Photo

Getting a Terrible Resolution

446 replies to this topic
flex213
  • flex213

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:51 AM

lol i know but my gta 5 looks terrible inside cities during the days its all blurry and loads of artifacts on buildings it really hurts my eyes after a while, i never had this issue with gta 4

brianmoyano
  • brianmoyano

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:43 AM

IMG_20130929_003329.jpg

IMG_20130929_003335.jpg

I think my TV is kinda crappy.

blizlol
  • blizlol

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:18 PM Edited by blizlol, 29 September 2013 - 03:18 PM.

Hi there :) i just wonder if anybody know the best settings for toshiba 42sl863 ? i have horrible jagged edges and poor anti aliasing so i just wonder if anybody know :)?

lonigus
  • lonigus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:24 PM

To be honest you seem to have no clue what your talking about either, There is a issue some people are getting, I thought the game may look like this but i have a friend whose game looks better then me, which is everything i need to know theres something wrong, The game doesnt look amazing considering the hardware its on.............GTA 4 looked better, Many games i've played on the ps3 looked better on my console, Also its people like you that instantly think your in the right and everyone else is wrong is the reason why issues like this are sometimes ignored, So you dont have a problem you dont need to come in the thread and derail it by saying "no-no everything's perfect".

Why is this forum the last place you should be asking about TV settings about GTA5? ...its GTA FORUMS? about GTA? this is the best place because your most likely going to find someone with a similar set up to yourself....

finally setting RGB settings to Limited is better then full, Clearly you have no clue what your talking about so i wont explain why.

The shadow issue is a glitch and is not a limit of the console because NOT everyone IS getting it..................

THIS!

This is the FIRST time Iam encountering such thing. Recently played The Last of Us and there was nothing unusual. Everything crisp and clear with no jiggies or "mesh" textures.

This is clearly not my PS3's or monitors fault. Since I have tested on my brothers 3D LED Samsung and its the same there.

Silentalien55
  • Silentalien55

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:52 AM

To be honest you seem to have no clue what your talking about either, There is a issue some people are getting, I thought the game may look like this but i have a friend whose game looks better then me, which is everything i need to know theres something wrong, The game doesnt look amazing considering the hardware its on.............GTA 4 looked better, Many games i've played on the ps3 looked better on my console, Also its people like you that instantly think your in the right and everyone else is wrong is the reason why issues like this are sometimes ignored, So you dont have a problem you dont need to come in the thread and derail it by saying "no-no everything's perfect".

Why is this forum the last place you should be asking about TV settings about GTA5? ...its GTA FORUMS? about GTA? this is the best place because your most likely going to find someone with a similar set up to yourself....

finally setting RGB settings to Limited is better then full, Clearly you have no clue what your talking about so i wont explain why.

The shadow issue is a glitch and is not a limit of the console because NOT everyone IS getting it..................

THIS!

This is the FIRST time Iam encountering such thing. Recently played The Last of Us and there was nothing unusual. Everything crisp and clear with no jiggies or "mesh" textures.

This is clearly not my PS3's or monitors fault. Since I have tested on my brothers 3D LED Samsung and its the same there.

What monitor are you using?

NLJ235
  • NLJ235

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:38 AM

Here is what it looks like for me:

CQZMyHw.jpg

EXACT my problem! :cry:

NLJ235
  • NLJ235

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:16 AM

66night are you playing from the Standard, Collectors or Special Edition?

Standard mate

Same here, a lot of problems with the Standard one

Jack188817
  • Jack188817

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:27 AM

Most of these screenshots look waaaaaaay too bright, reduce your brightness wheteher it being tv or in game.

Sharpness should be at 0 on TV, the game was not designed for additional TV sharpness

///Oxide
  • ///Oxide

★★★★★

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:07 PM Edited by ///Oxide, 30 September 2013 - 04:10 PM.

Hi everyone , I just registered to share the problem I encounter : I completed the story ( currently @ 75.3% ) on my X360 Slim 250Gb , the game looked amaaaazing within ~30hrs of gameplay ( like it had 4xAA)..noticed a minor lag when speeding through the city and I deleted the Xbox System Cache , hoping it will make it run flawless even in crowded areas.The game started to look like crap after a few days ( did not change any settings on my monitor ) , very jagged ( I was even playing with Sharpness set to 60 on my Asus 22" Full HD LED 1 ms GTG , and now set to 0-10 value of Sharpness the game looks so much worse than before with 60 )..I'm more of a PC Gamer but love the exclusives on the Xbox , I was shocked of the graphic quality until I finished the game but now..jaggies everywhere , like it's not the game I finished 4-5 days ago :( ( graphical point of view )

PS : No texture problems or anything like that.

trevdaperv
  • trevdaperv

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:32 PM

Most of these screenshots look waaaaaaay too bright, reduce your brightness wheteher it being tv or in game.

Those are not screenshots those are pictures taken with cellphone !

lonigus
  • lonigus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:06 PM

THIS!

What monitor are you using?

Phillips and a Samsung 3D LED TV. Same result.

Also the ONLY solution I find so far is reducing the contrast and if the TV or monitor supports it also using "smooth" in options. My work HP monitor has it, but unfortunately my home monitor does not lol... Reduced contrast with the 720p setting and the "smoothering" helped abit.

Franklin Clinton
  • Franklin Clinton

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:37 AM

This is just the way the game looks. Seriously I have done countless test and viewed several of my mates playing on there games. R* also advised me that its normal. Some people notice and I guess some people don't. I also have this problem but now I'm just used to it go enjoy the game. :p

Gunde
  • Gunde

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:24 AM Edited by Gunde, 04 October 2013 - 08:40 AM.

I'm now convinced that there's a legimate issue with jaggies. Like Paradoxical my game looked great the first 2 weeks, yeah there were jaggies but it was nothing compared to now. Suddenly it's all I see. Jaggies everywhere, not just in the distance. Everything is flickering and shimmering.

Something is definitely going on :(

Edit: It looks like this (skip to 0:25):

Vulgar_Monkey
  • Vulgar_Monkey

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:44 PM

I thought it looked worse after the update, but I'd not really played in a couple of days so wasnt too sure....

VALDE85
  • VALDE85

CLASSIC CONTROLS BACK

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:59 PM

IT´S WATCH YOUR ASS AUTO NOW.
THEY DON´T LET YOU RAMPAGE.
( BUT THEY FEATURE THE MISSION OF TORTURE THE DARK-SKINNED GUY, RIGHT)
THEY WERE SO BUSY WITH THE SCENERY AND THE "REALISM"
THAT THEY FORGOT WHAT GTA IS ABOUT
DON´T GIVE A f*ck IF LEAVES FROM TREES MOVE WITH THE WIND.
CLASSIC CONTROLS  BACK
COPS ARE TOO SMART AND HAPPY TRIGGERED.
AND THEIR CARS ARE ROCKETS.
PLAYER IS TOO WEAK.(JUMP A WALL AND IF IT´S TOO HIGH
IT JUST BREAKS HIS HEAD AGAINST IT)
FEWER KEVLAR THAN EVER
TOO MUCH CAR CRASH DEATH.
THE CARS ARE RUINED AFTER JUST 2 GOOD CRASHES.
THE WHEELS GET JAMMED AND YOU´RE GOING NOWHERE
( EVEN THE TOUGHEST) OFFROADING KILLS ANY CAR
CARS DISSAPEAR.
BIGGER GARAGES, PARKING LOTS,WHATEVER
CAN´T EVEN ENTER IN YOUR PROPERTIES
NO 6 STAR WANTED LEVEL
2147 MILLION ( WITH LESTER MISSIONS STOCK STRATEGY) AND...
NO HOUSES TO BUY( SHOULD HAVE 1 IN EACH PLACE OF THE MAP,
IN THE MOUNTAINS, IN THE HILLS, IN THE BEACH...)
NO COMPANIES TO BUY ( AND COULD BE A LOT )
NOTHING IN THE SEA ( AN OILRIG, SOME ISLAND WITH A NICE HOUSE...)
NO TRAIN MISSIONS ( OR DRIVING ).
NO PARAMEDIC MISSIONS.( GREAT FUN AND DIFFICULT IN SAN ANDREAS)
NO POLICE MISSIONS!!!! ( FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE THE PLAYSTATION 1 )
NO FIREMEN MISSIONS.
NO LORRY MISSIONS.( SAN ANDREAS )
NO PIMP MISSIONS. ( SAN ANDREAS )
NO BUS DRIVER MISSIONS ( IN A MISSION YOU DO IT )
NO LOWRIDER STUFF. ( SAN ANDREAS, OF COURSE )
NO GANG WARS. ( SAN ANDREAS )
NO GANGS JUST THE LOST COCKSUCKERS
NO MR.WHOOPEE CRACKSELLING MISSIONS. ( VICE CITY )
NO FLAMETHROWER ( FIRST GTA WITHOUT IT EVER )
NO NITROUS. ( SAN ANDREAS )
NO TIRESMOKE ( RIDICULOUS )
NO RACING EXHAUST FOR SUPERCARS?
NO SPEEDOMETER ( NEVER ).
TOPSPEED OF SUPERS AND BIKES IS sh*t.
THEY TAKE THE MONEY AND YOU DON´T GET THE BOATS OR CHOPPERS.
BUZZARD IS f*ckING CRAP .
TANK IS USELESS.
GO OFFROAD AND THE CAR IS FINISHED IN A MINUTE.
THE CAMERA LOOPS WITH THE PLANE.
THE NOSE CAR CAMERA IS NOW USELESS.

Franklin Clinton
  • Franklin Clinton

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:24 AM

R* got back to me about this. Try this stuff i guess if you are still having trouble.

Hello FranklinClintonG,

Thank you for contacting R* Games Support.

We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with one of our titles. Below you will find some Console Troubleshooting steps which may help resolve the issue. These are the official troubleshooting steps provided by Microsoft on their support site:

Before troubleshooting, please check the following:
1. Turn the console off and on.
2. Unplug all power cords and accessories, and then plug them back in firmly. Make sure all connections are secure.
3. Update your console software (this article from Microsoft details how to check if your console software is up to date http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/system-updates/system-updates-info)

Clearing the System Cache:
1. Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.
2. Select Storage or Memory.
3. Highlight any storage device, and then press Y on your controller.
4. Select Clear System Cache.
5. When prompted to confirm storage device maintenance, select Yes.

Clearing the Game Data:
(Prior to clearing the game data, ensure that you back up any Save Data so it doesn't become deleted)
1. Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.
2. Select Storage or Memory.
3. Highlight any storage device, and then press A on your controller.
4. Select Games and Apps.
5. Scroll through the list until you find the game you want to clear the data, once you find it press A on your controller.
6. Delete any game related files which are not "save" files, if these files are deleted they cannot be recovered.
7. Once all of the files have been deleted, go back to the Xbox Dashboard Home.
8. Reboot the game.

If this is still happening let's try this on a second 360 to see if the same issue is occurring.

Vulgar_Monkey
  • Vulgar_Monkey

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:26 AM

Same response I got for something else entirely.

NLJ235
  • NLJ235

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:16 AM

Yeah got the same anwser as well, gonna try on another console end this week and let you guys know if that helps for me. I tried everything I could at home so... There has to be an explanation.. :(

trevdaperv
  • trevdaperv

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:53 AM

I'm now convinced that there's a legimate issue with jaggies. Like Paradoxical my game looked great the first 2 weeks, yeah there were jaggies but it was nothing compared to now. Suddenly it's all I see. Jaggies everywhere, not just in the distance. Everything is flickering and shimmering.

Something is definitely going on :(

Edit: It looks like this (skip to 0:25):

Yeah its called playing on a 7 years old hardware !

• eatshitandie likes this

PixelAnon
  • PixelAnon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:18 AM Edited by PixelAnon, 09 October 2013 - 11:22 AM.

I'm running my xbox via HDMI to a 27" iiyama, I've also tried it on my 37" LG tv they both seem to render really low resolution and have real issues with colour depth, so shadows are bluish, grainy and lack detail.

Xbox dashboard and other games render fine, the game on my PS3 renders fine too.

I'll try and get a better shot but here's an example I have right now (high res warning):

2013-10-02%2000.26.35.jpg

maddy26
  • maddy26

Snitch

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:58 AM

I have the same problem since a couple of days, playing it on PS3, anybody know how to fix it?

GTA-Bobski
  • GTA-Bobski

Freeroamer

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:57 PM Edited by GTA-Bobski, 12 October 2013 - 02:58 PM.

I'm running my xbox via HDMI to a 27" iiyama, I've also tried it on my 37" LG tv they both seem to render really low resolution and have real issues with colour depth, so shadows are bluish, grainy and lack detail.

Xbox dashboard and other games render fine, the game on my PS3 renders fine too.

I'll try and get a better shot but here's an example I have right now (high res warning):

[snip picture]

I think you've got the wrong reference levels for your display.

Go to Sytem/Console Settings/Display in the Dashboard:

cpgpWdo.jpg

Normally Standard works best but if not you can try one of the other options:

ghViujX.jpg

And you can also check of your HDMI Color Space is on RGB:

wEWbsXf.jpg

After each change you've got to start the game again which is annoying but I'm pretty sure you end up with a good result.

sgnap
  • sgnap

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:26 PM

So...no solution?

bayz101
  • bayz101

Certified

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:11 AM

GTA V runs best in 720p on console. Please disable any other resolution for best experience. 

sgnap
  • sgnap

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:46 AM

GTA V runs best in 720p on console. Please disable any other resolution for best experience. 

Done, but no improvement :(

eatshitandie
  • eatshitandie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:24 AM Edited by eatshitandie, 01 November 2013 - 10:10 AM.

Enabling 720 resolution on the PS3 made a huge difference for me as I had 1080p selected perminantly on my console to force the PS3 to upscale.  This makes GTAV drop to the base display setting of 480p and the text becomes practically unreadable as well as the poor graphics.  So make sure 720 is checked in your display options on your console.  Do not de-select 1080 as a display option as this will simply stop the resolution being available to other games that can use it.  Providing 720 is available to GTAV it will not default to 480 resolution.

Once you are displaying GTAV at 720 resolution I believe you are seeing the game at its best and any jagged edges you're focussing on are simply because it's a 7 year old console and not a PC/PS4/XBone! :miranda:

trickeh2k
  • trickeh2k

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:47 PM

Yeah, 720p is what you should set your res to. It's jaggy and lowres from time to time, but being 7 year old hardware with only 512mb RAM i thing it's pretty awesome what you're able to pulloff it. Also, if you have a SSD, installing it will make the game run so much smoother and loading times will be much shorter. I have about half the loading times, even better in SP compared to his.

0_0.jpg0_0.jpg0_0.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users