Photo

[FPS] Performance Issues Thread

132 replies to this topic
zzashzz
  • zzashzz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:43 AM

I was having major lag issues on my ps3 with this game, so I tried rebuilding the database and restoring file system on my ps3, then deleting the gta v installation and then re-installing it. And it has completely fixed the problem and I am getting a smooth 25-30 fps now.
Just google how to do it, it easy very and only takes minutes, and doesn't delete your data.

how long did it take to do that? I might try that tonight :)

from the start to getting back to playing took like 30 minutes. I hope it works for you!

Did all your savefiles stay or did they get deleted?

they stayed

hhamzah99
  • hhamzah99

Call me.. Heisenberg.

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:46 PM

I was having major lag issues on my ps3 with this game, so I tried rebuilding the database and restoring file system on my ps3, then deleting the gta v installation and then re-installing it. And it has completely fixed the problem and I am getting a smooth 25-30 fps now.
Just google how to do it, it easy very and only takes minutes, and doesn't delete your data.

how long did it take to do that? I might try that tonight :)

from the start to getting back to playing took like 30 minutes. I hope it works for you!

Did all your savefiles stay or did they get deleted?

they stayed

Meh, did everything maybe helped for 2-3 fps :/

RatNet
  • RatNet

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:12 PM

No way, the same problem with lags..

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:15 PM

I stopped playing the game at 30% now... this lag is killing me. Makes no fun at all.
And they even advertised the mechanics as "fun and responsive" bad joke it is...

RatNet
  • RatNet

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:19 PM

I stopped playing the game at 30% now... this lag is killing me. Makes no fun at all.
And they even advertised the mechanics as "fun and responsive" bad joke it is...

I have 13%. I'm totaly agree with you bro

Blackout0189
  • Blackout0189

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:12 PM

I'm going to Gamestop tomorrow and telling them my game is defective and exchanging it for a new one. I'll let you guys know if that does anything.

RatNet
  • RatNet

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:33 PM

Okey thank you

wolfwing
  • wolfwing

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:33 PM

I have a PS3 Slim 320 gig, and the game is unplayable, it runs fine at times, but some missions *first one with trevor where he meets Michele, almost the entire drive chasing the guy was through invisible streets and roads, the stuff would pop in and out of existance, same with trevors first heist setup.

I've done format, rebuild and everything, currently I'm doing a full format, and going totry to just transfer back my GTAV latest save *I have backup still*  and see if game plays beter when only thing on are GTAV install and the save.  Anyone else having issues like this?

RatNet
  • RatNet

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:40 PM

Im having laggin' issues..

iBenminja
  • iBenminja

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:46 AM

I really want to send back this game, I am so sick of it! Are they even working on a patch?

PumpuliKivi
  • PumpuliKivi

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:50 PM

The only problem i have is some framerate drops on busy downtown areas at midday in a fast car and also in the river with the waterfalls, it drops a bit. I own the PS Store version of the game btw. 

• DryBomber5 likes this

Tom7792
  • Tom7792

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:54 PM

I don't know if I got used to it or it just got better, it could be both, it definetly got better though.

I formated entire HDD (XBox 360) and uploaded the save files to Cloud drive, installed disc 1 and inserted Play  Disc, works much smoother.

I also downgraded to 720p - this didnt make much difference though if any at all. I have old xbox 360 jasper CPU for the record.

iBenminja
  • iBenminja

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:28 PM

I'm going for a full format on PS3, guys. I hope it works and otherwise this game is going back the way it came from.

RatNet
  • RatNet

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:35 PM

Don't lose time formating, it doesn't work

iBenminja
  • iBenminja

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:42 PM

Don't lose time formating, it doesn't work

Then Rockstar can shove it up their ass.

Blackout0189
  • Blackout0189

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:24 PM

Hell. YES. It was the disc (for me anyway). I got a replacement and it runs a hell of a lot smoother.

iBenminja
  • iBenminja

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:34 PM

Hell. YES. It was the disc (for me anyway). I got a replacement and it runs a hell of a lot smoother.

PS3 or xbox?

misfits138
  • misfits138

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:52 PM

Could you tell us what problems you were having before? I'm returning my game through an online store and want to be somewhat optimistic this will solve my freezing issue.

Blackout0189
  • Blackout0189

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:16 AM

PS3 or xbox?

Xbox

Could you tell us what problems you were having before? I'm returning my game through an online store and want to be somewhat optimistic this will solve my freezing issue.

I never had a freezing issue. My issue was with extremely low frame rate.

jd12680
  • jd12680

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:12 AM

So I am on the mission where you track down the guy at the rock quarry for maude. Everytime I go to the rock quarry my system freezes. I checked the disc and it is fine. It only happens when I go to that area. I deleted the game data (ps3) yet it still freezes. Anyone else having this problem?

Groove-Street12
  • Groove-Street12

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:13 PM Edited by Groove-Street12, 24 September 2013 - 12:14 PM.

I'm going to Gamestop tomorrow and telling them my game is defective and exchanging it for a new one. I'll let you guys know if that does anything.

How did you do that?

My cd still looks good. What should I tell them?

Also gamestop

can not believe that the exchange my good looking cd

Dorelliun
  • Dorelliun

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:01 PM

Using a 500GB PS3, bought the digital version of GTA V. Have experienced a number of system lockups during gameplay that were resolved only when I powered down and performed a corruption scan.

During gameplay, I do note a ton of redraw errors in distant objects, i.e. skyscrapers, trees, freeway barriers, etc. Also, the framerate drops to virtual slow motion when more objects are being animated, and not in a cool way.

Rockstar needs to do a better job quality testing its products before releasing them. When they came out with GTA IV, it bricked my system and Sony had to replace it because Rockstar didn't do their homework then.

Please publish a patch for these issues as soon as possible.

purplebunny
  • purplebunny

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:13 PM

Using a 500GB PS3, bought the digital version of GTA V. Have experienced a number of system lockups during gameplay that were resolved only when I powered down and performed a corruption scan.

During gameplay, I do note a ton of redraw errors in distant objects, i.e. skyscrapers, trees, freeway barriers, etc. Also, the framerate drops to virtual slow motion when more objects are being animated, and not in a cool way.

Rockstar needs to do a better job quality testing its products before releasing them. When they came out with GTA IV, it bricked my system and Sony had to replace it because Rockstar didn't do their homework then.

Please publish a patch for these issues as soon as possible.

This is not an official forum. Call R* and create a ticket here: http://support.rocks...us/requests/new

iBenminja
  • iBenminja

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:02 PM

Full format did nothing. This game is going back! I'll buy something else with my 50 euros.

Justin80
  • Justin80

Genius

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:07 PM

New PS3 super slim here and let me tell you.. JAGGIE CITY.    :(

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:11 PM

They should finally make a statement to this. 5 years from now with a game with awfup lag and framerate in quite some situations...

DryBomber5
  • DryBomber5

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:30 PM

I bought it for ps3, It cant go over 720p, and its often jaggy or the fps is lower than i'd like. Dunno if its just me being too picky, but I know it's there. Is this thing or is it just me?

Nope, not just you. I only notice it during the daytime, the lighting affects.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:31 AM

Am I the only one who has this awful input lag in free aim sometimes?

mr.sofa
  • mr.sofa

Fenom

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:50 PM

I have the ps3 ultraslim 12gb, so the game is installed on flash anyways because it has no hdd.
The framerates drop a lot. I am a pc gamer. I bought a ps, because my pc is really bad. But this is ridiculous.... That is not playable even my dad asked me why is ist so laggy.
Its crazy because I just bought the ps3 and gta, so its a fresh and updated ps3.
And why does the disk have to make those noises all the time? Like an old printer, its annoying, but you get used to it. Maybe this is the problem?

DryBomber5
  • DryBomber5

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:13 PM

I have the ps3 ultraslim 12gb, so the game is installed on flash anyways because it has no hdd.
The framerates drop a lot. I am a pc gamer. I bought a ps, because my pc is really bad. But this is ridiculous.... That is not playable even my dad asked me why is ist so laggy.
Its crazy because I just bought the ps3 and gta, so its a fresh and updated ps3.
And why does the disk have to make those noises all the time? Like an old printer, its annoying, but you get used to it. Maybe this is the problem?

I have the same issue, except it runs fine for me at night. The FPS seems to be stable (28-30 FPS) at night but during the day when it's sunny it really goes down. I wouldn't say its unplayable but it's annoying as hell, and you can't help but notice it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users