» «
Photo

GET GTA V VEHICLE MECHANICS CHANGED BACK TO GTA IV

326 replies to this topic
nikbwfc
  • nikbwfc

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:11 PM Edited by nikbwfc, 19 September 2013 - 11:51 PM.

Sign this petition to try to get R* to change or at least give the option to have vehicle mechanics/physics like they were in GTA IV. If enough people sign it, maybe R* will see this and add a patch because they care about their customers.

http://www.change.or...=share_petition

It only takes a minute and with the number of signatures constantly rising their is a good chance R* will see it.
  • UnInC likes this

Jaymz92
  • Jaymz92

Black Sabbath

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:18 PM

There's apparently a cheat to change vehicle physics to be similar to IV, if you want to waste your money repairing your car all the time

• Get_Head_Ed, trevorwillkillu and ii-AT0MiC_BaTe like this

zakace
  • zakace

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:18 PM

oh wow a petition, a lot is going to happen now  :catspider:

• Gantons Most Wanted, EyeMacHunt and vozi45 like this

tooformay
  • tooformay

master of corny jokes

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:23 PM

I seriously don't get how people says cars doesn't take damage and they're "glued" to the road. Maybe I'm just terrible driver but my cars gets absolutely wrecked all the time. I literally have to change car every 2 minutes because it's undriveable due to a crash which made my car turn like a f*cking wheelbarrow. Also when I was running away from cops with a forklift every time I hit a cop car it got big dents on 'em. Stop saying driving is arcade/arcadish, it's just probably your own stupidity.

• Syntaxis, goathead and TommyK154 like this

MurdocisGod1990
  • MurdocisGod1990

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:24 PM

GTA IV handling sucked ASS. This game is a breath of fresh air. FINALLY I can make a left turn without spinning out and loosing ALL of my speed. 

• Assassin101 and SprayNpray like this

DocPip
  • DocPip

Trick

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:25 PM

Driving is fine. Peeps moaning are just sh*t at it. FACT.
  • Syntaxis and marceldacs like this

nikbwfc
  • nikbwfc

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:27 PM

But it is f*cking arcadey, you can take a shasrp corner at about 100mph and when you brake you stop almost instantly. Just because some people can't drive doesn't mean its not arcadey
  • namyzarc, Boxman108 and jagcivtec like this

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:29 PM

So I have to get a sh*t game because you guys can´t drive? Pft. That´s the thinking that ruined F1 series by Codemasters.

• Boxman108, jagcivtec, Scoobroid and 1 other like this

EditingYourMouth
  • EditingYourMouth

I saw that new GTA game, Midnight Club : Los Santos

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:40 PM

GTA IV's physics take more skill. GTAV is for the weak noobs.

• namyzarc, D1RTYŽ, kvic and 7 others like this

nosyd
  • nosyd

www.maturevideogamer.co.uk

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:46 PM

GTA IV handling sucked ASS. This game is a breath of fresh air. FINALLY I can make a left turn without spinning out and loosing ALL of my speed. 

My thoughts exactly. The game is so much better for it.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:50 PM

If you had that problem in IV then wow you honestly cannot frikkin' drive and probably think julting the joystick left and right without much thought is the way to drive. :sui:

• carsupra, namyzarc, kvic and 4 others like this

Piramic
  • Piramic

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:50 PM

Its NOT the physics. The core physics is fine because if you put in the sliding cars cheat the cars handle OK. Its just that all the vehicles have WAY WAY too much grip in the tires. That is why it only takes 1 second for them to accelerate and the same to stop. Give it a try, go find a car and get it to top speed, then start braking at an intersection, you will stop before getting to the other side. Also the steering is instant, by that I mean the speed which the front wheels turn from lock to lock. In a real car it takes time to turn the wheel, here, its as fast as you can move the stick. When you combine the insane grip with the super fast turning it makes for a really arcadey "point and shoot" racing game.

Not that it matters because I doubt they will do anything, but all they need to do to fix it is give the cars slightly more grip than the sliding cars cheat and make it take a around a second to two seconds to move the wheels to opposite lock...

• namyzarc, D1RTYŽ, Boxman108 and 1 other like this

Eire2011
  • Eire2011

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:54 PM Edited by Eire2011, 18 September 2013 - 07:49 AM.

I fully agree with you, and I think such a solution is a fantastic idea. Although we all may not agree with each other on the actual topic, I think it would be the fairest action that Rockstar could take to at least allow us the option of choice. I would be deeply shocked if they decide to completely ignore this issue, as they are a very transparent gaming company that do listen to the people. I for one sincerely hope that they do rectify it as soon as they possibly can, because the longer they allow it to continue on as it is the sense of frustration and disappointment will only become more and more widespread.      

• Boxman108 and jagcivtec like this

Assassin101
  • Assassin101

Professional GTA assassin

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:20 AM

Its NOT the physics. The core physics is fine because if you put in the sliding cars cheat the cars handle OK. Its just that all the vehicles have WAY WAY too much grip in the tires. That is why it only takes 1 second for them to accelerate and the same to stop. Give it a try, go find a car and get it to top speed, then start braking at an intersection, you will stop before getting to the other side. Also the steering is instant, by that I mean the speed which the front wheels turn from lock to lock. In a real car it takes time to turn the wheel, here, its as fast as you can move the stick. When you combine the insane grip with the super fast turning it makes for a really arcadey "point and shoot" racing game.

Not that it matters because I doubt they will do anything, but all they need to do to fix it is give the cars slightly more grip than the sliding cars cheat and make it take a around a second to two seconds to move the wheels to opposite lock...

Rockstar received a lot of backlash on the GTA 4, especially the loose driving mechanics so I suspect that's why in this game, they made the vehicles stick to the ground a lot more than before. But I get what you're saying, you want a medium.

• Costar likes this

line of chop
  • line of chop

Playa

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:24 AM

You can stick your petition up yout sh*tbox,

• Syntaxis likes this

Alsith
  • Alsith

Party!

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:26 AM

I played GTA IV. The driving was nice, but I like V's better.

• Syntaxis and Reaper_Blast like this

Piramic
  • Piramic

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:19 AM

I played GTA IV. The driving was nice, but I like V's better.

I dont like the driving in V, its not that its "bad" really. It just feels utilitarian. You can drive, turn, go fast, escape from the popo etc. However you cannot do any of that with any amount of flair or excess.

If your flying down a road and there is a corner you can turn and you will go around the corner. You wont drift, or have a close call or anything.

If your coming up on an intersection and your light turns red as you go through you can stop, from full speed, before you hit any cars without problem or anything. You just stop.

You cannot drift, do doughnuts, slide, fishtail, etc. It just feels like it was made to get you from point a to point b quickly and efficiently...

IV was not really realistic, but it was fun. Running from the cops was like an action movie chase scene. It was fun and you had options. Now when you drive, you simply go fast, its easy and its efficient, but not fun.

Now turn on the sliding cars cheat. Its harder, and you cant go as fast, but suddenly you can do things that cars can normally do, but cant in the game. You mash the gas as you take off and your peeling out, fishtailing down the road for a bit. If your more gentle with the gas you just take off quickly. When you come up to a turn, you can fling the car into the turn and it will slide tail out while you countersteer and gas, if your good and not doing anything really crazy you will get through sliding tail out and continue down the road. You could also just slow down a bit and go through the corner normally. You can drift, do doughnuts, and even driving off road feels different than on road driving.

I challenge anyone to turn on the cheat, drive around and get used to it for a while, then go back to the "normal" driving and tell me it doesnt feel like a "super grip cheat."

• D1RTYŽ and jagcivtec like this

lucifieraies
  • lucifieraies

Hustler

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:04 AM

Nobody cares its new mechAnics in the whole game stop bitching start playing u just been playing IV for so long your use to it. Accept it nd f*cking playing you'll learn
  • Gantons Most Wanted likes this

XxxWestSideXxx
  • XxxWestSideXxx

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:07 AM

Driving ain't hard in this game at all, just take some getting use to

Limiter
  • Limiter

GTA Modder

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:10 AM

The driving in V is not hard in my opinion. But it feels like some sort of driving game for kids.

• ds5384 and jagcivtec like this

XxxWestSideXxx
  • XxxWestSideXxx

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:11 AM

Hell yeah nigga

Crimson Engage
  • Crimson Engage

LCPD

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:21 AM

I think people are missing the point. Its not that the driving is hard. Its the opposite. It's too easy and forgiving.

If you hit a corner going around a turn in your Futo it doesn't flip like in gta 4. And if it did that in gta 5 then all you have to do is flip the car back over by sitting in it. Its f*cking lame.

Oooh look i botched and hit a hill that should force my car to land upside down... ohh wait... i can control the car mid air so i have nothing to worry about. There is ZERO suspense...

• booyakasha, jagcivtec and vozi45 like this

YaDoesntHaveToCallMeRay
  • YaDoesntHaveToCallMeRay

Releasing The Inner Geek

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:24 AM

Sign this petition to try to get R* to change or at least give the option to have vehicle mechanics/physics like they were in GTA IV. If enough people sign it, maybe R* will see this and add a patch.

http://www.change.or...=share_petition

What? GTA IV handling was realistic? LMMFAO!

Limiter
  • Limiter

GTA Modder

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:28 AM

I think people are missing the point. Its not that the driving is hard. Its the opposite. It's too easy and forgiving.

If you hit a corner going around a turn in your Futo it doesn't flip like in gta 4. And if it did that in gta 5 then all you have to do is flip the car back over by sitting in it. Its f*cking lame.

Oooh look i botched and hit a hill that should force my car to land upside down... ohh wait... i can control the car mid air so i have nothing to worry about. There is ZERO suspense...

I hear you on this. I agree, many think that the reason why people complain is because its hard when it is not.

• jagcivtec likes this

xX ApexPredator
  • xX ApexPredator

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:45 AM

GTA IV's physics take more skill. GTAV is for the weak noobs.

Then return your copy and go play GTA 4. One less person to hear bitching when GTA:O goes live.
  • Syntaxis likes this

Raspy
  • Raspy

Driver

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:05 AM

V's driving is extremely sh*t. Anyone who who says otherwise is also sh*t and probably a 13 year old kid who just spawned the first few hairs on his top lip. 

V's driving is like playing midnight club, or even worse... Burnout. Driving in IV required skill. How the car accelerated (fast/slow) depended entirely on how you treated R2/RT. You could even change gears quicker by releasing R2 for a split second, drift, and more. V on the other hand is for all those who say IV was sh*t. Those that just hit the trigger and tried to drive round corners at 90mph, and failed. Those who don't know how a car really works. Those whose only experience of a car is sitting in the passenger seat of their mom's Maibatsu mini van on the way to school. 

Clearly R* have gone for the 16 and under category here. It's cool though. You get over it after a bit. The game has a lot to offer in terms of other stuff so it distracts you for a little while. Really though, apart from the midnight club/burnout aspect of the game they did a rather splendid job.

Well done, R*

PS - If you don't like my opinion then it doesn't really matter and your mom probably looks like Big Smoke. Go toss a salad. 

• kvbrock82, duffmiver, LittleWing5683 and 2 others like this

Richard378
  • Richard378

Busta

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:06 AM

I'd rather not.

Democrab
  • Democrab

Tornado of Souls

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:01 AM

God no, GTA IVs driving physics were horrible...I was driving a sports car, not a cruise liner.

• Syntaxis likes this

BigMarty1987
  • BigMarty1987

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:05 AM

Moving ahead people, the old driving mechanic was terrible. Deal with it!!!!!

jato4x4
  • jato4x4

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:23 AM

The car/ truck driving isn't bad at all. The bikes on the other hand, are rediculous. No weight shifting to do burnout or good wheelie. Even four wheelers can't do a wheelie at all. That's my only gripe. Everything else is great. Trucks in the desert and woods are great fun. Especially that sand rail.
  • Syntaxis likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users