GET GTA V VEHICLE MECHANICS CHANGED BACK TO GTA IV

326 replies to this topic
cjspeed
  • cjspeed

Dead and Divine

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:14 PM

Jesus Christ.
Everyone is talking like their OPINION is correct while all others are wrong.
These are each SUBJECTIVE OPINIONS. If you don't like driving in GTA V, that's your opinion. If you like it, that's also your opinion.
For f*cks sake, learn to appreciate the game or stop playing since you clearly don't enjoy it.
Complaining in here just makes you look like a self entitled child.
I've read one or two well structured debates. 98% of the rest are name calling and general hate because "hurr durr, he doesn't agree with me". Grow up, both sides.

This.

Driving's fine. Get used to it and get over it.

gevebe
  • gevebe

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:26 AM

Bump

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Web Development/Programming] 2013
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2011
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:31 AM

Stop saying driving is arcade/arcadish, it's just probably your own stupidity.

People not crashing all the time is due to their own stupidity? I'll have to meditate on this one.

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:35 AM

I loved the gta IV driving, but I have to say as someone who always drives in first person the gta V driving is FAR superior, and a hell of alot more enjoyable.

Every car in gta IV handled like the general lee (which is fun, but lets not pretend its realistic).

That said, It might look arcadey in third person view, but why the f*ck would you whine about realism when you are driving in third person view?

diablo333911
  • diablo333911

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:36 AM

Gross. Cars handled like sh*t in GTA 4. It was awful.

MrPeteyMax
  • MrPeteyMax

DON'T TOUCH ME YOU FILTHY CASUAL

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:39 AM

Everyone please! We already have a thread pinned about this exact thing! Can't we keep it there without starting a flame war?

gevebe
  • gevebe

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:09 PM

1100 Signatures and rising!

http://chn.ge/19agus0

ryan6265123
  • ryan6265123

Peon

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:10 PM

OR we could just get the VEHICLE DAMAGE back and be done with it. THEY DON'T NEED TO CHANGE THE WHOLE OF THE DRIVING SYSTEM. God. Rockstar gives us something great and people just want more.

scipio1st
  • scipio1st

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:15 PM

If they did change it back it should be as an optional DLC and for single player only. I LOVE THE NEW SYSTEM. So much more fun! Who gives a crap about GTA 4 driving. I HATED it!

Royal55
  • Royal55

Caveman.

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:16 PM

I personally am right in the middle about this issue. I thought that IV's handling had it's ups and downs, V's does as well. They're both equally fun and playable mechanics, in their own ways.

Fix the damage though, my only rant. Tweak it slightly and it'll be fine!

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

We need to keep you safe Clementine...

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:42 PM

People are such idiots now and days (no offense). Looking towards the future, while not "realistic" the car handling is a GOOD thing by Rockstar. Remember GTA IV? And how you can't even freaking race online, because it doesn't require skills just a lot of luck. GTA IV online races at the start of the race, bunch of idiots all crashing each other and because of their stupidity and aggressiveness, you end up in 9th place.

I for def don't want to go back to that bullsh*t.

lol wow you sound butthurt about having never learned how to drive in IV.

"Lol wow", congrats on being added on the stupidity list, my point was just proven. I've beaten IV 100%, with plenty of in-game hours, and I've won races in fact only missing 3 achievements. Just because i think Rockstar made a change for the BEST to make online races more fun, doesn't mean i'm "butthurt" as IV was, and still is one of my favorite games.

Don't create theories without knowing the facts. Because then you are assuming, and in this world, that gets you nowhere.

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:42 PM

Just because i think Rockstar made a change for the BEST to make online races more fun, doesn't mean i'm "butthurt" as IV was, and still is one of my favorite games.

Funny because while I think the change doesn´t spoil too much the regular game, it will absolutely destroy any chance of half decent races online.

I don´t care THAT much how it feels going from home to a mission, but when I race/escape the cops I want decent handling.

gevebe
  • gevebe

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:51 PM

Bump

Harwood-Butcher
  • Harwood-Butcher

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:59 PM

One thing alone makes me love GTA5's handling and damage and thats taking a car like a police cruiser offroading at high speed.

Try that with GTA4's handling and damage and it would suck, the car wouldn't last 5 minutes.

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

I play both sides of the fence

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:08 PM

The driving is excellent in GTAV. There is nothing wrong with it. GTAIV's driving was horrible but I eventually got good at it. Keep signing your petitions to change it but it will never happen. Too many people including myself love it. Complain about something real, like I have an older Xbox 360 and my game keeps crashing. Now thats a real problem. LOL

Harwood-Butcher
  • Harwood-Butcher

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:13 PM

1100 Signatures and rising!

http://chn.ge/19agus0

LMAO

1100 compared to the 2.25 million sold in the UK, let alone the rest of the world.

Good luck :lol:

LrdMASTRk
  • LrdMASTRk

Can't Wait!

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:54 PM

I like the driving, it's not as smooth as you people are saying it is, and I've spun out many times, flipped my car taking the mountain turns to fast; so guess what I want you whiners to do: STFU!  Its a game get over it, play it or don't play it.  But please stop complaining. 

Forzum
  • Forzum

Fossy

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:29 PM Edited by Forzum, 23 September 2013 - 07:33 PM.

V's driving physics makes the game so much more fun and it feels more "racing" like than IV. I don't think IV's driving is bad but it's boring compered to V. When it comes to damage, it is still there in V just harder to reach the huge level we did in IV so easily, but it's still there, go under a flight's wheel and you'll se, it really gives a mark, a huge one.

However the bikes handling in V is a bit of a dissapointment.

IV= more realistic but more boring
V= Arcady but a lot more fun

Rockstar will never change the physics/mechanics, a lot of work and would make the majority of the people who play V pissed so signing the petition is just a waste if time.
  • MercyfulFate151 likes this

SamuelBenjamin
  • SamuelBenjamin

Film & Photography Cinematography & VFX LA

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:39 PM

This game would not work as well with GTA IV car physics is really just wouldn't

SamuelBenjamin
  • SamuelBenjamin

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:40 PM

Wait adding an option would be so cool, just not a permanant option

GTAVTheHeat
  • GTAVTheHeat

I can't picture life without a point of view..

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:45 PM

Complainers... Just go play gtaiv, damn pikers are afraid of change I tell you.

SprayNpray
  • SprayNpray

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:51 PM

i love gta 5 driving. gta 4 was way too clunky. you had to slow down to a minimum speed just to do a damn turn. gta 5 may be a little less realistic, but it's now more like racing games with it's style, which makes for much more interesting races that are going to be fun and challenging. in gta 4, races would almost always end with people raging because you'd make a bad turn and spin out, and by the time you got back into gear you were miles behind. there would always be one clear winner, with the rest falling way behind. too unpredictable.

Virazol
  • Virazol

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:58 PM

IMO everything about cars and driving in this game is great, my favorite by far.  I don't see why people would want it to go back to how it was in IV, the driving in IV IMO was garbage.. The damage was nice though, but I like the damage in V better, it may be slower but it doesn't look quite as cartoony as IV did, again IMO.  I don't see how the handling in V is cartoony in the slightest.  I try to compete in a street race in my modded up Stinger, I'll be sliding all over the place and wiping out if I'm not careful because the car was designed to look sexy, not drive sexy.  But there are cars that are designed for driving and can make sharp turns hardly having to slow down.

AVLG
  • AVLG

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:07 PM

GTA IV handling sucked ASS. This game is a breath of fresh air. FINALLY I can make a left turn without spinning out and loosing ALL of my speed. 

AMEN! 

SamuelBenjamin
  • SamuelBenjamin

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:10 PM

If they wanna change something please change helicopters just a little and maybe planes with that hole wind air dynamics thing that makes your plane and helicopter all jolty becuase of wind, driving at 1st was annoying but after 30mins it's SO much better than GTA IV

Wildfire_08
  • Wildfire_08

Who cares

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:11 PM

Sign this petition to try to get R* to change or at least give the option to have vehicle mechanics/physics like they were in GTA IV. If enough people sign it, maybe R* will see this and add a patch because they care about their customers.

http://www.change.or...=share_petition

It only takes a minute and with the number of signatures constantly rising their is a good chance R* will see it.

Im getting tired of seeing noobs complaining about the driving physics in this game when they are spot on! Go drive that car which resembles a ferrari 599 fiorano and drive it around hollywood hills, your complaints will be over. The driving in this game is better than ALL Need for speed games since the original Most wanted on PS2, and all of you sh*tty cod noobs crying about it need to F*** off back to cod and stay away.

MartinTerms
  • MartinTerms

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:26 PM

I understand that GTA V driving requires less skill, but I love the way you can drive in GTA v.... I don't think Rockstar will bother. 

sabre8533
  • sabre8533

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:32 AM Edited by sabre8533, 24 September 2013 - 03:52 AM.

Since it's very unlikely for R* to add an option for realistic handling in GTA V, I've made a petition asking them to add this feature in their future games including the next Grand Theft Auto.

If you would like to see an option for realistic handling in a future Rockstar game, please help support this petition.

http://www.change.or...d-theft-auto-vi

Virazol
  • Virazol

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:34 AM

Some of you just make me want to /facepalm myself to death.. Just sayin'

gta5 physics suck
  • gta5 physics suck

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:25 AM

The vehicles physics n pedestrian physics suck dick in gta 5!!! The end. If u think gta 5 physics are good then ur obviously f*cking retarded n dont appreciate realistic features in a game. A perfect example is brakes. Gta 4 was perfect physics. You can go 100 mph in gta 5 then press brake and u will come to a complete stop instantly which is fake as f*ck. In reality you wouldo slide down street. Also 75% of those cars that can climb the mountain would not even happen. I can't see my self playing this ina yr if they don't fix sh*t. There's too many problems. Gta has never done this before but now officially has made themselves a game to be skeptical about getting. Gta used to be a instant buy but not anymore. I'm most likly rent if they ever make another bc this was sorta a waste of money. 200 mill for this sh*t? 100 of that 200 mill must of gone into someones pocket bc this is not up to standards it should be. Ntm you knock people out n they die. even if you punch once they most likly will still die

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users