Photo

GET GTA V VEHICLE MECHANICS CHANGED BACK TO GTA IV

326 replies to this topic
simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:54 PM

The V mechanics have grown on me, but it is just too easy to be a good driver in GTA V, I liked how it took actual practice and time for you to be master the handling of IV. 

TargetPractice
  • TargetPractice

I know what I know

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:36 PM Edited by TargetPractice, 10 November 2013 - 11:52 PM.

Change the Mechanics, not just the vehicle mechanics!

How many effn times do I have to call the fmechanic to bring me a car?

6 times or more....... :miranda:

PandaLambpaws
  • PandaLambpaws

I'm a cat, I swear.

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:53 PM

IV's supercar handling (Turismo, Comet, Infernus, etc.) was good, the rest (especially SUV's) ALWAYS F**KING ROLL OVER WHEN I TURN IN IV. I just hated that. But I also agree to the fact that GTA 5 driving is arcady when it comes to supercars

Finally someone who acknowledges neither side struck the perfect balance.

Between the two I like GTA5 more. Not all of us can be car-enthusiast Gran-Turismo players. However I wish driving took a bit more skill for those of us who want a bit more to master.

Firebirdlmm79
  • Firebirdlmm79

BADMOFO

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:59 PM Edited by Firebirdlmm79, 10 November 2013 - 10:18 PM.

How many effn times do I have to call the fmechanic to bring me a car?

6 times or more....... :miranda:

Now that is something to complain about and maybe even start a petition for. I have gotten killed some many times by the cops because my dip sh*t mechanic couldnt bring me my car in time WTF! LOL 

Firebirdlmm79
  • Firebirdlmm79

BADMOFO

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 10:16 PM Edited by Firebirdlmm79, 10 November 2013 - 10:20 PM.

People will always find something to complain about no matter what there are probably threads on the GTA 4 section saying the GTA San Andreas driving was better lol  

Yeah there was, I remember.

Difference is this time the complaint actually comes from a feature being sh*t compared to the previous game, and not from people just being ignorant or useless at it.

Rest of your post doesn´t even deserve being quoted. Grow up, get some knowledge, and then come here and try to explain with on-topic reasons how on Earth 5´s driving is any good.

My post makes complete sense. I was not trying to explain how either system is better nor was I defending Gta 5 or GTA 4 I was pointing out how STUPID everyone is for complaining about something like this.

Maybe you should put down your DICK and the REMOTE and go learn reading comprehension kid because obviously you have NONE....  

TXF
  • TXF

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:22 PM

Honestly, I like the handling..I wouldn't want it changed. I do agree that there should be an OPTION though. I hated the handling in IV, I prefer arcadey easy to control cars.

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:53 AM

People will always find something to complain about no matter what there are probably threads on the GTA 4 section saying the GTA San Andreas driving was better lol  

Yeah there was, I remember.

Difference is this time the complaint actually comes from a feature being sh*t compared to the previous game, and not from people just being ignorant or useless at it.

Rest of your post doesn´t even deserve being quoted. Grow up, get some knowledge, and then come here and try to explain with on-topic reasons how on Earth 5´s driving is any good.

My post makes complete sense. I was not trying to explain how either system is better nor was I defending Gta 5 or GTA 4 I was pointing out how STUPID everyone is for complaining about something like this.

Chssst, chst, chst... calm down brat. I was explaining that even if there are always complaining about everything, sometimes complaints come from ignorance and sometimes they come from the product being bad, so you can´t equalize them and use it as an argument to show complaints are not justified. And if you think complaining about a poor product is stupid, well, that´s actually you being stupid.

Again, rest of your post doesn´t even deserve being quoted. Grow up, have some respect, and then try again.

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:58 AM

Finally someone who acknowledges neither side struck the perfect balance.

Between the two I like GTA5 more. Not all of us can be car-enthusiast Gran-Turismo players. However I wish driving took a bit more skill for those of us who want a bit more to master.

Everyone acknowlodges that. 4 had some issues. That isn´t one thought, bodyroll of soft suspension vehicles was OK.

What were the issues then? A vehicle riding a small wall got speed boosts, shifting weight constantly like a maniac in a bike gave you speed boost, and traction levels at low speed were too high (in 5 this is pretty well represented).

So don´t act as if people asking to get 4 back want a direct copy of it. We wanted 5 to be an improvement on 4, keeping the basics and removing the issues.

Anyway, that 4 had issues doesn´t take away from the fact that it got WAY closer to the sweetspot, so don´t try to equalize the efforts saying both were off, because one was inches off and the other is country miles off.

You can like whichever, I respect that, and you didn´t give false facts like "it´s more realistic" "it´s better" to justify it, so I´m OK with that.

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:33 PM Edited by xXGst0395Xx, 11 November 2013 - 09:46 PM.

I'm fine with the car handling, but the motorcycle handling is a SEVERE downgrade, even from 3D Era games. No longer can I do a cool 180 degree turn followed by a wheelie. Scratch that, I can barely do a wheelie anyway. While they can be fun to drive, it feels more like Saints Row than GTA. I don't know what happened here, GTA IV's motorcycle physics were almost perfect, all they need to do was use them with better turning.

• carmelo3 likes this

MootWizard
  • MootWizard

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:58 AM

Seriously? A Petition?

R* will not do anything about the gameplay physics. They are core physics, they will not change at all and I don't expect them to.

Your best bet is to wait for the PC version, mod it and then you can quit your driving mechanics whinge.

Candy Su3x
  • Candy Su3x

No one Su3x better than me

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:34 AM

Seriously? A Petition?

R* will not do anything about the gameplay physics. They are core physics, they will not change at all and I don't expect them to.

Your best bet is to wait for the PC version, mod it and then you can quit your driving mechanics whinge.

Of course R* will not do anything but they f*ck up the physics and the driving. PC??? I'm not gonna give money for another copy of GTA V (even if i can modded) and whats the point to play again in the PC? I'm done with GTA V! let's move on...and I hope Horses in RDR2 are not gonna be like Mario cart (thats what I'm waiting now from R*).

MootWizard
  • MootWizard

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:03 AM

Seriously? A Petition?

Of course R* will not do anything but they f*ck up the physics and the driving. PC??? I'm not gonna give money for another copy of GTA V (even if i can modded) and whats the point to play again in the PC? I'm done with GTA V! let's move on...and I hope Horses in RDR2 are not gonna be like Mario cart (thats what I'm waiting now from R*).

Oh jesus, people just need to calm down.

It's a game, I think the driving mechanics are fine, essentially just like any GTA except the traction is a bet better?

If you can't find any more bad things to whinge about then please don't whinge about what's actually alright with the game.

If you want real driving physics please buy a copy of Gran Turismo or Forza.

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:40 PM Edited by FasterThanYou, 12 November 2013 - 05:04 PM.

If you can't find any more bad things to whinge about then please don't whinge about what's actually alright with the game.

That has to be the most stupid argument used ever. So GTA has to be full of things to do, but all of them half-assed efforts. That´s the way you´d like it.

So if I want shooting better I buy Battlefield.

If I want Tennis, I better buy Virtua Tennis.

If I want to fly planes, a flight simulator.

If I want good driving, GT.

Aaaand as a result no one wants GTA because it´s full of lame content. Great.

No, they should make an effort to implement quality stuff, so they cater everybody, instead of filling it with poor content that won´t cater anyone.

Your argument beats the stupidity and bias of that TV ad in the game where they say windmills are evil and poor birds need us to go back to old energy sources.

Wake up, people only does activities if they´re good. No one is doing triathlons, while quite some people are playing tennis. Know why? Because their triathlon is lame, while their tennis (without lag) is quite decent.

The race lobbies in GTA4 were FULL for years. GTA 5 won´t get that unless they improve what they have now.

MootWizard
  • MootWizard

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:47 PM

That has to be the most stupid argument used ever. So GTA has to be full of things to do, but all of them half-assed efforts. That´s the way you´d like it.

So if I want shooting better I buy Battlefield.

If I want Tennis, I better buy Virtua Tennis.

If I want to fly planes, a flight simulator.

If I want good driving, GT.

Aaaand as a result no one wants GTA because it´s full of lame content. Great.

No, they should make an effort to implement quality stuff, so they cater everybody, instead of filling it with poor content that won´t cater anyone.

Your argument beats the stupidity and bias of that TV ad in the game where they say windmills are evil and poor birds need us to go back to old energy sources.

Wake up, people only does activities if they´re good. No one is doing triathlons, while quite some people are playing tennis. Know why? Because their triathlon is lame, while their tennis (without lag) is quite decent.

The race lobbies in GTA4 were FULL for years. GTA 5 won´t get that unless they improve what they have now.

Half assed efforts? 

I think R* has done a great job with GTA V, and just because everything isn't to simulator like standards you then start to complain.

I don't think they need to improve at all, the driving mechanics are what they are, instead of being a little bitch you should either just play the game for what it is, jump on the COD bandwagon if you haven't already or stop playing GTA V if it's such a problem to you.

Solutions are simple, people like you just look for anything to have a sook about.

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:43 PM Edited by FasterThanYou, 12 November 2013 - 11:45 PM.

But driving isn´t just "not simulator", it´s straight away "bad". That´s why everyone´s complaining.

GTA4 was VERY far from a full blown sim, but it was serious and sophisticated. It was coherent internally too. Car classes were balanced, there was nothing extremelly offset, everthing made SOME sense.

We don´t want a sim, we just want a game where the driving remotely resembles to actually driving cars/bikes whatever. This one doesn´t.

Braking distances are ridiculous. Performance from every single car class is waaay too high. There´s no weight and no momentum. Steering sensitivity and extreme front grip combo are unbareable.

Problem is not that we want a sim, problem is you probably have sh*t standards. And keeping this in mind, your go play CoD remark doesn´t make too much sense. You´re much more likely to find that game "good" than me given the way you think.

elmo87
  • elmo87

Hustler

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:11 PM

Smh... U guys still crying over the driving in this game. I doubt r* does anything about it , and they shouldn't. Majority of the players in this game like the driving . Why should r* fix something that's not broken . Adapt to the game and learn to deal with it. Btw r* will not allow modders to have their way like they did in gta IV . Unlike gta IV GTA V online is mission based , modding would ruin the playability of the game . R* will not let that happened. The whole point of the cloud servers is to Avoid modders.

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:09 PM

Of course we´re complaining, the game is way worse in this aspect than it could have been, they´ve showed in the past they have the skill to give us something way better, so of course we´ll be asking that level of quality back.

Why should Rockstar fix something that isn´t broken? Well, it´s called progress. You try to be better everytime you try something new as hardware and know-how evolves. GTA San Andreas wasn´t broken, and 4 came and they improved a lot of things. They improved something that wasn´t broken. That´s what they should have done in 5: improving 4´s shortcommings.

PS: That "I doubt R* does anything", you´ve already got that one wrong before. They changed the way steering worked, broken or not, because it was lame. So you better shut up on that one, so maybe you don´t have to embarrass yourself again claiming the driving is unchanged when the next improvement comes.

GTAbaz
  • GTAbaz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:52 PM

the vehicle handling in gta 4 was the reason i stopped playing it!

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:18 PM

the vehicle handling in gta 4 was the reason i stopped playing it!

It was also the reason why millions of people kept playing it till the release of this one.

• GothamWinterWarz likes this

beretta-gt88
  • beretta-gt88

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:39 PM

I played GTA IV. The driving was nice, but I like V's better.

I dont like the driving in V, its not that its "bad" really. It just feels utilitarian. You can drive, turn, go fast, escape from the popo etc. However you cannot do any of that with any amount of flair or excess.

If your flying down a road and there is a corner you can turn and you will go around the corner. You wont drift, or have a close call or anything.

If your coming up on an intersection and your light turns red as you go through you can stop, from full speed, before you hit any cars without problem or anything. You just stop.

You cannot drift, do doughnuts, slide, fishtail, etc. It just feels like it was made to get you from point a to point b quickly and efficiently...

IV was not really realistic, but it was fun. Running from the cops was like an action movie chase scene. It was fun and you had options. Now when you drive, you simply go fast, its easy and its efficient, but not fun.

Now turn on the sliding cars cheat. Its harder, and you cant go as fast, but suddenly you can do things that cars can normally do, but cant in the game. You mash the gas as you take off and your peeling out, fishtailing down the road for a bit. If your more gentle with the gas you just take off quickly. When you come up to a turn, you can fling the car into the turn and it will slide tail out while you countersteer and gas, if your good and not doing anything really crazy you will get through sliding tail out and continue down the road. You could also just slow down a bit and go through the corner normally. You can drift, do doughnuts, and even driving off road feels different than on road driving.

I challenge anyone to turn on the cheat, drive around and get used to it for a while, then go back to the "normal" driving and tell me it doesnt feel like a "super grip cheat."

No offence but, if you want realisim go play Forza or GT5 !  The handling is just fine the way it is, the handling in GTA IV was like driving vehicles with worn out brakes and suspension and the camera never stuck to the back of the car like it does now. I think R* should leave it as it is :)

PlanetaryUnfolding
  • PlanetaryUnfolding

atlas novus

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:00 PM

I dont like the driving in V, its not that its "bad" really. It just feels utilitarian. You can drive, turn, go fast, escape from the popo etc. However you cannot do any of that with any amount of flair or excess.

If your flying down a road and there is a corner you can turn and you will go around the corner. You wont drift, or have a close call or anything.

If your coming up on an intersection and your light turns red as you go through you can stop, from full speed, before you hit any cars without problem or anything. You just stop.

You cannot drift, do doughnuts, slide, fishtail, etc. It just feels like it was made to get you from point a to point b quickly and efficiently...

IV was not really realistic, but it was fun. Running from the cops was like an action movie chase scene. It was fun and you had options. Now when you drive, you simply go fast, its easy and its efficient, but not fun.

Now turn on the sliding cars cheat. Its harder, and you cant go as fast, but suddenly you can do things that cars can normally do, but cant in the game. You mash the gas as you take off and your peeling out, fishtailing down the road for a bit. If your more gentle with the gas you just take off quickly. When you come up to a turn, you can fling the car into the turn and it will slide tail out while you countersteer and gas, if your good and not doing anything really crazy you will get through sliding tail out and continue down the road. You could also just slow down a bit and go through the corner normally. You can drift, do doughnuts, and even driving off road feels different than on road driving.

I challenge anyone to turn on the cheat, drive around and get used to it for a while, then go back to the "normal" driving and tell me it doesnt feel like a "super grip cheat."

No offence but, if you want realisim go play Forza or GT5 !  The handling is just fine the way it is, the handling in GTA IV was like driving vehicles with worn out brakes and suspension and the camera never stuck to the back of the car like it does now. I think R* should leave it as it is :)

camera doesn't stay behind the vehicles in IV?  i'm guessing you're not aware that the right joystick controls the camera movements, eh?  its quite simple. steer the car with the left joystick, control the camera with the right. works beautifully if you have even a rudimentary grasp on hand-eye coordination.

• Lazyboy. likes this

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:21 PM

Another of these idiots. 

So driving can be bad because people wanting good driving has to go to Forza.

So shooting can be bad because people wanting good shooting has to buy Battlefield.

So tennis can be bad because people wanting good tennis has to buy Virtua tennis.

Sooo, in your opinion, GTA has to be a game full of activities but all of them can be a half-assed effort. A game full of content, any of it being satisfying. Sounds pretty sh*t, uh?

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:29 PM

In a few months all these casuals who love V handling will have gone back to CoD or whatever they play these days, and then R* should be free to fix GTAV's handling and turn it into a GTA that will last us real fans another 4-5 years, just like IV.

carmelo3
  • carmelo3

Prankster

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:35 PM

I'm fine with the car handling, but the motorcycle handling is a SEVERE downgrade, even from 3D Era games. 

Precisely this, I dont have any problems with the car handling. But the motorbike handling is an absolute disgrace.....like you say, it's even a step down from 3D era bike handling.  

• xXGst0395Xx likes this

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

Police Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:36 PM

Jesus, its just a damn videogame.

Its not like you're driving a real car and it turns out to be half assed, its just visuals, if you want to see your virtual representation of a sports car feeling so heavy like if it was a Heavy Cargo Truck then you can go back to what ''REAL'' (There is no real fans)  fans call IV.

If you want your Heavy Cargo Truck to be midly slow yet really responsive then you can keep going and play V.

I just don't see why people have to complaint, about picking up the controller and and seeing how your virtual car turns out to be response and it takes no ''Skills'' to drive.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:38 PM Edited by StingrayX, 13 November 2013 - 11:39 PM.

No offence but, if you want realisim go play Forza or GT5 !

Oh god please shut up with this dumbass moronic argument:

If you want shooting go play CoD

If you want tanks go play Battlefield

If you want Customization go play MCLA

If you want golf go play a golfing game

etc

It doesn't f*cking work so stop using that thoughtless, invalid argument. And your opinion about "how it's fine the way it is" is just an opinion, not a fact. You people kill me. Why don't you just think before you post?

@Above: It's a f*cking forum, if you can't see why people complain then get off the internet!

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:51 PM Edited by xXGst0395Xx, 13 November 2013 - 11:59 PM.

In a few months all these casuals who love V handling will have gone back to CoD or whatever they play these days, and then R* should be free to fix GTAV's handling and turn it into a GTA that will last us real fans another 4-5 years, just like IV.

I guess I'm not a "real" fan then if I'm okay with V's handling. Sorry, but people will have different thoughts on the handling, doesn't make them any less of a GTA fan. That is a pretty closed-minded statement tbh.

And no, I actually don't play CoD.

PedoneRosso
  • PedoneRosso

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:56 PM Edited by PedoneRosso, 13 November 2013 - 11:57 PM.

To me, in GTA IV cars' control seemed awful: I had the distinct impression of trying to control a vehicle travelling on a wet plastic sheet (if you ever had a secure-driving course or trial with a no-traction/brake-control-car, you'll understand what I mean).

Maybe some of the difference is justified by the times the two games take place in, when V shows more electronic control as in todays' cars vs. IV whose vehicles had none whatsoever?

Anyway, if some of you is old enough to have played some 2D driving games in a bar, when you have a steering wheel and pedals and all, THAT kind of "arcade" unrealism was much much more similar to the control you had on GTA IV's vehicles than what you get when you drive in GTA V, imho.

I mean: to me it almost seems like the focal point of the GTA IV drive aficionados is the level of challenge in mastering it, rather than in the actual realism.

(NOT speaking about damage vs. collisions, here: GTA IV was more realistic in how fast a car was destroyed for sure, in this aspect... But personally I prefer GTA V's non-realistic resistence of the vehicles, especially when so much of the map is trafficless countryside)

beretta-gt88
  • beretta-gt88

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:39 AM

Another of these idiots. 

So driving can be bad because people wanting good driving has to go to Forza.

So shooting can be bad because people wanting good shooting has to buy Battlefield.

So tennis can be bad because people wanting good tennis has to buy Virtua tennis.

Sooo, in your opinion, GTA has to be a game full of activities but all of them can be a half-assed effort. A game full of content, any of it being satisfying. Sounds pretty sh*t, uh?

I understand what your saying, I believe all upgrades at LS Customs need to actually work, not just acceleration. I'm wondering if this petition will make a difference or not. I hope you get what you want. I want the Imponte Dukes from GTA IV but it won't happen :(

MootWizard
  • MootWizard

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:53 AM

Seriously, it's a game.

Do you really want to keep whinging? Does it mean that much to you honestly?

Not to sound like a 12 year old but jesus, get a life.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users