Photo

The magic just isn't there

134 replies to this topic
GTAFever123
  • GTAFever123

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:59 PM

GTA IV was very dynamic with some incredible physics where anything could happen. After spending a day with GTA V I can tell you that magic is not there. The world may be larger but the game feels very rigid and less "free" if that makes any sense. I was hoping V would allure me for the next 5 years like IV did but I really dont see this happening. Pehaps R* could release an optional patch to fix some of this, but even then, they way LS is structured and built with objects I dont think it would help much. GTA Online sounds great but without IV's free form dynamics I dont see myself playing it over and over for the next few years. I'm fine going back to IV for my online fix, I just hope there are people to play left after this release. Don't want to be a downer, I was anticiapting V just as much as everone else was. I hope R* see these complaints and goes back to the pinnacle of the series that is IV. Or perhaps a PC or next gen port that revamps the engine more align with IV.

• Deadly Target and -inVADER- like this

Seriousman
  • Seriousman

Anti-ReligionMan

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:01 PM

Are you saying GTA IV has MORE freedom than GTA 5?  :sui:

• deyessorc and Josh5697 like this

Jesse Pinkman
  • Jesse Pinkman

bitch

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:02 PM Edited by Jesse Pinkman, 17 September 2013 - 09:02 PM.

Yes, its more linear than COD 16  :sui:

yonatan755
  • yonatan755

Playa

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:03 PM

Iv had no gta magic
  • screech likes this

ladx
  • ladx

Thug

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:03 PM

how about you eat your shoes and shut you sewer mouth up

• lizardman563, DBZMUSICBOY01 and OverTheTop like this

ShaneHaughey
  • ShaneHaughey

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:04 PM

GTA IV was the GTA that appealed to people who didn't like GTA magic.

• yonatan755 likes this

lizardman563
  • lizardman563

Give your free will a chance, you've got to want to succeed.

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:04 PM

how about you eat your shoes and shut you sewer mouth up

couldn't have said that better myself 

GTAIsMyLove
  • GTAIsMyLove

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:05 PM

V is not revolutionary...its just a big map which includes things we already done before

GTA III was revolutionary

Vice City was unique because of the amazing setting..music..atmosphere

San andreas revolutionary because of the size and things to do

GTA IV revolutionary because of the new system on new consoles

GTA V..??? 

• Vice Beach, ten-a-penny and hamburglary like this

NYdreamz
  • NYdreamz

Born Sinner

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:05 PM Edited by NYdreamz, 17 September 2013 - 09:09 PM.

this guy said hes gonna b going back to gta 4 online after seeing the gta online trailer .....

u gotta f*cking trolling or f*cking stupid

or both....

Nikobomber
  • Nikobomber

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:06 PM

You must have not played any GTA before IV .IV lost the gta magic, although it became special to me.

But V is back to the gta from the before time. This time better.
  • ten-a-penny and LadiiJoker like this

Scooter_Johnson
  • Scooter_Johnson

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:08 PM

let me guess you used a taxi to explore island lol

• RockstarGROUPIE likes this

ArcaneKnight
  • ArcaneKnight

Unf*ckwitable

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:08 PM

When you got haters hating at this kind of rate, you know you're doing something right.

R* doing it big. Fanboys of other franchises are jealous and want to try and downplay it as much as possible. People know with the release of V, sleeping dogs and Ghosts are going to flop. Wouldn't doubt these people are paid shills by these rival companies to turn some people off to the game in hopes they'll go out and buy something else.

R* making other companies and fans dead desperate. I hope your games flop too because GTA already cashed in. Nothing you all can do to phase them now, keep hatin.

baskerwil
  • baskerwil

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:10 PM

IV the pinnacle? Hardly.

Also, Liberty City was far more constricted than Los Santos, so how you had more "freedom" there, I don't get.

Adecool
  • Adecool

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:11 PM

i dont understand what you're complaining about, how could it feel LESS free when the map is open from the get-go and you can switch characters and follow different story lines at any time. 

vladicorp
  • vladicorp

vladicorp

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:13 PM

GTA IV was very dynamic with some incredible physics where anything could happen. After spending a day with GTA V I can tell you that magic is not there. The world may be larger but the game feels very rigid and less "free" if that makes any sense. I was hoping V would allure me for the next 5 years like IV did but I really dont see this happening. Pehaps R* could release an optional patch to fix some of this, but even then, they way LS is structured and built with objects I dont think it would help much. GTA Online sounds great but without IV's free form dynamics I dont see myself playing it over and over for the next few years. I'm fine going back to IV for my online fix, I just hope there are people to play left after this release. Don't want to be a downer, I was anticiapting V just as much as everone else was. I hope R* see these complaints and goes back to the pinnacle of the series that is IV. Or perhaps a PC or next gen port that revamps the engine more align with IV.

Hi you are saying "optional patch to fix some of this" what do you mean exaclty to fix what ? what are you missing ?

ArcaneKnight
  • ArcaneKnight

Unf*ckwitable

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:14 PM

And look I couldn't even get the name watch dogs right that's how much I don't give a sh*t about any other game right now and I don't see myself buying anything else until price drops anyway. So later sh*tty companies.

Good luck with your bogus DLC's too. LOL you're going to need all the revenue generation ideas you can come up with to make up for the dent V will leave in your alls game sales.

I love salty tears. Hearing these kids cry is a beautiful thing. Ask these clowns to keep feeding us and let us know how upset they are muahhaaha

cmiller4642
  • cmiller4642

Peon

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:15 PM

Seriously stop trolling. I haven't even unlocked Trevor and this is the best GTA game of all time hands down. And I'm someone that was in 10th grade when GTA 3 came out so I play with the nostalgia glasses sometimes.

• screech and Scooter_Johnson like this

differenz
  • differenz

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:15 PM Edited by differenz, 17 September 2013 - 09:15 PM.

There is no much magic, but the OP can't understand it.

This video will explain:
http://www.maniacwor...y-is-happy.html

"We live in an amazing world... and it's wasted on the crappiest generation of spoiled idiots... that don't care"

• marcx likes this

Arrowtotheface
  • Arrowtotheface

Dan

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:16 PM

Toplel

I also played for about the last 10 hours, the magic is there for sure, I honestly just had more fun than I ever did in 4, also the story is much more relatable and engaging

Suck it OP, go troll somewhere else

kipakolonyasi
  • kipakolonyasi

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:23 PM

i've been playing for good 10 - 15 hours and i completely agree with you. more i play, more i miss IV. but! i think online will be sick... races and deathmaches will be a lot more fun compared to IV. remember IV's combat? very weak... remember IV's race tracks? small and repetitive... now imagine a let's say cannonball run mode in V's map. or a triathlon like in tbogt. 

ill-thoughts
  • ill-thoughts

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:32 PM

BOGT > GTA5

normanself
  • normanself

A Happy Jehovah

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:40 PM

to be honest, my first 10 minutes in Los Santos where amazing. Love it. Just "unlocked" Mike, great way to introduce them. 
Can't wait to finally meet Trevor properly. 

Anyways breaktime over - Back to exploring  :colgate:

hamburglary
  • hamburglary

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:00 PM

Somehow I agree. GTA V is a wonderful game and all that, but San Andreas and IV was something different. As goes with GTA:SA, it was the first time you could do so many things in free roam considering it was a PS2.

GTA:IV was early in this gen of consoles and was something a whole lot different than what we were used to see. Wicked physics and all.

And I know that R* have pushed the PS3's limits, but it's just like, there isn't something that blows my mind. Please, peepz, don't get all offended by what I said, I still think the game is great, but I'm just not blown away if you know what I mean. I'm looking forward to play the rest of the story, cause that sure is good. And also the MP, which I believe will be good.

don't go all "THEN DONT BUY THE DARN GAME BLABLABLA". 

hamburglary
  • hamburglary

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:02 PM

V is not revolutionary...its just a big map which includes things we already done before

GTA III was revolutionary

Vice City was unique because of the amazing setting..music..atmosphere

San andreas revolutionary because of the size and things to do

GTA IV revolutionary because of the new system on new consoles

GTA V..??? 

THIS

repgreek
  • repgreek

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:03 PM

Ban OP.

GTAV2011
  • GTAV2011

GTAV...2013

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:05 PM

That thing, that magic...

mooonlights
  • mooonlights

Hustler

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:06 PM

I agree, the loss of intertia when flying off a bike every time makes this game feel really, really constricted. Aaaaand.. I have no idea why they'd do that considering there were YouTube videos dedicated to crashing off motorbikes and watching how dynamic it was to go flying/tumbling/crashing. Now you just go a lousy 20 ft no matter what speed. :/

This is probably my only complaint, along with how long it takes to get noticeable damage on a car, and of course handling (but the cheat fixed that for me)

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:07 PM

iv was the most boring gta ever... besides iv is more free what the hell? in V you have mountains, deserts and a huge city... in IV you only had a city with buildings, buildings and some more buildings... and you are saying IV felt more free than V 

what the hell...

• marcx likes this

PlasmicSnake
  • PlasmicSnake

Negative Astro Creep

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:08 PM

Nobody in the history of the universe would ever consider GTA4 a "pinnacle" This isn't GTA4 and it handles and plays different we just have to get used to the feel. When you know a games controls in and out and than start a brand new game and have to relearn everything its annoying but thats part of the game. The drivings awful because Im awful at it, because I've only been playing for less than 2 hours, in a few days It'll be fine just like the rest of additions and tweeks they made.

el-cobra
  • el-cobra

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:11 PM

GTA V is all about online offline is lame

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users