Ya'll look like a bunch of idiots now

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic
Udrift
  • Udrift

SA Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:49 PM

AT 0:45 seconds, this car is doing 67.1 MPH through the slalom. It does pretty good, but tell me again how you can get your tires to slide in real life? He is turning the wheel hard. I bet at 90mph, he would roll. Not going 30mph and trying his best not to spin out. In a front wheel drive car. Because that would be arcade.

This is shvt that you should notice in everyday life. Physics. Not because you saw an action movie with a 300 horsepower 70s muscle car and a stunt driver blow through a corner hitting the ebrake and then hitting the gas, sliding for TWO seconds.

I understand. Both GTA and the movie are both on a screen. Yeah, I see taxis spinning out all the time. In fact, when I drive down the highway, most cars spin out. Going around corners in the city, I always thought they maybe roll, but they just spin out, like they are on ice. I have this one friend, he says he HAS NEVER SEEN A CAR SPIN OUT IN REAL LIFE. Good thing only one person I know that HASN'T SEEN A CAR SPIN OUT IN REAL LIFE. He doesn't get out much though.

So tell me. does this video look arcade?

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:50 PM

What?

Qwerty_jam11
  • Qwerty_jam11

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:52 PM

Roskstar should patch the driving in real life  :santa:

• IDredMan and Udrift like this

TenaciousDougie
  • TenaciousDougie

Game Never Over

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:53 PM

I am so over this argument but you sir have made a good point with the video. The physics are good and not like arcade. (What ever the f*ck that means anyway)

nekkidhillbilly
  • nekkidhillbilly

gta vigi game

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:56 PM Edited by nekkidhillbilly, 17 September 2013 - 10:56 PM.

anybody that uses words handbrake curve  and realistic together should be shot

• Canoxa likes this

Udrift
  • Udrift

SA Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:56 PM

Tired of all the thread about driving. No real substance behind them.

Watch this video from 2:00 to 2:03 minutes.

The car is going not more than 15 mph. It makes a 30 foot skid. Doesn't get any more arcade than that. See the video in the op for reference.

Majestic123
  • Majestic123

Thug

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:57 PM Edited by Majestic123, 17 September 2013 - 10:58 PM.

I don't mind the driving in V. But rockstar lied when they said its more realistic and not arcadish. I was pulling sharp right turns at 100mp+ A simple tap of x and almost call cars do a perfect drift at very high speeds.  I think I prefer the driving in 5, but the damage is just badddd. 

• Udrift likes this

saintsrow4rocks
  • saintsrow4rocks

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:57 PM

YES THIS JUST PROVES IV DRIVING IS CRAP AND EVERYONE WHO SAYS CONTRARY IS A f*ckING FANBOY IDIOT

Racer__X
  • Racer__X

@DeejayJeanP

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:58 PM

It's not the physics, its the freaking handling they f*cked up. One little move on the joystick makes the car turn with 10 G's. THAT'S what they messed up, and the car sticking to the road to much when driving over bumpy terrains

• Udrift likes this

Udrift
  • Udrift

SA Enthusiast

• Members

Quoted for accuracy I guess? Read much?

SOHC_VTEC
  • SOHC_VTEC

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:58 PM Edited by SOHC_VTEC, 17 September 2013 - 11:00 PM.

Hey guys, I was real disappointed about the driving after enjoying 4 and being a 12 year gran turismo series fan. However, that being said, today I wanted to give another shot, because the on foot mechanics although not perfect, missing crouch, is a improvement over 4 in ways. And the shooting is pretty awesome.

Anyway, I tried again and the driving really ruins the experience, not even gonna get into offroading, it's too much MCLA(even the sounds of the city), then I saw a cheat code, "slidey cars". And man oh man, it's similar to 4 now, just missing the crash effects.

Definitely wasn't worth the hype, but still has a ton of potential!!

Slidey cars
While playing the game, quickly press Triangle, R1(2), Left, R1, L1, R2, L1.
Disables achievements for the session

Try this for those of you that think its too grippy and report back with your thoughts!

AlasClarin
  • AlasClarin

Mack Pimp

• Members

This has nothing to do with GTA V handling, are you retarded?

nekkidhillbilly
  • nekkidhillbilly

gta vigi game

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:01 PM

wasnt toward you  was to all the members who talk about how realistic driving was in 4 then they go pull the handbrake and slide around a curve. yeah i do that so much in my duramax

Udrift
  • Udrift

SA Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:05 PM Edited by Udrift, 17 September 2013 - 11:06 PM.

I don't think V is super realistic, but less unrealistic in a certain way. The cars do not look good going over bumps and other things, but I think I will be happy about it. The motorcycles look bad, but hopefully they are fun.

I am just hoping their is some good drifting like this.

eQGkP5si8rg

It looks like there might be, this is the best video so far, looks like a real nice driving area too.

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:06 PM

Not that it makes any difference at all in the least, but that BMW328i is probably running AWD package. 

• Udrift likes this

Racer__X
  • Racer__X

@DeejayJeanP

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:07 PM

The car is going not more than 15 mph. It makes a 30 foot skid. Doesn't get any more arcade than that. See the video in the op for reference.

YES THIS JUST PROVES IV DRIVING IS CRAP AND EVERYONE WHO SAYS CONTRARY IS A f*ckING FANBOY IDIOT

You can see him skidding from driving something like 80 KM/H, like 45 MP/H, he corrects it, and then pulls the handbrake.. What's your point?

And to the saints row idiot, if they are fanboys, wouldn't they just love the controls and handling anyway, nonetheless? Dumbass.

boxmonster
  • boxmonster

Disinformation Agent

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mapping Los Santos]

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:07 PM

Car was going at least 40mph and accelerating while turning. Point invalidated.

nekkidhillbilly
  • nekkidhillbilly

gta vigi game

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:09 PM

drifiting ah yes i remember when it was called trying to look cool in a parking lot. something else that is very unrealistic at 100mph on the highway.

saintsrow4rocks
  • saintsrow4rocks

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

You can see him skidding from driving something like 80 KM/H, like 45 MP/H, he corrects it, and then pulls the handbrake.. What's your point?

And to the saints row idiot, if they are fanboys, wouldn't they just love the controls and handling anyway, nonetheless? Dumbass.

WHY ARE YOU STILL TRYING TO PROVE THAT GTA IV HANDLING IS GOOD? IT'S CRAP EVERYONE KNOWS IT ALLREADY

Udrift
  • Udrift

SA Enthusiast

• Members

wasnt toward you  was to all the members who talk about how realistic driving was in 4 then they go pull the handbrake and slide around a curve. yeah i do that so much in my duramax

My fault Sir.

Anyway, it is about GTA V in the fact that the driving keeps on being brought up. The video in the OP, lends credence towards V being more realistic than IV. I'm so tired of every thread turning into this debate. I think the offroad looks really unrealistic, but fun.

I'm still waiting on the Army to deliver my CE, so I got another week until I can play.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:10 PM

He's using cheats, which invalidates your argument.

Gigabomber
  • Gigabomber

Infinite Ammo Amorous

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:12 PM Edited by Gigabomber, 17 September 2013 - 11:13 PM.

It looks like there might be, this is the best video so far, looks like a real nice driving area too.

Guy said this is with the cheat. Pretty much spoils the idea of drifting then.

Frankly, I think he needs more horsepower and commitment.

We'll see: it's day 1.

Udrift
  • Udrift

SA Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:13 PM

drifiting ah yes i remember when it was called trying to look cool in a parking lot. something else that is very unrealistic at 100mph on the highway.

Speaking of drifting and trying to look cool in the parking lot.

nekkidhillbilly
  • nekkidhillbilly

gta vigi game

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:19 PM

did the same once with furniture dollys. not had a fwd in 15 years so idk.

• Udrift likes this

Udrift
  • Udrift

SA Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:22 PM

Can't tell if joking or not.

It seems like a lot of people are really used to playing IV. While I agree that it looks like the suspension on V leaves something to be desired, these people are just so used to the stuff like in the IV video I posted. Right after he spins out going 15mph, at the 2:05 mark, look at the body roll.

If you look at the ground and sidewalk, it still looks like he is going 15-20mph. I take corners that fast in real life in my car. I don't have body roll like that.....at 20mph. I don't even pull anything close to the video in the OP, and his car at 70mph doesn't get that kind of body roll.

So these people are used to playing IV, and are closed minded, and they KEEP on talking about realism, and physics, and petitions to patch the driving.

boxmonster
  • boxmonster

Disinformation Agent

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mapping Los Santos]

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:34 PM

Can't tell if joking or not.

It seems like a lot of people are really used to playing IV. While I agree that it looks like the suspension on V leaves something to be desired, these people are just so used to the stuff like in the IV video I posted. Right after he spins out going 15mph, at the 2:05 mark, look at the body roll.

If you look at the ground and sidewalk, it still looks like he is going 15-20mph. I take corners that fast in real life in my car. I don't have body roll like that.....at 20mph. I don't even pull anything close to the video in the OP, and his car at 70mph doesn't get that kind of body roll.

So these people are used to playing IV, and are closed minded, and they KEEP on talking about realism, and physics, and petitions to patch the driving.

IV isn't realistic, it just exaggerates reality to the point I think it becomes fun. I think fluidity always trumps stone-like animation, it's just better to look at and interact with not to mention it looks more professional.

snacker111
  • snacker111

GTA

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:36 PM

I don't think V is super realistic, but less unrealistic in a certain way. The cars do not look good going over bumps and other things, but I think I will be happy about it. The motorcycles look bad, but hopefully they are fun.

I am just hoping their is some good drifting like this.

eQGkP5si8rg

you realize thats with a cheat right

dantheman9856
  • dantheman9856

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:33 PM

did you know you can do more damage to a care by kicking in the sides of it than you can by running it into a wall? I wasn't too picky about the damage until i discovered this.  Try it, kick in the tires with your foot. Your car will be as if it was totaled and will barely move.

• Udrift likes this

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• United-Kingdom
  • Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013
    Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Helpfulness Award [GTAF]

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:35 PM

http://gtaforums.com...ics-discussion/

• Udrift likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic