Photo

[FPS] Performance Issues Thread

135 replies to this topic
DryBomber5
  • DryBomber5

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:12 AM

I'm playing it right now, driving through the city and Blaine county in a cop car going fast speeds, getting a stable framerate, no drops at all. Man it's a real shame the game can't be this smooth during the day when it's sunny, I'm sure it's a simple fix/patch right?

HamSandwich
  • HamSandwich

HamSandwich

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:51 AM

they are fixing everything look look!

http://youtu.be/lGABWh3fRfc

• Jenia likes this

Rarinampersand
  • Rarinampersand

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:42 PM

The only frame drops ive had is when in the mini sub your half under and half over the water surface

axemanoli
  • axemanoli

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:40 PM

Alright so I've installed the SSD and performance is somewhat improved. The game loads from the XMB far quicker and character switching is much faster and smoother. The framerate however is pretty much the same, although it does seem a lot more stable in general, with the dips now only occuring when I drive through busy areas, in daytime, at high speed. Before I would get low frames with very little going on. What little texture pop in I saw before is gone.

I muted the game to listen to the blu ray drive as I played. Everytime I experience significant slowdown the drive is making a lot of noise presumably trying to keep up. Even with the SSD the game is still being read off of that slow drive and during busy sections it seems to struggle to keep up. The second I turn down a quiet street and continue driving, in day time, at high speed the drive is almost silent. 

I'm wondering if a PSN digital install would cut out the middle man leaving the game faster when pulled solely from the SSD. Now I'm debating whether to spend the money for the digital and return my disc copy.

axemanoli
  • axemanoli

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:58 PM

After playing around a little more the difference is more noticeable. Now the night time really is very smooth. As is the daytime for the most part. The expected slowdown still occurs with a lot going on but it's nothing like before where just rotating the camera around the character would drop it considerably. 

This is how it play at my friend's. Obviously the SSD was not necessary. Any decent HDD replacement would do.

Mistress
  • Mistress

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:31 PM

^Thanks, looks like i have to get an HDD for my xbox 360. Im playing from a 32mb/s USB Stick and it feels unplayable to me.

TensaZangetsu
  • TensaZangetsu

White Shinigami

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:10 AM

The only frame drops ive had is when in the mini sub your half under and half over the water surface

Same problem here.

shmite67
  • shmite67

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:51 AM

I have an xbox 360 and I am using a flash drive just got to Franklins new house in the Vinewood Hills all of a sudden the game just turns off and screen goes black. I restarted the xbox and started playing again everything was working fine and then it happened again. I got a message saying I need to replace my flash drive will this lose all my memory and have to start over? I am not a big gamer which is why I dont sound very informed. If anybody could help that would be great thanks

domini99
  • domini99

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:42 AM

I have been playing GTA V on my xbox 360 original 2008, the Jasper model, and i only have framedrops when its really, really crowded in online.

WHen playing offline i have no problem.

Im playing on a 1280x1024 dell monitor.

Maybe it just doesn't play good on high resolution screens.

MassacreGTA
  • MassacreGTA

Prankster

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:20 PM

I can play GTA V for the PS3 on a 20 inch Samsung TV just fine without any FPS performance problems, but now I have switched to a 55 inch Samsung TV and I get FPS performance issues when I'm driving.  :(

maddy26
  • maddy26

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:02 PM

Question:  how to clear cache on the ps3?

kipakolonyasi
  • kipakolonyasi

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:56 PM

500 gb super slim, playstation store version. here's my situation: i was having frame rate issues. this one day i played the game for 8 hours in one sitting. non-stop. (story mode) after i think the 6 hour mark, game smoothened up. literally. in the day time when the shadows and everything that cause fps drop were around, in the crowded areas, in police chases, it's just as smooth as butter. i'm 100% sure it's not my eyes getting used to it because i know that's what people are going to say. and when i turned off my ps3 and turned it on again one day later, it's still the same. solid. almost 30 fps stable. it went like this for a week and then i installed and played some other game for a while (uncharted 2), and when i switched back to gta 5 it was laggy again.

this might be a possible performance fix. i'm serious try it if you have the time. you are going to play it for 5 hours. i don't know what is the explanation behind this. maybe harddrive needle gets used to traveling between one limited area i don't know but this might help someone. 

Made in Yorkshire
  • Made in Yorkshire

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:23 AM Edited by Made in Yorkshire, 14 March 2014 - 10:28 AM.

I have a 12GB PS3 Super Slim - before I put in a 160GB hard disk drive, performance was alright but not perfect (occasional lagging and slow loading), but this has dramatically increased since the drive upgrade.

One of the problems with GTA5 of course is the amount of bugs in the game, despite the numerous updates. I am sure that Rockstar will iron these out eventually.

crackdown02
  • crackdown02

Player Hater

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 2 weeks ago

Changed HDMI resolution to 720p. Problem solved. Yes, the graphics' beauty gets reduced but the game runs smoothly. Might the problem be... the HDMI Video display?

Virus115
  • Virus115

Player Hater

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 2 weeks ago

I need answer to these questions 

1. Is it safe to safe/does the graphics change when installing the install disk on a external hard drive with performance warning (it is connected with usb) The hard drive is WD Elements 500 gb?

2. Can i see better when i sits further from the tv?

3. How can i reduce lag?

¨

Please help me, i really need help!!!

Virus115
  • Virus115

Player Hater

• Members
  • Norway

Posted A week ago Edited by Virus115, A week ago.

Is the graphics supposed to look like this?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users