• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:36 PM

Sucks for you guys. I'm not experiencing any issues at all. Ps3 user
  • SesameStPimp likes this

Jormatapio
  • Jormatapio

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:45 PM Edited by Jormatapio, 20 September 2013 - 08:46 PM.

I have the PS3 Slim 500gb bought this year. The console makes loud noise all the time while playing and its heating a lot ! And the fps is dropping almost all the time. Mostly in crowded areas etc. Its a little bit better off the city and in the night time but still very annoying lag! I hope Rockstar will make something to get this better.. :/

DryBomber5
  • DryBomber5

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:29 AM

I have this issue also, and it really does look ugly.

When the game is still, it looks stunning! But as soon as I start driving or turning the camera quickly, it lags real bad.

I also get really bad texture pop ins.

I am playing on xbox 360, only installed the mandatory disc as well.

Considering buying a usb and installing the play disc to it to see if that will work.

I'm in the same exact boat you're in.

iBenminja
  • iBenminja

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:27 AM

Got a response from Rockstar. What they advise me to do is the following:

1) Get latest PS3 software update
2) Delete game data
3) Restore file system (or smth like that)
4) Rebuild database
5) Make sure you're connected to the Internet for possible game updates.

Did everything but I don't see an improvement in FPS. Step 5 kinda makes me believe a patch is on its way. Dunno. I'll try to go to a game store with my copy and ask if I can play there to see if I get the same frame drops.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:53 AM Edited by iNero, 21 September 2013 - 06:54 AM.

Got a response from Rockstar. What they advise me to do is the following:
1) Get latest PS3 software update
2) Delete game data
3) Restore file system (or smth like that)
4) Rebuild database
5) Make sure you're connected to the Internet for possible game updates.
Did everything but I don't see an improvement in FPS. Step 5 kinda makes me believe a patch is on its way. Dunno. I'll try to go to a game store with my copy and ask if I can play there to see if I get the same frame drops.

Ofc it wont get better. After all I red here its the games fault and nit your TV or console. You cant get magicly 2-3 fps more when the consoles cant handle certain things. Like the shadows in GTA5.
We can only hope for a patch.

Everyone here has the same framerate. Some notice it more than others. I guess most people play with hardlock or aim assist so they dont really care or notice a drop or the lag.
Im playing with free aim and the lag is killing the fun in shootout. But its not the amount of enemies, its the location which lets the frames drop. I had situations with 4-5 stars, 2 choppers a lot of cars and officers on ground and the lag was still ok to aim right.
On other locations you can aim worse even when there is no AI on screen. Imo the framerate on some parts of the countryside is worse than in the city which is really weird and can only mean that there is some lack of polishing/optimization to some parts. Especially as the vegetation and foliage looks way worse then in RDR and RDR ran smooth for the most part.
Its bad but I dont know if one can blame R* as this game has a huge scale.

Lukijs
  • Lukijs

Badump

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:07 PM Edited by Lukijs, 21 September 2013 - 05:08 PM.

No problems for me ,I only noticed slight drop in mission with trevor and excessive use of Grenade launcher,but otherwise it performs extremally well. Xbox 360 Slim 250 GB ,around 2 years old and 50GB free space ,Play disc installed on USB stick

zzashzz
  • zzashzz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:08 PM

I was having major lag issues on my ps3 with this game, so I tried rebuilding the database and restoring file system on my ps3, then deleting the gta v installation and then re-installing it. And it has completely fixed the problem and I am getting a smooth 25-30 fps now.

Just google how to do it, it easy very and only takes minutes, and doesn't delete your data.

iBenminja
  • iBenminja

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:42 PM

I was having major lag issues on my ps3 with this game, so I tried rebuilding the database and restoring file system on my ps3, then deleting the gta v installation and then re-installing it. And it has completely fixed the problem and I am getting a smooth 25-30 fps now.

Just google how to do it, it easy very and only takes minutes, and doesn't delete your data.

In what order did you do it exactly? I tried doing it according to Rockstar's support. First restore file system and then rebuild.

hhamzah99
  • hhamzah99

Call me.. Heisenberg.

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:44 PM

how long did it take to do that? I might try that tonight :)

iBenminja
  • iBenminja

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:46 PM

Trying it once more as we speak.

Nicanorh
  • Nicanorh

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:05 PM

I having this problem too , im have a PS3 Slim model 1 (CECH-2101A) and a disc copy of the game . I dont have problem with any games (battlefield3, Last Of Us, any of the GTA, Red Dead, L.A Noire) any game at all. is not my tv, is not my disc. we need to contact rockstar and they need to make a patch ASAP!

RatNet
  • RatNet

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:12 PM

Exactly, everyone who is experiencing texture, lag, borderlines issues contact Rockstar Support!

zzashzz
  • zzashzz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:26 PM

from the start to getting back to playing took like 30 minutes. I hope it works for you!

zzashzz
  • zzashzz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:28 PM

In what order did you do it exactly? I tried doing it according to Rockstar's support. First restore file system and then rebuild.

I rebuilt database, restored file system, then deleted gta file then re-installed it. It has fixed it for me.

RatNet
  • RatNet

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:31 PM

I rebuilt database, restored file system, then deleted gta file then re-installed it. It has fixed it for me.

I've done it and many friends have done it aswel and no luck...

zzashzz
  • zzashzz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:48 PM

I've done it and many friends have done it aswel and no luck...

hmmm I don't know what else then. I definatly have seen an improvement. I was getting like 15 fps on this highway in the country, and now it is about 25 fps. If it hasn't helped you then sadly all you can do is wait for a possible patch  :/

RatNet
  • RatNet

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:56 PM

Have you deleted the saved data too? zzashzz

zzashzz
  • zzashzz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:01 PM

Have you deleted the saved data too? zzashzz

I didn't delete save data, only game data

purplebunny
  • purplebunny

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:04 PM

Playing on 360 250GB Slim. Had freezing/pop-in/vanishing roads/blurry textures/low FPS etc. This has so far fixed all issues:

Posted this in another thread, too.

I've just got off chat with Xbox Support. They advised me this is not an hardware issue and that they have received "a lot complaints about this game" They told me to do this and it worked for me:

1. Delete all GTAV game data.
2. Clear system cache three times.
3. Delete marketplace data from storage system items.
4. Unplug console for three minutes.
5. Install disc 1.
6. Power off, do not insert disc 2.
7. Restart.
8. Install disc 2.
9. Play.

If issues persist repeat steps 1-7 then play from disc 2.

Haven't had to repeat the process yet (nearly two hours of gameplay so far without a hiccup). Hope that helps some of you.

RatNet
  • RatNet

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:21 PM

Anything for ps3?

Blackout0189
  • Blackout0189

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:36 AM Edited by Blackout0189, 22 September 2013 - 12:37 AM.

Playing on 360 250GB Slim. Had freezing/pop-in/vanishing roads/blurry textures/low FPS etc. This has so far fixed all issues:

I've just got off chat with Xbox Support. They advised me this is not an hardware issue and that they have received "a lot complaints about this game" They told me to do this and it worked for me:

5. Install disc 1.
7. Restart.
8. Install disc 2.
9. Play.

Haven't had to repeat the process yet (nearly two hours of gameplay so far without a hiccup). Hope that helps some of you.

This is very helpful info. I'm going to try it and report back if it works. Thanks for posting this.

MercyfulFate151
  • MercyfulFate151

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:46 AM

Ever since the game wrecked my USB drive and I installed it to the HDD, I've had no issues with the install but get TONS of graphical pop in.

Mixterz
  • Mixterz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:53 AM

5. Install disc 1.
7. Restart.
8. Install disc 2.
9. Play.

Install disc 2 to USB-stick, right?

purplebunny
  • purplebunny

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:59 AM

Install disc 2 to USB-stick, right?

I installed both to internal HDD, 250GB Slim with about 100GB free space. Been playing for around four hours now with no issues.

Blackout0189
  • Blackout0189

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:06 AM

5. Install disc 1.
7. Restart.
8. Install disc 2.
9. Play.

This is very helpful info. I'm going to try it and report back if it works. Thanks for posting this.

Unfortunately, this didn't do anything for me. I did it twice and it had no effect.

purplebunny
  • purplebunny

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:13 AM Edited by purplebunny, 22 September 2013 - 02:22 AM.

Unfortunately, this didn't do anything for me. I did it twice and it had no effect.

I'm at around five hours now with no issues. Contact Xbox Support, they told me they have one more thing to try after the above but I didn't stick around to see what it was. It's also worth reporting it just so they can note how many people are having these problems.

Blackout0189
  • Blackout0189

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:39 AM

I'm at around five hours now with no issues. Contact Xbox Support, they told me they have one more thing to try after the above but I didn't stick around to see what it was. It's also worth reporting it just so they can note how many people are having these problems.

I just got done talking to a woman on Xbox Support. She basically gave me the same instructions you did and then told me there was nothing else she could do and recommended I contact Rockstar Support.

Darka
  • Darka

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:03 AM

Hi

New here and ran into the Storage Device Issue on Xbox 360

Just a quick heads up on how i resolved it

I had followed the advice not to install the play disk and the game still crashed

Cleared Cached often and still crashed

Installed about 7 times  and still crashed,

Formatted HD and still crashed with storage device issue

I swapped the game and havent had issues

Apparently the issue is caused by the inner ring of the game being damaged or dirty

Take your disk you hold it up to the light and see how ugly the middle clear part is
If you are having this issue it will not look terrible but you should notice some "damage" or things on it
Compare this to a disk not having issues and that part is totally clear

Note

I am not an expert on the disk middle thing, its something i heard and i noticed after checking myself

Havent had issues since swapping for a new disk

Its an error a few are running into, Go take disk back and enjoy the game

hhamzah99
  • hhamzah99

Call me.. Heisenberg.

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:07 AM

from the start to getting back to playing took like 30 minutes. I hope it works for you!

Did all your savefiles stay or did they get deleted?

Groove-Street12
  • Groove-Street12

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:54 AM Edited by Groove-Street12, 22 September 2013 - 09:00 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users