Photo

Getting a Terrible Resolution

446 replies to this topic
atix
  • atix

Peon

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:30 PM

Hey guys, I turned the sharpness way down on my TV and put my Ps3 into 720p and it looks a decent bit better..

Give it a try.

Even if you have all the options (720/1080i/1080P) turned on, the console will choose the highest one possible for the game (in ps3's case 720p).

Also most tv's (all 3 that i tried did this) adapt. By this i mean: even if they can go all the way up to 1080P, they will stay at 720P.

Turning sharpness down for me only made the game slightly blurrier.

So yeah... Thanks for the tips tho :)

prcko1
  • prcko1

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:32 PM Edited by prcko1, 18 September 2013 - 09:32 PM.

when i turn sharpness way down distance is blurry, and i mean very blurry

Iplaynl
  • Iplaynl

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:33 PM

Finding a balance between sharpness turned town so that the jaggies dissapear but not everything is too blurry kinda helps

66night
  • 66night

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:34 PM

Okay let me know if it fixes it for you dude. Are you just going to install the "install" disk on the USB and play the game via the disk drive still? 

As well as the Jaggies do you get motion blur? And really bad textures at night, on dark clothes/buildings/cars etc? Like oily and stuff?

Yep just the install disk.

Nah no real motion blue really. But when I'm driving through the city it lags a bit... Night time looks alright not as bad as day.

The motion blur could possibly just be your tv.

Also the map... If you look at the bottom left hand corner is your map laggy? Mine lags the tiniest bit and when I out GPS on even the purple route display is jaggy?? Wtf haha... It has to be the install

atix
  • atix

Peon

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:36 PM

Finding a balance between sharpness turned town so that the jaggies dissapear but not everything is too blurry kinda helps

The thing is that turning the sharpness down does NOT remove the jaggies.

Turning down = Makes the image blurrier, which means that you still see the jagged lines just as well, but with a lot of blurr.

Turning up = makes the image much sharper and with it (obviously) the jagged lines as well.

They are ALWAYS there. They just are either blurred but still visible as hell, or sharp and very noticible.

Trying to find a sweet spot does not work, at all.

Jackal.
  • Jackal.

Don't you f*cking look at me!

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:40 PM

Okay let me know if it fixes it for you dude. Are you just going to install the "install" disk on the USB and play the game via the disk drive still? 

As well as the Jaggies do you get motion blur? And really bad textures at night, on dark clothes/buildings/cars etc? Like oily and stuff?

Yep just the install disk.

Nah no real motion blue really. But when I'm driving through the city it lags a bit... Night time looks alright not as bad as day.

The motion blur could possibly just be your tv.

Also the map... If you look at the bottom left hand corner is your map laggy? Mine lags the tiniest bit and when I out GPS on even the purple route display is jaggy?? Wtf haha... It has to be the install

Yup even the GPS routes on my minimap are jagged too, f*cking weird right?

Turning down = Makes the image blurrier, which means that you still see the jagged lines just as well, but with a lot of blurr.

Turning up = makes the image much sharper and with it (obviously) the jagged lines as well.

They are ALWAYS there. They just are either blurred but still visible as hell, or sharp and very noticible.

Finally  someone who knows what they're talking about. Exactly mucking up without the sharpness does jack all.

66night
  • 66night

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:42 PM

Yep guys this is no way normal. Rockstar wouldn't release a game if it looked like this lol... The stores open in 1 hour so ill go to the shops and test a USB.

Anyone here installed on a USB and having this issue?

Iplaynl
  • Iplaynl

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:50 PM

Okay, seems like my brain is trying to trick me.  :panic:

prcko1
  • prcko1

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:52 PM Edited by prcko1, 18 September 2013 - 09:52 PM.

i think jaggies can't be solved, we are talking about massive open world game  and 8 y old hardware just cant handle aa with this much content, hell even last of us has jaggies

Iplaynl
  • Iplaynl

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:54 PM

i think jaggies can't be solved, we are talking about massive open world game  and 8 y old hardware just cant handle aa with this much content, hell even last of us has jaggies

Sure, but there are so many people i see without them

atix
  • atix

Peon

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:57 PM

I understand that. The hardware is very old. But i'm talking about massive jagged lines not only on the distance, but from 10 metres and beyond.

Hell, even when im driving my car the bottom of my rear bumper is VERY jagged.

Jackal.
  • Jackal.

Don't you f*cking look at me!

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:03 PM

Obviously it can be solved because there are people that DON'T have them. Christ almighty stop going on about 8 year hardware it's obviously not the issue.

66night
  • 66night

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:05 PM

So sick of hearing people say its because of the old hardware. Other people don't have this issue!

The GPS route is even jaggy for Christ sake lol that's not normal
  • atix likes this

atix
  • atix

Peon

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:08 PM

So sick of hearing people say its because of the old hardware. Other people don't have this issue!

The GPS route is even jaggy for Christ sake lol that's not normal

Yup, i also got this.

66night
  • 66night

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:11 PM

45 mins till the shops open. Will leave soon guys to get the USB hopefully it works

NickMann250
  • NickMann250

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:11 PM Edited by NickMann250, 18 September 2013 - 10:13 PM.

fkz82a.jpg

So is this normal or no? lol

It's either the fact that I am playing on an old Ps3 or my TV. I can't imagine having an older ps3 would give this affect though, I assume it would cause framerate issues but not problems like this.

atix
  • atix

Peon

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:21 PM

fkz82a.jpg

It's either the fact that I am playing on an old Ps3 or my TV. I can't imagine having an older ps3 would give this affect though, I assume it would cause framerate issues but not problems like this.

Exactly what how my radar looks like.

stangone50
  • stangone50

Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:31 PM

my tv is like 20 years old and it looks fine .  on my LED the picture changes drastically depending on the picture size i choose .

66night
  • 66night

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:35 PM

fkz82a.jpg

Exactly what how my radar looks like.

Mine also looks like this

66night
  • 66night

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:37 PM

my tv is like 20 years old and it looks fine .  on my LED the picture changes drastically depending on the picture size i choose .

How doe does it change?

esdchan
  • esdchan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:14 AM

I have the same problem as all of you, playing on a 50" TV, I went to display settings and unticked 1080p and 1080i and it fixed it for me, looks good now, obviously not as good as GTA 4 PC version with icelaglace.

atix
  • atix

Peon

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:19 AM

I have the same problem as all of you, playing on a 50" TV, I went to display settings and unticked 1080p and 1080i and it fixed it for me, looks good now, obviously not as good as GTA 4 PC version with icelaglace.

We need more info than this mate. "Fixed it" how? The aliasing/jagged lines went away completely? it smoothed out? Please go into detail.

Also, can you take a screenshot or even a photo with your phone with a Before and After please?

Just so we can make sense of this.

Thanks.

zacoman
  • zacoman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:49 AM Edited by zacoman, 19 September 2013 - 03:06 AM.

I have the same problems , i think bloom has a major factor in it 

On ps3, physical copy and have tried different T.V's \ monitors. Seen others play on thier TV's and looks nothing like mine  

Sorry for bad videos 

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=j5RBOv361IM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=RgOGceI-_8U

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=RgOGceI-_8U

66night
  • 66night

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:16 AM

Okay I installed it on a USB and it is still doing the same thing.... Bloody hell!!!

66night
  • 66night

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:42 AM

Okay, now I'm trying to set it up on my Samsung syncmaster 23" monitor. Settings on 720p. Looks better because the screen is much smaller...

Still looks like sh*t though

Recklessdoc
  • Recklessdoc

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:47 AM

Could it have something to do with the older xbox hard drives? Do they have a slower read speed that's causing bad performance? Mine is super old, anyone get these issues with Xbox Slim with the square black hard drives?

storymode
  • storymode

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:14 AM

same problem guys ps3 physical disk looks absolutely nothing like the youtube videos... lots of jaggies 

methwow92
  • methwow92

Peon

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:07 AM

Could it have something to do with the older xbox hard drives? Do they have a slower read speed that's causing bad performance? Mine is super old, anyone get these issues with Xbox Slim with the square black hard drives?

Using xbox slim.. same issue

Franklin Clinton
  • Franklin Clinton

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:28 AM

Using xbox slim and sony bravia 32in. Same problem i've spent hours trying to fix it but no luck go gave up and figured it must be just the way it is. Went around to a mates for a beer and his looks ALOT better than mine with his slim and 46in samsung. I then took his copy of the game home and it looked alot better with my set up and his game not as good as his 46in samsung but alot better than my copy of the game.

Soooo could there be bad copy's of the game floating around?

amenasce
  • amenasce

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:52 AM

Hi Guys,

Just joined as i have the same problem, i have installed the game on my 360 and i play on a 6 years old 42 Toshiba with HDMI. The game simply looks like GTA IV..maybe a bit better but years away from the videos we have been watching prior to the release. So disappointed. I have seen screenshot of some other people where the game does look good so i know there is something wrong with my set up and reading your posts i see there is something wrong with the game. 

I wrote to Rockstar also. Hopefully there will be a guideline to follow..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users