Quantcast

» «
Photo

Should Rockstar patch the car damage

139 replies to this topic

Poll: Should Rockstar patch the car damage (469 member(s) have cast votes)

Should Rockstar patch the car damage in GTA V?

1. Yes (218 votes [46.48%])

Percentage of vote: 46.48%

2. No (251 votes [53.52%])

Percentage of vote: 53.52%

Vote Guests cannot vote
poncratias
  • poncratias

a thread for threads

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:40 AM

gta iv modder here.

actually the car damage is EASY to change.

It's just a variable for a each car, something like "carDamageMultiplier=1.5"

It's just a .txt file for each car.

changing this is NOT much a hassle.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

I have no patience for you V section lurkers

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:43 AM

They should make the cars less strong.

In all honestly I was like WTF. These cars are unlicensed but they crash like licensed vehicles in a Forza or NFS. Shouldn't the damage be more intense?

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:50 AM

The cars handle damage like tanks. It immediately draws you away from the game and removes immersion.

Do you think that Rockstar should patch it? If they let us decide, would you want to, or would you not want to?

I definitely think the car damage should be a lot better than it is. It's really the only complaint that I have about the game, but my god, I'm so wrapped up in this game right now; I just can't get enough of it.

Vorpax
  • Vorpax

Hustler

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:50 AM

Lol @ "immersion" holy sh*t guys I have a real life, when I'm playing gta I want to play a video game... Not real life. Pretty sure none of us would do anything in real life that we do in gta.

We all have real lives. It doesn't change anything. Would you like to see cars actually get damaged like in all past GTA games? Or would you rather settle with boring, tank like cars that you see in arcade games?

The question is simple. Has nothing to do with "having a life" (which I've always believed to be a phrase used primarily by people who don't have lives).
Funny assumption.. Anyway to respond to your question, I don't have the same opinion as you. I don't feel the cars are tank like at all... They may be a little tougher than in real life but to be honest I'd rather my car not blow up all the time anyways.

You get what you get, don't throw a f*cking fit.

Don't you get it, its not about getting your car blowing up sooner! Its about visual appeal, that make it look rather believable! I mean like WTH do i call it when i watch my car hit an obstacle (being it other vehicle or something else like wall or something...) and remaining the way it was when i picked it, all shiny and stuff?...just gimme a break...

topdownshooter
  • topdownshooter

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:51 AM

I like the game the way it is.

calearne
  • calearne

GTAO is a complete abomination compared to GTA IV multiplayer.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:52 AM Edited by calearne, 19 September 2013 - 11:56 AM.

I voted yes.

Let's beamNG this sh*t.

And for you haters, just buy some car armor!!!

Only next gen could probably handle it though.

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:53 AM

Feels great the way it is tbh.

RubberGrip
  • RubberGrip

Sticky Bandit

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:56 AM

LOL threads like these really make me laugh. I was playing it last nite and again today n car damage is perfect. Would u really want damage to be that bad that after u spend thousends on customizing ur car for sum ped to bump ur car n ruin everything u just did?

K20
  • K20

Woooo-rah

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:56 AM

its really f*cking great how it is now... perfect... and i LOVE IT... if they change it by force, i'll be PISSED!!!!!!!!!!!

Jimmyhetfield
  • Jimmyhetfield

Master

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:57 AM

No! 

Rockstar changed it to this for a reason and it works!
Damaging your car is almost always going to happen.
The current damage allows for more fluidity and is just fine.

Vorpax
  • Vorpax

Hustler

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:58 AM

LOL threads like these really make me laugh. I was playing it last nite and again today n car damage is perfect. Would u really want damage to be that bad that after u spend thousends on customizing ur car for sum ped to bump ur car n ruin everything u just did?

Honestly? YES i would! Because if you can't avoid this kind o situations, than you're noob ass*ole who needs first to learn basics of gaming in general before trying to play games like GTA...

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:02 PM

RSAZWwp.jpg

Credit to meta187

I don't see why you guys complain so much about it.

Seriousman
  • Seriousman

Anti-ReligionMan

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:02 PM

No, it's better the way it is right now. 

m33ts4k0z
  • m33ts4k0z

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:03 PM Edited by m33ts4k0z, 19 September 2013 - 12:04 PM.

Honestly? YES i would! Because if you can't avoid this kind o situations, than you're noob ass*ole who needs first to learn basics of gaming in general before trying to play games like GTA...

Lol GTA is not a skill game :p Its made for casuals not ESL champions. GTAV keeps its arcade elements that make it fun. You can easily mod it yourself if you want to but the official has to remain casual and arcade as it is now. I voted no btw. Although I agree that the cars can handle too much damage, I find it nice and funny and gives a feel of old school arcade game. 

Vorpax
  • Vorpax

Hustler

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:04 PM

RSAZWwp.jpg

Credit to meta187

Because you have no idea what people complain about!...maybe if you took your time and effort reading what other people post in this thread (like my post above for example) you wouldn't have need to post this shi*tty irrelevant comparison screen, because it got nothing to do with the problem!

Konstelation
  • Konstelation

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:04 PM Edited by Konstelation, 19 September 2013 - 12:05 PM.

I truly think they should patch the damage just so we take more damage, it's gonna be ridiculous online when you're chasing people and there car doesnt blow up or you crash into them so many times before you finally disable their vehicle.

The damage is great, I LOVE the model damage to the vehicles I just think it takes way too long to even damage the car.

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:08 PM

Credit to meta187

Because you have no idea what people complain about!...maybe if you took your time and effort reading what other people post in this thread (like my post above for example) you wouldn't have need to post this shi*tty irrelevant comparison screen, because it got nothing to do with the problem!

This thread is about the car damage, people complaining about it. /thread

Suck some d.

Vorpax
  • Vorpax

Hustler

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:27 PM Edited by Vorpax, 19 September 2013 - 12:28 PM.

Credit to meta187

Suck some d.

...Complaining about car damage is very general thing! Someone is complaining because for them overall damage is not enough, someone complains because car doesn't look believable after getting hit by another vehicle at full speed, someone complains because they don't like how roof/wheels and other car parts fall off as car gets damaged etc...And before opposing anyone who says he/she/it(LOL) dislikes damage physics you should actually do some research and check what others have to say, instead of jumping your bandwagon immediately as soon as you see "damage physics of the vehicles should be fixed by R*" kind of posts with no further investigation!

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

I have no patience for you V section lurkers

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:33 PM

RSAZWwp.jpg

Credit to meta187

Crash a Truffade Adder really hard into an SUV and then come back to this thread. Yes you can get cars to look destroyed but when you crash the car is like a tank, its ridiculous. It takes a lot of crashes(or hits) to get a car to look like the above.

• Vorpax likes this

jonnie123
  • jonnie123

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:36 PM

No. If people want a different experience they should make their own massive open world game. Why do people expect to be able to 'design by committee' every piece of media that is released?

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:38 PM

Credit to meta187

Suck some d.

...Complaining about car damage is very general thing! Someone is complaining because for them overall damage is not enough, someone complains because car doesn't look believable after getting hit by another vehicle at full speed, someone complains because they don't like how roof/wheels and other car parts fall off as car gets damaged etc...And before opposing anyone who says he/she/it(LOL) dislikes damage physics you should actually do some research and check what others have to say, instead of jumping your bandwagon immediately as soon as you see "damage physics of the vehicles should be fixed by R*" kind of posts with no further investigation!

Tough sh*t, can't be perfect, its all fine to me.

@stingray, I have, his wheel came off and my hood was crunched up a bit.

AAR
  • AAR

Get It On

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:19 PM

We are just giving our opinion about patching the car damage. A lot of people like it how it is and some don't or don't even care. The game is great imo. I'm personnaly getting used to it but I think that car damage in Driver San Francisco was better but again, just my opinion. :cool:

Mahtale
  • Mahtale

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:26 PM

This is something I actually did notice. Even when driving a semi at high speeds head first into a smart car, it'll only dent (a big dent, nonetheless) the front end and kill the driver. I know that they can be more realistically crumpled because I've successfully done it to my cars, they just made them a bit to resistant to damage.

xTRiiXzZ-
  • xTRiiXzZ-

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:32 PM

Sometimes the damage is great, VERY realistic. But in some instances when I crash head on there is barely any scratches to the car so i'd say that they need to patch this and make the damage more consistent.

matt_be
  • matt_be

Driver.

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:13 PM

The damage model works well with the driving style. If we still had the GTA IV damage system our cars would be totaled in about ten seconds. 

hexagramme
  • hexagramme

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:16 PM

The damage is great and the poll seems to indicate that the majority agrees with that.

Well done Rockstar! What a fantastic game. :)

EroccaRobotic
  • EroccaRobotic

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:45 PM

I realize that GTA 5 is hardly a reflection of real life, but when I get into a head-on collision with another car on the highway, my car shouldn't be able to drive away, but it will. It seems as though Rockstar has made the vehicle damage very gentle in comparison to GTA IV, which in my opinion had great vehicle damage in relation to crash speed. I feel like the act of de-tuning the damage is an attempt to make the game more accessible, possibly to people who are bad at driving, but who knows. With all of the effort put into creating a game with this much realism, I can't help but wonder how this happened, did no one speak up at Rockstar? or was Rockstar torn 50/50 like this thread seems to be? I'm not sure, but I would really like to have the car damage increased to add that extra bit of anxiety while trying to escape from the police.

Sum up: As is, GTA V feels as though I have a cheat enabled when I play.  I realize that some gamers enjoy using cheats from time to time to get that 'God mode feel' and that's all great, but me, I enjoy the challenge that GTA has provided in the past, and with the current vehicle damage settings I no longer feel that same element of challenge when I play. 

Rockstar, please please please increase the scale of vehicle damage, I think it would really improve the experience. Those who disagree, simply buy armor for your vehicle, because as i see it now, buying armor is moot.

EroccaRobotic
  • EroccaRobotic

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:59 PM

The damage model works well with the driving style. If we still had the GTA IV damage system our cars would be totaled in about ten seconds. 

I don't agree, I've driven around for an hour without having gotten in a serious collision, and my use of serious is not indicated by vehicle damage, but by how fast i was travelling when I hit an object.

lannydee
  • lannydee

Trick

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:03 PM

lol at this whole thread.

Vorpax
  • Vorpax

Hustler

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:07 PM Edited by Vorpax, 20 September 2013 - 06:09 PM.

The damage is great and the poll seems to indicate that the majority agrees with that.

Well done Rockstar! What a fantastic game. :)

The only thing it indicates is that this forum is packed with R*'s fanboys, who deny to see the obvious! ...Okay i'm well aware that some people simply do not care that much about this, but those who care really think the damage is great? especially on an impact? And no i'm not talking about how much it takes to put your car down! I'm talking about visual appeal!...seriously i don't understand these people, don't you want to see your car getting actually damaged when you hit something with it or you'd rather see how it hit an obstacle at 150 mph speed and it barely reflects on car's appearance?!...And i repeat once again for those, who lack braincells to understand it on their own! By damaging it doesn't have to actually make your car get destroyed faster! It means that your car will only visually get all wrecked and such, so what is so bad about that?!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users