• Bulgaria

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:46 AM

Driving is fine.

Is not.

Nomadski
  • Nomadski

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:52 AM Edited by Nomadski, 18 September 2013 - 05:52 AM.

GTA IV had the worst car handling of any driving game on this planet, period.

This game has pretty much perfect style of handling for a game like GTA.

Im sure there are plenty of boat simulators out there for people who want a new game to drive like GTA IV.

kopkiller666
  • kopkiller666

I kill Police Officers

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:53 AM

I like how we have invented the word "arcadey" in this thread.

I think the driving is ok, that one car that looks like a bugatti in the back is damn terrible though I can't even drive the thing because it constantly spins the back tires and just wants to fishtail non stop. Besides that I like how it feels so far it's no Gran Turismo 5 or nothing though.

gevebe
  • gevebe

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:43 AM

Sign this petition to try to get R* to change or at least give the option to have vehicle mechanics/physics like they were in GTA IV. If enough people sign it, maybe R* will see this and add a patch.

http://www.change.or...=share_petition

Signed

<Yang3
  • <Yang3

☆☆☆☆☆

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:50 AM

Moving ahead people, the old driving mechanic was terrible. Deal with it!!!!!

Where have you seen a sedan w/c bounces like a jello when turning corners?

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:58 AM

As I said, this is a quick summary of modern videogame History:

1) You develop something nice and challenging, like semi-accurate physics for vehicles in an action game.

2) Bad gamers moan because they can´t be bothered mastering something that takes some patience/skill.

3) Developers dumb down whatever good they built to please them..

MintBerryCrunch
  • MintBerryCrunch

It's meeeeeee!

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:01 AM

I hated IV's physics! I'm so glad I can finally drive fast down a long road and not have the car spin out and flip over just because... *gasp* ... I used the brakes!

If you hate V's driving then go back to playing IV.

SausageInACan
  • SausageInACan

كافر

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:06 AM

I don't understand why people think GTA IV car handling was good and realistic.
mvVsAdv.jpg

Skeloton
  • Skeloton

Living Dead Gangster

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:12 AM Edited by Skeloton, 18 September 2013 - 10:14 AM.

Lol SausageInACan, Loving the driving so far. Liking it better than in IV and I was rather good in IV. Is there a petition that counters the one for changing it back to IV.

I hope in GTAVI that R* truly f*cks up the driving just to make a point.

huiAPPOAJ
  • huiAPPOAJ

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:14 AM

I don't understand why people think GTA IV car handling was good and realistic.
mvVsAdv.jpg

I think it was more fun when you could have feel the car's weight.

<Yang3
  • <Yang3

☆☆☆☆☆

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:19 AM

Joined 12 hours ago, paid by EA.

REVERT your brain back to normal(if possible).

BaxterUK
  • BaxterUK

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:28 AM

GTA Vl driving sucked. It wasn't hard, Nor did it take skill so I dont know why people are saying GTAV driving is for "noobs" when it clearly isn't. 

GTAction99
  • GTAction99

R*

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:34 AM

No i like the way it is.

Same here.

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:53 AM

so I dont know why people are saying GTAV driving is for "noobs" when it clearly isn't. 

Of course it is for noobs. Your car stops from top speed in a fraction. Your car corners at top speed without problems. Your car can be handled mid air. You can slow down time while driving!!

Only thing good in GTA5 handling is the traction physics, cars struggle to get going from a standstill in a hill, and if you mash the throttle they wheelspin.

The rest, sh*t.

le-forehead
  • le-forehead

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:56 AM

I think the way the cars handle is absolutely fine.  I am also not bothered if the cars feel a bit "arcadey" - it aint a driving simulation.

Franklin smashed a jet in to a scyscraper last night and vanished in a ball of flames.  He was released from hospital a short time later with no more than a graze on his face.  That's arcadey.

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:59 AM

I think the way the cars handle is absolutely fine.  I am also not bothered if the cars feel a bit "arcadey" - it aint a driving simulation.

No it´s not but if you bother coding in some nice physics like last time around people will race. If you don´t people won´t and there goes 50% of the game.

gevebe
  • gevebe

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:25 PM

Bump

Mukaparska
  • Mukaparska

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:25 PM

No f*cking way...Since now cars have mass, you can't just crash them all and keep moving. 

Nitsuj Rasta
  • Nitsuj Rasta

88th Jamestown Lords

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:26 PM

R* not gonna change sh*t.... 

Gedmundo
  • Gedmundo

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:28 PM

Where do I sign the petition to get all the vehicle hate put into one thread?

• Hugef1 likes this

Get_Head_Ed
  • Get_Head_Ed

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:04 PM

People are too used to the mechanics from GTA IV to realize that the new mechanics are truly and improvement. Learn how to your both the emergency brake and the handbrake. Yes, it takes some getting used to, but the mechanics are definitely better this time around.

• elmo87 likes this

TotesMagotes
  • TotesMagotes

Totes Magotes

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:09 PM

Honestly, wish the handling was a bit more loose, I really hate those quick turns.

elmo87
  • elmo87

Hustler

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:10 PM

Sign this petition to try to get R* to change or at least give the option to have vehicle mechanics/physics like they were in GTA IV. If enough people sign it, maybe R* will see this and add a patch.

http://www.change.or...=share_petition

are f*cking kidding me ? Rockstar DO NOT CHANGE IT BACK. You did a great job on this game there is nothing wrong with the cars nor driving mechanics. Why go back in the past because these lazy ppl cant take the time to learn it. I hate when ppl get stuck in the past . It is a new generation and out with the old in with the new. U spoiled brats just need to learn how to drive . We don't want an expansion pack of gta IV . U PPL MAKE ME SICK.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:16 PM

This is ridiculous. You guys act like the cars are completely un drivable. ALOT of people like the driving, so there is no way they are going to change it back.

I hated GTA IV's driving, but I dealt with it for 5 years, because at the end of the day its something you can just get used to. You guys are going to have to do the same.

Burner
  • Burner

Big McLargehuge

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:31 PM Edited by Burner, 18 September 2013 - 05:33 PM.

"Why go back in the past because these lazy ppl cant take the time to learn it. I hate when ppl get stuck in the past . It is a new generation and out with the old in with the new. U spoiled brats just need to learn how to drive . We don't want an expansion pack of gta IV . U PPL MAKE ME SICK."

Lol. There is no learning to drive in V. You just...drive. The first mission with Franklin, taking the car to the dealership and keeping up with Lamar was so easy, it could have just been a cutscene instead of a mission. It's just going through the motions.

Learning to drive was something you had to do in IV, and lazy 'ppl' couldn't take the time to learn it. I hate it when ppl with no skill need their gaming experience spoonfed to them. With gaming becoming such a large form of entertainment, those people make up 75% of sales, so game companies have to cater to the lowest common denominator. You people make me sick.

Edit - Wtf is up with the quoting? I can't delete it.

elmo87
  • elmo87

Hustler

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:42 PM

GTA IV WAS THE SAME DRIVING AS THE REST. but ok burner since u r so butthurt about the upgrades to the driving why dont u just stick to playing gta IV and the rest of us can continue to grow with the future. I don't understand this hate between hardcore gamers and casual gamers . It wouldn't make since for rockstar to appeal to only 25% of the market which is u . So u just stomped on your whole argument

gevebe
  • gevebe

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:54 PM

Bump

ASIAN LAWYER
  • ASIAN LAWYER

Trick

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:15 PM

"Why go back in the past because these lazy ppl cant take the time to learn it. I hate when ppl get stuck in the past . It is a new generation and out with the old in with the new. U spoiled brats just need to learn how to drive . We don't want an expansion pack of gta IV . U PPL MAKE ME SICK."[/size]

Lol. There is no learning to drive in V. You just...drive. The first mission with Franklin, taking the car to the dealership and keeping up with Lamar was so easy, it could have just been a cutscene instead of a mission. It's just going through the motions.

Learning to drive was something you had to do in IV, and lazy 'ppl' couldn't take the time to learn it. I hate it when ppl with no skill need their gaming experience spoonfed to them. With gaming becoming such a large form of entertainment, those people make up 75% of sales, so game companies have to cater to the lowest common denominator. You people make me sick.

Edit - Wtf is up with the quoting? I can't delete it.

franklin had the highest driving skill, and they wanted to introduce the player to the new mechanics with a character who could drive well.

you're giving grand theft auto iv's driving too much credit. the game never took skill to learn, all you had to do was drive slower than you wanted to, and it would work.

sidenote: are you establishing who is a hardcore gamer, through a subjective preference in driving mechanics? that's cute.

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:19 PM

The handling is okay (just okay) but wtf is up with this super-steel the cars are made out of? It makes it feel way kid-safe. Also, I judge R* against the bars set by R*.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users