Photo

Xbox 360 - Game Keeps Freezing on Franklin's 1st Mission

1,189 replies to this topic
nikolajz1
  • nikolajz1

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:59 PM

anyone know if gamestop will straight up exchange my gta 5 for some other $60.00 game or do they only give me another gta 5?  

They only offered to give me GTA V even though I explained it wasnt working. I dont know why I bought this game a GS. They have the worst return policy. 

Kinh Rincer
  • Kinh Rincer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:03 AM

Just adding to the evidence -

2007 xbox

1xrrod refurbished by Microsoft.

Random freezes most I've played for is about 15mins.

Kinh Rincer
  • Kinh Rincer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:06 AM

Anyone fancy tweeting @RockstarSupport telling them to admit it doesn't work on older systems feel free.

I am....... A lot!

pineapplecoaster
  • pineapplecoaster

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:27 AM

Anyone fancy tweeting @RockstarSupport telling them to admit it doesn't work on older systems feel free.

I am....... A lot!

Created a twitter account today specifically for this purpose, actually.

McKee
  • McKee

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:38 AM

I am....... A lot!

Done it twice with no response. Sent a technical support request now too.

capobello
  • capobello

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:53 AM

Have to say, what a pisser. I am a PC gamer, but surprised to see this game choke on a console. Have tried every installation combo out there and then some, but I continue to get random freezes, have to shut off machine, etc. I have a older xbox 360, from 2007, never had any issues with any other games. I know people on PS3 are having freeze problems as well, not sure what is going on, and surprised Rockstar hasn't addressed yet.

I suppose a patch will come out by this weekend I hope, any word from Rockstar?

looks like back to Rome 2

tones_the_tiger
  • tones_the_tiger

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:00 AM

Ive done just about everything ive seen posted on this thread. Thank god that im not alone on this. Ive gotten another copy.....i took apart my xbox for the first time ever to find dust EVERYWHERE only to be greeted by another freeze. Its even gotten worse, at first i was able to get past franklin, and now with all my clearing of files and restarting I cant even get past the prologue mission. Ive been playing that damn mission ALL f*ckING DAY. Im going to test it on a xbox slim soon to see what the hell is going on. This sh*t better get patched

anatomyhorror
  • anatomyhorror

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:01 AM

looks like back to Rome 2

Goin from an unplayable game to an almost unplayable game.  You must like the torture :p

This sucks though.  I take care of my stuff, dust out my PC, 360, PS3 frequently (360 and PS3 I don't take apart unless needed, like today), have never had any issues except for one RROD when my 360 was still in warranty.  I've had the 360 since 2005.  RROD I think in 2007.  Still plays any game I throw at it and I have had over 50 retail and 30+ digital.  Everything works on all my systems.  Except GTA5.

NhiZin_
  • NhiZin_

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:18 AM

This is crazy stupid.... Now im trying to install disc 2 onto the flash drive and the install just stops at 35%..... Broke Game...

anatomyhorror
  • anatomyhorror

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:25 AM

This is crazy stupid.... Now im trying to install disc 2 onto the flash drive and the install just stops at 35%..... Broke Game...

I'm actually trying to do the same and it keeps saying it can't read the disc any more haha.  It's read the disc for several hours and many installs but now it can't.  Yet other games work fine still.

NhiZin_
  • NhiZin_

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:34 AM

I'm actually trying to do the same and it keeps saying it can't read the disc any more haha.  It's read the disc for several hours and many installs but now it can't.  Yet other games work fine still.

Yeah, that's exactly what mine is saying it stops at 35% and says "Can't read this disc. It may be scratched or dirty. Clean the disc with a soft cloth and try again." And if i see Rockstar Support say that they are looking into this problem 1 more time on twitter i may lose it. That's all they're saying or they say see support page. Cool Story Bro

NhiZin_
  • NhiZin_

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:44 AM

This is what I said to them....   NhiZin ‏@NhiZin_

@RockstarSupport @Kunra99 This is a damn joke you are just beating around the bush and won't admit that all of this is completely on you all.... and I got nothing back...

anatomyhorror
  • anatomyhorror

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:48 AM

I just wouldn't have bought the game had I known there was a high chance of it not working on original 360's.  I wouldn't even have been mad.  I'm not even mad now, just frustrated that I've spent the past 2 afternoon/evenings installing and deleting, and buying, and travelling back and forth trying to get the game working.  It also feels as if I've just handed a cashier $64 and said keep it and got nothing in return.

NhiZin_
  • NhiZin_

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:50 AM

I just wouldn't have bought the game had I known there was a high chance of it not working on original 360's.  I wouldn't even have been mad.  I'm not even mad now, just frustrated that I've spent the past 2 afternoon/evenings installing and deleting, and buying, and travelling back and forth trying to get the game working.  It also feels as if I've just handed a cashier $64 and said keep it and got nothing in return.

I'm on a slim....

nickray84
  • nickray84

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:53 AM

I feel the same way.  I've put it aside right now but I'm pissed that rockstar wont admit to there being a huge problem with it on twitter.  People post sh*t about snap photo bs and they go "we are working on it"   If you say your game wont work they simply blame it on the console and don't take any credibility for them not properly testing the game before shipping.  For a company that makes as much money and takes this amount of time to turn out great products, this is truly a surprise and i'm embarrassed that I didn't look on the net before purchasing it.  I've had to worry about computers not running software but never a f*cking console. 

ArcherTheGreat
  • ArcherTheGreat

Master Chief's Backseat Driver

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:27 AM

Mine's an Xbox 360 Elite 120GB HDD that I bought in late 2009. Exchanged for a replacement one after it died a year later. It has an HDMI port. Facing the same problem as you, game works completely fine with minor pop ins and occasional framerate dips. Then after playing like 20% of the missions, game froze, restarted, cant get past loading story mode. Don't know what happened

ArcherTheGreat
  • ArcherTheGreat

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:29 AM

It'll be so f*cking stupid if Rockstar's gonna tell us to blow another 300 dollars on a new Xbox just for GTA V, when the game should work with ALL Xbox 360 consoles. WTfk?

ghsfootball7
  • ghsfootball7

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:48 AM

More hard drive space doesn't help the problem either . Looks like we need a patch.

ArcherTheGreat
  • ArcherTheGreat

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:04 AM

More hard drive space doesn't help the problem either . Looks like we need a patch.

Any word from Rockstar yet about a patch?

It's really weird. My game was running perfectly fine for one day and then it just suddenly all went to sh*t.

MercyfulFate151
  • MercyfulFate151

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:12 AM

Mine is now freezing and sending me back to the start as soon as Trevor's first mission loads. I've been saving to the cloud because the game already wiped out my thumb drive yesterday including saves and Install.

If reinstalling doesn't fix it I'm left with an unplayable game until Rockstar figures this out. This is really crappy, and I am also on the old model Xbox.

mvzeroo
  • mvzeroo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:16 AM

I have the old Xbox too, tried re installing, formatting hard drive, restart router, exchanged for 2 different games already, the game just freezes within 15 minutes of gameplay and does not save smh...

Ikkus
  • Ikkus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:37 AM Edited by Ikkus, 19 September 2013 - 03:38 AM.

Has anyone tried formatting their HDD?

Edit: Well, sh*t.

MeatButcher
  • MeatButcher

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:52 AM Edited by MeatButcher, 19 September 2013 - 03:53 AM.

Well... I finally broke down and signed up for Twitter.  I just never thought it'd be for this reason.

I just tweeted the following

@RockstarSupport Please read forum thread. http://gtaforums.com/topic/594765-xbox-360-game-keeps-freezing-on-franklins-1st-mission/ …

Let's see if they actually take the time to read their own forums for a change....

Hypertion
  • Hypertion

Prankster

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:54 AM

Alright it has worked for me since the last post i did. meaning 6 or so hours straight +. The Slim 2012 Xbox doesnt have my XBL profile on it and i have been playing on a "player1" profile instead.

i have to say... this is messed up... the old xbox has been just fine with every game up to now. there should be no change in hardware significant enough to warrant this kind of issue.

tomorrow i will try it on my old one with a "player1" offline profile and see if that brings any change but for now i need sleeps. it could be mixing with a recent xbl update. However if that was the case i would assume the one attempt on a wiped HDD and the one without a HDD at all would have worked then... so in my situation it seems to be something regarding the hardware...

tones_the_tiger
  • tones_the_tiger

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:58 AM

Alright it has worked for me since the last post i did. meaning 6 or so hours straight +. The Slim 2012 Xbox doesnt have my XBL profile on it and i have been playing on a "player1" profile instead.

i have to say... this is messed up... the old xbox has been just fine with every game up to now. there should be no change in hardware significant enough to warrant this kind of issue.

tomorrow i will try it on my old one with a "player1" offline profile and see if that brings any change but for now i need sleeps. it could be mixing with a recent xbl update. However if that was the case i would assume the one attempt on a wiped HDD and the one without a HDD at all would have worked then... so in my situation it seems to be something regarding the hardware...

tones_the_tiger
  • tones_the_tiger

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:59 AM

When using the Xbox slim how many gb did you have? 250 or using a thumb drive?

Luke12191
  • Luke12191

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:03 AM

Legit just made an account on here because I'm so furious. I've played the damn prologue snow mission 15 times and done every thing they have said. I exchanged games, got a 32gb flash drive and still this game doesn't work. Not only that rock star won't answer anyone on twitter with a real answer, it's getting absurd. It's the same damn support page which I feel like is a cop out for them. I am on an older Xbox as well but still, this has gotten to annoying.

I'm happy I found this forum through twitter since I was having trouble finding anything on there about others with this problem. Seems like there is a whole lot more of us than I has previously thought.

I know people with older xboxs who's games work fine.
  • bennyoopz likes this

Hypertion
  • Hypertion

Prankster

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:10 AM

its got a 250 GB HDD. it was 100$ off on sale when i got it so i figured i would just incase my current one did one last RROD.....

pineapplecoaster
  • pineapplecoaster

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:19 AM

Legit just made an account on here because I'm so furious. I've played the damn prologue snow mission 15 times and done every thing they have said. I exchanged games, got a 32gb flash drive and still this game doesn't work. Not only that rock star won't answer anyone on twitter with a real answer, it's getting absurd. It's the same damn support page which I feel like is a cop out for them. I am on an older Xbox as well but still, this has gotten to annoying.

I'm happy I found this forum through twitter since I was having trouble finding anything on there about others with this problem. Seems like there is a whole lot more of us than I has previously thought.

I know people with older xboxs who's games work fine.

We feel your pain. Hopefully with more and more people bringing this to Rockstar's attention, they will actually look for the problem.

MattBold35
  • MattBold35

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:34 AM

Made an account just to contribute.

Having same issue, however I was able to pass the prologue after my second attempt, but now it keeps freezing on almost every driving segment while on a mission, it is UNPLAYABLE.

I have a 20GB G1 Xbox360 (though I bought a new, larger HD)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users