Photo

GET GTA V VEHICLE MECHANICS CHANGED BACK TO GTA IV

326 replies to this topic
namor
  • namor

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:58 AM

the vehicle handling in gta 4 was the reason i stopped playing it!

It was also the reason why millions of people kept playing it till the release of this one.

The arcadey physics are the reason I stopped playing V once I 100%ed the game and am playing IV again for the umpteenth time and will likely be playing it until VI gets the driving physics right.

• StingrayX likes this

StingrayX
  • StingrayX

♢ Las Venturas ♢

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:43 AM

Seriously, it's a game.

Do you really want to keep whinging?

It's a discussion forum, what the f*ck do you expect. I've seen people arguing about more menial subjects on different forums about that thing. Use your brain. Also "whinging" it's whining.

• Costar likes this

MootWizard
  • MootWizard

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:10 AM

Seriously, it's a game.

It's a discussion forum, what the f*ck do you expect. I've seen people arguing about more menial subjects on different forums about that thing. Use your brain. Also "whinging" it's whining.

I'm glad you agree that you're 'whining'.

And you're about as menial as it comes to be honest. It's a forum to discuss issues about the game and talk about different aspects of the game. I don't see the driving mechanics as a game fault, it's just what they are.

Simply deal with it and stop having a cry, or you could develop you own wondrous game with amazing driving mechanics, double rainbows and unicorns that crap fairy floss.

Costar
  • Costar

Homie

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:22 AM

Its different anyway. I've found a comfortable medium with the handling in "V".

I also like the fact that cars dont become ruined as quickly as they seemed to in IV. However, they definitely need to adjust vehicle weight, torque, top speeds and impacts. A *prius* shouldnt be able to take mere superficial damage from an impact w/ a 25,000lb dump truck! One of my fave and only useful but terribly slow vehicles in "V" is the bull dozer, its great for car smashing but even it has its limitations.

Maybe R* should just give us access to a text file containing handling parameters, like PC versions of the past games. Let us alter it on our machines, transfer to console via USB drive, game scans and imports file! This should've been the same with the radio, let us import our own MP3's via USB! :D

MootWizard
  • MootWizard

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:35 AM

I agree with the radio, for god's sake even the original xbox version of San Andreas let you import your own music files aha.

StingrayX
  • StingrayX

♢ Las Venturas ♢

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:45 PM Edited by StingrayX, 14 November 2013 - 12:46 PM.

Seriously, it's a game.

I'm glad you agree that you're 'whining'.

And you're about as menial as it comes to be honest. It's a forum to discuss issues about the game and talk about different aspects of the game. I don't see the driving mechanics as a game fault, it's just what they are.

Simply deal with it and stop having a cry, or you could develop you own wondrous game with amazing driving mechanics, double rainbows and unicorns that crap fairy floss.

So because you see nothing wrong with the driving, you think nobody should complain? Do you know what an opinion is? Are you f*cking 12 years old? Grow the f*ck up, I'm sick and tired of you V section people being such ignoramus asses, saying "Oh stop whining" but then when you bitch you expect people not to have a problem you god damned hypocritical ass.

Grow up, post like you got some sense, of get the hell out!

/rant

• suicidehummer likes this

x0v3rKiLx
  • x0v3rKiLx

You Wanna Buy Some Death Sticks?

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:51 PM Edited by x0v3rKiLx, 14 November 2013 - 01:53 PM.

As Gen. Mattis would say in Generation Kill, "Not only no, Colonel, but f*ck NO."

Nobody in their right mind would suddenly go back and completely re-arrange the vehicle physics in this game. That would f*ck up stunt jumps and anything dependent upon vehicle physics. And beyond that, it would piss a ton of people off. Most people LIKE the more arcady style physics anyway. It isn't changing back. You just have to deal with it.

The devs spent a great deal of time re-working the physics engine to satisfy a greater number of players. Besides, out of the 10-something million people that bought this game, do you really think that 2,500 signatures on a petition is going to motivate Rockstar to change the physics? That's less than a tenth of one percent of the total GTA V population. Whoopdie doo. No dev in their right mind would care anyway.

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:52 PM

As Gen. Mattis would say in Generation Kill, "Not only no, Colonel, but f*ck NO."

Nobody in their right mind would suddenly go back and completely re-arrange the vehicle physics in this game. That would f*ck up stunt jumps and anything dependent upon vehicle physics. And beyond that, it would piss a ton of people off. Most people LIKE the more arcady style physics anyway. It isn't changing back. You just have to deal with it.

The devs spent a great deal of time re-working the physics engine to satisfy a greater number of players. Besides, out of the 10-something million people that bought this game, do you really think that 2,500 signatures on a petition is going to motivate Rockstar to change the physics? That's less than a tenth of one percent of the total GTA V population. Whoopdie doo. No dev in their right mind would care anyway.

Don´t be scared, buddy. People are asking for an option to use different physics. I have nothing against your dumb-proof mode staying, I just want to be able to play and race in a better environment. I don´t mind at all if you want to stay here:

child-in-ball-pool.jpg

A "slidey mode" option in race lobby (to turn it on/off just like catchup) would do for me, and you´d be free to keep playing with toy cars.

• suicidehummer, PlanetaryUnfolding and vozi45 like this

Shmiqq
  • Shmiqq

hello!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:00 PM

Wait I don't get it, why do people want harder-to-control car controls, instead of simple ones?

The driving's been the same through all the games except from IV, consistency is nice. It's a game of escaping cops, not realistic hard driving simulator stuff.

StingrayX
  • StingrayX

♢ Las Venturas ♢

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:35 PM

@Above: because not every one is some unskilled casual gamer who wants effortless, boring, driving. Use your common sense.

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:42 PM

Wait I don't get it, why do people want harder-to-control car controls, instead of simple ones?

To have fun?? To get quality racing??

The driving's been the same through all the games except from IV, consistency is nice.

Yes let´s go back to 2D games, or top view ones. What the hell let´s live in caves again!

It's a game of escaping cops, not realistic hard driving simulator stuff.

Escaping from cops is one of the activities that is way more satisfying and fun with good physics. 

StingrayX
  • StingrayX

♢ Las Venturas ♢

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:40 PM

The driving's been the same through all the games except from IV, consistency is nice. It's a game of escaping cops, not realistic hard driving simulator stuff.

You can't actually classify what a GTA is supposed to be because it is supposed to have so much and can be played so many different ways. And in my opinion, escaping cops was much funner with IV's physics-- which aren't f*cking ultra-realistic for f*ck sakes -- ;) because both cops and player were equal. Your car could be faster than a cop car in IV like in real life. There was no rubberbanding, random popping out of nowhere, none of that. In V, the cops can catch up to a Truffade Adder that has been maxed out. They must have 2000hp hexaturbo 10 liters with the way they drive! They ram you and rubberband, and the way they ram you is so cartoony and scripted. If you drive a 3 ton truck you will be spun out by their hits.

It just feels unbalanced, inconsistent, and annoying, not fun, annoying! And you want the series to have consistant handling? Be realistic. Changes need to be made as the series progresses. IV made a lot of changed and people just bitched because they didn't want improvements I pressume. I don't want GTA VI to look like real life but have stupid physics. It already feels weird in V. The graphics are photo realistic in certain areas but the way things flow just takes away that believable feeling, screws everything up, and it feels inconsistent.
  • B Dawg likes this

beretta-gt88
  • beretta-gt88

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:22 AM

I hate rubberband AI and how the cops spawn in this. The AI in races are horrible also:(

Shmiqq
  • Shmiqq

hello!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:56 AM Edited by Shmiqq, 15 November 2013 - 09:57 AM.

You can't actually classify what a GTA is supposed to be because it is supposed to have so much and can be played so many different ways. And in my opinion, escaping cops was much funner with IV's physics-- which aren't f*cking ultra-realistic for f*ck sakes -- ;) because both cops and player were equal. Your car could be faster than a cop car in IV like in real life. There was no rubberbanding, random popping out of nowhere, none of that. In V, the cops can catch up to a Truffade Adder that has been maxed out. They must have 2000hp hexaturbo 10 liters with the way they drive! They ram you and rubberband, and the way they ram you is so cartoony and scripted. If you drive a 3 ton truck you will be spun out by their hits.
It just feels unbalanced, inconsistent, and annoying, not fun, annoying! And you want the series to have consistant handling? Be realistic. Changes need to be made as the series progresses. IV made a lot of changed and people just bitched because they didn't want improvements I pressume. I don't want GTA VI to look like real life but have stupid physics. It already feels weird in V. The graphics are photo realistic in certain areas but the way things flow just takes away that believable feeling, screws everything up, and it feels inconsistent.
I kinda get what you mean, like there's no challenge.

Idk how people can make a balance of this, though I have a feeling people prefer the classic/current driving over IV driving. There should be a poll!

Shmiqq
  • Shmiqq

hello!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:05 AM

To have fun?? To get quality racing??
The driving's been the same through all the games except from IV, consistency is nice.

Yes let´s go back to 2D games, or top view ones. What the hell let´s live in caves again!

It's a game of escaping cops, not realistic hard driving simulator stuff.

Escaping from cops is one of the activities that is way more satisfying and fun with good physics. 

Sorry for double post, on mobile atm.

I agree that racing atm seems a bit strange, because everything seems a bit hyper and easy. However, escaping cops is already a little challenging. I believe what R* tried to do was go back to the ways of San Andreas, maybe. Not the 2D/top down era games.

It's just that if they go off the main idea of escaping cops and basic drive and go, it's a bit off the normal GTA. The point is to get in and drive. If they start getting realistic, maybe they'll do other things like having to refill the car, having to turn off the engine, etc.

Only reason I support old driving is that V and IV exist alongside eachother, and a sudden change in physics in 5 years is a bit odd.

HellsKilla
  • HellsKilla

GTA Gun

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:52 PM

It would be nice to have a patch for vehicle damage & that annoying AI vehicle brick effect.

My opinion, the vehicle damage in GTA V is minimal, little dents & scratches and a loss of fenders. When I drive my vehicle into a solid building, I would imagine the engine housing would smash in, but no!

When ramming or smashing into AI vehicles they sometimes seem solidly suck on the road as if they were buildings.

"Lets Bounce"-"Bounce, we're bouncing now?" Agreed, we bouncing all over the road whenever the hit another vehicle! 

Mostly everything else about the vehicles of GTA V are defiantly an improvement.

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:03 PM

Sorry for double post, on mobile atm.

I agree that racing atm seems a bit strange, because everything seems a bit hyper and easy. However, escaping cops is already a little challenging. I believe what R* tried to do was go back to the ways of San Andreas, maybe. Not the 2D/top down era games.

It's just that if they go off the main idea of escaping cops and basic drive and go, it's a bit off the normal GTA. The point is to get in and drive. If they start getting realistic, maybe they'll do other things like having to refill the car, having to turn off the engine, etc.

Only reason I support old driving is that V and IV exist alongside eachother, and a sudden change in physics in 5 years is a bit odd.

On the police topic, you can have challenging cops in two ways:

- Driving is piece of cake, but they can respawn and rape physics to keep the balance and difficulty up.

- Driving is challenging, damage unforgiving and they are subject to the same physic rules than you and you must be do better than them to escape.

I prefer the second.

Costar
  • Costar

Homie

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:54 PM

As anyone else who has played IV on PC can attest, (which is somewhat spoiling I guess) its so much better having the ability to adjust these parameters. You can alter these for cops as well to make it more balanced. That is why I love PC gaming, as long as developers will remain mod-friendly. You can set up cars for as close to realistic speed/acceleration/deceleration, suspension, COG adjustments etc., you can set them up for drifting, whatever your pleasure.

Personally, I dont expect R* to rework everything to please every gamer, you wont ever do that because THAT is unrealistic as ppl's driving preferences are different - hence the option to adjust them yourself being given at least somewhat of a realistic baseline. There are some very obvious things that they can fix, like HellsKilla mentioned that "brick effect."  Its not only that they seem heavier but more powerful than your vehicle.

I recall an incident I had w/ a taxi, we're positioned bumper to bumper (speaking realistically), he has a 4-6Klb taxi,  I'm in about an 8-10Klb old truck. He somehow manages to push my truck backwards whilst I'm holding the brake or giving it full throttle, not likely...

True enough this game isnt specifically a "driving simulator" where we choose from transmission and drive-axle ratios based on best E.T. goals, choosing from diff materials for flywheels to reduce weight, adjusting fuel-to-air ratios for the best mpg and/or horsepower. We arent selecting internal engine components for stroking engines to produce more power for circle-track or straight-line drag racing etc. I dont see anyone asking for these kinds of things, just that when a vehicle of lesser weight doesnt behave like it weighs 10tons and your 10ton vehicle is as if it weighs as little as a tumbleweed. Also cops should not have a *light-speed button* as an OEM feature either! :lol: They could fix things like this to provide a better balance overall.

PedoneRosso
  • PedoneRosso

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:53 PM

I know it's off topic, but since everybody is so sensitive at driving in this thread I thought s.o. could answer this question:

is there any 4x4 vehicle in GTA V?

(If yes, which are?)

Thanks in advance for any good answer.

elmo87
  • elmo87

Hustler

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:18 PM

The poll in this thread : http://gtaforums.com...-debate/page-64

Makes this thread pointless. The driving is fine, learn to adapt . If it was up to u guys we will still be playing Nintendo . Embrace the change.

MootWizard
  • MootWizard

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:16 AM

Agreed ^

thr3at0fD3ath
  • thr3at0fD3ath

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:20 AM

I was an avid offroader in gta4...if u could get the front tires on it u could climb it...rockcrawling areas were limited but provided endless fun...the driving was way tilty and a pain in the city but offroad it was point on...now u cant even hardly drive up stairs with gta5...cannot climb small ledges...rockcrawl...the 2wd and flat suspension bottoms out on curbs,let alone crawling on the mnts in this game...all i wanted was something like the sandking in gta4..now that i got one its such a dissapointment...i could get my truck into places that took hours of practice to climb slow and not fall...now i cant find anything challenging to offroad and find my xbox turned off most of the time..i stood inline for hours to get this game...i find it pretty dissapointing

elias2012
  • elias2012

Master gangster

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:59 AM

Why would you want them to change the mechanics???? Personally, I think the driving mechanics are much more fun and less annoying. It's still hard, too so I don't want them to change anything about it. I think they should focus on the BIGGER things like awesome dlc's, updates, fixing glitches for gta online, and.... oh yeah, PC AND NEXT GEN!!!!!!!!!! 

xenorama
  • xenorama

Go Commando!

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:19 AM

Summary of topic:

-Handling and physics in IV were great but the cars barely steered.

-Handling and physics have been improved to a more "arcade-like" feel.

-People who talk about "arcade-like" feel seem to forget that the GTA series is a very "arcade-like" game franchise, not a simulator.

yungkazin
  • yungkazin

sour diesel

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:51 PM

either way y'all bout get game and will most likely buy the next one same dynamics or not

NeedleBanger
  • NeedleBanger

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 December 2013 - 04:03 AM Edited by NeedleBanger, 28 December 2013 - 04:03 AM.

This is the worst f*cking game I've ever played. Puts nothing but a frown on my face every single time I play it. f*cking trash game erases your cars like it's going out of style

Foppez„o
  • Foppez„o

Trick

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 28 December 2013 - 06:14 AM

Is it me, or have they already altered mechanics a little?.Cause compared with the beginning, they definitely chanced the driving mechanics of bikes,to less arcadish.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users