Photo

Disappointed With GTA 5 Single Play-Shooting Too Easy

8 replies to this topic
ratkiller
  • ratkiller

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:44 PM

The Single Player game would drive me bonkers if I played it more than a couple hours.  It's the constant driving.  While everybody and everything in the game tries deliberately to make me crash.  Like the whole city is against me.   By the way, what's with the character switching?  I was under the illusion that I could pick a character profile and give them a name, just like in other shooters.  But this isn't actually a shooter, is it?   They couldn't hold a straight face trying to claim it as a shooter.  Because true shooters will not like this game.  Because, Wow, is shooting and killing easy!!  With the automatic targeting, your weapons make short work of enemies.  The cops just jump out of their cars and stick their stupid heads out to be blown off.  I killed 10 cops in about 5 seconds.  I wiped out all the cops very quickly at the beginning.  I was surprised how easily and quickly I could shred them.  They died much easier than in so many other shooter games.  But, again, it's not a shooter.  If it was, the killing wouldn't be so easy.   It reminds me of a James Bond game I have on XBox.  Solace or whatever.  I laughed at how easy the shooting was in that game.  GTA5 is more of a motor vehicle driving game, where you'll be driving and driving and driving.    While they make you play as characters of their choosing.  Car of their choosing, gun of their choosing, etc.  Mission after arbitrary mission with no freelancing.  With the AI giving you constant prompts.  Lame.  I'm sure online players may enjoy it, but the single game stinks.   Very disappointed.

• Vic 2.0 likes this

maloy82
  • maloy82

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:50 PM

if its to easy go to  the, controls an switch it, to free shooting, if you like it that way, personally I like it, but  everyones a critic  good luck an happy gaming bud.

mrfrazar123
  • mrfrazar123

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:51 PM

The Single Player game would drive me bonkers if I played it more than a couple hours.  It's the constant driving.  While everybody and everything in the game tries deliberately to make me crash.  Like the whole city is against me.   By the way, what's with the character switching?  I was under the illusion that I could pick a character profile and give them a name, just like in other shooters.  But this isn't actually a shooter, is it?   They couldn't hold a straight face trying to claim it as a shooter.  Because true shooters will not like this game.  Because, Wow, is shooting and killing easy!!  With the automatic targeting, your weapons make short work of enemies.  The cops just jump out of their cars and stick their stupid heads out to be blown off.  I killed 10 cops in about 5 seconds.  I wiped out all the cops very quickly at the beginning.  I was surprised how easily and quickly I could shred them.  They died much easier than in so many other shooter games.  But, again, it's not a shooter.  If it was, the killing wouldn't be so easy.   It reminds me of a James Bond game I have on XBox.  Solace or whatever.  I laughed at how easy the shooting was in that game.  GTA5 is more of a motor vehicle driving game, where you'll be driving and driving and driving.    While they make you play as characters of their choosing.  Car of their choosing, gun of their choosing, etc.  Mission after arbitrary mission with no freelancing.  With the AI giving you constant prompts.  Lame.  I'm sure online players may enjoy it, but the single game stinks.   Very disappointed.

I suggest you go into the settings and change your targeting to free aim if you don't like the aim-assist in single player.  It won't "snap" to targets so you actually have to aim.

NADOLNY
  • NADOLNY

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:58 PM

change to free aim!!!!!

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:19 PM

Free aim FTW 

(you know, instead of complaining about a feature that is already changable)

Weremoose
  • Weremoose

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:06 AM

I hope it doesn't become the only way people play it online. I don't mind having to switch in single player, but GTA IV made it rare to find a deathmatch that was enjoyable. Auto lock is just bad for online competition.

DA-FUNK-5555
  • DA-FUNK-5555

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:14 PM

This must be your first Grand Theft Auto you have ever played...... First things first, the game's name Grand Theft Auto implies that you steal cars.... Why would driving not be a big part of the game with a title like that? you want some shooting challenge like everyone is saying switch to free aim. or test it out at the gun range. The whole world against you? not really.... yes cars turn in front of you and things get in the way occasionally... Tell you what... go to the nearest city to you with a pop. of 1 million and drive pedal to the floor from one end to the other with complete disregard for the rules and see if you can make all green lights and unsuspecting bystanders just stay out of your way? As for the deaths this is the first of the series where one or two shots (not to the head) resulted in a kill. personally i feel this is more realistic. If i got shot i probably would not be trying to return fire but rather try and save my life. just my thoughts on the matter i hope it grows on you.

Peace!

• meatrocket8 likes this

Tsori
  • Tsori

=AoD= Prospect

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:16 PM

This is also the first in the series where when shot, enemies will stay on the floor and try to crawl to safety and return fire.

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:34 PM

Have you ever played a GTA game before? Shooting enemies has always been pretty easy in this series. If you want more of a challenge, switch to free aim.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users