Photo

Xbox 360 - Game Keeps Freezing on Franklin's 1st Mission

1,190 replies to this topic
pure_griim
  • pure_griim

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:50 PM

About 4 years ago I ran into this problem with a 20gig hard drive on forza Motorsport 3 and nowim having this same problem with this game on a 120gig it seems to be something about the fact that its having to load so much info from the hard drive and is just burning out the drive

KingReflex
  • KingReflex

Veteran Fighter Pilot and Wall Glitcher

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:29 PM

PS3 BLU RAY FTW MWAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!

GTA1002
  • GTA1002

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:45 PM

unfortunally my enthousiasm is short... 

After shutting down and starting up the console, no more gta5 ... :-(

GTA1002
  • GTA1002

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:37 PM

unfortunally my enthousiasm is short... 

After shutting down and starting up the console, no more gta5 ... :-(

Well,

I i've made a chat today with a microsoft xbox guy on the support site of microsoft. 

He had a solution for the issue.

• clear all GTA V content form the hard drive
  • clear system cache
  • install an other game on the hard drive
  • after that, install GTA 5
  • When done, play GTA 5.

He said that the problem is something with the HDD and GTA 5. When installing an other game, you use the space wich was used by GTA5. Then you install the GTA5 game on 'new space' of the HDD. Something with bad sectors created by GTA5.

Sounds a bit weird, but, I've played the whole afternoon, rebooting and changing games, and for now it works?

Someone got any experience with this same solution?

hesselgren
  • hesselgren

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:03 PM

sounds like a new explanation.

but why does it work on install nr 2 but not 1? should be just the same thing on a new "spot" on the hdd..

why is there the same problem when you install on usb?

allso my new xbox slim works awsome btw! just plugged in the usb that i had installed gta on, on my old crapbox.. not even installed on the new console.

GTA1002
  • GTA1002

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:22 PM

sounds like a new explanation.

but why does it work on install nr 2 but not 1? should be just the same thing on a new "spot" on the hdd..

why is there the same problem when you install on usb?

allso my new xbox slim works awsome btw! just plugged in the usb that i had installed gta on, on my old crapbox.. not even installed on the new console.

Unfortunally,

After doing a few missions, the xbox crashes again. Error "Disc Unreadable" .... 

Now chatting again with microsoft, but my feeling says there is less hope ... 

hesselgren
  • hesselgren

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:42 AM

oh the disc unreadable sounds more like discdrive being crappy? try to install playdisc?, i have both discs installed.

the most common freezing issue is located to gpu..

Gypsykat0585
  • Gypsykat0585

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:57 AM

I've got a nasty feeling that this is going to be an issue with the older consoles... No sign of anyone with a newer version having this problem.

I have an older console 120 gb and the first week or so we had the game it crashed a million times at anytime. Haven't had any problems for a couple moths now but all of a sudden it keeps crashing and resetting. I've NEVER been able to play on online mode. The furthest I've got was just starting to make the character and it reset itself, now I can't even get that far, it just keeps resisting or freezing. And when it resets itself it only loads back up as story mode.

GTA1002
  • GTA1002

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 07:37 AM

No sollution from R★ yet?

Raiden雷電
  • Raiden雷電

I Am Lightning, The Rain Transformed

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:24 PM

Nope. Probably never will be either.

• GTA1002 likes this

GTA1002
  • GTA1002

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:34 PM

Buy a new xbox?

Raiden雷電
  • Raiden雷電

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:40 PM

Buy a new xbox?

Well if it's just that particular game that's causing the trouble, honestly it isn't worth it. But if you are a huge GTA fan like myself, then yes that would be the best thing to do, but there is no guarantee it'll work right though, some people are having problems on the Xbox slim as well. I guess you just have to be lucky.

GTA1002
  • GTA1002

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:51 PM

Buy a new xbox?
Well if it's just that particular game that's causing the trouble, honestly it isn't worth it. But if you are a huge GTA fan like myself, then yes that would be the best thing to do, but there is no guarantee it'll work right though, some people are having problems on the Xbox slim as well. I guess you just have to be lucky.

Ooo.. thought it was just the older xboxes whithout hdmi connection?
Im am also a great gta fan... but there is no quarantee that a brand new xbox will work fine ??

Raiden雷電
  • Raiden雷電

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:15 PM

Buy a new xbox?

Im am also a great gta fan... but there is no quarantee that a brand new xbox will work fine ??

I have an old Xbox 360 myself. A Jasper 2009 model and have no problems since I got GTA V at all for about 2 months now. I do however get a little FPS drop sometimes but I believe it is normal for a game of this size. The game should work fine, but i'm not really sure since some people also have problems with the game on the slim model. There are also some rare cases on the PS3 bundle version where there is the same problem as the Xbox version. I'd say give it a go and buy a new Xbox, it should work. If I were you i'd get a warranty for it in case it doesn't, that way you can return it and get one that does work. If you don't feel like doing that, Clean your Xbox 360 out with either a vacuum (works like a dream every time) or use an Air compressor to blow it all out .(works just as good, but won't get it all out since it's not being sucked out like a vacuum would.) This technique should work. If it doesn't, delete some files off of your 360 or HDD/Flash drive and clear the cache. Then format it. I have done all of these things and the game works flawlessly most of the time for me now.

Good luck to you my friend smiley-talk008.gif

GTA1002
  • GTA1002

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:59 AM

Buy a new xbox?

I have an old Xbox 360 myself. A Jasper 2009 model and have no problems since I got GTA V at all for about 2 months now. I do however get a little FPS drop sometimes but I believe it is normal for a game of this size. The game should work fine, but i'm not really sure since some people also have problems with the game on the slim model. There are also some rare cases on the PS3 bundle version where there is the same problem as the Xbox version. I'd say give it a go and buy a new Xbox, it should work. If I were you i'd get a warranty for it in case it doesn't, that way you can return it and get one that does work. If you don't feel like doing that, Clean your Xbox 360 out with either a vacuum (works like a dream every time) or use an Air compressor to blow it all out .(works just as good, but won't get it all out since it's not being sucked out like a vacuum would.) This technique should work. If it doesn't, delete some files off of your 360 or HDD/Flash drive and clear the cache. Then format it. I have done all of these things and the game works flawlessly most of the time for me now.

Good luck to you my friend smiley-talk008.gif

Strange... 

I was hoping that a brand new xbox , which i was intend to buy, would solve this problem...

Hypertion
  • Hypertion

Prankster

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:55 AM

PS3 BLU RAY FTW MWAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!

Ignorant of the PS3 users who had this issue as well.. lmao

race44287
  • race44287

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:04 AM

I recently purchased this game and found this forum and thread by accident while researching thumb drive for disc 1 install. For the price I just opted for a refurb 120gb which works just fine. I too have an older refurb xbox360 20gb with an hdmi unlike some of the people on here. I think the real problem is the hardware in the older is not as fast as the newer consoles. The opening mission worked well as did franklins first but I experienced the crash chasing the bike on the second mission. Also like many others on here claimed i got disc had an error or damage to it message.

Long story short is I was pausing frequently to talk to the wife. What I noticed is you have limited map view and I crashed where the map was enlarging. So before I did the mission again i drove all over the island aimlessly for hours and then saved once I had the majority of the map open. In particular I had all of los santos open in map view. Re-started the mission and no more problem. I think what is happening is internal memory crash trying to read map data, character dialogue, and process graphics, sound, input, etc. Once i had the map open I also opened up some of the memory so I wasnt overworking it. Thats my take on it and I'm quite a few missions in now. Providing you can get to the end of the first mission Try driving around opening up the map before you do anything else.

diesel47
  • diesel47

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 09:00 PM

I have a relatively old XBox 360 but mine has a HDMI port. I was able to install the game and play it without any problems until I got to Trevor's first mission. Once I finished that mission, the screen froze on me and it turned all black. Then my xbox restarted itself. Ever since, I did a lot of the solutions offered here but none of those solutions seem to work. It's a shame that Rockstar released this game 3 months ago but they are not offering a fix or solution to this problem. I guess Rockstar doesn't care about us once they take our money. Well, they are not getting my money ever again. Next time, I'll just get a pirate copy. I don't think Rockstar deserves my money. 

By the way, in most stores, you can return the disk and have it replaced with a new one. Then you can take the new one to another store unopened and you can get a full refund since your new copy is unopened. Whoever sees this problem and goes on to purchase another copy is an idiot because they are rewarding Rockstar games with another $60 for screwing up. Those who are buying a whole new console just to play this game, I don't even know what to tell them. I guess some people earn money too easily. 

GunBrothersGaming
  • GunBrothersGaming

Funny Man

• Members

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:51 PM

I was finally able to get my crash on video. My crashes happen quite frequently during online play. This one appears to be caused by a cell phone ring tone as that event triggered the crash.

The crash is at the end of the video - you can ignore my creepy hooker stalking and just see the ending.

https://www.youtube....h?v=3rUZyeOoKsY

pannell64
  • pannell64

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 April 2014 - 04:41 AM

My son was having the same problems, was online with support for days.  He has a new xbox he got for Christmas and got GTA V when it came out and has been playing no problem until about a month ago.  We couldn't get the update to download, the only way I could get it was to totally take the hdd out and it did it with no problem (this took 3 days to figure out).  He's been having trouble signing in, most days he can't and when he does it freezes up when he's online.  Well I noticed on his pc which our router is on he's been getting the certificate errors on goole and lots more.  I'm connected to the network and I wasn't getting them.  Saw Today Show about the virus yesterday morning and went to Microsoft and did the Malacious File Remover Tool and it removed a virus after a through scan.  Thought this took care of it but he still has the cert errors again but no virus.  His pc clock was off showing May of 2004 so that provoked the cert errors.  I unplugged the router and fixed the clock and turned the router on to boot and then the xbox and it connected no problem and he played for over 3 hours till he got off.  The cert error was sending it to the xbox sign-in even though we couldn't see it and MS's security is tight and was not letting it though.  Every now and then he could connect but not for long that's why the freeze and restart.  This is what I think it was because he's not having anymore problems and we tried all the fixes here.  I just wanted to post this because it might help some others.   

subhan22
  • subhan22

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Pakistan

Posted 02 January 2015 - 11:15 AM Edited by subhan22, 02 January 2015 - 11:20 AM.

same also happening with me!

though I have a modded xbox 360 slim 4GB and I am downloading the install disk on a 16GB thumb drive. At first I thought my usb is slow and then I bought the latest usb 3.0 for about (10$) and then i installed it but then same issue I am thinkng that I should buy a HDD but just wanted to ask that if HDD worked for anyone of you?
And my console is a 2010 console.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users