Photo

GET GTA V VEHICLE MECHANICS CHANGED BACK TO GTA IV

326 replies to this topic
Jibeta
  • Jibeta

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:40 PM

This has to be the most stupid thread I've ever seen.

• ImBoss450 likes this

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:51 PM

Thanks to everyone contributing. We´re on 642 now. This will hit the 4 digits soon, and there are plenty od different petitions going simultaneously so the numbers are bigger.

Keep pushing people, just imagine what an amazing game we could get if the driving, the only weak part, is solved. And GTA4 shows us Rockstar guys HAVE the ability to do it. Just imagine offroading with a Rally car and nice physics on the beatiful dirt roads this game has. It´s worth losing 2 minutes and signing this.

Anthony Soprano
  • Anthony Soprano

" Bada Bing Bada Boom "

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:23 PM

Thanks to everyone contributing. We´re on 642 now. This will hit the 4 digits soon, and there are plenty od different petitions going simultaneously so the numbers are bigger.

Keep pushing people, just imagine what an amazing game we could get if the driving, the only weak part, is solved. And GTA4 shows us Rockstar guys HAVE the ability to do it. Just imagine offroading with a Rally car and nice physics on the beatiful dirt roads this game has. It´s worth losing 2 minutes and signing this.

Dude, Not everyone wants it changed like you say ( you are in the minority ) and there is nothing wrong with the driving in GTA5, its just the picky complaining gamers !!! So why don't you load back up your GTA4 and then you all will be happy with the driving physics, thank you , the Majority :miranda:

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:38 PM

Dude, Not everyone wants it changed like you say ( you are in the minority ) and there is nothing wrong with the driving in GTA5, its just the picky complaining gamers !!! So why don't you load back up your GTA4 and then you all will be happy with the driving physics, thank you , the Majority :miranda:

Maybe if you bothered reading the petition and understanding we´re asking for AN OPTION, you wouldn´t feel the need to write nonsense and look dumb.

We understand some people can´t drive even if their life depends on it and 4´s handling was a pain for them, so make an effort and understand yourself some people CAN drive and 5´s handling is a pain for them.

Thank you from those without any handicap regarding eye-hand coordination or short attention span.

Harwood-Butcher
  • Harwood-Butcher

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:45 PM

We understand some people can´t drive even if their life depends on it and 4´s handling was a pain for them, so make an effort and understand yourself some people CAN drive and 5´s handling is a pain for them.

So you want the game to be dumb down for retards :sui:

We had a thing back in the 90's called a Super Nintendo, you should give it a go you'll love it ;)

Hordriss
  • Hordriss

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:46 PM

The petition will change nothing.

Bear in mind there's going to be competitive racing online, you can't have a choice of physics, it just ain't gonna work.

I loved the driving in IV, but I think the driving in V is great.

Anthony Soprano
  • Anthony Soprano

" Bada Bing Bada Boom "

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:46 PM

Maybe if you bothered reading the petition and understanding we´re asking for AN OPTION, you wouldn´t feel the need to write nonsense and look dumb.

Thank you from those without any handicap regarding eye-hand coordination or short attention span.

LOL, You sound just like Obama trying to force your ideals on others, sorry I am not up to your awesome gaming standards. I degress MegaBrain !!!

• Fallout3 likes this

damstr
  • damstr

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:49 PM

Yeah I much prefer GTA V's handling mechanic so I won't be signing!
  • Fallout3 and Anthony Soprano like this

Burner
  • Burner

Big McLargehuge

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:20 PM

The problem I see is this: 

All the missions were designed with these physics in mind. Let's say that the petition works and R* actually changes the handling back. Some missions might actually become impossible to pass, or in the very least, be able to get gold on because of time.

Since you will have to slow down for turns and such, driving from point A to point B will take longer, it may be impossible to get the mission over in the amount of time to get a gold. Which I don't really care about, but many gamers do, and try hard to get 100% completion. 

Take motorcycle based missions. With the game being designed around the goofy motorcycles handling, having the IV or TLAD motorcycle handling would surely break some of these missions entirely, making them impossible to pass. Especially considering how weak the player is on foot, falling off the motorcycle during a wanted level would surely end in death because you will be shot the 3 or 4 times the character can take before you can get back on the motorcycle. I don't know how easy it is to fall off the motorcycle in V, as the handling makes it to where I've never crashed one yet. IV's handling would definitely have you falling off more.

Another example would be the races. The AI and their routes/speeds were programmed with these physics in mind. The AI might not be able to cope with IV's physics, with them spinning out and crashing constantly, making races pointless. Maybe, if the AI didn't change, then there would be no way for a player to keep up with them with there cars handling like V, and the player car handling like IV. 

I much prefer IV's handling to V, but I don't think it should be changed. The handling that half of us want would be back, but other game breaking issues could arise from it. 

• Anthony Soprano likes this

Cuban800
  • Cuban800

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:21 PM

Maybe there will be a mod for that when PC version releases.

Calm down.

IIIuminatus
  • IIIuminatus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:30 PM

GTA V  This Game made over $800 million I suggest to stick to its driving brah its  not arcady like some say...

Ive been reading these thread's about driving thinking (damn rockstar /failed on Car physics) but when I got that game and play'd I was like WTF these dude's talking about ... this game is awesome.

But I accept this as an option in-game,for players to play as they like.

I love the driving of Los Santos this is what I expected and im still getting surprised.

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:37 PM

The problem I see is this: 

All the missions were designed with these physics in mind. Let's say that the petition works and R* actually changes the handling back. Some missions might actually become impossible to pass, or in the very least, be able to get gold on because of time.

Excellent point. I´d be already happy if the more accurate physics were implemented for the online racing only.

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:38 PM

LOL, You sound just like Obama trying to force your ideals on others, sorry I am not up to your awesome gaming standards. I degress MegaBrain !!!

You can´t read, can you? WE´RE ASKING FOR AN OPTION, GRAMPA!!

Anthony Soprano
  • Anthony Soprano

" Bada Bing Bada Boom "

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:44 PM Edited by Anthony Soprano, 19 September 2013 - 06:44 PM.

Note : Your not getting an option, so what's the point of complaining about it , play like it is and enjoy it,

yours truely

Grampa !!!

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

I check for Breast Cancer. Call me.

• United-States

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:47 PM

Fasterthanyou, stop double posting and do not post just to bump your topic. If you do it again you will have your topic locked and you'll have to take your petition elsewhere.

Harwood-Butcher
  • Harwood-Butcher

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:47 PM

You can´t read, can you? WE´RE ASKING FOR AN OPTION, GRAMPA!!

Yes and you can't read either, as written earlier "you're in the minority"

GTA5 made $800,000,000 in it's first day on sale and you and your 'minority' are bitching about the driving physics.

Rockstar will change nothing, only tweek it.

This isn't Electornic Arts who will change the game just because 5% are unhappy cry babies.

Slave Boy
  • Slave Boy

Obedient

• The Connection
  • Finland
  • Most Talented GFX Artist 2013

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:48 PM

GTA Vl driving sucked. It wasn't hard, Nor did it take skill so I dont know why people are saying GTAV driving is for "noobs" when it clearly isn't. 

Please send a copy of GTA VI to me?

gevebe
  • gevebe

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:53 PM

We don't want it changed, we just want an option for more realistic driving like in GTA4

I would say the perfect balance would be 75% from GTA4 and 25% from GTA V

So please sign the petition linked below!

http://chn.ge/19agus0

OurJud
  • OurJud

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:00 PM

As other have said, the most frustrating thing about the new pysics is the ridiculous acceleration and braking. These things should not be insn't. GTA IV's cars might have handled like boats, but at least they had the acceleration and braking somewhere near right.

But for me there's something else too, which only really becomes apparent when driving at high speed. It's almost as though the frame rate isn't as smooth and I find it difficult to spot the other traffic and corners. I can't really explain what I mean, but my awareness of the other cars and layout of the roads just isn't like it was in IV.

Bushmaster
  • Bushmaster

10 Millimeter Heater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:23 PM

Driving is better than GTA IV. I don't supporting Rockstar reverting it back to that game.

IAmPerfection
  • IAmPerfection

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:50 PM

umm

no

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:09 PM

Note : Your not getting an option, so what's the point of complaining about it , play like it is and enjoy it,

yours truely

Grampa !!!

We´ll see on that one. They cared enough to add slipery cheat. They also want to cater half-decent players somehow, so it´s worth pushing.

Also, if I enjoyed it like it is now, I wouldn´t be here.

The word you look for is "you´re" by the way.

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:11 PM

Fasterthanyou, stop double posting and do not post just to bump your topic. If you do it again you will have your topic locked and you'll have to take your petition elsewhere.

What the hell you talking about? It´s not my topic, and it´s not my petition.

Logum
  • Logum

Crystal Clear

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:24 PM

Stop complaining because Rockstar isn't gonna change sh*t, we all know that. So get used to the driving and shut your pie holes
  • Fallout3 likes this

OurJud
  • OurJud

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:33 PM

Stop complaining because Rockstar isn't gonna change sh*t [...]

Says who?

Kihood
  • Kihood

Making GTA History

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:38 PM

Damn am one of those people who complained about the driving physics of GTA V last week and since then i started driving, started to get used to it and liked it yoo!. Maybe its not that bad!. I mean its weird i used to f*cking hate the physics like mad, but you can get away with it by cruising instead of holding down the trigger button for so long. Rockstar shoulda stick with GTA IV physics but then again the new physics is actually nice not too bad at all. the super cars i try do avoid at all costs because the speed is ridiculous 

sonic_blue
  • sonic_blue

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:44 PM

there's going to be competitive racing online, you can't have a choice of physics, it just ain't gonna work.

Of course it can work.  The host of the lobby gets to choose which vehicle physics will be used (normal / simulation) just like any other option that can be adjusted in the lobby, such as auto-aiming, friendly fire etc.

Logum
  • Logum

Crystal Clear

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:49 PM

Stop complaining because Rockstar isn't gonna change sh*t [...]

Says who?
Says me. You really think Rockstar is going to change back the car physics in their newest game to the ones from a five year old game? Yeah, seems like something they would do. Not. And I don't see why everybody loves gta IV's car physics because they are stupid as f*ck, it was seriously painful to drive. I'm not saying GTA Vs are perfect but they are definitely an improvement over GTA IVs.

gevebe
  • gevebe

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:30 PM

Bump

sonic_blue
  • sonic_blue

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:38 PM

You really think Rockstar is going to change back the car physics in their newest game to the ones from a five year old game? 

For the umpteenth time, nobody is suggesting they "change the car physics back".  All we want is an optimized version of the "slidey cars" cheat which is ALREADY AVAILABE IN GTAV , to be added as AN OPTION.    Again, AN OPTION, not "forced for all players".

So all of you nubs can have your "on rails" handling, and all of us skilled drivers can have a more realistic physics BECAUSE YOU CANNOT EVEN DRIFT WITH THE PHYSICS AS THEY ARE NOW.   

YOU CANNOT EVEN DO A SIMPLE DONUT WITH THE PHYSICS THE WAY THEY ARE NOW.        

Go on, try it.   Take a high powered RWD car and go full lock and 100% throttle.   You will never be able to get the car sliding sideways in a controlled drift.    This kills the fun for anyone who enjoys drifting (i.e , a lot of us).

Offering an optimized version of the slidey cars cheat is not an unreasonable request.   If the did it, everybody wins.    Why would you not want everyone to be happy with the game?   

• nikbwfc likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users