have gone for the 16 and under category here. It's cool though. You get over it after a bit. The game has a lot to offer in terms of other stuff so it distracts you for a little while. Really though, apart from the midnight club/burnout aspect of the game they did a rather splendid job.

Well done, R*

PS - If you don't like my opinion then it doesn't really matter and your mom probably looks like Big Smoke. Go toss a salad. 

Let me explain why you're wrong:

1. GTA V driving is much better than GTA IV. I'm 22 and I've had facial hair and chest hair since I was 13.

2. My accelerator works exactly like GTA IV's. Maybe you need to get better. Have you even driven a car? I've never seen cars slide around the road like in GTA IV. You clearly have no understanding of downforce, considering F1 cars and touring cars have no trouble cornering at high speeds.

3. The game is rated M, or 17 and up. Clearly it was made for 17 year olds. Use your brain, please.

4. I don't like your opinion because it's wrong, and my mom looks nothing like Big Smoke.

Your entire post is full of fallacies and inaccuracies. 

Skrape22
  • Skrape22

Contents Under Pressure

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:23 PM

Ummmm......no

GTA IV was the worst GTA ever made PERIOD.

• MercyfulFate151 likes this

Skrape22
  • Skrape22

Contents Under Pressure

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:25 PM

The petition is approaching 1500 signatures, come on people get signing!

1500 idiots and counting

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:27 PM

HONESTLY, driving in GTA V is NOT as EASY as it is for us. Trust me, loads of people still can't drive for sh*t.

xX-EmptyClip-Xx
  • xX-EmptyClip-Xx

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:28 PM

hell noooooo driving is perfectly fine.

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:29 PM

We need the best of both f*cking worlds!!

Wouldn´t be a bad idea.

From GTA 5:

- Vehicles not getting speed boosts from small contact with walls.

- Motorbikes getting speed boosts by leaning forward, NOT by constant weight shifts.

- Traction physics in starts from a standstill.

- Visual damage.

From GTA 4:

- Suspension physics.

- Braking.

- Steering.

- Car reactions to different surfaces.

- Overall grip levels for each car.

- No air control in small jumps.

- Weight shifting when cars change direction and momentum.

- Damage sensitivity.

Ermac.
  • Ermac.

watermelon sarcasm

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:31 PM

As much as I would like to have IV's driving physics (or something similar) in V, this petition isn't going to do anything. We're just going to have to wait until the PC version.

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:37 PM

You clearly have no understanding of downforce, considering F1 cars and touring cars have no trouble cornering at high speeds.

You have to love it when idiots try to get technical.

Slave Boy
  • Slave Boy

Enslaved

• The Connection
  • Finland
  • Most Talented GFX Artist 2013

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:39 PM

Have You people though about what would happen if they changed the handling to IV style?

It would be impossible to access some of the hills/mountains area with those loose and slow cars.

The cars in IV are much slower, it could be too much for people driving long distances using half slower cars in a lot bigger map.

IV´s handling suited well in concrete jungle, I believe they changed it for good reason. Not because some kids who did not master it moaned.

TrevorPhilipsInc
  • TrevorPhilipsInc

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:48 PM

Have You people though about what would happen if they changed the handling to IV style?

It would be impossible to access some of the hills/mountains area with those loose and slow cars.

The cars in IV are much slower, it could be too much for people driving long distances using half slower cars in a lot bigger map.

IV´s handling suited well in concrete jungle, I believe they changed it for good reason. Not because some kids who did not master it moaned.

Sounds a lot like whats going on here...bunch of kids that havent mastered V driving.

The only complaint I have with the handling is the braking...its sluggish and rolls to a stop even when youre smashing on the handbrake.

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:07 PM

Actually it would be awesome because you´d have to grab a car suiatable for that environment, with tyres suitable to that environment, and use all your skill to get up and down there safely.

Instead of going up there with whatever you´re riding, and get down by throwing yourself down a hill and then continue with that car without more than some scratchs.

THAT is stupid.

• Boxman108, jagcivtec and GapingAngus like this

CarlitoDorito
  • CarlitoDorito

R* Defender

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:49 PM

Or.. Accept that not all games can be the same and get over it.

dodeca
  • dodeca

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:56 PM Edited by dodeca, 02 October 2013 - 07:04 PM.

Duck yeah! If we got an evolution of gta4's physics, sports cars and most road cars would be hard to drive in the dirt and the sandy areas, youd have to drive those low slung sports cars very slow or bust a bumper or break the suspension against a rock or spin out from too much power and not enough traction with road tyres. It'd be even uglier in the rain where tyres would spin in the same place and get buried in slush. Then youd be forced to abandon the lambo for that tractor or dirt bike in the distance, then learn yor lesson to respect your sports cars and treat them to nothing less than clean asphalt because it took effort to steal them, and also look upon mount chiliad with the reverence it deserves.

You can mod a rebel 4x4 dakar style now. It would be something else to actually race them meaningfully across the map from coast to coast. And the sandking, with proper suspension action, would be so much fun in the city....driving on cars like a monster truck, flipping the traffic all the time.....

If you still felt the urge to tear it up offroad with sports cars, how cool would it be if LS customs would stock raised suspension kits, dirt tyres, bulbars, and airbox snorkels with which you could mod comets and blistas into rally spec porsches and ford focuses (anyone love the safari rally 911s?)? Modding sports cars for rally racing from the asphalt twisties of vinewood hils, fording the zancudo, then through the farmlands of LS county, and into LS river canals.....all that sh*t would add so much depth and meaning to the diverse map and vehicles.

Not into rally? How about initial D style races in the vinewood hills twisties? The sense of speed is so much better with the slidey cars cheat. If only we could have proper physics full time.

Then the motorcycling.....sanzhez would be so much fun again to do real dirt bike stuff like log hopping, wheelie riding across undulations, powersliding across the dirt, riding berms....theres even something like an MX track close to sandy shores. Think of all the possibilities for freestyle riding across the map. Then imagine the rally cars vs buggies and 4x4s vs dirt bikes and quads races across the countryside!!

Dirt bikes not your thing? How cool would it be to ride the nemesis supermoto style across LS? No? How effin awesome would it be to go on a road trip with your biker group online on cruiser and chopper bikes that werent twichy as sh!t?

And....and...and so much more1!!!!1111!!!! Im fappin to this man! Help make it real!

• FasterThanYou and GapingAngus like this

igamedude
  • igamedude

World's Worst Gamer

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:09 PM

Lol this would never happen. The car mechanics are so much better in GTA V anyways. I'll admit at first it was hard but after getting used to it, many cars now feel "real".

TrevorPhilipsInc
  • TrevorPhilipsInc

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:59 PM Edited by TrevorPhilipsInc, 02 October 2013 - 08:05 PM.

Im glad they made a change from IV to V.

No longer does your car 'bounce' off of its wheels when making fast turns...Which is pretty nice since I prefer my cars to actually behave as if they weigh a few tons.

The damage is still there..Not sure how people find fault with this...things still dents, caves in and even sections of SUVs get sheered off or cut in two. Wheels will lock up under the fender if you hit it the right way, wheels will blow if you drive them like that, wheels are able to be seperated from the car upon collision. Headlights are blown out and yes they eventually blow up..Not instantly like some claim. Paint scratches off as well.

People want 'realistic' damage. But with realistic damage your characters would never walk away from 3/4ths of the accidents theyre involved in..30 miles an hour is more then enough to kill an occupant of a car..Especially one not wearing a seat belt and since your characters fly out of the windows during high speed collisions its quite obvious they dont wear seatbelts. 50 miles an hour collisions would see entire sections of the car condensed and 100+ miles an hour would litterally shorten the cars length by half of its original length. So careful what you wish for.

Cars dont 'take off' as some are complaining about. Depending on what car you get into it can take a good bit of time to get the car up to its top speed and the longer it takes the lower the top speed.

As long as their is a path or an accommodating slope I see no reason why a car shouldnt be able to go up hill. Ive come across plenty of slopes where even the offroad trucks cant get up...And in the case of sports cars. They behave the same way. Dirt roads dont instantly mean a off road car is required. Only that the wheels will take to the dirt better.

The only complaint that can be made is that braking seems to be weird. You roll to a stop unless you slide into a stop. And getting into and out of a car is very slow. Running from the cops youd expect your characters to be in more of a hurry to enter or exit a car but they casually get in or out regardless of the circumstances.

Beyond that.

Seanftd
  • Seanftd

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:07 PM

Driving is fine. Peeps moaning are just sh*t at it. FACT.

Wrong it's personal preference so not fact,
I so hate when people add fact to the end of something said there view is the only thing that should be considered, like they have proof of weather the driving I'd better or not.

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:11 PM Edited by FasterThanYou, 02 October 2013 - 10:11 PM.

Duck yeah! If we got an evolution of gta4's physics, sports cars and most road cars would be hard to drive in the dirt and the sandy areas, youd have to drive those low slung sports cars very slow or bust a bumper or break the suspension against a rock or spin out from too much power and not enough traction with road tyres. It'd be even uglier in the rain where tyres would spin in the same place and get buried in slush. Then youd be forced to abandon the lambo for that tractor or dirt bike in the distance, then learn yor lesson to respect your sports cars and treat them to nothing less than clean asphalt because it took effort to steal them, and also look upon mount chiliad with the reverence it deserves.

You can mod a rebel 4x4 dakar style now. It would be something else to actually race them meaningfully across the map from coast to coast. And the sandking, with proper suspension action, would be so much fun in the city....driving on cars like a monster truck, flipping the traffic all the time.....

If you still felt the urge to tear it up offroad with sports cars, how cool would it be if LS customs would stock raised suspension kits, dirt tyres, bulbars, and airbox snorkels with which you could mod comets and blistas into rally spec porsches and ford focuses (anyone love the safari rally 911s?)? Modding sports cars for rally racing from the asphalt twisties of vinewood hils, fording the zancudo, then through the farmlands of LS county, and into LS river canals.....all that sh*t would add so much depth and meaning to the diverse map and vehicles.

Not into rally? How about initial D style races in the vinewood hills twisties? The sense of speed is so much better with the slidey cars cheat. If only we could have proper physics full time.

Then the motorcycling.....sanzhez would be so much fun again to do real dirt bike stuff like log hopping, wheelie riding across undulations, powersliding across the dirt, riding berms....theres even something like an MX track close to sandy shores. Think of all the possibilities for freestyle riding across the map. Then imagine the rally cars vs buggies and 4x4s vs dirt bikes and quads races across the countryside!!

Dirt bikes not your thing? How cool would it be to ride the nemesis supermoto style across LS? No? How effin awesome would it be to go on a road trip with your biker group online on cruiser and chopper bikes that werent twichy as sh!t?

And....and...and so much more1!!!!1111!!!! Im fappin to this man! Help make it real!

You see guys? This man knows what he´s talking about.

• jagcivtec likes this

BumpyJohnson
  • BumpyJohnson

Original Gangsta

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:50 PM

I'm all for this.  The driving is pretty lame now.  I was damn good in IV and it was rewarding to go online and win races.  Now its lame.  Being able to do 90 degree turns and complete stops at high speeds is rediculous.  I do not like this new arcady feel. 

Also,  the cars no longer rock on the suspensions like in real life.  I thought they did this good in IV.  In V all the cars are stiff.  Even the big luxury cars.  I think they should change it back and thru customization allow ppl to gain similar driving to V.  When I say similar I mean a medium between IV and V.  The current driving needs to go tho.

• jagcivtec likes this

jagcivtec
  • jagcivtec

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:13 PM

Agree, the driving really feels like a cheap racing game now.  R* morons, add slidey cars as an option already so the skilled can get some rewarding and satisfying driving, and the unskilled kids can still play using their default aecade driving.  Just do it.

Kevstyle
  • Kevstyle

True City Killers Crew Leader

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:20 PM Edited by Kevstyle, 06 October 2013 - 05:22 PM.

No need. Rockstar made "Slidey Cars" for you guys... Also if you learn the mechanics. (I know a lot similar physics/mechanics in games and most of the time I win races, and the system isn't bad just because you lost a race...)

jagcivtec
  • jagcivtec

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:26 PM

I don't know if the petition will get anything done, but trust me, the internet is flooded with people complaining about how cheap the new mechanics feel, and just like we know it R* knows it, so I think the least they will do is please the long GTA4 fans and others who totally hate the new cheap racing game mechanics by adding the slidey cars cheat as an option.  It would pretty much make driving feel better, enabling drifting, wheel spin, sliding, etc.  and get rid of the pathetic Midnight Club racing feeling.

jagcivtec
  • jagcivtec

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:28 PM

No need. Rockstar made "Slidey Cars" for you guys... Also if you learn the mechanics. (I know a lot similar physics/mechanics in games and most of the time I win races, and the system isn't bad just because you lost a race...)

Man. is not we are loosing races!  we are actually winning without any challenge because the mechanics make driving very easy and cheap, takes no skill at all.

jagcivtec
  • jagcivtec

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:39 PM

Complainers... Just go play gtaiv, damn pikers are afraid of change I tell you.

This is GTA so it should feel like GTA, not like Midnight Club,  you should go play a cheap racing game if that's what you like, and let people complaint about something that is very legit, racing mechanics feel really cheap.

jagcivtec
  • jagcivtec

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:42 PM

i love gta 5 driving. gta 4 was way too clunky. you had to slow down to a minimum speed just to do a damn turn. gta 5 may be a little less realistic, but it's now more like racing games with it's style, which makes for much more interesting races that are going to be fun and challenging. in gta 4, races would almost always end with people raging because you'd make a bad turn and spin out, and by the time you got back into gear you were miles behind. there would always be one clear winner, with the rest falling way behind. too unpredictable.

GTA4 driving required skill and mastering of the physics, if mastered it you would have non of the problems you describe.  Now we get cheap racing mechanics because of unskilled drivers, pathetic.

jagcivtec
  • jagcivtec

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:45 PM

1100 Signatures and rising!

LMAO

1100 compared to the 2.25 million sold in the UK, let alone the rest of the world.

Good luck :lol:

The number is just representative of the fact that it is a real issue they should attend to, it doesn't mean only that amount of people feel that way.  Search for this subject and you'll see that the web is flooded with this exact complaint.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users