Photo

GET GTA V VEHICLE MECHANICS CHANGED BACK TO GTA IV

326 replies to this topic
Logum
  • Logum

Crystal Clear

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:23 PM

The handling is ten times better in V than in IV.

chippy221
  • chippy221

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:00 PM

I was a fan if the driving mechanics in Iv n wished V had the same driving mechanics but after a abit if playing I've figured out how to do propper power slides n find I've gottin to use to the new mechanics... I like it...

The bikes are difficult to drive n have not yet gotten air born...

My only burn is home much smashing it takes to wreck your vehicle...it's almost a tank! Haha

Wish I could play the game more than an hr a day! Haha

split_lip
  • split_lip

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:18 PM

Gotta agree here. I think Rockstar nailed it in V!

EditingYourMouth
  • EditingYourMouth

I saw that new GTA game, Midnight Club : Los Santos

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:25 PM

Idiots, GTA V 's handling is like Bumper Cars, planted on the ground.

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

I play both sides of the fence Xbox One 4.5 TB - PS4 2 TB

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:25 PM

So you guys wana make the driving harder? I have a solution.

1. Get off your chair.
2. Take GTA5 out of your console.
3. Put GTA4 in your console.
4. Problem solved.

Quit complaining trolls
  • chippy221 likes this

DanC1989
  • DanC1989

Playing GTA religiously since 2002

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:30 PM

Idiots, GTA V 's handling is like Bumper Cars, planted on the ground.

THIS. It feels dumbed down.

I'm not saying that the driving in IV was perfect but V is a significant step down. I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually but for the moment I'm finding it rather annoying

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:36 PM

To debate it, use the thread at the top of the forum.

I hated GTA:IV's car physics - not becasuse it was slow or hard - just because a lot of it was exagerated and only bits of it were realistic - but I never demanded they changed the game.

I do think to keep everyone happy, there needs to be a "grip" slider in the settings though.

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:43 PM

We can all agree that V overcompensated for the boat-like physics in V though.  Of course I will get used to it though.

gta-space
  • gta-space

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:47 PM

What is wrong with you guys we can actually turn in gta v!!!!!! Driving is perfect IMO!!!!!

nikbwfc
  • nikbwfc

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:04 PM Edited by nikbwfc, 18 September 2013 - 11:05 PM.

For those saying "you guys are too lazy to master the driving in V"

THERES HARDLY ANYTHING TO MASTER, ITS LIKE MARIO KART

And also for those saying "this is more advanced, out with the old in with the new"

HOW CAN SOMETHING THAT IS WAY LESS REALISTIC BE MORE ADVANCED

C'mon guys, can't you just put your argument forward without making stuff up. I'm not saying IV's driving was perfect or the most realistic ever in a game but it was far more realistic than in V and anyone of intelligence should see that
  • Rollin likes this

nikbwfc
  • nikbwfc

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:07 PM

The main thing's that piss me off about V's driving are

1. Corner way to sharply
2. No weight shift in cars
3. Way too grippy to the road

EditingYourMouth
  • EditingYourMouth

I saw that new GTA game, Midnight Club : Los Santos

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:09 PM

The cars are like goddamn trains f*cking nailed to the ground.

Rollin
  • Rollin

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:15 PM

GTA V is for mature audience yet R* gave it driving mechanics that appeal to 12 year olds. 

ChuckE
  • ChuckE

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:20 PM

I finally get the idea why people enjoy GTA 5 handling.

I didn't play GTA 4 on xbox - I played it on PC only. And now I had opportunity to play it on xbox. And it is really bad with gamepad. On PC everything is easy with WASD + MOUSE combo. But on gamepad....Well it's bad. Really bad. 

However on PC I wanna see GTA 4 handling in GTA 5.

MrWunderful
  • MrWunderful

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:22 PM Edited by MrWunderful, 18 September 2013 - 11:22 PM.

The only thing funnier than the people crying about the handling are the other people screaming " well if you like the driving in gta5 you are just a kid that sucks at driving games lolololol"

Shut the F up and go play gta IV or gran turismo.

I hope rockstar changes nothing, so eventually these whiners will drown in their own tears.

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:22 PM

The main thing's that piss me off about V's driving are

1. Corner way to sharply
2. No weight shift in cars
3. Way too grippy to the road

The grip is higher than realistic, so they can turn sharper than you'd expect for the speed your doing.

If you're having problems with them actually turning too fast, then use the analog sticks properly.

There is weight shift, I use this regularly to get the rear end loose before diving around a bend. I was actually impressed at how the game took this in to consideration considering it's not a car sim.

The grip is a high, but for your average person it's more fun being able to drive at high speeds.

Hopefully they'll add a "Grip" slider at some stage. In the meantime, challenge yourself by mastering those driving skills at higher speeds.

Rollin
  • Rollin

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:23 PM

The amount of people sucking at GTA IV driving is too damn much. 

• lazy. likes this

Ragref
  • Ragref

Fighting terror!

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:24 PM

This, the handling is almost on par with Forza, you guys just want unrealistic handling.

Rollin
  • Rollin

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:40 PM

This, the handling is almost on par with Forza, you guys just want unrealistic handling.

Wait, you're saying the handling in V is more realistic than IV.

IV wasn't perfect but at least cars felt like they weighed something. Cars in V stop and corner like F1 cars.

KingJay
  • KingJay

BTNHLegacy

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:58 PM

How did people survive with GTA 3, GTA Vice City and GTA San Andreas? I don't get it. Yes the driving is different but it's not bad. If GTA 4 didn't exist what the f*ck would people complain about?

Bazzad
  • Bazzad

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:59 PM

I dont want them changed. The driving mechanics in V are exactly what I want.

Rollin
  • Rollin

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:01 AM

People complain because R* have gone a step backwards in V after the driving they gave us in IV. Something that didn't happen in earlier GTA's.

• Morkkdoe likes this

Morkkdoe
  • Morkkdoe

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:17 AM

I hate EVERYONE who says it's not Arcade'ish. Gta iv was MORE realistic. Under steer oversteer body roll an actual feel to the car. People who moan about boat like feeling obviously just crashed at a corner because of not slowing down enough or hitting the corner at apex. Rockstar I salute you for making an awesome game. And i also give you the finger for making the driving somewhat like midnight club or even dare I say it. Crazy taxi.
  • Rollin likes this

Morkkdoe
  • Morkkdoe

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:18 AM

Not hitting apex* my bad double post.

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

Have you driven a Ford... Lately?

• Feroci
  • Australia

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:25 AM

I do not think we will get an option to choose between the two, think about this, when GTA Online launches are they going to allow players to have different mechanics to drive a car, so suddenly two different players with the same vehicle and they handle completely different, I just dont think it will work.

Morkkdoe
  • Morkkdoe

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:57 AM

Totally agree ^^ a meet in the middle would be adequate for the mechanics. If not I'm spending all my money on rockets and stickies and blowing every driver I can up until I get bored

Burner
  • Burner

Big McLargehuge

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:37 AM

GTA IV WAS THE SAME DRIVING AS THE REST. but ok burner since u r so butthurt about the upgrades to the driving why dont u just stick to playing gta IV and the rest of us can continue to grow with the future. I don't understand this hate between hardcore gamers and casual gamers . It wouldn't make since for rockstar to appeal to only 25% of the market which is u . So u just stomped on your whole argument

IV was the same driving as the rest? Rest of what? GTA games? Um...no. Other sandbox games? Nope. Really, V is the same driving as the rest. Handles just like Saints Row, True Crime, Sleeping Dogs etc. Which I have and love all those games as well, but I accept them for what they are: Copycats of a finer game. I don't expect great car handling from other sandbox series, I just expect it to not be broken. It seems V copied those games handling.

Not butthurt. Just wanted to reply to your post, since you said people were too lazy to learn GTA V's handling. I found it funny since there isn't any 'learning', it's beyond pick up and play. During a race, a prompt might as well pop up on screen that says "press X to come in first".

I wasn't stomping my own argument either, rather, I was giving an (obvious) explanation to why it was changed. Too many idiots out that want their game spoonfed to them. Which is u.

I'm not a hardcore gamer either, I am about as a casual gamer as you can get. I buy maybe 1 or two games a year, if that. I only started playing games because I am a graphic artist, so my work relates to games. By my own previous statement, the game should be catering to me, the casual gamer. If the physics seem dumbed down to me, they are dumbed down. 

bah, I don't really care. It's not ruining the game experience for me, even though it is noticeable, I can live with it. Like I said, you just sounded stupid in your post that I originally replied to, and I wanted to point out specifically to you why, while copying your sentence structure and wording.

voad1
  • voad1

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:52 AM

I think people are missing the point. Its not that the driving is hard. Its the opposite. It's too easy and forgiving.

If you hit a corner going around a turn in your Futo it doesn't flip like in gta 4. And if it did that in gta 5 then all you have to do is flip the car back over by sitting in it. Its f*cking lame.

Oooh look i botched and hit a hill that should force my car to land upside down... ohh wait... i can control the car mid air so i have nothing to worry about. There is ZERO suspense...

I hear you on this. I agree, many think that the reason why people complain is because its hard when it is not.

Exactly, I signed the petition last time it was up in a post. I want something that isn't easy mode. They have the option of free aim in this game so people playing can have a challenge. Wish they did something like that for the driving at least. I can understand that some people aren't very skilled at games and or don't have the time to put in to learn how to drive in a more complex game. Or maybe they just don't want a challenge. Whatever reason, I understand. But I am on the other side of that coin along with many others.

voad1
  • voad1

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:58 AM

I do not think we will get an option to choose between the two, think about this, when GTA Online launches are they going to allow players to have different mechanics to drive a car, so suddenly two different players with the same vehicle and they handle completely different, I just dont think it will work.

BUT, will they allow players to have different mechanics to aim/combat? Free aim and lock on/auto aim? That is actually a really interesting question. They already have two different options for players for combat. How will that be handled? And if they can cater to both here why couldn't they cater to both for driving?

Not to mention there are already car mods... though they don't seem to do much at all to a car in terms of how they handle or drive. I don't know why they have more than one stat for customizing. You can only really increase acceleration. Still love the car customizing though, just wish they expand on it further in the future.

Nfurtado77
  • Nfurtado77

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:26 AM

The driving in 4 was terrible I don't understand what part of that was releastic if you swerve back and forth your side skirts would hit the ground never seen that in real life. Also if you want the driving to be f*cking harder than hold the control upside down or some sh*t like that. Seems like the people saying gta 4s driving was more releastic have never driven.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users